Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
LANDGRAAF The Netherlands 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:37

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the LANDGRAAF The Netherlands show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Sat June 7
Pinkpop 2014
Landgraaf, The Netherlands

Bjornulf

Re: LANDGRAAF The Netherlands 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:45

I still wonder whether there is a plan somewhere which says at which time which artists play (I want to have a good place when the Stones are playing, and I want to hear Joe Bonamassa, but they play on different stages, so I have to know if Bonamassa plays right before the Stones or much earlier).

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:02

Is anyone here going to camp the whole days? I go there with friends who have never seen the band. They only know a few songs. Hope they will like the show and jagger can handle the difficult situation.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 24, 2014 01:09

Kaisan
I still wonder whether there is a plan somewhere which says at which time which artists play (I want to have a good place when the Stones are playing, and I want to hear Joe Bonamassa, but they play on different stages, so I have to know if Bonamassa plays right before the Stones or much earlier).

I'm sure even the organization doesn't know the final program yet. Keep checking on [www.pinkpop.nl], the line up will announced there first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 11:35 by Koen.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 24, 2014 04:42

Anybody driving from PinkPop to Berlin on June 8th?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 24, 2014 10:40

Posted by: basti ()
Date: March 24, 2014 15:05

Hallo everybody
I drive from Germany (Duisburg or Düsseldorf) with my Car to Landgraaf.
I have free places in my Car ...

Drive other Members from Nordrhein Westfalen to the Show

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 24, 2014 15:12

Really looking forward to the festival. After the Stones, there's a two day after party! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-24 21:56 by mr edward.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 24, 2014 21:42

Irix
Have a look here: [www.carpooling.co.uk] , [www.mitfahrzentrale.de] , [www.blablacar.com] .

thanx

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:26

Anyone know if they allow laptops into the festival?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 25, 2014 00:52

MingSubu
Anyone know if they allow laptops into the festival?

If they have 1000 mm lenses attached they are not allowed.............grinning smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:33

DREAMTIME
Anybody driving from PinkPop to Berlin on June 8th?

I would like to but I don't have a ticket for Pinkpop yet.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 25, 2014 10:21

I hope the're going to play a complete set like they did on Glastonbury last year

Date: March 25, 2014 10:37

bart-man
I hope the're going to play a complete set like they did on Glastonbury last year

It'd be cool if they did a trippy song, ala 2KMan for Glastonbury, for this festival.

Posted by: ning ()
Date: March 25, 2014 21:24

In need of 3 tickets for Saturday at the Pinkpop Festival, please. Lifelong fan and will be in Holland for the weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 22:23 by ning.

Date: March 25, 2014 22:03

Anyone looking for accomodation? Backstage Hotel in Amsterdam is a great place to stay. Situated close to Leidseplein and Paradiso. Public transport around the corner.

The guys who run the hotel are huge Stones fans themselves. Chris Jagger played there last September.

At the moment the hotel is busy organizing something special for Stones fans who want to stay there on 6&7 June, so when making a booking do not forget to mention that you are a Stones fan!

Backstage Hotel on Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 22:06 by paulinestroosnijder.

Date: March 25, 2014 22:55

paulinestroosnijder
Anyone looking for accomodation? Backstage Hotel in Amsterdam is a great place to stay. Situated close to Leidseplein and Paradiso. Public transport around the corner.

The guys who run the hotel are huge Stones fans themselves. Chris Jagger played there last September.

At the moment the hotel is busy organizing something special for Stones fans who want to stay there on 6&7 June, so when making a booking do not forget to mention that you are a Stones fan!

Backstage Hotel on Facebook

Amsterdam is not really near Landgraaf. If you go to Landgraaf you better stay in Heerlen or Maastricht. Maastricht is a very nice city. The've got good restaurants, nice hotels en bars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 06:40 by bart-man.

Date: March 26, 2014 01:45

Thanks, I know my geography Bartman. Maastricht is certainly worth visiting but for those who would like to spend some time in Amsterdam the Backstage is a good place. And who knows, the Stones might be staying in Amsterdam too... You may catch a glimpse then....

Date: March 26, 2014 06:39

Yeah you're right about that. If you are in The Netherlands you have to visit Amsterdam. A really must-do winking smiley

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:52

bart-man
Yeah you're right about that. If you are in The Netherlands you have to visit Amsterdam. A really must-do winking smiley

If you want to see the tourist version of the netherlands than by all means do. If you rather want to get a better/more distinctive sense of what the netherlands is about go to

Rotterdam
The Gateway in Europe. A fast and architecture heavy modern city with broad roads and the biggest skyline of the Netherlands.

Den Hague
The political capital which houses a nice mixture of middle age & modern cityscape, also the capital bordered by the sea

Utrecht
More early middle age hostical cityscape and hosts the tallest church of the netherlands, city features loads of small cannals and has a cosy inner city feel

There are some smaller cities in the Netherlands such as Breda, Tilburg, Maastricht, Groningen with a less urban or big city feel, but do have their own unique contribution of the dutch country representation.

Also notable. The Dutch have a neat transportation network, which allows you to get to these different cities quite easily.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 13:03 by HaroldJustin.

Date: March 28, 2014 12:59

Briefly looking through my travel guides, I've come across Netherlands bulbfields. The Bloembollenstreek, during June, is worth taking a trip there? My guide says it is located between Haarlem and Leiden.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 28, 2014 13:20

After May, I don't think there's much going on in the bulbfields... But if you're into typical Dutch atmosphere and you wanne see windmills and wooden shoes, try Kinderdijk or Zaanse Schans. They'll fix you some tulips as well.

Anyway, we're drifting off...

Date: March 28, 2014 13:40

Travel wise Amsterdam is possible, but you'll arive around 9-ish at its earliest with public transport, so that is something to take into consideration.

I'd suggest booking a Hotel in Heerlen, which is a fun and cosy little city. Maastrich is a little bigger and further away as alternative.

It does depend a little on your trip. If you are just staying for 2-3 days around the concert Heerlen or Maastricht is probably the best idea. If you are going for a longer period you could do go to Amsterdam or one of the cities I mentioned.

Date: March 28, 2014 13:42

I have the 2-3 days around the festival. After my string of shows, I'm planning something like 4 days in Amsterdam and 4 in Paris. Still nothing concrete.

Amsterdam is for sure, just not sure when.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 13:43 by MingSubu.

Date: March 28, 2014 14:08

MingSubu
I have the 2-3 days around the festival. After my string of shows, I'm planning something like 4 days in Amsterdam and 4 in Paris. Still nothing concrete.

Amsterdam is for sure, just not sure when.

Well if you need tips/tricks for staying in the netherlands, feel free to poke. Still not sure what people's obsessions is with Amsterdam, I find it rather uninstresting tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:26

Looking for a hotel/hostel to stay near Landgraaf? Try on the German side just around the corner the city of Aachen... nice place, a lot of students, pubs etc.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 28, 2014 23:59

Hi,just wondering if anyone knows about transport links to pinkpop how easy it is to get train to and from venue from nearest airport ?

Thanks
Nate

Date: March 29, 2014 00:10

Nate
Hi,just wondering if anyone knows about transport links to pinkpop how easy it is to get train to and from venue from nearest airport ?

Thanks
Nate

[www.pinkpop.nl]

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:52

So ... are there any news how the Pinkpop 2014 main stage will look like?

Date: April 4, 2014 00:19

Any new info about the festival?

Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters on the 8th. Haven't heard much about this band, has anyone here?

Think the Stones will have a guest? I dug John Mayer, at Newark 1, rockin' Respectable. Wouldn't mind seeing/hearing that again.

Anyone have an overhead festival layout, that isn't a photo?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home