Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: TEL AVIV Israel 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 2, 2014 11:58

paulywaul
Seen any tour posters or lithographs for the Tel-Aviv show yet ?

Bad news Paul - I discovered that the production company office is close to some place I had to go anyway... Took my corpse down their basement office and used my limited charm for inquiries about the "Merch" - NO specially designed poster for TLV gig. I got a less certain answer bout T-shirts, but got to understand there wont be and "iconic" T-shirts too - nothing like that tongue+Swiss cross think I saw for Zurich. I think that they deliberately avoided that from reasons you can imagine.

The Merch is, as expected, a "top secret" thing so did not have a chance to see any hanging around. I did - however - get a tour poster of a bus stop add dimensions... From the way the edges look I suspect it actually decorated a bus stop...

Date: June 2, 2014 12:01

jerusalemgypsy
Do you think I could take my Fujicom camera. It's not an SLR but looks like one. I don't want them to take it away from me at the gate. You can't even bring water sometimes at the gate. they want you to buy inside :-(

Had the same question... my old Fuji cannot march a new HTC smartphone but they said they wont allow that. usually I trust that "common sense" would win, but this entire affair with the TLV gig smells like something that would be more strict than what we are used to. I will leave it at home...

Posted by: Neurus ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:31

Any chance to have someone of the band visiting Jerusalem tomorrow?

Date: June 2, 2014 14:33

Neurus

In Erev Shavu'ot? don't think so... Even locals avoid Jerusalem on this day...

Posted by: jerusalemgypsy ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:55

Neurus

Actually, if they go tomorrow to the Old City Arab market, Western Wall, it will be fine. The crowds will come to the Western Wall from 7 pm onwards when the holiday begins. But morning, early afternoon could be a good time.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 2, 2014 19:43

Just picked up the tickets in Dizengof Center...

Threy could have used a more actual picture :-)

sjouke

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 2, 2014 21:09

jerusalemgypsy
jazzbass
A few questions for first visit to Israel.

Dress code? I'll be traveling solo from Philly, arriving Tuesday June 3rd. Staying at the Dan Tel Aviv Beach. Are their any dress concerns I should be aware of? I was hoping to wear shorts or jeans and t shirts most of the time. I'll be taking a solo private tour to Dead Sea and some holy sites on thursday so some dress tips for this excursion would be appreciated as well.

Also, strictly out of curiosity, what is Israel's stance on marijuana? Is it widely available or a serious crime? Just asking.

Like Many people said - dress is very casual. I'm from Jerusalem and you can wear sleeveless/shorts to most places but for all holy places, you should wear sleeves (up to elbow sleeves ok) and long pants.

As to marijuana - my daughter, who was 17 at the time, got 120 hours of community service for passing a joint to her friend at a party in the park. Not selling....but "distributing" as it said in her police record. when she turned 18, they tried her as an adult. It was horrible. Very primitive rules for light drugs here. So I don't risk it. I do occasionally sniff marijuana around me at a concert, but people do not openly smoke.

Thanks for that good info.

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 2, 2014 21:34

Date: June 2, 2014 21:45

The eagle had landed...

Date: June 2, 2014 23:25

Mick Taylor certainly not in London... just arrived with Boby K. and Bernard F. guess that he doesnt get the 1000$ per person diamond vip tratment upon attival...

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 2, 2014 23:37

Date: June 3, 2014 00:18

Date: June 3, 2014 00:22

Wroclaw, any magazines with Stones cover? Thanks

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 07:46

z

LOVE this picture

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 3, 2014 08:03

Without quoting it again this last photo of them leaving their airplane made my day, looks like the Glimmer Twins are buddies once again. >grinning smiley<

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 3, 2014 08:04

Tel Aviv, Israel Weather

Wed Jun 4
Sunny
H: 88°
L: 81°
Chance of rain: 0%
Wind: NNE at 11 mph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 08:07 by Mister_D.

Date: June 3, 2014 08:22

Medzvel
Wroclaw, any magazines with Stones cover? Thanks

I think its the wronf country to look for that... hardly any real magazines here anymore (except for Kids/teenagers OR "dentists waiting room" magazines). All went online...

I know that people who waited for the rest of the touring party (Taylor, Keys, Fowler) at the gate pf the hotel had wonderful photo opportunities as the hotels door is right on a street and they went off their cars just the way you get off a bus and were in very good spirit. Foolishly I thought that Mick Taylor arrived with the band so went away to eat at a nearby restaurant sad smiley... later was told that he chatted with everybody there and people took pictures with him... At HP2 I was very close to the stage but in the wing in a position from where I never saw him for once even. Kinda deja vu for me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 08:23 by Wroclaw.

Date: June 3, 2014 09:04

[pplus.ynet.co.il]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 10:19 by z.

Date: June 3, 2014 09:08

From Israel Broadcast Authority (Radio):
Members of the Stones are expected to visit Jerusalem and the Dead Sea today (Tuesday).
Attendence at the Wednesday show is expected to be approx. 45,000.

Posted by: stonesjohn ()
Date: June 3, 2014 11:31

I am in from the states via zurich- what a great show it was- I am staying near the beach also- is there some get together or meeting place to celebrate before the show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 3, 2014 16:35

stonesjohn
I am in from the states via zurich- what a great show it was- I am staying near the beach also- is there some get together or meeting place to celebrate before the show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes would love to meet up before the show - mid morning, early afternoon before line up.

Date: June 3, 2014 17:44

Gypsy, I sent you a facebook message some ten days ago, did you see it? It's not in your inbox but in the 'Other' folder.

Date: June 3, 2014 18:55

No, I didn't see it. But I just checked my "other" folder and....now I do see it!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 3, 2014 19:04

Enjoy the show my friends...wish I could be there, but because I may be in Israel for a pair of Bat-Mitzvahs at the end of the year, it made even considering this trip impossible.

I will be there in spirit!smileys with beer

Date: June 3, 2014 19:04

I figure I'll grab a bite to eat at some cafe by the Tel Aviv Port before heading over to Park Yarkon....anyone else want to do the same? Then we can share a taxi over to the Park.

Date: June 3, 2014 21:07

Went to see the location today as I was hoping to win the lottery and catch the boys on siund check...

Sad news for GA ticket holders (moi) - the Golden Ring area would be that half circle facing the stage (and not the HP gigs arrangment...) - NO FOS option for GA ticket holders. At best it looks as you could see the band from some 25 meters and the catwalk from 10... if you run at 17:30 and catch a spot by the barrier. As this is not a typical teenager event - might be a good chance for that without really running.

Didn't see many signes in English but then the gate numbers are clear.

Merch was not on site so not much about that. As with the Stones - Merch stands are built in order to create qews and are small.

The arrangment is similar to what you see on the map (sometimes here insitu you get somewhat different arrangments). If you do not intend to push for the front, and would rather relax at the back - head for the area inside gates 12-13 - its a natural slope and a great place for thos with kids or people who like to be more relaxed. The only road that runs near the park (Rokach Blv.) is close to gates 1-2-3 and the best known spot on that road is the entrance to the national exhibition center ("Ganei HaTarucha") on the other side of the road. One of the main merch stands is near gate 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 21:22 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:13

Looks like a nice slope for people to watch the concert on?

Date: June 3, 2014 21:27

jerusalemgypsy
I figure I'll grab a bite to eat at some cafe by the Tel Aviv Port before heading over to Park Yarkon....anyone else want to do the same? Then we can share a taxi over to the Park.

I'll hang around the park starting at 3PM I guess... Do not hope for the sound check being then (bet it would be in the morning) but do pray. Maybe will take a walk to Ayalon mall for some Junk food, but no TLV port for me... The stalking the Stones near their hotel yesterday and having to feed myself in the overpriced beach restaurants left my budget dry... Anyone at the park, however, give me a sign (here).

Date: June 3, 2014 22:36

Great shots, Wrowclaw. It'd be great if you could provide similar venue shots-- not just the usual stage shots of band members-- on the day of (before the sun goes down).

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:46

Not sure about the stage itself but the catwalk is way higher than in Oslo. It was something around 160 cm in Oslo. Here it is much higher than the guy walking past it. So be careful when you choose your position.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home