Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: TEL AVIV Israel 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 13, 2014 13:29

Hendrik
Good morning all,

Thought that to see the Stones in Oslo and Berlin was enough for me but the more I think about it, Tel Aviv must be awesome and wondering if anyone has 2 GC to spare?

thanks in advance

Hendrik Mulder
[email protected]

Hi Hendrick -

The promoters/ticket office has many-many tickets to spare...:

[www.eventim.co.il]

Just need a paypal account + about 150 Euros...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 13, 2014 15:06

I just got credit from eventim for 2 GC tickets $1065.00 USD. Told them it was a mistake and since it was only will call and I was buying for a gift, it doesn't work. Now I have 2 Lucky Dip tickets for $214.00 USD.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 27, 2014 20:04

don't know if someone has already mentioned:

the layout looks a littel bit funny. The area for VIP tix is the stage. lol

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 27, 2014 21:52

MAF

Drink some coffee and have another look.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 28, 2014 13:13

latvianinexile
MAF

Drink some coffee and have another look.

I mean the color...

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: April 29, 2014 03:48

Why Israelis don't care about the Rolling Stones

Haaretz Newspaper, 25.04.2014

By Ben Shalev

Smaller acts have caused mass hysteria by announcing they are coming to Israel, so why not the band that epitomizes rock and roll?

Rumors of the Rolling Stones show in Tel Aviv this summer spread for several weeks before the official announcement, and during that time, someone asked me if I knew where the show would take place. I said I didn't know, stupidly adding that I hoped that the show’s producer had found an area big enough to hold 200,000 people. Or was it 300,000?

What made me come up with these off-the-wall numbers? Two things. One is the symbolism of the Stones’ show. This isn't just another big group, but the group that embodies the thing known as rock and roll. The music, the attitude, the values (or lack of them) — the Rolling Stones are the living symbol of the whole culture. That is beyond dispute. The symbol of rock and roll must be a band, and the only possible band is the Stones. That's not opinion; it's an axiom. So the thought behind my answer was that every Israeli who saw him- or herself as a citizen of the cultural continent that the Rolling Stones symbolized had to be there, in that unknown field capable of containing 200,000 people.
I had another thought as well: Leonard Cohen. And another: Kaveret. These were two recent cases of performances that caused mass hysteria. All 50,000 tickets to Cohen’s show in Ramat Gan in the summer of 2009 sold out in a few hours. A similar thing happened a year ago when Israeli rock band Kaveret got back together for the last time. All the tickets for the first show in Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park (after several smaller shows in Jerusalem) sold out within 12 hours. In the end, about 100,000 people saw Kaveret last summer. Could it be that a similar number of people will not go for tickets to the Stones’ show?

It's definitely possible. Contrary to expectations — mine, at least — there is no hysteria. It's been a month since tickets went on sale for the Rolling Stones concert in Hayarkon Park on June 4, and the words “sold out” have yet to be heard. “The madness continues,” screamed an email sent from the show’s public relations department about two weeks ago. But then it became clear that it was just a message about how a few hundred lucky numbers that the Stones offered at a discount were sold in 27 seconds. The regular sale is still rumbling along. The Stones cannot do in a month what Leonard Cohen did in a few hours.

I suspect that even Shuki Weiss, the show’s producer, is surprised. As mentioned, for the first two days after the tickets went on sale, only Pelephone cellphone service customers could buy them, and when Weiss was asked what would happen if the tickets sold out in those two days, before the rest of the public had a chance to buy any, he smiled and said the Israeli audience knew how to manage. Maybe it's just me, but Weiss’s face and smile and smile seemed to suggest he thought that was exactly what would happen. A month later, the sale is still going on.

It's not all that heroic to try to explain after the fact why a cultural phenomenon that went against your expectations happened as it did. Still, the question begs to be asked: Why didn’t the Stones’ show cause mass hysteria? The obvious answer is: the price. Seven-hundred shekels. That is one of the most expensive ticket prices in the history of Israeli rock shows, if not the most expensive. That was probably by order of the Stones’ management team, not Weiss. But the public doesn't care who set the price. Seven-hundred shekels is a lot of money. That's 300 shekels more than tickets to Neil Young in the same park this summer (Weiss is producing that show as well).

There's no doubt that this price has put many people off. But that's not the only reason why hysteria over the Rolling Stones is not running as high as predicted. Another reason that music critics are having a hard time understanding is that very few people are interested in symbols. People don't go to an artist’s show because he symbolizes something. They go for other reasons: Because his music is the soundtrack of their lives, because they feel a special closeness to him, and sometimes, particularly at mass shows, simply because it seems like the right thing to do. In the Stones’ case, it seems that there's a disconnect between the fact that they are the ultimate symbol of rock and roll and the emotional connection that the Israeli audience feels with them.

Even the hard core of Israeli rock fans is not connected to the Stones in a way that reflects the band’s superior status. Listeners of the program “Hit Me with Some Rock” on 88 FM, who take pride in being the largest rock community in Israel, recently chose the hundred biggest rock bands of all time. Pink Floyd got first place, followed by Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Queen and the Doors. The Stones got eighth place, after Pearl Jam. I have a feeling that if Pearl Jam were to announce tomorrow that they were coming to Israel, all the tickets for their show would be sold out before the tickets for the Stones’ show.

But why is that? Why does it seem that there is a gap between the Stones’ indisputable status as the ultimate rock band and the emotional connection that the Israeli audience feels toward it? The answer could lie in the certain amount of distance that typifies the images and writing of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. They loved to take an ironic stance, regarding the protagonists of their songs with a bit of mockery. Values that seem to be important to the Israeli audience, such as honesty, empathy and eye contact with the listener, are not found among the Stones, certainly not in abundance. You will find them much more in the work of Leonard Cohen and Pearl Jam.

As long as we're talking about irony, it's also ironic that I — who value things like symbolism, actually like artists who look at the world from a distance and with irony and in general like the Stones much more than Leonard Cohen or Pearl Jam — am not as excited about the Stones’ show as I might be. A few days ago, I listened to the tremendous song “Wild Horses” on the radio and thought that hearing it in the park with tens of thousands of people would definitely be an unforgettable experience. But I still have not bought a ticket. That cannot be said of tickets to Neil Young (and Crazy Horse!) and the Pixies, which I reverently keep in the drawer, atop a bed of wool and fragrant spices.

Date: April 29, 2014 10:24

Medzvel
Why Israelis don't care about the Rolling Stones

Haaretz Newspaper, 25.04.2014

By Ben Shalev

Smaller acts have caused mass hysteria by announcing they are coming to Israel, so why not the band that epitomizes rock and roll?

Nice writing but waaaayyy too full of wistful thinking and little understanding of the (local) market. Anyone who even said (if he really did) that he expects 200K people at a Stones gig in Tel Aviv cannot be taken seriously. The writer comes out of the assumption that one may ask “how come X gig was not sold out in hours “as it was in Europe” but facts say otherwise. A much more serious writer about music and rock (Sharon Moldavi) wrote, already when the first rumors were spread, that he expects about 30K ticket buyers at full rate – which back then was speculated to be about 70% of the actual VERY HIGH ticket price that was published in March. He correctly noted that the RS didn’t have a strong fan base in Israel since… since the early 70’s… I still recall the parents generation talks about the strong impression they got when repeatedly going to see “Gimme Shelter” in some cinema, but since then the no-show of the Stones here + the fact that the bootleg/re screening of rock material was a practically non existent here before the internet age caused the following generations to ignore the Stones music except for a selection of very rocky war horses. The Stones are “The Band that smashes stadiums in US/Europe” and that’s about how they were seen while 2 generations kept listening to Pick Floyd and the classic guitar driven hard rock such as Zep and Deep Purple. The late 60’s generation are not concert goers anymore. They would definitely not dream about a standing concert in the heath of June and when coming “in time” means seeing the Stones over the screens. Now that’s what makes the Stones not sold like Leonard Cohen BUT in general the writers question as for “why was there no hysteria” is an oxymoron as “hysteria” over ticket buying is just totally alien to locals here. Consumers hysteria is just not an Israeli thing – if you launch a new IPhone or open the first Ikea megastore you can create a buzz that will attract 50 red neck type of people to gather at the store since the early morning so that the reporters could get their winning shot looking at it from in the store, but you cannot do that with tickets. With no “corporate emp. money spenders” class, ticket prices that are VERY high and a limited potential population to go to such a concert I think that the 40K that will come is actually a respectable number. Leonard Cohen/Bob Dylan/Paul Simon gigs were attended by many of the Medical Doctors, dentists, accountants class – The class who listens to this music in their cars on the way to work or in their clinics. They will take their older son/daughter and expect a seated event. They know too well that a park gig in the summer + high ticket price + they only know JJF, Sati, Angie + 2 others = too much for them. They all go to Neil Young if to any. The youngest generation cannot afford the tickets anyway. The “low Cost” revolution arrived to Israel only a few years ago – low cost flights. Low Cost TA coffee. Sales of electronic devices. Nike snickers in bearable prices and no more waiting for a cousin to travel to USA and buy them a pair. In this situation the concert prices are actually going the other way. And many people vote by their legs – RS gig is no exception. Also – locals like to go to concerts “with someone” – I actually read posts over the social media by people who say “I love the Stones but all my friends don’t – looking for some one who also goes alone just to spent the time before the gig and enjoy together”. People take it for granted that they take their NON FAN spouses to gigs of their beloved artists. People around me heard the ticket prices (and being a park concert) and said “150 EU per ticket? So with da wife its 300 + beer and parking its 350 so I think I pass”…

And still – I actually, genuinely, expect it to be a great gig with a respectable amount of goers.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: May 7, 2014 00:32

Just got 3 Golden Circle tickets!

Date: May 8, 2014 21:42

Tel Aviv RS concert Shuki Weiss announced that (veteran) Israeli rocker Rami Fortis would be the "wark up" act of this show. Perhaps some people from Europe - mostly The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany might recognize his name as part of an 1980's band "Minimal Compact" that had some success in those countries in the mid 80's.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: May 9, 2014 10:04

Did anyone receive their tickets for Tel Aviv already? Apparently mine I have to pick up at the Boxoffice on show day, wherever that might be.
Does anyone in Israel know if tickets can be picked up in advance during the week. Todah!

sjouke

Date: May 9, 2014 11:39

Sjouke
Did anyone receive their tickets for Tel Aviv already? Apparently mine I have to pick up at the Boxoffice on show day, wherever that might be.
Does anyone in Israel know if tickets can be picked up in advance during the week. Todah!

sjouke

Hi-

Eventim have a counter in Dizengof center shopping mall in the heart of Tel Aviv-right inside gate 4 which is on the same side of the mall (which is made of 2 buildings divided by the street) as a big music instruments store one cannot miss. They print the tickets onsite and when I was there they also gave some coupon for a Cappucino in a near by coffee store...

I think they are open till 1900 on weekdays (Sunday is a weekday in Israel while Friday is a "half working day"). Bare in mind that June 3rd in a relegious holiday so iy is like a Friday so they should be open only till 1300 or 1400. Their website should have all details but its so slow on the cellphone so I cannot check now...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: May 9, 2014 12:09

Thanks for the tips an directions. We arrive on Monday the 2nd to Israel. I know the shopping centre, so it will be easy to find the Eventim office then ;-)

sjouke

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 9, 2014 18:21

Wroclaw
Sjouke

sjouke

Hi-

Eventim have a counter in Dizengof center shopping mall in the heart of Tel Aviv-right inside gate 4 which is on the same side of the mall (which is made of 2 buildings divided by the street) as a big music instruments store one cannot miss. They print the tickets onsite and when I was there they also gave some coupon for a Cappucino in a near by coffee store...

I think they are open till 1900 on weekdays (Sunday is a weekday in Israel while Friday is a "half working day"). Bare in mind that June 3rd in a relegious holiday so iy is like a Friday so they should be open only till 1300 or 1400. Their website should have all details but its so slow on the cellphone so I cannot check now...

Wow, does this bring back memories...unfortunately the soonest I can get back for a visit will be well after the Stones concert.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 9, 2014 18:25

Local punk icon to open for Stones

‘I’m almost their age, and this band has accompanied me my whole life,’ says Rami Fortis, 59

With just 28 days left until the Rolling Stones’ June 4 performance in Tel Aviv’s Hayarkon park, producer Shuki Weiss announced Thursday that the band had chosen Rami Fortis, one of Israel’s original rock ‘n rollers, as the warm-up act

“I have no words,” said Fortis, also known as 4tis, in a statement. “To say that it’s very exciting is an understatement. I’m almost their age, and this band has accompanied me my whole life — there’s no doubt that they are my soundtrack and a huge source of inspiration for me. If you would have told me that I would end up performing for them, it would have seemed like a joke to me, but everything is possible in life, and therefore, very exciting.”

According to Merav Lahav, who handles the press relations for Weiss, the producer sent several musicians’ clips to the Rolling Stones, who then chose Fortis.

The punk rocker will probably play about 45 minutes before the band comes onstage, said Lahav.

Fortis, 59, who came of age as a musician in the 1970s with his debut album, “Plonter,” is considered a pioneer of Israeli punk rock. His first album wasn’t commercially successful when it was first released, but is now considered a cult favorite. He became known for “Sipurim Me’hakufsa” (Tales from the Box, 1998), and his wild behavior onstage, which earned him the moniker The Madman.

The beloved rocker is now known to younger audiences as one of the mentors on TV reality show “The X Factor Israel,” where he showed himself to be a gentle, supportive mentor who takes time to meditate each morning.

[www.timesofisrael.com]

Posted by: jerusalemgypsy ()
Date: May 18, 2014 08:34

Hope I get meet some of you on this list on the day of the show. I have Golden Circle tix and will be coming from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv around noon.

I know in Europe people line up really early to get a good place, but I doubt people in Israel will want to stand hours in the heat, no matter how avid a fan. Wondering when to stand in line....3, 4, 5?

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 18, 2014 10:14

Hey Leah, it's a dream come true, isn't it?
I'll be in the golden circle, but on Keith's side. I guess you'll be under Ronnie. I'll come over to say hello (I bet you don't remember me..).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-18 11:51 by z.

Date: May 18, 2014 10:51

jerusalemgypsy

I know in Europe people line up really early to get a good place, but I doubt people in Israel will want to stand hours in the heat, no matter how avid a fan. Wondering when to stand in line....3, 4, 5?

Why not? if it was a weekday, and trusting that the average attendant of this specific concert is a person with a job (not to say - career), maybe family, I would have assumed many are not ABLE to be there early. BUT - this is a holiday... and now with Kindles/Tablets/Smartphones its no big deal to be waiting for hours in the park, in the shade of some tree, and "creeping" foreword towards the gate as you see more and more people gathering there. Now as with this gig the whole ticket sale report is being a national security type of secret (I believe there is NO official number anyone knows and all the speculations by reporters were based on guesses and wishful thinking - my personal feeling) you wont be able to know how it will be until that day... I do not worry so much for the Golden ring people - it would be mostly well provided adults, few families and lots of tourists and people of the Anglo Saxon "emigratzya" of Tel Aviv/Jerusalem/Ra'nana/Modi'in so it would be rather perfectly comfortable. Just hope the weather would "just" hot and not ghastly hot.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 19:35

How many tickets they have sold for tel aviv? Any idea? I remember that also before Shanghai people started to talk about fiasco, but at the end it was sold out or almost sold out. I mean , i don't think that a band like the stones will sell less than 50/60000 tickets in tel aviv

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 18, 2014 20:38

Shuki Weiss said 10 days ago that more than 40k have been sold. I'd like to believe him.

Date: May 18, 2014 21:30

andrea66
How many tickets they have sold for tel aviv? Any idea? I remember that also before Shanghai people started to talk about fiasco, but at the end it was sold out or almost sold out. I mean , i don't think that a band like the stones will sell less than 50/60000 tickets in tel aviv

If they sell 35K tickets at an average price of 700 ILS per ticket, they end up with over 7,000,000 USD in revenue. Thats a pretty impressive number for a park gig. I bet it would be 40K in the crowd - and taking into consideration the fact this gig would be nearly teenager free - thats a rather ideal size for a crowd in this park and also means that the notorious heat effect you get when 50K people stand shoulder to shoulder in the June weather, would be less harsh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-18 21:31 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 21:34

If they sell 50.000 tickets or more, even if in hayarkonk would fit 100.000, would you consider it as a fiasco? With those ticket prices? Don't think so..

Date: May 18, 2014 21:55

The park could attend much more - the organizers define a certain compound for the gig, get the permissions etc. - I assume that by now they know they would expect 40-50 K thus define the "sold out"/licence number as 50K - like with most gigs there. For me a fiasco would be when it will be obvious that the park is too empty to allow a reasonable "victory shot". This would not to be the case. A majot sellout was never expected as it is common knowledge that the Stones were never big in Israel and are rated well below bands/performers that would be regarded as way behind the stones in popularity livegig wise in the US, Europe etc. (Depeche Mode, Metallica, Pearl Jam). I do not think I ever heard Midnight Rambler played in any of the popular music radio stations here... NEVER!

Posted by: jerusalemgypsy ()
Date: May 19, 2014 22:31

z
Hey Leah, it's a dream come true, isn't it?
I'll be in the golden circle, but on Keith's side. I guess you'll be under Ronnie. I'll come over to say hello (I bet you don't remember me..).

Z? Maybe I'd remember you if I knew who you were! But you obviously know I'm a Ronnie person. Yes it is a dream come true!!! I might even go on Keith's side this time around!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2014 09:09

Tweeted 10 minutes ago by RS.com:

Lucky Dip tickets for #StonesTelAviv go on sale at 9am local. Go here for the secret link to these special tickets: http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/

Date: May 21, 2014 09:28

Aquamarine
Tweeted 10 minutes ago by RS.com:

Lucky Dip tickets for #StonesTelAviv go on sale at 9am local. Go here for the secret link to these special tickets: http://www.rollingstones.com/tickets/

The promoter posted this on his facebook/twitter this morning. Kind of funny-"Lucky dip" sold at half price of the cheapest ticket type. But then everybody were expecting this trick-always done for park gigs overhere.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2014 09:30

Sorry--the tweet just only turned up on my Twitter feed!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 21, 2014 10:04

#StonesTelAviv Lucky Dip tickets are now sold out. #StonesOslo tickets go on sale at 9am local [www.rollingstones.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: May 27, 2014 15:54

Ronnie Wood: Dylan told us to come to Israel

The Jerusalem Post. 27.05.2914

Iconic musician urged band to make 'Like a Rolling Stone' and perform in Israel on European tour this summer.
Ronnie Wood, guitarist for The Rolling Stones, revealed Monday that Bob Dylan put the idea in the Stones' circle to include Israel as a tour stop.
In an interview with Channel 2 in response to written questions ahead of the Stones' Israel debut on June 4, Wood said that one time after seeing Dylan perform, the singer made the suggestion.
He was coming offstage and said "we're going to Tel Aviv." He had a big smile on his face, and he said he loved it there," said Wood. "I said, we've never been there, so we'll have to go play there one day, so there you go."
One of the band's co-founders, guitarist Keith Richards, said in the TV interview segment that he was excited about the Stones' European tour which begins Monday night in Oslo, with their show at Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park being their fourth stop.
"By the time we get to Tel Aviv, it should be the Rolling Stones on full power, all 12 cylinders," said Richards.

Date: May 27, 2014 16:04

Medzvel
Ronnie Wood: Dylan told us to come to Israel

The Jerusalem Post. 27.05.2914

Iconic musician urged band to make 'Like a Rolling Stone' and perform in Israel on European tour this summer.
Ronnie Wood, guitarist for The Rolling Stones, revealed Monday that Bob Dylan put the idea in the Stones' circle to include Israel as a tour stop.
In an interview with Channel 2 in response to written questions ahead of the Stones' Israel debut on June 4, Wood said that one time after seeing Dylan perform, the singer made the suggestion.
He was coming offstage and said "we're going to Tel Aviv." He had a big smile on his face, and he said he loved it there," said Wood. "I said, we've never been there, so we'll have to go play there one day, so there you go."
One of the band's co-founders, guitarist Keith Richards, said in the TV interview segment that he was excited about the Stones' European tour which begins Monday night in Oslo, with their show at Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park being their fourth stop.
"By the time we get to Tel Aviv, it should be the Rolling Stones on full power, all 12 cylinders," said Richards.

Well... after that notorious gig by Dylen some 20 years ago (which he himself described as his worst ever gig...) he certainly found a way to compensate...

Date: May 28, 2014 11:04

In what is an obvious attempt by the local producers to push for a final bust in ticket sales (that are OK, but then the real profit is in those extra 5K tickets they sell after covering all expenses) a reputable Israeli music critic and researcher, Yoav Kutner (most likely the only Israeli rock music researcher on world class – and also a key figure in the empowerment of the “Paul is Dead” myth as he made up several “key hits” that Paul M. was dead and incorporated all into a well prepared hour radio show special sometime during the late 70’s, which later, ironically, was used as a further proof to this conspiracy by people world wide…) was sent to Oslo to write a review about the concert. This man is hard to impress, and he describes his 1982 London Stones experience as “lame”. According to his words the Oslo gig was superb, bla-bla-bla… google translate does a good job here.

[www.israelhayom.co.il]

Home visiting is sent to Oslo to watch the concert of the Rolling Stones prior arrival to Israel next week , June 4 • After experiencing frustration in their concert in London in 1981 , he came to Norway with quite a few concerns • concerns but very soon became a great enthusiasm • His conclusion : " Wow "
Yoav Kutner
Posted on: 05/27/2014 22:20 Updated on : 05.27.2014 22:21

Listen to article
Forward

Mick Jagger action
Photo :
GettyImages
In 1981 we decided that this was it , that you can not give up the chance of a lifetime to experience a performance of the largest rock and roll band in the world (a name chosen for themselves the Rolling Stones in the late 60s ) . We assumed then a band of this size do not waste time on such a small market like Israel , and we thought that Mick Jagger and his friends are nearly 40 - it's just too old for rock music - and who knows if they will be able to continue much longer.
Want to receive news updates ? Join Facebook to Israel today
So we packed our bags , Yaakov Gilad and I , we bought the $ 50 was then allowed to buy ( a restriction on the purchase of foreign currency ) and specially flew to London to see the Stones on stage at Wembley Stadium . But as deep as the expectation ( and in those days to fly to London you would have to have a very big expectation ) - so that was disappointing . The performance was lukewarm , the band members were tired , lack of enthusiasm , as if there were only inertia . It seemed that the legend is dead and will not return .
33 years later it turns out that round , called " Still Life" , just was not the end of the legend , but only the beginning of another period in this band . As would happen a few more times later, the Stones succeeded again and again rise from the ashes and sound relevant and timely , especially on stage.

Keith Richards and Ron Wood on stage in Oslo. Photo: . According
Since the band released seven new albums and live performances of its power grew , grew and deepened . Recordings , video , movies clear to all who will listen that it was the third age rock and roll made them good .
Sharp and accurate

And despite the above, the trip to see the Stones concert in Oslo evoked concerns . What if the show will sucks as then, in 1981 ? I reported B"tlnor Arena " in Oslo , Norway, on Monday evening , full of excitement and apprehension. Well, fear quickly proven wrong . The performance was wonderful . No " right" , not " pass" , but an exciting musical experience that lasted two hours and ten minutes chilling .
And I'm not talking about the show and ticket prices ( dear in Europe ) , but the main thing for which I am personally in this profession : music. In this round the Rolling Stones came to play , make their music as many time did - R & B roots , strong and powerful . After this performance I'm much more love and appreciate them . Just like that .
The most attention getting performance , as usual, Mick Jagger . He is 71 , after a difficult family tragedy ( his partner committed suicide recently ) , yet gives himself to end the stage. And he is not alone . On stage with his three partners band guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood and drummer Charlie Watts , along with four other musicians , a singer and a wonderful singer and a guest appearance by another guitarist , Mick Taylor , who was in a band in the 70s .
Together they play like a band that loves to make music rather than producing hits in the chain . Still, there were huge hits during the show , but friends are not afraid to vary little less familiar passages . Those , and those , they were excellent . Sharp and precise , playing in the commitment of a young band that wants to conquer the world.
The performance was 130 minutes of ecstasy . Unearthly sound , photography and video as a direct and witty and all decor best band in the world. 19 songs performed , out of 50 tested rehearsals for this round ( which in themselves are about one-fifth of all the options accumulated in 50 years of the band ) , each one was perfect . Even those that it was not missed hearing it live .

Photo: GettyImages
There were special versions of familiar hits : fifteen minutes Mg'umg'mt to " Midnight Rambler " amazing ten minutes to " Satisfaction " heartbreaking bluesy version of "Worried about you" ( gets a new meaning with the death of his partner of G. agar ) . There was something so strong and so real I said to myself , "Wow, sometimes you also can get everything you want, and even a little more ."
So yes , it's an expensive show . And yes, they are old . But they are still the greatest rock band existing in the world ( Fortunately , the Beatles broke up in 1970 ) and they do not stop to fight successfully for their place at the summit .
Eventually, in two, three or ten years , when the Rolling Stones act finally according to their age and stop functioning kinda impressions ( Rumor has it really last tour them) , none come to one of 14 of their performances this round will not remember how much it rose , but he will know that he saw a performance of a lifetime.
Disclosure: The writer was a guest of the Rolling Stones show producers in the country

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home