Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: TEL AVIV Israel 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: z ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:30

Sent.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:37

z
Sent.

Muchas Grasias!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:39

Wroclaw
z
Sent.

Muchas Grasias!

you mean....toda robah smileys with beer

Date: March 29, 2014 09:42

My pleasure guys. It's only rock n' roll...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:53

z
My pleasure guys. It's only rock n' roll...

what tix you have GC or GA
I do not understand why GA is so far away from the proscenium (the end of the tongue). According to the picture the closest of GA is about a hundred meters from the stage

Date: March 29, 2014 10:24

I bought GC tix. There is no tongue pit, proudmary. It's the stadium stage.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 29, 2014 11:10

z
I bought GC tix. There is no tongue pit, proudmary. It's the stadium stage.

The set up is the same as it was in Hyde Park - the stage and quite long proscenium/ tongue or as it is called. In Hyde Park I was very close to the end of the tongue and Mick run there quite often and a couple of times Keith and Ronnie went there too. In HaYarkon Park GA standing starts really far from the end of the proscenium and you can't see the stage and the band at all.

I hope that in the end - as Wroclaw predicted - they will give GA tickets holders the opportunity to be closer to the stage

Date: March 29, 2014 11:27

Yes, I guess the distance between the GA area and the end of the catwalk will depend on the amount of GC tix sold.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 29, 2014 16:32

Wroclaw
z
I sent you one proudmary and have one left kept for Wroclaw. In fact I'd rather help iorrians comming from overseas. It's easier for us you know.

Hi z and good morning - are you E.G. at the facebook fan page? I can send you message through there?

Where is the Facebook fan page, just searched and couldn't find it?

Date: March 29, 2014 16:36

Once again, big thanks to Z for helping out with with the pre-sale codes and BV, for bringing us together on this great fan page!

Let's all touch base at some time before the show, and I'll but the first round of beers at the concert! (Assuming they will sell beer there.)

Date: March 29, 2014 16:40

jazzbass
Wroclaw
z
I sent you one proudmary and have one left kept for Wroclaw. In fact I'd rather help iorrians comming from overseas. It's easier for us you know.

Hi z and good morning - are you E.G. at the facebook fan page? I can send you message through there?

Where is the Facebook fan page, just searched and couldn't find it?

Well... its not a real fan page - its called:

Bring the Rolling Stones to Israel

I suspect its a page opened by the production several month ago, as part of the "buzz".

There is also a "real" facebook fan page, but its made of South Americans (how surprising)...

"Lashón" - Fans de Los Rolling Stones en Israel

I think that one of them is the one who threw the Argentinian flag to MJ at HP#1 during "Miss You"...

Posted by: omerthe1 ()
Date: March 29, 2014 16:45

I'll join Z... does anybody else needs a pre-sale code??? I have one to give

Posted by: Elysewoo ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:05

HI I AM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET A TICKET ON THE PRESALE. COMMING FROM NEW YORK . WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A TICKET THINK IT IS TO RISKY.I NEED A PRE SALE CODE AND WHAT SITE DO I GO ON? MY E MAIL IS ELYSEWOO@AOL.COM THANL YOU.

Posted by: Elysewoo ()
Date: March 29, 2014 17:59

I WOULD LIKE THE CODE TOO THANK YOU ELYSEWOO.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:33

paulywaul
Wroclaw
paulywaul
Wroclaw,

Have a favour to ask you. I can't write to you because your e-mail address is hidden on IORR, but mine is not. So could you drop me a line, so that we can be in e-mail contact, and then I'll ask you what the favour is - or if you can help me. Thanks, Paul

Sure mate. tell me if you got my e mail.

Just mailed you, thank you

Wroclaw, just a quick post from the KLM lounge in Schipol to say thank you once again, and to say that I emailed you a few hours ago very early this morning before leaving home. Cheers, Paul

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 30, 2014 14:00

This seems to be an easy ticket. No "queues" at [www.eventim.co.il]

Date: March 30, 2014 14:52

latvianinexile
This seems to be an easy ticket. No "queues" at [www.eventim.co.il]

As I wrote a few days before - this aint going to be a fast sellout, or sellout at all.

I wont be surprised if in a few weeks they will offer a new category of +/- 100 Euro "GA2" tickets - making all "GA" become "Front stage" and "Golden Circle" will remain in their special area, most likely at the foots of Keith's side of the stage. Had happened before... In one Metallica gig at a nearby stadium they had to "flip" the whole seat plan in 90 degrees, putting the stage at the middle of the wider part of the stadium due to insufficient ticket sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 14:54 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: stonesjohn ()
Date: March 30, 2014 15:44

I am a shidoobee from the states coming to Zurich and tel aviv shows- where are recommended hotels- think staying in old town in Zurich and by the beach is nice in tel aviv - what hotels are people staying at?

Stones john from ny

Date: March 30, 2014 19:27

stonesjohn
I am a shidoobee from the states coming to Zurich and tel aviv shows- where are recommended hotels- think staying in old town in Zurich and by the beach is nice in tel aviv - what hotels are people staying at?

Stones john from ny

I'll be at the Ritz just north of Tel Aviv. I hear the Hilton and Crown Plaza are nice options by the beach and well located in Tel Aviv as well.

Date: March 31, 2014 14:50

stonesjohn

Stones john from ny

Recommended Tel Aviv hotels on the beach per levels:

Prima Tel Aviv – good 3 star hotel on the beach stripe (need to cross the street to touch the sand). Centrally located beach wise.

Mendelei street hotel – about the same location as the above, only further 100 yards in land. Newly opened thus overpriced.

The David Intercontinental – its not on the central beach, but further to the south . I’ve mentioned it as it’s a good value for the money – business oriented hotel in work days and as 3-5 June is a Holiday in the middle of the week, their price get down but a descent amount. It’s a 5 star hotel.

Crown Plaza Tel Aviv BEACH – of the few hotels that are really ON THE BEACH. It’s a good 4 star hotel and centrally located.

Isrotel Tower – if you fancy a real suite with cooking facilities etc. It is a minute from the beach, only separated from it by the US embassy building.

Hilton/Sheraton/Royal Beach/Dan hotels – all are 5 star, sometimes calling themselves 5 star deluxe. Expensive by all standards. The Stones would most likely stay either at the Hilton or at “Dan” hotel, which is very old fashioned but also 5 star. Royal Beach is brand new with a weird interior ultra modern design. The other are not newly built. The Hilton is very busy and very “international” with a strong orientation for North American guests.

If you go through booking.com etc. you will see quite a few “boutique” hotels speared through the city. Some have excellent reviews, but it depends on your personal taste. Some are “theme hotels” – which is sort of an adventure to some I guess. “Cinema” hotel is in the heart of the city, but it is built in an old cinema and preserves the ghost of the now vanished movie house. There is a place called “Alma Lounge” that is located in another part of the city (lively and a bit bohemian but off the shore). It preserves the ghost of an old town house and also a great place for those who must have their bacon in the morning, as it is maybe the only hotel that serves pork in its breakfast room. Others here mentioned the option of international web sites for BnB – which indeed sounds like a great option. The whole scene of small boutique hotels, B&B places and BnB is growing very fast and the traditional type of hotels are now just part of what is offered.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:02

You forgot the NEW Ritz-Carlton in Tel Aviv! That's where the Stones will stay!

Date: April 1, 2014 16:48

DREAMTIME
You forgot the NEW Ritz-Carlton in Tel Aviv! That's where the Stones will stay!

Well Ritz Carlton is not Tel Aviv but rather Herzliya (that is a suburb by international standards, but still a different city). A band of the size and status as the Stones would most likely block floors in 2 hotels and use one (the other used for the superior staff I guess). Think I will know eventually where it would be well before the gig smiling smiley Just hope the security will handle the press well... Elton John once got so pissed by them (It was at the Hilton I think) that he boarded his jet back and flew to London, only returning a day or so later, postponing the whole gig by a day or two...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 4, 2014 16:23

Wroclaw
paulywaul
Wroclaw,

Have a favour to ask you. I can't write to you because your e-mail address is hidden on IORR, but mine is not. So could you drop me a line, so that we can be in e-mail contact, and then I'll ask you what the favour is - or if you can help me. Thanks, Paul

Thanks so much for the help, there's gonna a big big big big big family outing from just outside Jerusalem on Wednesday 4th June, can't WAIT !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 15:28

I feel sorry for the promoters of this concert. All sections still available.

Date: April 7, 2014 15:31

island01
I feel sorry for the promoters of this concert. All sections still available.

I do not think they expected otherwise....

Posted by: jerusalemgypsy ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:03

I have quite a few friends from overseas who tried but could not buy tickets with PayPal or their credit cards. When I called they said they only took Israeli credit cards. If they want to sell out why make it so difficult for people from overseas to buy tix?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:43

jerusalemgypsy
I have quite a few friends from overseas who tried but could not buy tickets with PayPal or their credit cards. When I called they said they only took Israeli credit cards. If they want to sell out why make it so difficult for people from overseas to buy tix?

I wouldn't be surprised if easier international access becomes available closer to showtime.

Date: April 7, 2014 19:33

BluzDude
jerusalemgypsy

I wouldn't be surprised if easier international access becomes available closer to showtime.

I do not think they (Eventim.co.il - which is directly linked to the promoter of this show) "switched discs" into a mode of selling tickets to an international crowd as they are not familiar with the "Stonesophera" and do not know there is a steady amount of RS fans who fly overseas to see the band regardless of cost/time issues. For artists such as Madonna, Depeche Mode or current pop stars (Rihana etc.) you might not expect overseas visitors, maybe with the exception of Russian fans who tend to come and see their favorite artists incase they do not do Russia in a given tour. I'm still bitter after not seeing The Who Quadrophenia in Amsterdam Ziggodome last summer as the NL ticketmaster were not taking non EU credit cards for that show.

Date: April 8, 2014 13:06

paulywaul
Wroclaw
paulywaul
Wroclaw,

Thanks so much for the help, there's gonna a big big big big big family outing from just outside Jerusalem on Wednesday 4th June, can't WAIT !!!

grinning smiley

Just make sure that none of them is "Dati" ("practicing Jewish Orthodox" might be the official term) as June 4th is a religious holiday and they (religious people) do not travel (by car) before about 19:30 I would say... people tend to forget this specific holiday and do not always connect the date to the day... Obviously people who come to shout "and I was round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain Made damn sure that Pilate Washed his hands and sealed his fate" are most likely not the most Pius, but one can never tell.. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 13:07 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: April 13, 2014 13:13

Good morning all,

Thought that to see the Stones in Oslo and Berlin was enough for me but the more I think about it, Tel Aviv must be awesome and wondering if anyone has 2 GC to spare?

thanks in advance

Hendrik Mulder
hendrik67@hotmail.com

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home