Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
TEL AVIV Israel 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2014 21:35

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the TEL AVIV Israel show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Wed June 4
Park Yarkon
Tel Aviv, Israel

Bjornulf

Re: TEL AVIV Israel 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 23, 2014 23:34

I hope this show happens! It makes me nervous purchasing tickets, long distance travel (for me, from Philly) and hotel considering the fragile state the band appears to be in.

Can anyone REALLY be sure the European tour will actually happen?

Some sort of confirmation from an official band source would go a long way in reassuring it's fans that this tour will not be postponed.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 23, 2014 23:37

Hope this gig will happen (last news were about some municipal level legal issues related the location) but anyone planning to attend it, coming from another country, might want to consider:

1. June the 4th is a Jewish (Religious) holiday. Doesn't mean much for concert attendants but there is NO public transport of most means (Trains and Buses) till after the time you would want to be in the park. With local taxis being relatively cheap, and the park being withing the range of a nice (long, but doable) walk from the hotel/beach area this does'n mean much but forget about staying with an old friend 150 KM's out of the city , planning to take a bus there in the morning. It is, however, possible to easily get to Tel Aviv even during holidays from Central Jerusalem/Haifa and a bunch of other cities using "minicabs" - for those planing to do some sightseeing on their own.

2. Distance questions are not much of an issue as with many European cities - No hotel is immediately near the park: some 3 hotels are located quite near, and are actually business hotels: Indigo and 2 "Leonardo" brand hotels (2 at the Diamond exchange area, 1 at a High Tech business area some 600 meters east of the park). Stay there only if you dont intend to go anywhere but the concert. Almost all other hotels and the many "boutique hotels" are in the beach area, or some 200-300 meters inland. "Prima Tel Aviv" seems like a good bargain at this point - and it faces the Dan Tel Aviv hotel where the Rolling Stones might stay (most stars do).

3. No real "airport hotel" option as the International Airport is closer to the City than many European "airport hotels" are to their airport...

4. In early June is might definitely be hot or very hot. Anyone who despite drinking alot still needed a medical care at HP1&2... well you might not take the risk again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-23 23:41 by Wroclaw.

Date: March 25, 2014 09:43

Show is officially a "GO".

Pre Sale for clients of local cell phone operator “Pelephone” March 27th 9AM. General sale:

Sunday March 30 9AM.

Would be here:

[www.eventim.co.il]

(so far only in Hebrew:

[www.eventim.co.il])

Prices: (according to today exchange rates)

GA - 145 Euro
Golden Ring - 373 Euro
VIP tickets - 573 Euro

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 11:35 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 25, 2014 10:40

any layout?

Date: March 25, 2014 10:53

MAF
any layout?

Not yet, but wouldn’t trust the first draft – in past concerts (Like Macca a few years ago, or Depeche Mode) the HP1/2 scenario took place: at first they sold “golden ring” that was supposed to be a “belt” stretching across the entire front of the stage, then they changed to a layout as was in HP gigs (one side of the stare=Golden ring, 2nd side + all the back=GA) and in the case of Macca it was ALL turned into GA with the “Golden ring” becoming some obscure seat area some 50 meters away from the “Keith side”, in an angle (actually at HY they had some seated area there too when thinking about it…) – where the celebs, or people who cant stand, are.

My bet – they will have to modify whatever plan they have and allow GA tickets to have stage access. The typical local costumers would just turn their back in masses to a scenario where 150 Euro value tickets only allow you so see the show from 50-60 meters away, and with no stable slow of ticket buys from other countries – this means Golden ring tickets would have VERY limited sale potential at the offered prices. I already heard several people, 2 month ago, saying that they would put all they have at Neil Young (month later) and could not afford a Stones gig – and back then it was 100 Euro per ticket rumor!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 25, 2014 11:55

there is a presale right now if you have a telephone number from "Pelephone".

anybody have a number I can use?

Date: March 25, 2014 11:57

DREAMTIME
there is a presale right now if you have a telephone number from "Pelephone".

anybody have a number I can use?

Pre Sale is on March 27th - at this point you can only ask for the code. Pre Sale limited to 5000 tickets, BTW. This operator is no longer popular and pretty hard to find their clients when you actually need them.

Date: March 25, 2014 14:55

Tel Aviv show confirmed today. Details of ticket sales etc here:

[www.timesofisrael.com]

Rolling Stones confirm June 4 Israel show
Legendary British band will perform in Park Hayarkon; tickets start at NIS 595

The June 4 concert, which falls at the end of the holiday of Shavuot, will begin at 8:30 pm, with the holiday ending at 8:24 pm. The concert in Tel Aviv will take place between concerts in Zurich and Holland, and is one of only 14 performed in Europe this summer.

Ticket sales begin Sunday, March 30 at 9 a.m. The concert is sponsored by Pelephone, and customers can order as of Thursday, March 27, at 9 a.m. through the Pelephone website, where there are only a limited number of these pre-order tickets.

Prices on the low end are NIS 595 for Pelephone customers and NIS 695 regular admission for a space on the lawn. Golden Ring tickets are NIS 1,690 (Pelephone) and NIS 1,790, and for the VIP area, the only area to including seating, tickets are NIS 2,750 (Pelephone) and NIS 2,850 regular.

Weiss said he expected tickets to sell out quickly, as they had in most cities. He expects to sell between 50,000 and 55,000 tickets, and commented that the Israeli public appreciates concerts of this kind.

Bjornulf

Date: March 25, 2014 16:15

I just booked 3 nights at the Ritz Carlton. Looking forward to this long journey for me.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:22

Date: March 25, 2014 16:23

jazzbass
I just booked 3 nights at the Ritz Carlton. Looking forward to this long journey for me.

Guess you know, but this hotel is at Herzliya - a different city (This brand new hotel is in a mixed leisure/business area and upper class residential area), though quite close to the park itself when driving. Cheers.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:23

jazzbass

I hope you have a fantastic time, jazzbass! I'd love to have done Tel Aviv - and it sounds really interesting to visit. I'm no good in hot weather so have to give it a miss - but I'm sure it will be a great show.

Btw, thanks to Wroclaw for the advice about the weather in Tel Aviv in June.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:29

Wroclaw, Thanks a lot for Your advice about Tel Aviv.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 25, 2014 16:56

i would love to go to Tel Aviv . this sounds like a lot of fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 25, 2014 17:02

The venue setup looks like SarsStock in Toronto. VIP tent to the side Keith side. Capacity 100,00 and they aim at 55,000 tickets sold.

Bjornulf

Date: March 25, 2014 17:03

Wroclaw
jazzbass

Guess you know, but this hotel is at Herzliya - a different city (This brand new hotel is in a mixed leisure/business area and upper class residential area), though quite close to the park itself when driving. Cheers.

I did not know, but looked on map and did appear close to venue. I was sure to book "Free Cancellation" on expedia as well as a refundable plane ticket given the fragile state of the band. I may rethink the hotel location. Do you have a recommendation of a 5 star hotel in close proximate to beach and other night life? Also, would you recommend booking car service for transport to and from concert? I have an injury that will make walking longer than 1 mile difficult. Also, I am traveling solo. Any concerns moving about the city alone? Thanks for the insider info!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 17:04 by jazzbass.

Date: March 25, 2014 17:13

bv
The venue setup looks like SarsStock in Toronto. VIP tent to the side Keith side. Capacity 100,00 and they aim at 55,000 tickets sold.

If to take the famous Macca gig at the same place in 2008 we may assume things would change according to ticket sales. Back them the "GOlden ring" was cancelled eventually and 2 different "seating" areas were added:

2 at each side of the stage, 120 meters from the corner in an angle of about 45 degrees.

1 big seating at an angle of 27 degrees from the Keith side of the stage, and some 70 meters from the stage.

All the rest was GA. The gig was 99% "Sold out" at the number was 50K - do not know if this is a limit dictated due to legal issues, or just the number producers aimed towards.

Red Hot Chilly Peppers were considered "sold out" at 50K exactly (I know as I sold my tickets just before I entered and the next day went to a killer grill restaurant...). Producer uses the "70K number" but then it is widely known that for this producer (Shuki Weiss) the RS gig had been a personal challenge for years, as he personally admitted saying he will retire after that, so I wouldnt trust his statements meant to create a "BUZZ" in a market overflowing with Neil Young, Justin Timberlake, Chick Corea, Pixies and more - all in the same short period and all being expensive events.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 25, 2014 17:23

For anyone thinking of renting a car, not sure about the venue, but in Tel Aviv itself, finding a parking spot is worse than Manhattan.

On the other hand, if there is parking at the venue (which I don't know), then staying outside the city might be an option should anyone decide to rent a car.

Date: March 25, 2014 17:28

jazzbass
Wroclaw
jazzbass

I did not know, but looked on map and did appear close to venue. I was sure to book "Free Cancellation" on expedia as well as a refundable plane ticket given the fragile state of the band. I may rethink the hotel location. Do you have a recommendation of a 5 star hotel in close proximate to beach and other night life? Also, would you recommend booking car service for transport to and from concert? I have an injury that will make walking longer than 1 mile difficult. Also, I am traveling solo. Any concerns moving about the city alone? Thanks for the insider info!

No point in booking any type of transport – use a taxi. For the way “to” the park just book it through the hotel. “After” you should walk to the closer boulevard (Called Rokach Blv.) and… catch a taxi. Obviously there are many people doing the same, as in any event of this type. A pre booked van transfer would charge, I think, some 120$ since he will need to be there an hour before the end and wait for you – it would still require some ½ a mile walk from in the park to the Blv.

Hotels in Tel Aviv:

Hilton TLV – the most popular: rather huge, busy and stands on kind of a cliff about the beach. Looks like a big 1970s conference hotel, but actually on the beach and very close to a leisure area called “The harbor” (mostly restaurants). The Stones might stay there. Closer to the park compared to the other hotels.

Dan Tel Aviv – 5 star but more of an old fashioned European style – the veteran 5 star hotel on this city where many famous people stay – and quite often stars stay there too: no since its so damm good but because they are good in PR and also offer easy get in/out in discrete due to the nature of the structure. The beach is across the street. Is close to anywhere, I guess. The pubs and restaurants around it are kind of a cosmopolite territory.

David Intercontinental: a rather new, conference hotel in the south beach, but not the best stripe of sea. Very close to Old Jaffa which is actually a part of the city. Far from the park.

There is a hotel named Carlton that is close to the mentioned Hilton, that is very warm, despite its concrete outside appearance and has excellent service and very good restaurants, rooftop pool and breakfast.

A business oriented hotel, called “Crowne Plaza City Center” is a 5 star modern hotel raising above highway #1 some 5 minutes by taxi from the park (no traffic), 15 minutes from the airport (normal traffic) and has a big shopping center underneath. “Gig wise” its great (also regarding arrival/departure from the Airport) but its on the other side of the city beach wise.

Hope it helps…

Date: March 25, 2014 17:31

BluzDude
For anyone thinking of renting a car, not sure about the venue, but in Tel Aviv itself, finding a parking spot is worse than Manhattan.

On the other hand, if there is parking at the venue (which I don't know), then staying outside the city might be an option should anyone decide to rent a car.

Limited parking areas in the "Tel Aviv" side of the park/river (there is a small river being the spine of the long and narrow park). On the other hand on the "Ramat Gan" side of the river/park, near the Stadium and shopping mall there, there are large parking areas, obviously getting filled as close as the gig gets. You walk then near the Stadium and cross the river on a pedestrian bridge and just follow the sea of people doing the same.

So basically YES - you do not use a rented car for this...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2014 17:52

Wow that setup looks pretty nice, a natural amphitheater? The way GC appears makes sense, the catwalk/bstage helps of course.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 25, 2014 17:54

gotdablouse
Wow that setup looks pretty nice, a natural amphitheater? The way GC appears makes sense, the catwalk/bstage helps of course.

No... its actually rather flat:

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 17:55 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 25, 2014 19:58

Wroclaw
Red Hot Chilly Peppers were considered "sold out" at 50K exactly (I know as I sold my tickets just before I entered and the next day went to a killer grill restaurant...).

Was that Mike's Place at the Boulevard by any chance? It's a non-kosher expat restaurant and bar next to the US ambassy. We absolutely loved Mike's when we visited the Holy Land back in 2010.

If only it were a little closer to the venue, it would be THE place for partying pre or after for you guys.

Date: March 25, 2014 20:09

Limbostone
Wroclaw
Red Hot Chilly Peppers were considered "sold out" at 50K exactly (I know as I sold my tickets just before I entered and the next day went to a killer grill restaurant...).

Was that Mike's Place at the Boulevard by any chance? It's a non-kosher expat restaurant and bar next to the US ambassy. We absolutely loved Mike's when we visited the Holy Land back in 2010.

If only it were a little closer to the venue, it would be THE place for partying pre or after for you guys.

Nahh... I went with the kids... proper Grill place in one of the suburb cities (the day after actually... dont know why - I felt really good making that "profit", even though the guy who bought them made the offer)... most of the bill was on wine. Mikes place was for years THE best place in town for the non local Milleu. It still exists but for quite sometime now the beach area in general is much more "cosmopolitan" and in the right season (which June is) many places are like that.

BTW: in Tel Aviv finding a place which is Kosher is the problem, not vis versa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-25 20:10 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 25, 2014 20:19

Shuki Weiss said that ticket holders will get special deals in several hotels in Tel Aviv. No details yet.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 26, 2014 09:36

If you are looking for cheap lodging in Tel Aviv, try apartment hotels. There are several ones for example on booking.com

I am looking forward for the show in Tel Aviv, used to live in Rehovot a few years during my studies and it is great to come back to this area.

How are ticketsales in general in Israel? Will it be a fast one?

sjouke

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 26, 2014 16:10

LOVE IS THE WAY
THEY SAY ISRAELI
STRUTTING OUT

Date: March 26, 2014 16:13

Sjouke
If you are looking for cheap lodging in Tel Aviv, try apartment hotels. There are several ones for example on booking.com

I am looking forward for the show in Tel Aviv, used to live in Rehovot a few years during my studies and it is great to come back to this area.

How are ticketsales in general in Israel? Will it be a fast one?

sjouke

NO ONE knows... its a mystery, I may say. One music reporter predicted a month ago "25K" ticket buyers at full rate (they were talking about 100 Euro back then). As I mentioned: Depeche Mode/Macca/Red Hot Chilly Peppers were each at about 50K people and none were sold in hours but rather in weeks. The one time I recall a small hysteria around ticket sales it was with Leonard Cohen, a couple of years ago - even then: not matter of hours. There is no "Secondary market" for tickets in Israel (mostly due to the fact its a closed market) so most tickets sold - are sold to people who intend to come to the show. Who knows then... for this type of gigs you get quite a few people coming from Russia/Belarus/Ukraine - especially if these countries are not included in a tour. Bucharest, Warsaw, Katowice, Lviv and some other big cities are connected through "Wizzair" flying bus... with good marketing you may add 1-2K people coming from overseas. May add another 1-2 K seasonal of Jewish North American tourists - for whom June is peak season and are in the country anyway. Business wize - its an interesting case.

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 26, 2014 17:13

There should not be any problem to get GA tickets. If you want GC tickets, you may have to be quick.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home