Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: ZURICH Switzerland 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:06

I have 2 extra Golden Circle tickets on Keith's side if anyone wants them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 04:07 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: March 28, 2014 06:32

Gangster-of-love
Indeed, GC is far away from cheap and as far as I remember, I paid in 2007 240 Euros for the Frankfurt gig plus the 100 Us$ for the official pre-sale on rs.com.

Frankfurt 2007 was perhaps the most frustrating and disappointing Stones concert I ever attended. They were literally giving away tickets for free at show time, the sound was pathetic, the crowd was lame, and Keith was at his absolute low-point. I wrote a long review of that show and thought that was the end for the Stones.

A month or so later in Budapest they blazed through a magnificent set in a cauldron of heat and left the crowd panting...one of the greatest Stones shows I have ever seen...they (and Keith) had bounced back...!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 28, 2014 08:22

Turd On The Run
Gangster-of-love
Indeed, GC is far away from cheap and as far as I remember, I paid in 2007 240 Euros for the Frankfurt gig plus the 100 Us$ for the official pre-sale on rs.com.

Frankfurt 2007 was perhaps the most frustrating and disappointing Stones concert I ever attended. They were literally giving away tickets for free at show time, the sound was pathetic, the crowd was lame, and Keith was at his absolute low-point. I wrote a long review of that show and thought that was the end for the Stones.

A month or so later in Budapest they blazed through a magnificent set in a cauldron of heat and left the crowd panting...one of the greatest Stones shows I have ever seen...they (and Keith) had bounced back...!

I can sign for that and thought that was it. Mick did everything on that show to reveal the wheel. But the best outdoor show was Lausanne and as I am an arena freak I loved the O2 shows bringing back the stage they need to play. Anyway it's the Zuerich thread, but it had to be mentionedwinking smiley

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:02

Let's hope the best for Zurich. The stadium capacity for a concert there is similar to the Lusanne Olympic Stadium.
But in anyway, the infield shouldn't be packed like in Lusanne, because the was no square inch to move.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:08

Gangster-of-love
Let's hope the best for Zurich. The stadium capacity for a concert there is similar to the Lusanne Olympic Stadium.
But in anyway, the infield shouldn't be packed like in Lusanne, because the was no square inch to move.

Lausanne was different in many ways. Since Migros "bought" the Stones, people won tickets (and many sold them to fans), had no choice between standing GA or seating tickets. After the doors opened there was an entrance control to the infield, but after a while there was no control at all. On some tiers there very plenty of empty seats. At least there were too many fans in the infield.

In Zurich there is a control of tickets at the top of the infield stairs.

Posted by: stonesjohn ()
Date: March 30, 2014 15:40

I am a shidoobee from the states coming to Zurich and tel aviv shows- where are recommended hotels- think staying in old town in Zurich and by the beach is nice in tel aviv - what hotels are people staying at?

Stones john from ny

Date: March 30, 2014 23:23

To stay in the old town is the touristic way. Some prefer Zurich-West where the clubs are but at daytime it's not so interesting there. BUt there are the Ibis Zürich West(not Messe!!) and Novotel, specially for people who don't stay longer than one night in Zurich, it's not so far away from the Stadium. And there is a train Connection from the Airport to Bahnhof Hardbrücke Station.

I am born here in Zurich und live here, I prefer the red light district (Langstrasse) to go out (am mix of red light people and "ordinary workers" and "hipsters" and "junkies"and people like me), but I would not recommend many hotels there because you never know if it's really only for "sleeping", but if I would like to be there, I recommend the Rothaus Hotel. Bus Nr. 31 from main station to Militär/Langstrasse.. and the same bus brings you near to the stadium (on the backside of it¨and a short walk from it).

If you like to stay near to the stadium, there is the Ramada City and the more expensive Crowne Plaza. It's not five minutes to walk from both of them. But to see the city you need to take the tram (nr. 2 about 10-15 minutes). Also Mercure Stoller and Olympia are in walking distance. But it's not so interesting there even there are some restaurants and bars, but it's not the "city" but it's in the middle of flats (people watch the concerts from their balconies, Robbie Williams said hello to them "the ones who did not buy tickets, he said.. harrr), not outside of the town.

So maybe the old town is the better choice to see also the lake and it's in walking distance to the main Station (plenty of trains from the airport (11 minutes), you can take all kind of trains, no surcharge or reservation for intercities needed (all the same fare) and there is a tram Nr. 10 which brings yöu to "Central" tram Station, takes much longer (35 Min trough the town, Sightseeing?) than the trains but you are right at the entrance of the old town. If you book a hotel there in the old town, one is on the " Zähringerstrasse" Sorell Rüti Hotel (but it has very good ratings), it's right in a area where the ladies "walk". Can be interesting.... The other hotels in the old town I don't know so good but, but if you arrive on saturday I can get loud there. But you know it's Rock n' Roll. I guess most of them are okay, it depends what you like to spend.

A bit more expensive is the Central Plaza Hotel, it's near the entrance of the old town, maybe a bit less loud there. But I don't know. All the hotels that you see on Google maps which are a bit in north of that hotel you have to walk uphill..

I would not stay at "Messe" area it's far away from everthing.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 16:28 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 31, 2014 05:45

Thanks, Marianne. I've already bought the plane tickets and I'm coming on Zurich two days before the concert, and I think Zurich must be a nice place to see them. thumbs up

Date: March 31, 2014 08:12

Fans who travel by car... be aware that your Hotel has a parking area. Zurich is not a town where cars are "loved". Most people use Trams, busses.. like me. I can not drive at all, don't have a license.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 31, 2014 10:02

Marianne, do you know if the ticket also includes public transport on the day of the show?

sjouke

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 31, 2014 10:22

Sjouke
Marianne, do you know if the ticket also includes public transport on the day of the show?

sjouke
Not this time. It least nothing is mentioned on the ticket.
Sorry I am not Marianne, .... :-)

Date: March 31, 2014 11:26

Marianne, is there any recommendation for possible a pre-show meeting of IORRians?

Would be pretty nice winking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: March 31, 2014 13:32

Gangster-of-love
Marianne, is there any recommendation for possible a pre-show meeting of IORRians?

Since I am admin of Stonestreff Board some of our members would love to meet. I guess we can do that together with iorreans (some are members here and there)

I will keep you informed here

Date: March 31, 2014 13:39

mariannerl
Gangster-of-love

Since I am admin of Stonestreff Board some of our members would love to meet. I guess we can do that together with iorreans (some are members here and there)

Count me in! winking smiley

Date: March 31, 2014 14:02

mariannerl
Gangster-of-love

Sounds lovely to my ears winking smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: March 31, 2014 21:18

Cristiano Radtke
mariannerl
Gangster-of-love

Count me in! winking smiley

Count me in too...just please let everybody know when and where the IORR people are meeting. Will anyone meet the night before the concert (Saturday)?

I booked myself into the Crown Plaza - a few meters from the Stadium. I usually stay in the "Old Town" but this time I want to just walk 2 minutes and be in front of the stage and then get out and be "home". No hassle...only rock and roll.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 1, 2014 01:24

mariannerl
Fans who travel by car... be aware that your Hotel has a parking area. Zurich is not a town where cars are "loved". Most people use Trams, busses.. like me. I can not drive at all, don't have a license.

Thanx, good to know! Where are good parking places, when you've no hotel??

Date: April 1, 2014 10:58

Well, in anyway I'll arrive on Sunday morning. We'll see when and where we'll meet winking smiley

Has anybody received his tickets yet?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: April 1, 2014 11:46

Yes, tickets arrived last Saturday already for Zürich.

sjouke

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:28

In 2003 and 2006, the ticket allowed to travel by train allover switzerland the day of the concert and the day after. Will it be the same this year?

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: April 1, 2014 23:04

Just booked the Crown Plaza. Got GC tickets on Ronnie's side. June 1st is my birthday!

Best regards from Munich!

Date: April 2, 2014 00:08

My ticket was already sent but I haven't received it yet. I think it may arrive here next week. smiling smiley

Date: April 2, 2014 07:43

rollingloc
In 2003 and 2006, the ticket allowed to travel by train allover switzerland the day of the concert and the day after. Will it be the same this year?

No not this time. I don't even allows you do travel by tram &bus within Zurich.

@Ladykiller. Since I don't have a driving license I am not sure . Maybe someone else know where there are good parking places.

Years ago Bon Jovi played at Hardturm Stadium...many fans were on the highway not far away and could not move a meter......so they left their cars on the highway and went by feed to the venue....that was surely Rock
n' Roll but also a expensive parking lot.

Date: April 2, 2014 15:19

Is there any information if there is an opening act ?
Couldn't find any information on the web.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: April 2, 2014 15:34

anyone arriving by car: do NOT try to park near the venue!
leave your car outside the city near a train or bus station and take public transportation to the venue.
the show will be over by 10:30 and you'll have enough time to get back to your car.
rush-hour traffic is bad in zurich without a stadium show, and a nightmare if there is one.

Date: April 2, 2014 17:13

Actually, the show is on a Sunday evening, so there won't be that much traffic around. Especially the surroundings of the Letzigrund has on a weekend quite good parking possibilities and for free on Sundays. But nothing beats the public transport in Zürich of course...

sjouke

Date: April 3, 2014 08:05

Maybe that helps. Park & Ride Altstetten. From there with tram no 2 from Zürich Grimselstrasse or Zürich Kappeli to Letzigrund (2-3 stations, it is even possible to walk but it takes a while). You have to follow the "Badenerstrasse".

or elsewhere.

You can see the Letzigrund parking also on this map. But I am not sure if Letzi Parking is only for VIP Ticket Holders.

[ch.parkopedia.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 08:09 by mariannerl.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 3, 2014 09:48

Hello
I am a French fan from Lyon, new here in writing mode but I follow the thread since so many time.
Well, I will go to Zurich by car, Lyon Zurich the Zurich Lyon, departure sunday morning return after the show (with perhaps some minutes/hours sleeping in the car ...).
If somebody needs carpool, tell me.
I love what U do.
Lenurb

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: April 3, 2014 09:50

I need a Lucky Dip for Zürich but I only need only one of the two tickets. Anyone interested in the other??

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:03

ThinAir
anyone arriving by car: do NOT try to park near the venue!
leave your car outside the city near a train or bus station and take public transportation to the venue.
the show will be over by 10:30 and you'll have enough time to get back to your car.
rush-hour traffic is bad in zurich without a stadium show, and a nightmare if there is one.

Thanks for your information! I will be coming from the north (Germany). Are there some tram stations you could recommend to park at? Park & Ride Altstetten sounds very nice but there won't be enough space I'm afraid so the best solution might be further away from the stadium?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1978
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home