Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 14, 2014 12:01

Strikes is a nightmare in Norway late spring and early summmer i.e. May/June. It used to be SAS every year, but now there are others that might bring some trouble.

Hotels:
The hotels made a deal with the union and avoided the strike a few days ago, but some of the hotel chains like Scandic have workers who say they are not happy with the result still. There will be a vote on May 22 and they need approval from the members, I would assume they would take the deal but we will know May 23...

Norwegian - The airliner:
They are currently at strike phase one. Symbolic with one worker on strike. It may look harmless but Norwegian is getting a lot of press now because they are reorganizing all workers in the cabin into outsourced companies. Parat is the strong union part here and they will ramp up the strike between May 18 and May 26. Mostly inland flights but also some abroad. I would advice those who fly in with Norwegian to pay close attention to the latest info, and do not expect the Norwegian airliner to tell you early; I will try to give info here. Personally I fear it will be nasty...

Bjornulf

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 14, 2014 13:16

My Norwegian flight from Gatwick is May 23rd and coming back May 27th so hoping all will be well for my first visit to Oslo. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 14, 2014 13:29

BV, is also airport staff on strike or only Norwegian airline employees? I also hope independent hostels staff are not on strike smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 14, 2014 13:33

Adams
BV, is also airport staff on strike or only Norwegian airline employees? I also hope independent hostels staff are not on strike smiling smiley

Norwegian is one single airline company, other airlines and airport staff are not on strike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 13:55 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 14, 2014 14:02

I fly with Norwegian the going the same day of the concert, and I am checking and there are other options in other companies (Ryanair) and they are not too bad of price.

Norwegians, which is your opinion? Should I buy a new ticket and to insure myself?
Is it a high % of which the strike exists? My record of failures to go to Stone concerts is wide (between cancellations and strikes of airports) and I don´t wanna to increase it.

Be quiet, I am not going to make anybody responsible, simply, as you see the situation, what`d do you do?

Thanks in advance

Date: May 14, 2014 14:36

If you have a Norwegian (the airliner) ticket arriving late like on show day then sit still and cross your fingers. It is a massive gap between the management and the crew, but you never know if they solve it before it is escalating. I do NOT use any Norwegian flights this summer, they are not "safe" in my schedule. But if you have them booked already then just stay on alert. We will know more next week. This is NOT related to the airport, only the airliner Norwegian. The pilots got their deal some time ago but they try to use low paid crew from low income countries and that is not very popular to say the least.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 15, 2014 07:54

bv
If you have a Norwegian (the airliner) ticket arriving late like on show day then sit still and cross your fingers. It is a massive gap between the management and the crew, but you never know if they solve it before it is escalating. I do NOT use any Norwegian flights this summer, they are not "safe" in my schedule. But if you have them booked already then just stay on alert. We will know more next week. This is NOT related to the airport, only the airliner Norwegian. The pilots got their deal some time ago but they try to use low paid crew from low income countries and that is not very popular to say the least.

Get the message!! I´ll act on this way!!! THANKS!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 15, 2014 21:10

I'll be arriving just 1-2 hours before the concert, so I won't get to meet the scandinavian VIP gang of IORR before ths show. But; is there any gathering after the concert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-15 21:11 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 15, 2014 21:14

I reckon many will go downtown after the show. What about meeting up at the Hard Rock Cafe, or some other relatively big place?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 15, 2014 22:22

Would love to go for some drinks afterwards too, who's joining me to rob a bank before?

Date: May 15, 2014 23:04

There are places where you'll get a beer for 40 kroner (appr. 5 €), but those are pretty rough joints. Expect to pay the double.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-19 00:54 by DandelionPowderman.

OSLO Golden Circle available right now!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 14, 2014 17:13

Re: OSLO Golden Circle available right now!
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 15, 2014 19:53

still

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 16, 2014 00:46

Just checked it out and there are still Golden Circle tix available. For myself I'm hoping for a ticket drop for Stockholm as well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 16, 2014 01:35

Ouch, what a teaser... just out of curiosity I checked it.. and yeah, there were. Just having pushed one button more, and my credit card had been some 300+ Euros poorer... (and most likely a divorced man soon as well, since I am engaged in some others things at the time...)

- Doxa

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 19, 2014 00:01

I hope the Anker Hostel in the centre isn't affected...Hope the strke gets sorted for all affected. Tickets STILL plentiful btw...

Date: May 19, 2014 00:56

grzegorz67
I hope the Anker Hostel in the centre isn't affected...Hope the strke gets sorted for all affected. Tickets STILL plentiful btw...

That's very close to the pub I mentioned (It's called "Rett Inn"), the one with the affordable beer prices grinning smiley

That place won't be affected.

Date: May 19, 2014 09:27

Hi DP Ekheeem, can you disclose the beer price there? You know I'm from mainland Europe winking smiley

Date: May 19, 2014 09:34

5€ at the cheapest. 9€ is pretty normal.

Date: May 19, 2014 11:03

The Norwegian Airlines strike is off. They just got an agreement now. Great news for anyone with these airline tickets.

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2014 11:19

DandelionPowderman
5€ at the cheapest. 9€ is pretty normal.

ok, that's not bad. Thanks for the hint!

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 19, 2014 11:41

Thank you for that news - I was just starting to look at other flights!

One week today - here we go again

Date: May 19, 2014 12:46

Thanks for the news BV.

Will be arriving Friday morning from Gatwick, and really looking forward to it. smileys with beer

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: May 19, 2014 20:17

I'm flying Norwegian from Oslo to Portugal day after the concert, great to hear there's nothing to worry about, thanks for the news

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: May 19, 2014 20:41

Anyone know if ATM's at Oslo main airport are free of charge, as some airports have extra charge for taking your own money out of your own account.

My debit card I use everywhere has no charges for foreign currency .

Date: May 19, 2014 20:52

crawdaddy
Anyone know if ATM's at Oslo main airport are free of charge, as some airports have extra charge for taking your own money out of your own account.

My debit card I use everywhere has no charges for foreign currency .

Only what your bank is charging you. No extra charges.

Date: May 19, 2014 20:54

Will there be shuttle buses from the city center to the Arena? I subscribed Telenor Arena on Facebook and I remember there were such for Justin Timberlake concert.

Date: May 19, 2014 20:55

Thanks DP.

Hope to see you in Oslo. smileys with beer

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 19, 2014 21:51

Adams
Will there be shuttle buses from the city center to the Arena? I subscribed Telenor Arena on Facebook and I remember there were such for Justin Timberlake concert.

Supposedly they will be in service.
Otherwise, just jump on the buss 31 from the Oslo Centralstation or Nationaltheatre. It will take you there. Actually buss 24, 28, 31, 707, 733 will take you there.

Date: May 19, 2014 22:09

Alright, thanks. Seems everything I'm interested in (except for the concert) is located by the train station including my hostel.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home