Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 5, 2014 15:40

Tickets are STILL available in all categories on the billettservice.no site. I was able to pull up tickets just about anywhere, GC included, before throwing them back.

The show is clearly NOT sold out at all. I will be in Oslo with my GA ticket. My question is, if GC is not full, do they wrist-band arrivals for GA in to fill the gap, to ensure that it IS full ? Or will they just give them to lucky dippers ? In times past they've always ensured that the front sections are full even if not sold out - they did that in Poland in 1998. Anyone else have a similar experience ?

Lucky dippers don't collect their tickets until 6pm, the same time as the doors open.

I will definitely be queueing early regardless, aiming for the B Stage.

Date: May 5, 2014 15:41

There is no B-stage?

EDIT: Ah, the end of the catwalk smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 15:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 5, 2014 15:47

I guess they might open the box office for LD earlier as there seems to be a lot of them.
If GC is not full then they will surely fill it with people from other sections.
Hard to tell what method they might do for that. LDs or people standing close to the GC entrance or maybe people who are seated in the back.
They might also make a very small GC so the don't have to bother with upgrading.

Date: May 5, 2014 15:50

DP,

Yes there IS a B-Stage according to the stage plan.

[www.billettservice.no]

Even if I don't get allowed into GC for showing up very early for GA, the B Stage is where I'm aiming.

My question was simply if anyone has had a ticket for GA then been allowed into GC as it wasn't full. For the sake of a decent show I'd have thought any band would want the front sections full regardless. I know, for example that at the all-seated O2 shows on the ABB tour in 2007, people in the cheap seats were offered free upgrades upon entry.

Date: May 5, 2014 15:58

Adams
I guess they might open the box office for LD earlier as there seems to be a lot of them.
If GC is not full then they will surely fill it with people from other sections.
Hard to tell what method they might do for that. LDs or people standing close to the GC entrance or maybe people who are seated in the back.
They might also make a very small GC so the don't have to bother with upgrading.[/[/b]quote]

Adams, I hadn't thought of that - very good point. Dandelion Powderman seems sure that all LD tickets for Oslo are GA.

My logic is that they would try to be fair and give them to people who'd paid full price. Whatever method they pick and however big GC is, one guarantee is that it will be FULL. I suppose it's down to the local promoter.

Date: May 5, 2014 15:58

grzegorz67
DP,

Yes there IS a B-Stage according to the stage plan.

[www.billettservice.no]

Even if I don't get allowed into GC for showing up very early for GA, the B Stage is where I'm aiming.

My question was simply if anyone has had a ticket for GA then been allowed into GC as it wasn't full. For the sake of a decent show I'd have thought any band would want the front sections full regardless. I know, for example that at the all-seated O2 shows on the ABB tour in 2007, people in the cheap seats were offered free upgrades upon entry.

It's just the end of the catwalk (like in Hyde Park), grzegorz67, not the mobile B-stage they used earlier. But it will be a good spot anyhow thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 15:58 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 5, 2014 16:08

Thanks DP,

I guessed it would be the HP arrangement based on the floor plan smiling smiley You have always been very convinced that all LD tickets for Oslo are GA. I believe you are a Scandinavian yourself and so perhaps have a bit more knowledge than the rest of us winking smiley ?

If they are then surely they'll let them in after the early GA arrivals have entered ?

That's my hope thumbs up

Date: May 5, 2014 16:15

Yeah, I'm norwegian. There was a press release that came when they announced the LD-tickets, saying that those tickets weren't GC tickets.

Unfortunately, I don't know more than that - let's hope for the best spots possible smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 16:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 5, 2014 16:31

Thank you DP.

Wow so this is your home show ! This will be my 1st ever visit to your country and I'm looking forward to it a lot. As a Brit (a Scot) I'm braced for the prices of everything over there.eye rolling smiley

If none of the LD tix are GC and GC isn't full then that gives me hope of sneaking in there winking smiley

Date: May 5, 2014 16:33

grzegorz67
Thank you DP.

Wow so this is your home show ! This will be my 1st ever visit to your country and I'm looking forward to it a lot. As a Brit (a Scot) I'm braced for the prices of everything over there.eye rolling smiley

If none of the LD tix are GC and GC isn't full then that gives me hope of sneaking in there winking smiley

That's what I'm hoping for myself.

See you at the Radisson Blu Hotel (a few hundred meters from the arena) for the pre-party before the show, then? smileys with beer

Date: May 5, 2014 16:44

Quite possibly may consume a few social beverages DP smileys with beer

I'll be leaving to queue from about 2pm though. Travelling a long way so DESPERATE to get up front. I camped out overnight before HP1 last year and from 8am for HP2. I got very good but not brilliant spots for both. Then there was the horrible fight right next to me at HP2 which I believe you witnessed. Guy had a local accent.

I'm sure Norwegians are much better than that.cool smiley

PS I believe there's a Stones tribute band in town the night before - The Midnight Ramblers ?

Date: May 5, 2014 16:47

grzegorz67
Quite possibly may consume a few social beverages DP smileys with beer

I'll be leaving to queue from about 2pm though. Travelling a long way so DESPERATE to get up front. I camped out overnight before HP1 last year and from 8am for HP2. I got very good but not brilliant spots for both. Then there was the horrible fight right next to me at HP2 which I believe you witnessed. Guy had a local accent.

I'm sure Norwegians are much better than that.cool smiley

PS I believe there's a Stones tribute band in town the night before - The Midnight Ramblers ?

Yep, that's right. On the John Dee-club, I belive. If so, it's 20 meters from my office smiling smiley

The fight I witnessed happened at HP1. Ugly stuff..

Date: May 5, 2014 17:00

Thanks - I'll remember that. Hopefully it's in the City Centre.

So you're from Oslo too so a proper home show ! I'm a Scot living in South of England for 30 years so the closest they play to my home is London - 80 miles/130 km.

I've seen them in both Glasgow and Edinburgh too. In April 1964 they actually played a small gig at a hotel in my home town of Hamilton, 20km from Glasgow and there was a big fight at it (some things never change...). Apparently Keith, then just 20yo walked on stage and said to the crowd, "Oh, this is a nice room!"smiling smiley

My cousin now lives on the exact spot where the hotel stood (it was burnt down) and I stayed there last week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 5, 2014 19:13

grzegorz67

You're Right. Midnight Ramblers will be on stage at

Just like 16 years ago, before the Valle Hovin show August 2 1998.
MR was great then and with 16 more years on their back they are as
good as any Stones band can be.

You can hear how good they sound here:
[www.midnightramblers.no]

Get your tickets here:
[www.billettservice.no]

All the Best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-05 19:18 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 5, 2014 22:25

Countdown: 3 weeks until Tour start ..... smiling smiley

Date: May 5, 2014 22:48

I've extensively tested billetservice.no for tickets earlier today.

The only sections which appear to be sold out are the seated sections closest to the stage, and even some of them might be tied to VIP packages not yet sold out.

BOTH sides of GC are avaialable, GA, all other seat categories and lucky dip too.

I notice billetservice are even the promoter for the tribute band the night before !

Date: May 5, 2014 22:53

Billettservice is a norwegian branch of Ticketmaster. It's where bands sell tickets to their shows in Norway, also for the shows at John Dee where the tribute show is. I don't think there is much competition for ticket sale bureaus in the norwegian market...

Date: May 5, 2014 23:30

I knew they were part of Ticketmaster. They charged me 170NOK to mail me my ticket so definitely Ticketmaster... angry smiley

You're probably right about the lack of competition. It's an even smaller country than Scotland !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 5, 2014 23:31

grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2014 13:02

Twenty days until tour start in Oslo. The leading Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten is having a print and also online article with many great photos from the Rolling Stones first performances in Oslo Friday June 24, 1965. Some photos never before published.

[www.aftenposten.no]

PS. There is a quiz there. A nice one. Try it and you will make 10 out of 10 and feel proud!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-06 13:07 by bv.

Date: May 6, 2014 13:13

Lovely! Just down the street from where they will play now thumbs up

Strike at Norwegian hotels from May 12.
Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: May 7, 2014 15:21

Many big hotels in Oslo will be at strike from May 12, both Grand Hotel and Oslo Plaza where Stones have stayed are on the list.

Re: Strike at Norwegian hotels from May 12.
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 7, 2014 15:24

s-asla
Many big hotels in Oslo will be at strike from May 12, both Grand Hotel and Oslo Plaza where Stones have stayed are on the list.

For the Stones they will arrange a special price! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 15:57 by Silver Dagger.

Date: May 7, 2014 15:26

Don't worry! They can stay at my place smoking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 7, 2014 20:29

BV?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2014 20:36

No worries. I have an extra appartment downstairs. Mick can do his morning running on my route up the nearby slalom hill. Also, the strike will be over within one week, long time before they arrive.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: May 7, 2014 23:45

A few q's.

Mick taylor?
Song vote?
Backstage access/meet and greet?

-tomr

OT: Any American IORRers Seeing Stones in NORWAY?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 8, 2014 21:45

I want to send a two pound package containing books to Norway.
Wonder if any US Stones fans here may be going to Norway RS concerts?
My thought is that my Norwegian friend could pick them up from US fan
before the gig.

If this is possible I will offer the "carrier" a rare RS souvenir for doing this favor.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: OT: Any American IORRers Seeing Stones in NORWAY?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 8, 2014 22:58

Thanks BV for moving my original...my mind is a blur today.

Posted by: KUBBE ()
Date: May 14, 2014 04:28

Did you know?

"Win VIP tickets to see The Rolling Stones kick off European tour in Oslo"
[www.nme.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home