Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Date: April 10, 2014 21:20

I forwarded your email to a couple of friends, zanzi. They might contact you.

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: April 11, 2014 10:15

RigaStones
Hi all,

This is my first post, even though I've been reading this forum for many years. Thanks for entertainment and sorry for freeriding.

Like yourselves, I'm a Stones addict. Got tickets for Stockholm, Oslo and Madrid. My concern is that I still have not received my Oslo tickets from Ticketmaster.no, and it's been 13 days. And I can't find a phone number or an e-mail address on their website. Does anyone else have the same problem? Perhaps someone has the contact details for Ticketmaster.no?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Call 0047 815 33 133
I hope you already have got your tickets, but call this number if not. The first 4 numbers (0047) are the landcode

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: April 11, 2014 14:41

Just for the fun of it, I tried to book (another) LD ticket for Oslo. No problems there. I'm a bit annoyed that it says "standing" when you buy the LD tickets for Oslo now. It didn't when I bought my ticket. However, it might have said "general admisson", don't really remember. Would rather have had a standing than seating ticket. Although it is strange that they should sell LD tickets that are assigned to a certain section, standing. Strange indeed. Anyone here who has bought a standing LD ticket for Oslo? What does it say when you log onto your billettservice.no page regarding section? It only says "Lucky Dip" on my order. Another strange fact is that you still can buy LD tickets from an old link, but not from Rolling Stones web page.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:16

Merlin
Just for the fun of it, I tried to book (another) LD ticket for Oslo. No problems there. I'm a bit annoyed that it says "standing" when you buy the LD tickets for Oslo now. It didn't when I bought my ticket. However, it might have said "general admisson", don't really remember. Would rather have had a standing than seating ticket. Although it is strange that they should sell LD tickets that are assigned to a certain section, standing. Strange indeed. Anyone here who has bought a standing LD ticket for Oslo? What does it say when you log onto your billettservice.no page regarding section? It only says "Lucky Dip" on my order. Another strange fact is that you still can buy LD tickets from an old link, but not from Rolling Stones web page.

I'm annoyed for the same reason, doesn't specify the area on my ticket - would love standing too...

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:23

You actually received the LD tickets?
I thought it was will call.
Have to check to make sure as I haven't received my LD tickets.

Date: April 11, 2014 15:31

BowieStone

No, no, we havn't recieved any tickets. But when you order LD tickets now it says "standing". You can always access your order history on the ticket web page where my LD tickets do not specify section. I was just asking if someone who has bought a LD ticket now (when it says standing) could check their order history.

Date: April 11, 2014 15:42

Merlin
BowieStone

No, no, we havn't recieved any tickets. But when you order LD tickets now it says "standing". You can always access your order history on the ticket web page where my LD tickets do not specify section. I was just asking if someone who has bought a LD ticket now (when it says standing) could check their order history.

Still doesn't say standing for me. I really don't want to end up somewhere with the pensioners all sitting around me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 16:24 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 11, 2014 15:56

On tm site it only says 'lucky dip'. But when I ordered the ticket it sad 'standing' or 'general admission', I don't remember. In my e-mail confirmation it is 'general admission'

Date: April 11, 2014 16:04

Adams
On tm site it only says 'lucky dip'. But when I ordered the ticket it sad 'standing' or 'general admission', I don't remember. In my e-mail confirmation it is 'general admission'

Okey, thanks. Perhaps we will get a lucky dip!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 11, 2014 21:27

In conversation tonight chatting about Stones tour,was talking about how long before it gets dark ,late May in Oslo.

Never been to Scandinavia, but know it stays light at night till very late during summer.

Will we be going home or back to hotel after the gig and a few drinks and get together, in daylight or darkness.
Guess it can depend on weather which I am sure will be warm and sunny. eye rolling smiley

Date: April 11, 2014 22:09

Merlin

All the LD tix are standing (= GA) in Oslo...

Date: April 11, 2014 22:11

crawdaddy
In conversation tonight chatting about Stones tour,was talking about how long before it gets dark ,late May in Oslo.

Never been to Scandinavia, but know it stays light at night till very late during summer.

Will we be going home or back to hotel after the gig and a few drinks and get together, in daylight or darkness.
Guess it can depend on weather which I am sure will be warm and sunny. eye rolling smiley

Oslo isn't that far north, so it will be somewhat dark...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 11, 2014 22:26

Cheers. smileys with beer

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 12, 2014 06:26

DandelionPowderman
Merlin

I haven't attended but I read some posts that all the LD tix in 2013 US tour were printed "GA". But actual location was unknown until you got assigned at the venue box office or the door just before the gig.

So I guess printing "standing" or "GA" is meanless for LD tix.
Some lucky guys will be assigned real GA but some other guys will be assigned nosebleeds seats.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 12, 2014 09:46

RigaStones
Hi all,

This is my first post, even though I've been reading this forum for many years. Thanks for entertainment and sorry for freeriding.

(...)

Hi RigaStones, Welcome to iorr. Are you from Riga?

Date: April 12, 2014 11:15

a bigger nut
DandelionPowderman
Merlin

I haven't attended but I read some posts that all the LD tix in 2013 US tour were printed "GA". But actual location was unknown until you got assigned at the venue box office or the door just before the gig.

Some lucky guys will be assigned real GA but some other guys will be assigned nosebleeds seats.

It was specified in the announcement that the LDs in Norway were GA-tix only.

Date: April 12, 2014 11:37

Anyway, looking at stadium layout. Maybe I might be out of line here but it seems to me it will not be hard to leave your seat and go to the floor even if you don't have a standing ticket...

Date: April 12, 2014 11:38

DandelionPowderman
a bigger nut
DandelionPowderman
Merlin

Oh, now that's cool grinning smiley

Date: April 12, 2014 12:58

You're coming to Radisson Blu before the show, Lorenz? The first one's on me smileys with beer

Posted by: zanzi ()
Date: April 12, 2014 13:56

Hey DandelionPowderman, thanks for passing on word - good on ya!

Date: April 12, 2014 14:30

DandelionPowderman
a bigger nut
DandelionPowderman
Merlin

Whaaat smiling smiley. What announcement?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2014 15:00

LD STILL available

Date: April 12, 2014 16:29

Merlin
DandelionPowderman
a bigger nut
DandelionPowderman
Merlin

Whaaat smiling smiley. What announcement?

The one in the LD-thread.

I might have misunderstood, though. Seemingly, what is said was that one couldn't get LD GC-tix in Oslo. You might get tix with a restricted view, I think...

Date: April 12, 2014 16:55

Most likely the Lucky Dip option is new to Bilettservice.no and the statement of standing and GA is a mistake. Although one can have opinions on misinformation when buying a ticket, I guess.

Date: April 12, 2014 16:57

When you go to the lucky dip link on TM and choose a ticket you get:

THE ROLLING STONES - LUCKY DIP
2014-05-26 19:31

Telenor Arena
FORNEBU
Tickets: 1

Lucky Dip
Telenor Arena
Lucky Dip
Standing
Lucky Dip

If it really means something then it must be floor. Are there any standing places at that stadium besides the floor?

Date: April 12, 2014 16:58

Standing means GA. Maybe some LD-tix say seating?

Date: April 12, 2014 17:01

Hi everyone,
I live in Oslo and have bought tickets for a gang of us, but unfortunately 2 have now dropped out. They are golden circle tickets (Keith's side), and I'd prefer to sell them together, but will consider splitting if necessary.
Email me at hjemeida@hotmail.co.uk
Good luck with the travels! drinking smiley

PLEASE NOTE: 1 TICKET SOLD, ONLY 1 AVAILABLE AS PER 22/4/14

Art.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-22 13:57 by RockandRollCircus.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 12, 2014 17:26

Adams
Anyway, looking at stadium layout. Maybe I might be out of line here but it seems to me it will not be hard to leave your seat and go to the floor even if you don't have a standing ticket...

I wouldn't count on that. In my experience, Scandinavians and Germans are far more disciplined and obedient to authorities at big events than, let's say Italians. I remember San Siro 2006, the opening gig two days after Italy won the World Cup in football. It was chaos. People were jumping, drinking and partying everywhere in the section where I was supposed to find my seat. Someone had brought fireworks with them as well. I just had to find a spot somewhere else. In Rome 2007, it was mayhem when people from the stands invaded the pitch. The security staff did nothing to prevent it. I think if you leave your seat in Oslo and head for the floor, some staff members will politely ask you to show your ticket or move back - and you will be expected to do as told. But it's worth a try. The worst consequence is a "no".

Date: April 12, 2014 18:29

DandelionPowderman
You're coming to Radisson Blu before the show, Lorenz? The first one's on me smileys with beer

Sure, sounds good! I'll be there with my girlfriend smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2014 19:23

I see what you mean. I would not want to cause any commotion or chaos there. I heard that Rome was a disaster concerning security. I was in FOS in Milan around 5th row and from that perspective everything seemed fine but you got me corrected smiling smiley
I looked at the TM page once again and it seems that if you buy in English then the option is 'standing' but if you buy in Norsk it only says 'Lucky Dip'.

In the e-mail it says General Admission. In both e-mail and website the additional information about what you can expect from a LD ticket is only in Norsk.

The Worst.
Adams

I wouldn't count on that. In my experience, Scandinavians and Germans are far more disciplined and obedient to authorities at big events than, let's say Italians. I remember San Siro 2006, the opening gig two days after Italy won the World Cup in football. It was chaos. People were jumping, drinking and partying everywhere in the section where I was supposed to find my seat. Someone had brought fireworks with them as well. I just had to find a spot somewhere else. In Rome 2007, it was mayhem when people from the stands invaded the pitch. The security staff did nothing to prevent it. I think if you leave your seat in Oslo and head for the floor, some staff members will politely ask you to show your ticket or move back - and you will be expected to do as told. But it's worth a try. The worst consequence is a "no".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home