Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: mjol ()
Date: April 3, 2014 23:29

I've booked the Radisson Blu as well.. Ready for any pre- and after-party there may be. smiling smiley

- mjOL

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:35

Party the Night Before:

Tickets: www.billettservice.no

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 17:36 by Heart for Stones.

Date: April 4, 2014 18:58

mjol
I've booked the Radisson Blu as well.. Ready for any pre- and after-party there may be. smiling smiley

Okay mjol & BV, let's have a pint at the Radisson Blu Park. I will carry some bottles of Pilsener Urquell in my car.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: April 5, 2014 12:35

Now I have booked flights. First time visiting Norway.
I will enter from Bergen and have a fjord watching on the way to Oslo.smiling smiley

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: April 7, 2014 13:14

I've got a spare Lucky Dip ticket for the Oslo show. Price 80 euro. I'm flying in from the Netherlands on 26th of May and leave the next day. Also in for sharing a hotelroom for 1 night.

Interested? mail me at:

barney.57@upcmail.nl

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: April 8, 2014 01:54

child-of-the-moon
mjol

Okay mjol & BV, let's have a pint at the Radisson Blu Park. I will carry some bottles of Pilsener Urquell in my car.

Sounds great - I'm in! smiling smiley

- mjOL

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: April 9, 2014 11:07

Sold my Lucky Dip ticket, so no longer available!

gr Frans

Posted by: Merlin ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:31

Well, like a complete idiot I bought a LD ticket and booked plane tickets and hotel near the arena. This is going to be an expensive concert and I'll probably end up with the worst seat in the arena. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a nice pub in the area close to the arena? The area looks nice, close to the sea.

Date: April 9, 2014 18:00

Merlin
Well, like a complete idiot I bought a LD ticket and booked plane tickets and hotel near the arena. This is going to be an expensive concert and I'll probably end up with the worst seat in the arena. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a nice pub in the area close to the arena? The area looks nice, close to the sea.

There are two hotel pubs within a few hundred meters from the arena.

The IORRians are meeting up at Radisson Blu Hotel.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:16

Lucky dip available AGAIN for this show. I wonder just how "Sold Out" ir really is....

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: April 10, 2014 15:28

Link pls! I can't find it!

(Witam Polakawinking smiley)

Date: April 10, 2014 15:33

[www.billettservice.no]

Prosze bardzo Pospi

Niestety nie jestem Polak - jestem od Szkocji ale duzo lubiem Polska gdzie ja mam wile przyjaciely.

smileys with beer
Ja bilem w Chorzow w rok 1998 - cudowny konzert

Date: April 10, 2014 15:36

Thanks,
I've found it alreadysmiling smiley
Have been in Chorzów 1998 also- That was my first RS showsmiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 15:45

My 5th.

My Polish friends from then, who are still my Polish friends today taped it from Polsat when it was shown 2 weeks later. Great memories.

Milo byc snowu w Polsce smileys with beer

It's a shame they now use the Stadion Narodowy in Wawa for concerts as I though the old Slaski was a good place for concerts. Since Euro 2012 they don't know what to use it for sad smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 15:52

Single tickets available too by the way folks ! For lone travellers there's not the aggro of shifting your 2nd ticket.

655NOK = 80EUR Total - a relative bargain (in Stones' terms...)

Date: April 10, 2014 16:17

smiling smiley)
Yeah! Famous words: "Milo byc znow w Polsce"smiling smiley)
I live in Warszawa, but I haven't been yet to a any concert at Stadion Narodowy. Although heard that the acoustics sucks.
Are you going to Oslo?

Date: April 10, 2014 16:35

I certainly am Pospi. General Admission Standing for me and it wasn't cheap !

I'm going to Stockholm too and have a return on the coach to Paris. No concert ticket as yet but I'll get onewinking smiley

I too have heard that acoustics are bad at the Narodowy. My friend saw Paul McCartney there and he said it was rubbish! Contrast this with Cardiff's Millenium Stadium which has excellent acoustics roof open or closed.

I know Warszawa very well - that's where my friends are based plus one more in Modlin Twierdza (right next to new airport) a little further North. Wawa has changed massively since my 1st visit in 1995. Not a pretty city but very interesting and always lots going on.

Date: April 10, 2014 16:44

Cool! I'm also going to Oslo (GC). As well as to to Pinkpop, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Madrid and Stockholm (Lucky Dip here), My friend has just bought Lucky Dip for Oslo.. Thanks for the info!

Date: April 10, 2014 16:54

pospi
Cool! I'm also going to Oslo (GC). As well as to to Pinkpop, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Madrid and Stockholm (Lucky Dip here), My friend has just bought Lucky Dip for Oslo.. Thanks for the info!

Cholera jasne ! Wielki Kibic !!!!

If Chorzow was your 1st and my 5th then at that rate you must have long overtaken me for shows count by now (18). Were you in Hyde Park last year ? I met Poles at both shows!

Posted by: RigaStones ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:54

Hi all,

This is my first post, even though I've been reading this forum for many years. Thanks for entertainment and sorry for freeriding.

Like yourselves, I'm a Stones addict. Got tickets for Stockholm, Oslo and Madrid. My concern is that I still have not received my Oslo tickets from Ticketmaster.no, and it's been 13 days. And I can't find a phone number or an e-mail address on their website. Does anyone else have the same problem? Perhaps someone has the contact details for Ticketmaster.no?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Date: April 10, 2014 18:18

I only got mine yesterday RigaStones. Be patient -the show's 7 weeks away...

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:20

yeah, I'm the one who bought that Lucky Dip Pospi mentioned smiling smiley

Out of curiosity what is Loge?
There are 5 categories of tickets listed there:

Standing:2015.00 NOK

SECTION ABC:1020.00 NOK

SECTION DEFGH:915.00 NOK

Loge:1250.00 NOK

STANDING:2525.00 NOK

and in the chart picture: [www.billettservice.no]

something like Loge is not even mentioned...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 18:21 by Adams.

Date: April 10, 2014 18:30

Adams
yeah, I'm the one who bought that Lucky Dip Pospi mentioned smiling smiley

Out of curiosity what is Loge?
There are 5 categories of tickets listed there:

Standing:2015.00 NOK

SECTION ABC:1020.00 NOK

SECTION DEFGH:915.00 NOK

Ha - so you 2 obviously know each other smileys with beer

Loge is General Standing outside the golden circle. That's where I'll be winking smiley
Going to queue from early and run for the B stage.
Loge:1250.00 NOK

STANDING:2525.00 NOK

and in the chart picture: [www.billettservice.no]

something like Loge is not even mentioned...

Date: April 10, 2014 18:40

Nope I'm far behind you.
In 1998 I was 14 years old, and in the years 2003-2007 I was at university and I couldn't afford to travel much after the Stones during Forty Licks and Bigger Bang tours. Until 2012 I only managed to be in Prague (2003), Brno and Warsaw (both 2007). In 2012 I was at the first O2 show, then second Hyde Park. You can see me few times on "Sweet Summer Sun"winking smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 18:46

pospi
Nope I'm far behind you.
In 1998 I was 14 years old, and in the years 2003-2007 I was at university and I couldn't afford to travel much after the Stones during Forty Licks and Bigger Bang tours. Until 2012 I only managed to be in Prague (2003), Brno and Warsaw (both 2007). In 2012 I was at the first O2 show, then second Hyde Park. You can see me few times on "Sweet Summer Sun"winking smiley

You're catching up then. Did you make front row at Hyde Park ? If so you must be a very fast runner! I was on Sweet Summer Sun too but only at the end when the crowd was leaving. I didn't get far enough forward - I was about 9th/10th row.

Date: April 10, 2014 19:13

I'm quite a good runner, but me and my friends were stopped for some reason by the security guard at the gate (In the meantime people at other gates were allowed to enter). Because of that we decided to run to the barrier by the catwalk. We managed to be about 15th row from the stage. The view was spectacular plus extra close when Stones were going along the catwalk...smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 19:25

The security at the entrance was useless at both shows. The security manager ordering everyone around was a power-obsessed pain in the arse.

My queue was stopped too with other queues moving quickly. Probably we were both in the same queue. I'm hoping for the B Stage in Oslo.

We thought about the catwalk and it could have been better than what we ended up with.

The security and general organisation at both shows is the worst I've ever seen in 23 years of Rolling Stones concerts. There was a fight near me while Jake Bugg was playing and Security let the guy who caused it (by pushing through the crowd) and let him stay - even closer to the stage. Star Poster PaulyWaul has had plenty to say about the poor organisation of Hyde Park...

Date: April 10, 2014 20:19

That fight was horrible. It happened right in front of me and my daughter..

Posted by: zanzi ()
Date: April 10, 2014 20:21

Picked up two Lucky Dip tickets for Oslo - if someone wants to come along and doesn't have one write me on sidsareen@gmail.com. It's yours for 650 NOK or 80 Euro, which is what it cost me. I plan to fly in 26th May afternoon, then hop a flight back to Denmark early 27th morning. And that's coming off The Eagles in Antwerp 25th night! Good times smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 21:08

DandelionPowderman
That fight was horrible. It happened right in front of me and my daughter..

It was indeed horrible. Ruined the atmosphere for me. Big burly horrible abusive, racist guy with no shirt on pushed in and stood right in front of a short Asian lady accompanied by her teenage daughters. She complained vociferously as he was blocking her view and he ranted on about foreigners called her truly some awful words until a female Londoner aged about 70 went up to him and elbowed him. Her husband, a Scot then clobbered him. I had a bag of water bottles and I was ready to hit him myself (in self defence). The whole crowd chanted "Out! Out! Out!" and security called him to the front but unbelievably let him stay. Absolutely horrible horrible charmless man. He had his wife/gf with him - what did she see in him?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home