Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 1, 2014 23:30

I'm looking for 2 GA tix if everyone has too many?

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: April 2, 2014 03:14

just scored two gold circle on ticketmaster!! start me up!!!.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 2, 2014 08:00

Standing, Golden Circle, seated available now.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: April 2, 2014 10:40

Why Norway is so different from the other places? All kinds of tix still available this morning, despite the size of the venue, and it was not the first time.

I first wanted to go there but gave up because of the prices (everything: hotel, ticket, travel). Perhaps this 65 € surprise-tix could make me change my mind (???)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2014 10:52

There are always returns and allocated tickets that get released at one point, so it is always a good idea to ckeck out the ticket sales, and these pages.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 2, 2014 13:37

Yes, GC available right now!!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2014 14:46

Gonna have a good look through these pages after scoring a couple of Lucky Dip tix for Oslo.

Got the fare booked to Oslo Gardermoen airport, and coming over on 23rd till 27th May.

Really looking forward to my first visit to a Nordic country. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:00

Drinks at BV's house beforehand?

Date: April 3, 2014 15:03

Silver Dagger

Let's skip work and do that! smileys with beer winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:09

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

I'm sure he has a great Stones collection to marvel at and will probably also have some lovely gjetost and akevitt in his larder!

Date: April 3, 2014 15:12

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

I'm sure he has a great Stones collection to marvel at and will probably also have some lovely gj eitost and akevitt in his larder!

The thought of that combination almost made me vomit here and now grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 3, 2014 17:37

Cabin party at BV's? I'm in. How much alcohol can I take on the flight again? Fancy some Austrian wine BV?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 3, 2014 17:47

The tickets for Norway all seem to ber GA and still seem to be plentiful on

[www.billettservice.no] at 655 NOK v 1250 NOK originally, which I paid :-( .

Go for it!

Opening night...

Single Tickets available though max 2 at a time.

Date: April 3, 2014 19:04

grzegorz67
The tickets for Norway all seem to ber GA and still seem to be plentiful on

[www.billettservice.no] at 655 NOK v 1250 NOK originally, which I paid :-( .

Go for it!

Opening night...

Single Tickets available though max 2 at a time.

I think you're looking at the Lucky Dip price.

All the other tickets are at the much higher prices.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 3, 2014 19:12

well the lucky Dups for Oslo and Stockholm are still open. So I would go for it both are nice cities to visit.

Date: April 3, 2014 19:39

Grison
well the lucky Dups for Oslo and Stockholm are still open. So I would go for it both are nice cities to visit.

Thank you for that Grison! These are the 2 gigs I have tickets for so far on this tour - GA for Oslo & GC Keith's Side for Stockholm. 1st visit to both countries let alone cities. Can't wait. My friend and his son want Paris and though 'Sold Out', tickets will come up later for sure one way or the other.

The Oslo lucky dip tickets are 'Standing'. However I think Standing might mean something different in Norwegian (Sitting perhaps :-) ???)

Date: April 3, 2014 19:46

grzegorz67
Grison

Thank you for that Grison! These are the 2 gigs I have tickets for so far on this tour - GA for Oslo & GC Keith's Side for Stockholm. 1st visit to both countries let alone cities. Can't wait. My friend and his son want Paris and though 'Sold Out', tickets will come up later for sure one way or the other.

The Oslo lucky dip tickets are 'Standing'. However I think Standing might mean something different in Norwegian (Sitting perhaps :-) ???)

Standing in norwegian is GA, not seats.

Date: April 3, 2014 19:50

Standing in norwegian is GA, not seats.[/quote]

Thanks for that DP. That means I've been stung for >£60 GBP. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

All ticket categories are now available again via the normal website so I just wonder how 'sold out' it really was when it was plastered all over the media..

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 3, 2014 19:57

I hope BV has some good salmon slices in his garden-party, because I really like those things. In either case, it would be nice to agree on a gathering-place before the Oslo concert

Date: April 3, 2014 20:00

Erik_Snow
I hope BV has some good salmon slices in his garden-party, because I really like those things. In either case, it would be nice to agree on a gathering-place before the Oslo concert

What about in the bar at Scandic Hotel, a few hundred meters from the arena?

Date: April 3, 2014 20:02

For those who do not understand how this works...

OSLO tickets for The Rolling Stones are still available here:

[www.billettservice.no]

You order two tickets at the special price of N. kr. 550 each, which is the cost of five beers in Norway. A bargain. Same as 65 Euro. Just click the link and buy the tickets.

Friends I have been talking to never visit RS.com. Or IORR.org. They don't know about this channel. I had to spell this out in details for a close relative and hand-hold throght the entire purchasing process, including how to avoid a dozen scalper sites. If you search for RollingStones tickets you do NOT get RS.com but all sorts of similar sites. It is not rocket science for us but for most others.

Bjornulf

Date: April 3, 2014 20:03

Erik_Snow

That would be good :-) I'm going to queue from dead early with my (full priced ) GA ticket and hope to get on the rail for the B-Stage.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 3, 2014 20:07

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow

What about in the bar at Scandic Hotel, a few hundred meters from the arena?

Great idea, DP. We could meet anywhere actually, as long as we all know about the meeting point

Date: April 3, 2014 20:10

bv
For those who do not understand how this works...

OSLO tickets for The Rolling Stones are still available here:

[www.billettservice.no]

You order two tickets at the special price of N. kr. 550 each, which is the cost of five beers in Norway. A bargain. Same as 65 Euro. Just click the link and buy the tickets.

Friends I have been talking to never visit RS.com. Or IORR.org. They don't know about this channel. I had to spell this out in details for a close relative and hand-hold throght the entire purchasing process, including how to avoid a dozen scalper sites. If you search for RollingStones tickets you do NOT get RS.com but all sorts of similar sites. It is not rocket science for us but for most others.

It appears to allow the purchase of single tickets as well as pairs.

Date: April 3, 2014 20:47

I booked the Radisson Blu Park Hotel in Fornebu, just 400 m away from Telenor Arena, due to BV’s first entry here. Is there anybody here who shares this hotel with us?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2014 20:58

Norway is a country I've never visited and would love to go to. I back packed through Europe and was warned it was the most expensive place to visit. That was in 1987! (Think Mick Jagger, Primitive Cool!)

I got as far as Uppsala following a girl, then headed south.

It would be great to see the Stones in Oslo, I'm envious.

Date: April 3, 2014 21:33

I've always wanted to visit Norway,but the costs really put me off years ago when most things in life were on a tight budget.

A bit more money in the pocket these days so got the Lucky Dip tix and hoping for standing or decent seats.

Whatever happens,I will be happy.

Flying in to main airport with Norwegian, and really good fare of £56 return.

Looking at a place to stay in Kjelsas, which is about 4 stops on local train to Oslo S.

Any comments on that area are very welcome.

Looks like it 's out in the country and only 15 mins by train to centre.

As I thought,hotels are very expensive in city.

Looking forward to see some of you Vikings I have met on my Stones travels over the years.

Dunno if the 2 guys from Oslo I got some good tix for at Twickenham many years ago, come on this site.
Be good to meet up again as we did in The Grey Horse pub,Kingston. >grinning smiley<

Date: April 3, 2014 22:04

For pre-party at the venue I would recommend the Radisson Blu hotel. It used to be the only hotel out here, when the old airport was right there where the arena is now:

Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Oslo
Fornebuveien 80, Snarøya/Fornebu
[www.radissonblu.com]

For meeting up earlier on the day, or the day before, in Oslo I would recommend this great water hole, an irish pub we have used at earlier Stones-related events in Oslo. It is at Egertorget, right next to Stortinget (the parlament building), on Karl Kohans gate:

Tre Brødre
[www.3brodre.no]
Karl Johans gt / Øvre slottsgt.
Øvre Slottsgate 14, Oslo

PS. Aker Brygge is a must, but may be not on show day... The beers are simply too expensive, breaking the kr 100 limit...

Technically Telenor Arena and the Radisson Blu Park Snarøya location is 2 km outside to Oslo border. This hotel has got nice outdoor restaurants, and a great locaton with space. Walking distance to the arena five minutes. And approx two km i.e. 25 minutes walking from the nearby Lysaker train station. You might also take shuttle buses from the city, or the Snarøya bus, also stopping at Lysaker train station. Beware of traffic chaos, there is only one road through a tunnel out there, walking will be faster than queing in traffic. Or park in smart locations.

For me personally the Oslo show is just a show where I can sleep in my own bed after the show. Next day I will be on my way to Lisbon, so I don't know how much party time there is room for. I will for sure be around, but I am planning to bring family and friendfs to the show as well, including grandchildren, three generations, so I assume they want me to be around rather than hanging out with fans in the city or at the Radisson. But sure I will be around still at some point, especially at the Radisson.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 3, 2014 22:41

Dammit. Those lucky dip tickets stayed on sale too long.
So I had to get me one of those...wasn't really planning to.
Oslo-Landgraaf-Berlin-Paris-Dusseldorf-Werchter.
That's it for me.

Date: April 3, 2014 22:48

BowieStone
Dammit. Those lucky dip tickets stayed on sale too long.
So I had to get me one of those...wasn't really planning to.
Oslo-Landgraaf-Berlin-Paris-Dusseldorf-Werchter.
That's it for me.

Good on yer. thumbs up

See you in Oslo on first gig of the Europe shows. smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home