Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: OSLO Norway 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: tonym ()
Date: March 27, 2014 00:55

Just wanted to say a big public thank you to tiffanyblu for posting the link - this morning I scored 2 GC for me and my mate - see you in Oslo!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 27, 2014 08:17

tonym
Just wanted to say a big public thank you to tiffanyblu for posting the link - this morning I scored 2 GC for me and my mate - see you in Oslo!

Thankyou Tonym! See you in Oslo!!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 27, 2014 09:51

Grison
a totally other question to Norwegians or Osloans:
We will stay from thursday night until tuesday. Hotel is booked. However would it be worth to rent a car for any excursions or should we only explore the City. Sundays seem to be very dead in the City.
Who knows more..... Thanks for any advise.

One thing to do for a daytrip is taking the "Norway in a Nutshell" trip. Just ask 'Lonely Planet'.
It's a fantastic trip described here:
[www.norwaynutshell.com]
It cost a bit and you will be spending around 16 hrs if you do it from Oslo.
Had a look and it's 2,100 NOK from Oslo.
Done it twice with foreign visitors and they loved it. We took it from Bergen once which is a bit shorter. The other time we had a car and drove the 6'ish hours from Oslo to the start of the trip at Voss. The trip from Voss is 775 NOK if you go there by car/train and start there.

If the weather is nice, jump on the ferry to Drøbak. Nice tiny place by the Oslo fjord. The ferry also stops at Oscarsborg Fortress, a VERY historical place. This trip is great if the weather is nice.
[www.visitdrobak.no]

Could be OK to have a car one day but it's so easy to "do" Oslo by bus/tram/tube/boat. Do the tourist stuff on the Sunday when all the shops are closed and traffic is fine (or any day when weather is fine...). Traffic in Oslo is a mess in the mornings 'till around 09:00, and between 15:00 and 17:00.
The Oslo card is great if you squeeze in all the tourist stuff in one day. Free entry/travel everywhere - 290 NOK. A 24 hrs day card to all public transport, including the boats to the islands, is 90 NOK.
Single ticket with 1 hour free transfer is 30 NOK if you pre-buy it, or 50 NOK if you pay the the driver. Get the app to get tickets easy...
[ruter.no]

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 27, 2014 10:19

Presale quota sold out now it seems.

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:38

Thanks, bv.

bv
Garbie
Help Please!

I shouldnt do it but I am looking at tickets for Oslo using the provided link (thanks). The thing is there tickets available but when I try to get GULV GC1 or GULV GC2, it says there are no available and when I choose best available, it offers me GULV with no mention of GC but at same price as GC and also says standing. Are they the same tickets but with no mention of GC 1 or 2?

Please some help and maybe you will push me to get to Oslo...

Thanks!

GULV = Floor. The price category will tell you where you are, as viewed in the venue map.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 27, 2014 11:49

TE

One thing to do for a daytrip is taking the "Norway in a Nutshell" trip. Just ask 'Lonely Planet'.
It's a fantastic trip described here:
[www.norwaynutshell.com]
It cost a bit and you will be spending around 16 hrs if you do it from Oslo.
Had a look and it's 2,100 NOK from Oslo.
Done it twice with foreign visitors and they loved it. We took it from Bergen once which is a bit shorter. The other time we had a car and drove the 6'ish hours from Oslo to the start of the trip at Voss. The trip from Voss is 775 NOK if you go there by car/train and start there.

If the weather is nice, jump on the ferry to Drøbak. Nice tiny place by the Oslo fjord. The ferry also stops at Oscarsborg Fortress, a VERY historical place. This trip is great if the weather is nice.
[www.visitdrobak.no]

Could be OK to have a car one day but it's so easy to "do" Oslo by bus/tram/tube/boat. Do the tourist stuff on the Sunday when all the shops are closed and traffic is fine (or any day when weather is fine...). Traffic in Oslo is a mess in the mornings 'till around 09:00, and between 15:00 and 17:00.
The Oslo card is great if you squeeze in all the tourist stuff in one day. Free entry/travel everywhere - 290 NOK. A 24 hrs day card to all public transport, including the boats to the islands, is 90 NOK.
Single ticket with 1 hour free transfer is 30 NOK if you pre-buy it, or 50 NOK if you pay the the driver. Get the app to get tickets easy...
[ruter.no]

TE
Oslo
thank you so much. I think we will stay in Oslo. I was already Voss/Bergen, but it's to much for a day out of Oslo. I'm sure we find plenty of things to do.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 27, 2014 12:16

tiffanyblu
Heart for Stones
tiffanyblu
hello I have just managed in buying tix to telenor arena. use this link: [bit.ly]

Thanks a MILLION - GOT 2 - Miracle - this link is still working

All the Best!

See you there! smiling smiley
Thanks, tiffanyblu, got my ticket for the show last night thanks to your link. Already got my flights/hotel sorted !!!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 27, 2014 12:45

chriseganstar
tiffanyblu
Heart for Stones
tiffanyblu
hello I have just managed in buying tix to telenor arena. use this link: [bit.ly]

Thanks a MILLION - GOT 2 - Miracle - this link is still working

All the Best!

See you there! smiling smiley
Thanks, tiffanyblu, got my ticket for the show last night thanks to your link. Already got my flights/hotel sorted !!!!

Greatsmiling smiley see you in Oslo!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2014 16:48

What to do when you are in Oslo?

Don't try to explore Norway! The distance in Norway from south to north is the same as from Oslo to Italy. I.e. if you put a pin on the south of Norway and turn it around it will cover all of Europe all the way to Italy. If you are in Norway for the show i.e. 2 days or so, just enjoy Oslo.

Oslo is actually at the very end of the Oslofjord. It is a long and wide fjord that is including plenty of islands and great places. I live in Asker 20 km south east of Oslo, by the fjord, and as I walk out of my house I have mountains (small, just 300-400 m), the fjord, forest, deer, elk and other animals more or less next to my house. Tourists pay loads of money to see our fjords, it is right there in Oslo...

North of Oslo you have Nordmarka. And Sognsvann. The most popular recreation area in the Oslo area. Take the Sognsvannbanen or Frongerseterbanen (underground). Every Wednesday at 6pm we (some 100-200 running geeks) run Sognsvann Rundt Medsols, it is 3.2 km and you can run it one, two or more rounds on time, to beat your own personal record. First race of the year next week. You might rent a bike and bike for hours in Nordmarka. A nice lake you can run or walk around any time during sprin/summer/autumn:

[www.sognsvannrundtmedsols.no]

Visit the Viking ship museum 10 minutes outside Oslo at Bygdøy. Check out the Vigerlandsparken with the famous sculptures by Gustav Vigerland. It is free and you will be highly impressed when you see the monumental Monolitten, and the very emotional Sinnataggen. Edvard Much museum, and of course the new famous Opera House, where you can walk on the roof and directly into the fjord. THese days tourist attraction number one in Oslo. Visit the fortress, dead center Oslo, where you have a great view of the fjord and the city. Visit the Sjølyst wall where they painted "STONES" in 1965 and it is still there in the sailboat.

Take the Frognerseteren tram to Holmenkollen. Get inside and on top of the world's most famous ski jumping hill. It is massive. Take a boat trip from the "brygga" to one of the many islands close to Oslo. Take a pint of beer at Aker Brygge. Or two. Get to a show at Sentrum Scene or Rockefeller. Or hang out with me outside Telenor Arena when the Stones are doing soundcheck there before the show. And the week before.

Run the Fornebuløpet right outside the Telenor Arena while the Stones do the rehearsals. I have done it 2-3 times and I will do it this year. Wednesday May 21 at 6pm and on.

[www.fornebulopet.no]

Visit Grunerløkka, Oslo's Paris, with many small nice places and enjoy the local atmosphere.

I am sure there is plenty more to do. If you arrive early for Oslo then take the train to Finse, or go north, or see Bergen, but don't leave Oslo until day 3 or 4. More later.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:25

Ready for Oslo. It feels so good to have the tickets in your hand smiling smiley

Date: March 28, 2014 10:30

The Oslo tickets went on sale 09:00 this morning. The best seats went in 5 minutes (NOK 2000), then 10 minutes later the rest of the tickets were taken. Total of 23,000 tickets gone in something like 15 minutes as it seems. By 9:20 it was not possible to find any tickets, but the ticket sales were pretty smooth while it lasted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:38

Still lots of tickets,in now,no problem

Posted by: Stoffer ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:38

Finally, me and my buddy got 7 tickets all together for Oslo! 2 best seating, 4 golden circle and 1 standing!
The last one I got 09:25 actually, must have been lucky!
10 kilos off my shoulders smiling bouncing smiley
On top of that we got 4 best seating tix for Stockholm, I liked that waitingroom way of doing it!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:54

Got my Golden Circle ticket aswell. Will be great to see the Stones kicking off their European tour in Norway and their first concert after their postponed Austalian/New Zealand shows...

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 28, 2014 10:56

It is always interesting to see "14 ON FIRE" banner with its local language.smiling smiley

Posted by: josef ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:39

Wow GC2 without a problem - see you in the pit !!!
Oslo > Berlin > Wien

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 28, 2014 12:48

There wont be any pits in Europe!!!

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 13:26

I am ready for a trip to our capital city and my 15th Stones show since 1995! smiling smiley After a 7 minutes wait to get through, it went very smoothly indeed. Three in the party have seen them before and the other three haven´t, so that will be nice! GA Standing tickets, but hopefully it will be possible to stand close behind the GC and get rather close anyway - if we turn up somewhat early.

Now....which other European city/cities to consider? This ticket was so expensive that I need to find something cheaper elsewhere. winking smiley But at least no need for accommodation in Oslo, just train 1,5 hours each way and transport downtown Oslo-Telenor Arena.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: March 28, 2014 14:30

Received tickets in the mail today! No reprise of the Hyde Park issues, thankfully.

Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: March 28, 2014 14:34

We managed 9 tickets all together Stoffer!! I scored two seating right before it were all sold out, so we are having a party for sure. With the 4 tickets you scored for us in Stockholm it is certainly: A GREAT DAY FOR IT AND ON WITH THE SHOW.

So far Oslo, Vienna, Stockholm. Next one Madrid? I am all for itsmoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 14:36 by Heartbraker.

Date: March 28, 2014 16:00

The show sold out in 13 minutes. Because customer had a 15 minutes holding timeout on tickets, like me, just playing around with ticket orders, there were released a few tickets after 09:13, but the lot was allocated in 13 minutes. Pretty fast, and I could actually see that most of the good tickets went in 5 minutes, then people started to take the floor, and like 13 minutes past nine it was just random seats and ticets released by others available. See you Monday May 26 at Telenor Arena at Fornebu outside Oslo.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:04

Jeppe: while there is no tongue-shaped Tongue Pit in Europe, the separate front-of-stage area is commonly called "the pit", hence people are calling Golden Circle tickets pit tickets in Oslo and Pelouse VIP tickets pit tickets in Paris. And so on.

Date: March 28, 2014 16:48

Correct. It is a pit in the front, even if it is not a tongue pit.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 18:03

bv
The show sold out in 13 minutes. Because customer had a 15 minutes holding timeout on tickets, like me, just playing around with ticket orders, there were released a few tickets after 09:13, but the lot was allocated in 13 minutes. Pretty fast, and I could actually see that most of the good tickets went in 5 minutes, then people started to take the floor, and like 13 minutes past nine it was just random seats and ticets released by others available. See you Monday May 26 at Telenor Arena at Fornebu outside Oslo.

I scored GA (from UK) at 10.30am. Looking forward immensely to my 1st visit to Norway as well as seeing my beloved band.smileys with beer

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:46

THE DAY BEFORE smileys with beer

The BEST warm-up party for the start of the European part of the 2014 tour will at John Dee (When more than 400 tickets sold moved to Rockefeller) on Sunday May 25th

As back in 1998 MIDNIGHT RAMBLERS will play all night long spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.midnightramblers.no]

You can find links to some songs of their site here:

Tickets on sale tomorrow at:
[www.billettservice.no]

All the Best!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-31 11:19 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:20

Tickets on sale now

Heart for Stones
THE DAY BEFORE smileys with beer

The BEST warm-up party for the start of the European part of the 2014 tour will at John Dee (When more than 400 tickets sold moved to Rockefeller) on Sunday May 25th

As back in 1998 MIDNIGHT RAMBLERS will play all night long spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You can find links to some songs of their site here:

Tickets on sale tomorrow at:
[www.billettservice.no]

All the Best!

Date: April 1, 2014 15:27

I'm looking for a ticket to the Oslo-show for a friend. Anyone's got a spare one?

Thanks.

Posted by: Heartbraker ()
Date: April 1, 2014 17:39

I might have one, just have to give some of my own friends and family time to decide for themselves. I have 3 spare now. Check in from time to time in case I forget you.

Anders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 18:01 by Heartbraker.

Date: April 1, 2014 17:53

I was told that DNB, the biggest bank in Norway, had pre-sales too, not just Telenor. When you logged into your DNB account last week there was a presales link. Very strange they kept it such low profile...

Bjornulf

Date: April 1, 2014 23:21

Heartbraker
I might have one, just have to give some of my own friends and family time to decide for themselves. I have 3 spare now. Check in from time to time in case I forget you.

Anders

I fixed a ticket now - but thanks thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home