Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Walter Trout
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2014 00:48

Seems like one more great musician / guitarist is loosing the battle against cancer:

[www.youcaring.com]

Re: OT: Walter Trout
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 21, 2014 03:08

Thats sad. I saw Trout play with John Mayall many years ago at The Tralf in Buffalo. Great guitarist.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 21, 2014 09:16

Horrid. That insidious disease catches most of us. Sorry to see the talents fall. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:33

Oh Dear.
Poor Walter. I have seen him play about a dozen times over the years in U.K. and knew he was in a bad way.
That really shocked me seeing that pic.
I really hope he can overcome and beat this awful illness. sad smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 21, 2014 16:09

The amount raised has doubled since yesterday, so there's hope still.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 21, 2014 16:19

Date: March 21, 2014 16:28

Lovely pic that I've never seen before. Thanks so much for posting.

Two of John Mayalls' boys with Walters' bass man there I think it is. smileys with beer

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:18

That's a real shame I didn't know he was unwell. Walter is a fantastic guitarist and I've seen him play a few times in the UK.

The last time I saw him play was at the Mick Jagger Centre here in Dartford and the place was packed. It was a real privilege to see such a fine musician literally on my doorstep.

I wish him and his family well.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:30

It´s urgent.Seen him in concert, played his records on my radio show, now it´s pay back time, so people, if you can spare a dollar or two, for the sake of music...compare to what you pay for a Stones ticket..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 22, 2014 00:52

This guy............,Eric Clapton and Mick Taylor were all Bluesbreakers with John Mayall all those years ago.

I'm gonna give a few bucks to help him on his way to recovery.

Good luck Walter and you'll gonna make it. smileys with beer

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:58

Come On, IORR, your chance to step up, and help out a guy who is fighting for his life, and who shared his soul through his music,

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 22, 2014 21:57

Walter Trout is on tour in my area, at the end of this year. I hope he will feel better and I can see a good show from him. He's truly one of the best in blues rock!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2014 22:09

Thank godness Charlie survived from cancer - terrible disease

Date: March 23, 2014 09:29

Just had a look to see how the fundraising for Walters is going and only $6500 dollars away from the target.

That must be such good news for Walter and his family and friends.

It is Kirby Bryant,who is Danny Bryants wife who is looking after the fundraising.

Danny is an English guitarist who I seen play as support act to Walter on a few occasions here in U.K.

Walter has been his mentor since he was about 15,and now he is one of the best blues guitarists around in my opinion.

Such good news to wake up to .

You're gonna make it Walter. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 23, 2014 19:10

The fundraising target has been reached and it now over $127,000 that has been donated in such a short time from fans,family and friends of Walter from all over the world. Saw on the recent donations were one from a Jack Bruce, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was the man himself who plays bass guitar.

Makes your faith in the human race so worthwhile from Walters' great fans and all others who contributed.

We all want him to get that liver transplant and I know his wife Marie gave an update yesterday on the youcaring website.

Such good news to round off the weekend on what has been a bad week for all us music lovers.

Date: June 12, 2014 22:21

Great news about Walter after he had his liver transplant about 10 days ago.

Walter and his family have been through helluva lot in the past year and it looks like good news for Walter.

Looks like he's got plans once he is fit and healthy ,to get back to what he does best, just like The Stones....................playing live in front of his fans. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:11

I'm happy for him.
He's a very good player.
You must listen to Life in the jungle from his first album.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:35

This is great news. Walter canceled all dates for 2014, but he will be back in 2015 and that better as ever before!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home