Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The set list for the remainder of the 14 On Fire Tour
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 21, 2014 09:58

All these songs mentioned in this thread come from an earlier time in the man's life and were written with other people in mind. As with the fans who originally lived through them when they were new, these songs likely have for the songwriter(s) a deep-rooted emotional meaning for earlier periods of life. If anything, when it is time to reclaim the stage, these songs may be something of a comfort to return to.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:13

Set list speculation... just a week ago that was the harmless fun we did here causing biggest tension, and now it 'seemed about a hundred years ago'...

Sorry, not yet able to go a normal routine like that..

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:47

But one thing I need to note out - the next time they do some of their touching ballads - think of "Wild Horses" or "Ruby Tuesday", not to mention "As Tears Go By" or even "Streets of Love" - there won't be a dry eye in the audience nor on the stage. That will be a helluva moment.

That's my prediction. And that will be a moment for her. The rest business as usual.

- Doxa

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 12:23

I am guessing next time they play live there will be lot Stones songs played, Stones songs which long long ago grew bigger than anything or anybody they may once have been written about.

Of course a lot of their songs may have special meaning to individual fans, for one reason or another, but I would bet to the band they are just great songs, which they been playing for 400 years.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 21, 2014 12:40

Max'sKansasCity
People counting out The Rolling Stones are going to be WRONG!! AGAIN!!

It seems like just the other year so many many blahers were blah blah blahing about how The Stones would never tour again and how Keith could no longer play, all that drivel about his fingers were too messed up... specualation about his head injury... etc etc and it was all BLAH BLAH BLAH meaningless speculation. KEITH CAME BACK TO PLAY JUST FINE!!! And I never saw/read one person who counted them out come back and say "Sorry, I was wrong, I should not have counted them out"

I wonder, is there anything, AT ALL, which these guys could do to get everyone to give the proper respect the deserve? could not have said it better myself. nothing makes them smile more than getting on stage doing what they do best. better than all the rest . seriously nothing stops this juggernaght from rolling like a freight train down the tracks . the stones will be back faster than all of us can imagine.

SETLIST SCHMETLIST!!

Date: March 21, 2014 12:56

TheGreek
Max'sKansasCity
People counting out The Rolling Stones are going to be WRONG!! AGAIN!!

It seems like just the other year so many many blahers were blah blah blahing about how The Stones would never tour again and how Keith could no longer play, all that drivel about his fingers were too messed up... specualation about his head injury... etc etc and it was all BLAH BLAH BLAH meaningless speculation. KEITH CAME BACK TO PLAY JUST FINE!!! And I never saw/read one person who counted them out come back and say "Sorry, I was wrong, I should not have counted them out"

I wonder, is there anything, AT ALL, which these guys could do to get everyone to give the proper respect the deserve? could not have said it better myself. nothing makes them smile more than getting on stage doing what they do best. better than all the rest . seriously nothing stops this juggernaght from rolling like a freight train down the tracks . the stones will be back faster than all of us can imagine.

SETLIST SCHMETLIST!!
smileys with beer

Date: March 21, 2014 12:58

and now a song... cuz that is what it is all about!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:28

BBC news = Frontier Touring say "every effort is being made to re-schedule Oz gigs for Oct / Nov this year"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:40

It isn't down to us to say what Mick should or shouldn't sing "in the circumstances". Setlist schmetlist, as Max says. But it wouldn't surprise me if there were changes. I can read through a typical setlist and imagine which songs I would have trouble singing again, but I will keep that list to myself, and Mick's list will be different (and probably much shorter). What he does about that - tough it out or make changes - is up to him.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:05

big4
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me
some of the dumbest comments since this whole this started are in this thread.... if you really think there gonna scrap any of those songs your out of your mind.... Thats like when radio stations tried to ban playing imagine and rocket man after 9/11....can't do it, the music speaks for itself, it is what it is

they played half those songs after brians death, after Ian's death, after Keiths son and dad....people die ever day...to say that a band is going to stop playing or doing something is beyond absurd..
you think you are going to see Mick Jagger sing "suicide right on the stage" again? Really?

why wouldn't you it's a lyric from a song, do you thnk mick will excise uncomfortable words? you're being ridiculous

Where did you get that from --"excise words"??? I asked if you (well, not you) think he will sing the song again. Never in a million years would I think he would change the words. The point is that he WILL NOT SING THE SONG again. OK is that easier to read? But you dudes think he will. We can agree that nobody knows.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:21

Green Lady
It isn't down to us to say what Mick should or shouldn't sing "in the circumstances".

Of course it's up to him (I don't see anyone suggesting otherwise but maybe I'm missing something).

I love the Rolling Stones and my heart goes out to the Mick. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts about it to myself.

Date: March 21, 2014 14:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:13

Mick isn't a twentysomething anymore, The Stones are in their "Indian Summer", most of their fans too. The tragedy about L'Wrenn and Mick looks like the first "ground frost", many lovely flowers are frozen to death now.

I hope, Mick and his mates will have enough energy, will recover soon and can find a proper way to roll on.

HighwireC

Date: March 21, 2014 18:48

Rokyfan
big4
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me
some of the dumbest comments since this whole this started are in this thread.... if you really think there gonna scrap any of those songs your out of your mind.... Thats like when radio stations tried to ban playing imagine and rocket man after 9/11....can't do it, the music speaks for itself, it is what it is

they played half those songs after brians death, after Ian's death, after Keiths son and dad....people die ever day...to say that a band is going to stop playing or doing something is beyond absurd..
you think you are going to see Mick Jagger sing "suicide right on the stage" again? Really?

why wouldn't you it's a lyric from a song, do you thnk mick will excise uncomfortable words? you're being ridiculous

Where did you get that from --"excise words"??? I asked if you (well, not you) think he will sing the song again. Never in a million years would I think he would change the words. The point is that he WILL NOT SING THE SONG again. OK is that easier to read? But you dudes think he will. We can agree that nobody knows.

Roky, think you need to relax, you've been attempting to upset me on a number of posts, but i just flat out dont care lol

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:03

Max'sKansasCity

That's the spirit Maxy! I enjoyed the hell out of that video.smileys with beer

Play the blues, everybody, play the blues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 19:10 by andrewt.

Date: March 21, 2014 19:07

You Got to Roll Me
Rokyfan
big4
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

Roky, think you need to relax, you've been attempting to upset me on a number of posts, but i just flat out dont care lol

no, not "upset" you, just like giving you the chance to flash your neon look at me pic again. It really isn't All About You. Oh, lol.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:08

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity

That's the spirit Maxy! I enjoyed the hell out of that video.smileys with beer

Enjoy it in better sound quality!

Date: March 21, 2014 19:10

Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me
Rokyfan
big4
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

no, not "upset" you, just like giving you the chance to flash your neon look at me pic again. It really isn't All About You. Oh, lol.

So you have an issue with my gif? very confused

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: March 21, 2014 19:32

Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

Easy fix:
If I could stick a knife in my heart/Let's spend some time together right on the stage.

Date: March 21, 2014 19:33

kleermaker
Enjoy it in better sound quality!

Daddy like.

Date: March 21, 2014 20:48

andrewt
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

Easy fix:
If I could stick a knife in my heart/Let's spend some time together right on the stage.

OK, here's somebody with a sense of humor. I like it.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:56

andrewt is the new Stones lyricist! just kidding with you. it's hard to imagine them doing these songs again. But I asked my wife and my brother about this (they are both Stones fans but not hardcore), and they both laughed at my suggestion that they may never do these songs again. my gut feeling is they will finish the tour including Australia rescheduled, and will then retire ( which is what they were probably going to do anyway). I think the set list for remaining shows will be pretty fixed and will omit IORR, Miss You, and a few others

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 20:57 by letitloose.

Date: March 21, 2014 21:31

If we've learned one thing from following this band, it's that the warhorses are never
omitted.winking smiley

Date: March 21, 2014 21:42

true. I couldn't believe the poster somewhere who seriously suggested the band may now play Love in Vain with a wailing Mick T solo as some sort of tribute. I just think they will be a wee bit selective in the song choices in any shows. I can't see Mick pouring his heart out, tho a ballad is always inevitable in a stones gig. It's weird..but everything takes on a new resonance. I truly believe jagger is changed forever by this. He probably wants the juggernaut to be over, and yet is closer to his bandmates than ever.. maybe they will scale down and carry on. Who knows.

Date: March 21, 2014 21:44

Oh, and I've decided I will post on this thread! cause it's nice and friendly.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:04

I think this thread has validity! I can see a few songs deleted...Wild Horses, for one...any real serious ballads...Worried About You, Streets Of Love, Angie, etc. not that they were ever about L'Wren but just the same...they might be hard to sing. I see Letitloose, that you posted a similar thought...I just read it. I think it's way to soon to guess about anything regarding future Stones plans/shows....healing is tough. I worry about Mick...I am very glad brother Chris is helping with the funeral plans.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:34

gotdablouse
IORR may have to go...

Yeah, I actually had that same thought..as trivial as seems,it just popped into my head. I certainly couldn't blame them if they did drop it.

There may be others which would be less obvious to us as well....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:56

Chuck will probably be the one who gets to pour over the lyrics to every song, highlighter pen in hand, drawing a thick yellow line through everything that could possibly be deemed "inappropriate." While we're at it, here's something I'll bet no one has thought of:

Will they still be able to wear their trademark scarfs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 01:00 by tatters.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:03

Mick Jagger is the consummate performer and will undoubtably be performing until the day before, or day of, his own death.

The show will go on.
As it should.

Song selection will undoubtably be affected for a while.
Again, as it should.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:08

There may also be songs that are not a lyrical reminder but that are linked to a personal event for him that he may want to drop...
Personally, I don't think they'd go so far as to stop wearing scarves, but who knows really?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home