Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Micks entrance to the Voodoo Lounge
Posted by: R ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:37

The opening night in DC he popped up through the floor which was pretty cool except it happened in daylight. A few weeks later, in East Lansing, he sauntered on to rapturous applause and did a long, sweeping Three Musketeers type bow before turning 180° an joining the Bo Diddley beat of NFA. The latter was more dramatic, actually. If memory serves. SFTD wasn't played in those early shows and Love Is Strong occupied thaat spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 13:38 by R.

Date: March 21, 2014 13:48

There was an American TV Series where characters actually went to see a show. And you can see Mick stepping into the lift, waiting and practicing harmonica as Charlie rocked.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:03

KeylockSanchezandCo
There was an American TV Series where characters actually went to see a show. And you can see Mick stepping into the lift, waiting and practicing harmonica as Charlie rocked.
I only know the name of this tv show because I went to the Rose Bowl shows that year and heard it was also going to be on the tv show... etc etc.. but I dont recall seeing the lift, but this is kind of a fun clip, The Stones part anyway

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:23

My memory ain't the greatest but I seem to remember him coming up from the depths of hell for the start of Sympathy?

Awesome if memory serves (which it often doesn't, the longer the tooth, the shorter the memory)

\m/

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:51

Street fighting man was played every stadium gig on voodoo tour(94-95),sympathy for the devil was not.First performance was in Las Vegas oct.15th 1994,before that Love is strong was on sympathys spot.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 21, 2014 14:51

Monkeytonkman
My memory ain't the greatest but I seem to remember him coming up from the depths of hell for the start of Sympathy?

Awesome if memory serves (which it often doesn't, the longer the tooth, the shorter the memory)

\m/
You are absolutley correct, they may have changed it up over some time/shows but the shows where Mick rose up bathed in red lit smoke, in that voodoo get-up, it did appear as if he was rising up from the fire down below and it was spectacular!!

I had so much fun at so many Voodoo Lounge shows from the Pasadena to Nijmegen, from Little Rock to Toronto and more... those were some good times and tickets were basically free(compared to today)... actually we did get free tickets in Little Rock(compliments of the Anheuser Busch man outside the stadium right before the shows started)

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:46

Mick changed his entrance because Michael Jackson did the same with elevator

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home