Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Micks entrance to the Voodoo Lounge
Date: March 19, 2014 18:20

I've always been a bit curious.... At the start of the tour, mick would take the lift and shoot right up to start 'Not Fade Away' but about 15-20 shows in, he started walking on stage and taking a bow....Anyone know the reason?

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: Micks entrance to the Voodoo Lounge
Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:48

Great question. I got to see a show with the lift and blew everyone away.

I mean you hear Charlie and the lights are coming up and then.. there he is!

But all of the better videos of the tour have him walking out.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 19:02

Maybe the lift broke or he was afraid of getting stuck and having to be rescued on stage? But seriously, he used that lift to great effect on Sympathy during the SW tour.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:04

big4
Maybe the lift broke or he was afraid of getting stuck and having to be rescued on stage? But seriously, he used that lift to great effect on Sympathy during the SW tour.

a floor lift and regular elevator are 2 different things, 2 different effects.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:11

it got stuck a couple of times at some of the earlier shows and they decided to scrap it.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:10

No, they didn't ditch it. They changed the point of the show that they used it. They starting using it for Mick's return after Keith's set. Mick reentered the show for the stretch run using it... instead of using it at the very beginning of the show.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:13

I love the VL walk on intro. Was so great.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:22

Voodoo lounge was a helluva good album and a helluva good tour!
All aspects were great from not too high ticket prices to a long and winding tour with plenty of dates and locations to see them (although, of course, no KC date, again) to a mix of new and old songs. What a great show!! and the whole Voodoo lounge section of the show was spectacular, early on opening with Love is Strong, later in the tour with SFTD. I saw enough tour dates, throughout the tour, (we even fly to Amsterdam to see 2 June shows in Nijmegen) on the Voodoo Lounge tour to make me very very happy, unlike these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 21:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 19, 2014 21:29

Man, just look at all of those tour date... and that is just in the U.S.
plus [www.iorr.org] plus [www.iorr.org]

Voodoo Lounge Tour - America 1994
August 1, 3 Washington, D.C. RFK Stadium
August 6 Birmingham, AL Legion Field
August 10 Indianapolis, IN Hoosier Dome
August 12, 14, 15, 17 New York / New Jersey Giants Stadium
August 19, 20 Toronto, Canada Exhibition Stadium
August 23 Winnipeg, Canada Winnipeg Stadium
August 26 Madison, WI Camp Randall Stadium
August 28 Cleveland, OH Municipal Stadium
August 30 Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Stadium
September 4, 5 Boston, MA Foxboro Stadium
September 7 Raleigh, NC Carter Finley
September 9 East Lansing, MI Spartan Stadium
September 11, 12 Chicago, IL Soldier Field
September 15 Denver, CO Mile High Stadium
September 18 Columbia, MO Faurot Field
September 22, 23 Philadelphia, PA Veterans Stadium
September 25 Columbia, SC Williams Brice Stadium
September 27 Memphis, TN Liberty Bowl
September 29 Pittsburgh, PA Three Rivers Stadium
October 1 Ames, IA Cyclone Stadium
October 4, 5 Edmonton, Canada Commonwealth Stadium
October 10 New Orleans, LA Superdome
October 14, 15 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Hotel
October 17 San Diego, CA Jack Murphy
October 19, 21 Pasadena, CA Rose Bowl
October 23 Salt Lake City, UT Rice Stadium
October 26, 28, 29, 31 Oakland, CA Coliseum
November 3 El Paso, TX Univ. of Texas
November 5 San Antonio, TX Alamodome
November 11 Little Rock, AR War Memorial Stadium
November 13 Houston, TX Astrodome
November 15, 16 Atlanta, GA Georgia Dome
November 18 Dallas, TX Cotton Bowl
November 22 Tampa, FL Tampa Stadium
November 25 Miami, FL Joe Robbie Stadium
November 27 Gainesville, FL Univ. of Florida
December 1 Detroit, MI Silverdome
December 3 Toronto, Canada Skydome
December 5, 6 Montreal, Canada Olympic Stadium
December 8 Syracuse, NY Carrier Dome
December 11 Minneapolis, MN Metrodome
December 15 Seattle, WA King Dome
December 17, 18 Vancouver, Canada BC Place

Date: March 19, 2014 21:29

Max'sKansasCity
All aspects were great from not too high ticket prices to a long and winding tour with plenty of dates and locations to see them (although, of course, no KC date, again) to a mix of new and old songs. What a great show!! and the whole Voodoo lounge section of the show was spectacular, early on opening with Love is Strong, later in the tour with SFTD. I saw enough tour dates, throughout the tour, on the Voodoo Lounge tour to make me very very happy, unlike these days.

Totally agree, Max!

Did you by any chance catch the KC-shows in 81?

Date: March 19, 2014 21:36

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
All aspects were great from not too high ticket prices to a long and winding tour with plenty of dates and locations to see them (although, of course, no KC date, again) to a mix of new and old songs. What a great show!! and the whole Voodoo lounge section of the show was spectacular, early on opening with Love is Strong, later in the tour with SFTD. I saw enough tour dates, throughout the tour, on the Voodoo Lounge tour to make me very very happy, unlike these days.

Totally agree, Max!

Did you by any chance catch the KC-shows in 81?

I tried to get in the first night, but it was sold out like crazy and did not get in (and to this very day, it is only one of two events I have ever walked away from not being able to get in by buying a ticket outside, compared to successfully buying tickets out side to 200-300 events) but for the second night I was busy all day looking ofr tickets and bought some in the after noon.

We floated aropund Kemper arena the whole show until self upgrading to front row in front of Ronnie and Keith for the last 4 songs and the balloon drop, it was out of control fun and good time, I even took a couple of spectacular pictures of those two, arms wrapped around each other... they are posted around here somewhere.

Date: March 19, 2014 21:38

thumbs up

I think I remember you posting it now. Great! smileys with beer

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 21:45

jamesfdouglas
big4

a floor lift and regular elevator are 2 different things, 2 different effects.

It was a tongue in cheek response.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: March 20, 2014 00:25

I saw it both ways and think he liked to get the effect better at the Sympathy intro.

I liked both--best opening ever was VL tour with the Cobra hear or whatever it was, and non warhorse tune.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: March 20, 2014 01:31

Hello,

One of the Wembley dates was the first time I'd ever seen the band. One of my clearest memories of it involves that beginning of the show to which You Got To Roll Me refers. It was Summer, so still light; we could hear the intro music, so we knew the show was imminent; I could hear the drums and so looked to the kit and saw Charlie, my first live glimpse of a Stone; and such was my concentration on him that I didn't even notice the singer sachaying across the stage...he was almost at the mic when I realised: "*#€%*!=* - there's Mick!!!". Absolutely brilliant, I bloody loved every second of it.

Declan

Date: March 20, 2014 07:06

DD
Hello,

One of the Wembley dates was the first time I'd ever seen the band. One of my clearest memories of it involves that beginning of the show to which You Got To Roll Me refers. It was Summer, so still light; we could hear the intro music, so we knew the show was imminent; I could hear the drums and so looked to the kit and saw Charlie, my first live glimpse of a Stone; and such was my concentration on him that I didn't even notice the singer sachaying across the stage...he was almost at the mic when I realised: "*#€%*!=* - there's Mick!!!". Absolutely brilliant, I bloody loved every second of it.

Declan

Thta great story, thanks for sharing...
it is moments and memories like that which make The Stones so great!

STONES!!

Date: March 20, 2014 09:13

Yeah, great album, great tour, and micks entrance for sympathy was great, with the the hat and the glasses

With that being said, there is something about keith charging to the front of the stage and playing the opening riff of SMU/SFM/BS/JJF/GOMC gives me chills every time

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: March 20, 2014 09:25

June 20th, 1995, Cologne, Mungersdorfer Stadion:

The lights went down; Charlie started drumming...

From the right side Mick J. entered the stage, dancing and prancing. Right from that moment, 70.000 people were connected in a giant electric field.

When he reached his mike and bowed down, the crowd went nuts.

"I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be
You're gonna give your love to me !"

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 20, 2014 10:41

There was a bit of footage (I think promotional, or from a newsnetwork, or maybe a complete bootleg) that showed, from below the stage, Mick preparing and being shot up. I must have seen it on youtube somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. I'll try again later tonight. Or has anyone got a clue?

Date: March 20, 2014 18:55

mickjagger1009
No, they didn't ditch it. They changed the point of the show that they used it. They starting using it for Mick's return after Keith's set. Mick reentered the show for the stretch run using it... instead of using it at the very beginning of the show.

It could have been when "Sympathy for the Devil" returned half way through October that year. ?

Date: March 20, 2014 18:56

You Got to Roll Me
I've always been a bit curious.... At the start of the tour, mick would take the lift and shoot right up to start 'Not Fade Away' but about 15-20 shows in, he started walking on stage and taking a bow....Anyone know the reason?

Any chance of uploading those tongue logos as a Zip file in the thread in the "Hot Stuff" section ??

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:28

OPENING NIGHT HAD BEST SETLIST EVER !

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:40

Yes indeed I was there.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:42

thy had that crazy thing with Monkey Man with the people on stilts. which they quickly dispensed with

Date: March 20, 2014 22:59

Pretty sure it was the Giants stadium show

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 20, 2014 23:21

Limbostone
There was a bit of footage (I think promotional, or from a newsnetwork, or maybe a complete bootleg) that showed, from below the stage, Mick preparing and being shot up. I must have seen it on youtube somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. I'll try again later tonight. Or has anyone got a clue?

I think that was from the official VL video, Giants Stadium. I could be confusing it with some backstage footage from the Licks tour though.

Date: March 21, 2014 03:03

Sipuncula
Limbostone

I think that was from the official VL video, Giants Stadium. I could be confusing it with some backstage footage from the Licks tour though.

yeah its was giants stadium....opened with a video of "a roadie" in bed and the work he had to do to get ready....his alarm clock played little t and a

Date: March 21, 2014 03:49

Winning Ugly VXII
You Got to Roll Me

Any chance of uploading those tongue logos as a Zip file in the thread in the "Hot Stuff" section ??

I am not sure what you are wanting, or wanting to do/see/have, but there are some easy to use free websites that might do what you want... maybe... [www.gifexploder.com]

I am only looking to assist here, hopefully no ones gets mad, if so, I will delete this post.

And as always, be sure to credit people for their work, if you use their efforts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 03:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 21, 2014 04:02

yeah, would be happy to

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 21, 2014 13:08

Winning Ugly VXII
mickjagger1009

It could have been when "Sympathy for the Devil" returned half way through October that year. ?

I can tell you that by the Philadelphia shows in September he was using the lift for Love Is Strong.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home