Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: Australia & New Zealand "14 On Fire" shows postponed
Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:11

Doxa
Thanks big4, it is heart-warming to read those comments by Mick's band mates.

- Doxa

Yeah I agree. Especially the Keith one. I think although the Stones will continue to roll there will always be a hint of sadness in Mick from now on. It's a pretty big scar and Mick is more emotional than that aloof facade of his shows. Just one listen to a Stones ballad demonstrates that.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:24

big4
Doxa
Thanks big4, it is heart-warming to read those comments by Mick's band mates.

- Doxa

Yeah I agree. Especially the Keith one. I think although the Stones will continue to roll there will always be a hint of sadness in Mick from now on. It's a pretty big scar and Mick is more emotional than that aloof facade of his shows. Just one listen to a Stones ballad demonstrates that.

Thanks for that.

Heart warming to read

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:04

Thanks big4, great to see the guys understand Mick comes first at this time and that he also needs, and will get from them, total support.

My first thought after the tour was postponed was that in all likelihood it would end up being too hard and be outright cancelled.

Reading this though it seems the band actually also understand how WE are also deeply saddened by the death of Micks partner, we're not just sad at the prospect of no shows, so they seem to feel OUR support of them. They in turn will support us, when they can.

Don't know I articulated that too well....

Date: March 19, 2014 17:06

bitusa2012
Thanks big4, great to see the guys understand Mick comes first at this time and that he also needs, and will get from them, total support.

My first thought after the tour was postponed was that in all likelihood it would end up being too hard and be outright cancelled.

Reading this though it seems the band actually also understand how WE are also deeply saddened by the death of Micks partner, we're not just sad at the prospect of no shows, so they seem to feel OUR support of them. They in turn will support us, when they can.

Don't know I articulated that too well....

Perfectly well thumbs up

Re: OFFICIAL - AUS NZ TOUR POSTPONED
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:14

Montrealsuperfan
Any ideas of what I can do in Melbourne and Sydney next week, let me know.

If anyone from the States or Canada (or anywhere else) will be in Sydney this coming weekend, you can take in a baseball game. The Dodgers will be playing the D-Backs for the season openers on the 22nd and 23rd.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:38

The Sicilian
When they were rehearsing for the 1980 tour, Buffalo was again rumored to be on the tour stop but John Bonham died and it was over.

Buffalo was CONFIRMED for November 1, 1980 at the Memorial Auditorium. It's on their ill-fated 1980 tour itinerary but the tickets had not yet gone on sale.

Back on topic, it's all such a shame. The guys were just hitting their stride on this 14 On Fire tour and no matter what may happen now she will still be gone.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:06

A few moments ago on 77 WABC Radio in NYC Geraldo Rivera reported the band has arrived in town. He then read their statements concerning postponement of the tour and commented:

"Man, oh man I have never heard of Mick Jagger suffering an experience in this way...he must be racked with guilt...he's a trillionaire, she's got six million dollars of debt...I wonder if they'll ever play again"

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:17

StonedInTokyo
A few moments ago on 77 WABC Radio in NYC Geraldo Rivera reported the band has arrived in town. He then read their statements concerning postponement of the tour and commented:

"Man, oh man I have never heard of Mick Jagger suffering an experience in this way...he must be racked with guilt...he's a trillionaire, she's got six million dollars of debt...I wonder if they'll ever play again"

Was waiting for 'ole Geraldo to chime in...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:19

I read that she didn´t want his money.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:20

Geraldo has always been a sack of crap

man 80 was a rough year. Bonham and Lennon

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 19, 2014 19:27

StonedInTokyo

this is not the first crass dumbo comment on this tragedy and surely won't be the last.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:24

Stoffer, that has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever.

Posted by: Stoffer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:32

Was just a response to the comments abt Geraldo..sorry

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 19, 2014 20:33

Limbostone
Stoffer, that has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever.

It's a response to the Geraldo Rivera comment and, if correct, a very pertinent one!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 02:33

I wonder what happen now with flight tickets that many fans like bv have bought.
My personal experience was always negative, even if i was insured i never got
my money back

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:10

The latest from Frontier:

At this very sad time we would like to reassure Rolling Stones fans and ticket holders that every effort is currently being made to reschedule the postponed Australia and New Zealand dates for October/November 2014.

Rescheduled dates are being presently worked on for The Rolling Stones ’14 On Fire’ Tour of Australia & New Zealand and will be announced as soon as possible. If the new dates are not suitable, rest assured you will be able to secure a refund.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: March 20, 2014 05:25

If the cant reschedule the tour for October, is there any possibility to schedule the australian-new zealand leg for the next year with the addition of a latin america leg ?

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 20, 2014 07:21

Just came in:
"Dear Rolling Stones Fan,

At this very sad time we would like to reassure Rolling Stones fans and ticket holders that every effort is currently being made to reschedule the postponed Australia and New Zealand dates for October/November 2014. Exact dates have not been finalised and you will be informed when they are released.
Rescheduled dates are being presently worked on for The Rolling Stones '14 On Fire' Tour of Australia & New Zealand and will be announced as soon as possible. If the new dates are not suitable, rest assured you will be able to secure a refund."

Posted by: gilles ()
Date: March 20, 2014 07:33

as always the males are under females's domination even when they are dead
& we can see here that this texan guy did not dare to tell his wife he invited a french rider (traveller/TV documentaries producer) for dinner;

[pluzz.francetv.fr]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 20, 2014 07:58

big4
StonedInTokyo

Was waiting for 'ole Geraldo to chime in...

Oh yeah... And I guess is too much asked from journalists to make such stupid hasty conclusions, no matter how tempting that is...

- Doxa

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:14

Doxa

So, fvck any 'show must go on' - it is a question of human beings making quick decisions in very different and difficult cirmustances. Like Mick did now.

- Doxa

Is anybody actually suggesting that the show SHOULD go on? I've only seen understanding for the postponement, and of course unavoidable disappointment.

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:30

Let The 4 STONES Work this out

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:51

Lady Jayne
Green Lady
owlbynite
EddieByword
Jos
Big Al
I really don't think the Rolling Stones matter to Mick Jagger right now; and nor should they. Speculation over rescheduled shows shouldn't be on anyone's radar at this time. I'm sorry for those fans who have forked-out to attend a show(s), but you really don't matter to Mick Jagger right now.

thumbs up Odds are that concerts may not be on Mick's mind for a long time, if ever again. I cant even imagine what he is going through right now, but a life changer at the age of 70 will have a lasting impact. We may have seen the last of the Stones. Unfortunately, but totally understandable.

I had that thought too........knock out blow......

don't know, we've all had to rally up & return to work no matter what befell us in life...smiling smiley

Yes, but Mick doesn't have to go back to work at all if he doesn't want to. And going back to writing reports or selling cars or making widgets is rather different to going back to being the charismatic front man of a rock and roll band, where mood and personality are such an integral part of "the job".

I sort of agree but also feel that Mick 'has' to work for reasons very different to the rest of us. The way I see it he is an utterly driven professional and the core of his identity appears to be performing. I have always believed and still do that 'the knock out blow' for the Stones will come only with the death or permanent incapacitation of one of the original three. Every other personal tragedy (and there have been many over the years) will be ruthlessly driven back with work, Mick's ultimate drug.

yes, he's quite driven. and I always had high-profile jobs in the public eye & learned putting on a strong show when you didn't know if you could stay on your feet was part of the job. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:53

Late Oct/early Nov dates mooted in this article.

[themusic.com.au]

Posted by: jumpinjack ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:21

Mick needs time, time is on his side........we just need to be patient and show the real STONES spirit. TAKE CARE , MICK!

Re: Whatever happenned to "The show must go on"?
Posted by: jumpinjack ()
Date: March 20, 2014 11:38

Thru and Thru
Jeez, Mick is damned no matter what he does! Imagine this: What would people say if Mick had "gone on with the show"? I can just hear it now, something along the lines of what a cold SOB he is, he doesn't care about anyone except himself, etc., the list goes on.

Please let the poor man grieve in peace, I can't even begin to imagine what he must be going through right now. The show will go on when he's good and ready.

Posted by: gilles ()
Date: March 20, 2014 12:25

Mick Jagger is a very cynic & PROfessionnal (he's not a french (or other lazy country) civil servant who can stop working just coz he broke a nail...) artist;
even completely drunk, he does not behave like a clown on a scene...

He changed his girlfriends many times coz they were not cool enough to endure the Stones's crazy kinda life; he even wrote a song about his very first official girlfriend nervous bkdown

i think work, glory, the aim to always be the best in the world as for genius artists like ROGER FEDERER (he got a big fat Mamma although he could @#$%& the nicest girls in the world) or Reinhold MESSNER or Brian O'DRISCOLL or EDDY MERCKX or Lance Armstrong or Napoleon the First (very brilliant at chess,...) are the strongest forces

For people like this, WINning is the most important thing, & the show must always go on for them

I'm sure a "positive" guy like this will soon do the show anywhere

owlbynite
Lady Jayne
Green Lady
owlbynite
EddieByword
Jos
Big Al
I really don't think the Rolling Stones matter to Mick Jagger right now; and nor should they. Speculation over rescheduled shows shouldn't be on anyone's radar at this time. I'm sorry for those fans who have forked-out to attend a show(s), but you really don't matter to Mick Jagger right now.

thumbs up Odds are that concerts may not be on Mick's mind for a long time, if ever again. I cant even imagine what he is going through right now, but a life changer at the age of 70 will have a lasting impact. We may have seen the last of the Stones. Unfortunately, but totally understandable.

I had that thought too........knock out blow......

don't know, we've all had to rally up & return to work no matter what befell us in life...smiling smiley

Yes, but Mick doesn't have to go back to work at all if he doesn't want to. And going back to writing reports or selling cars or making widgets is rather different to going back to being the charismatic front man of a rock and roll band, where mood and personality are such an integral part of "the job".

I sort of agree but also feel that Mick 'has' to work for reasons very different to the rest of us. The way I see it he is an utterly driven professional and the core of his identity appears to be performing. I have always believed and still do that 'the knock out blow' for the Stones will come only with the death or permanent incapacitation of one of the original three. Every other personal tragedy (and there have been many over the years) will be ruthlessly driven back with work, Mick's ultimate drug.

yes, he's quite driven. and I always had high-profile jobs in the public eye & learned putting on a strong show when you didn't know if you could stay on your feet was part of the job. smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 12:36 by gilles.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 12:31

Strong. Driven. Cynical.

AND HUMAN

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 21, 2014 02:11

At short notice in response to Mick Jagger's personal tragedy we have arranged a fundraising night in Sydney to raise money for Beyond Blue (an Australian charity that raises awareness about depression and other mental illness) and for any Stones fans who are at a loose end on Tuesday night after the postponement of the Rolling Stones' Sydney concert. The band and sound engineer are not making a cent from this night, and every dollar raised will be donated to Beyond Blue. We hit the stage at 8.30pm with two big sets from different historical eras, kicking on until 11.30pm. If you haven't been to the Lazybones Lounge, you are in for a treat - this is a fantastic old school intimate venue with fabulous retro decor! ENTRY VIA GOLD COIN AT THE DOOR

[lazyboneslounge.com.au]

[www.facebook.com]

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 21, 2014 06:28

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 21:02 by colonial.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home