Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Australia & New Zealand "14 On Fire" shows postponed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2014 04:33

The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand
following the death of L’Wren Scott.

See the Rolling Stones press release:

The Rolling Stones call off their tour of Australia and New Zealand

[www.rollingstones.com]

Bjornulf

The Rolling Stones updates from Perth
Date: March 18, 2014 04:24

We are all sad and shocked as we get the latest news about Mick's girlfriend L'Wren Scott this morning in Perth and across the world. A day which should have been filled with joy and sunshine is suddenly tragic and dark. Our thoughts are with Mick and his family.

To express your condolences please use this thread:

R.I.P. L'Wren Scott
[www.iorr.org]

For updates regarding the Stones tour please see this thread and the IORR news. There will be updates here at all times.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 05:09 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones updates from Perth
Date: March 18, 2014 08:28

2:27pm Perth time update:

The band is still in Perth. Please ignore the numerous false rumours that are floating around. Please do NOT re-post rumours. The paparazzis - a dozen or so - are waiting for their pictures to be taken, I wish they could go home and leave people a minimum of privacy under such circumstances.

L'Wren Scott: Tributes pour in as Jagger denies split report
[www.bbc.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:54 by bv.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:47

2:21pm - Announcement by Frontier Touring, the Australian promoter on Facebook:

Perth show will not go on as scheduled

Frontier Touring and Concerts West regret to announce that The Rolling Stones concert in Perth will not be going ahead as scheduled for Wednesday 19 March 2014. No further information is available at this time, ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available. Ticket holders can check

[www.facebook.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:54 by bv.

Date: March 18, 2014 12:10

6:10pm Perth:

It is a sad day today in Perth. I am trying to write this as a reporter rather than as a fan, because I am out of tears now. I see sadness in the eyes and minds. Remember The Rolling Stones are a band and they are all so close. In Singapore three days ago Mick presented Chuck Leavell saying: "Without him no band". Turning it the other way around Mick is as important to the band as the air we breath. Feel free to express your feelings in the sticky thread here. As for updates, you will get all the information available for the public here as soon as it is available.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 12:14 by bv.

Tour stopped.
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:10

The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.

The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.

The postponed shows are:

Perth Arena – 19 March - postponed
Adelaide Oval – 22 March - postponed
Sydney Allphones Arena – 25 March - postponed
Melbourne Rod Laver Arena – 28 March - postponed
Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock – 30 March - postponed
Brisbane Entertainment Centre – 2 April - postponed
Auckland Mt Smart Stadium – 5 April - postponed

Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice. A new schedule of dates is presently being worked on and will be advised as soon as possible. Information will be made available via rollingstones.com and frontiertouring.com as soon as available.

Re: Tour stopped.
Date: March 18, 2014 21:50

didnt think this was legit when i first read it, but just saw it confirmed....wow

.....keep on rolling.....

OFFICIAL - AUS NZ TOUR POSTPONED
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:23

See

[www.rollingstones.com]

and a very poignant message from a very clearly distressed Mick

[www.facebook.com]

Re: OFFICIAL - AUS NZ TOUR POSTPONED
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:27

[www.frontiertouring.com]

THE ROLLING STONES | AUS/NZ tour postponed
19 Mar 14

THE ROLLING STONES CALL OFF THEIR TOUR OF
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.

The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.

The postponed shows are:

Perth Arena – 19 March - postponed
Adelaide Oval – 22 March - postponed
Sydney Allphones Arena – 25 March - postponed
Melbourne Rod Laver Arena – 28 March - postponed
Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock – 30 March - postponed
Brisbane Entertainment Centre – 2 April - postponed
Auckland Mt Smart Stadium – 5 April - postponed

Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice. A new schedule of dates is presently being worked on and will be advised as soon as possible. Information will be made available via rollingstones.com and frontiertouring.com as soon as available.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2014 20:27

some clarity for those that have none:

Postponed = Good
Cancelled = Bad

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:05

Even though the reason for postponing the concerts is perfectly understandable and necessary, I still feel for the fans in NZ/AU, you must all be dissapointed. I hope that those with tickets will be able to see them once the concerts are rescheduled.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:14

I can imagine that of a lot of The Rolling Stones fans who were going to the show were getting some sleep and haven't heard the news.

I do hope that they haven't lost out too much financially and I'm sure the majority will understand.

It certainly has been a very sad couple of days for all of us,and of course most of all Mick and family and friends who knew L'Wren.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:42

This was always going to be the case unfortunately. No way does "the show go on" under these circumstances. Condolences to fans Down Under waking up to this bad news.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:57

Personally I think a few people might have a lack of understanding.

What happened yesterday is very sad but just in case this would happen in my family I would get two days off from my job.

Condolences to those from all over the world who spent much money to get Down Under.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:08

I cannot imagine the personal nightmare that Mick Jagger is currently going through. I had a friend kill himself and that was hard enough, but to have your partner do it? Hope he finds a way through this. So I totally understand why the tour cannot go ahead.
Still gutted that I won't be seeing them (+ MT) any time soon but, totally understand and support the decision.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:23

Sorry to ask that, but what happens if I can't make the rescheduled date? I'm in New Zealand for a semester abroad, I might leave before. Am I getting my money back?

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:27

Karlos123
Sorry to ask that, but what happens if I can't make the rescheduled date? I'm in New Zealand for a semester abroad, I might leave before. Am I getting my money back?

Usually when a concert is postponed, when the new date is announced, they give you the choice between a refund or attend the concert.
Fortunately!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:29

Karlos123

That will be an option, no doubt. I'm sure the promoters will have more information on that soon.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:33

andrewt
Karlos123

That will be an option, no doubt. I'm sure the promoters will have more information on that soon.

They commented on someone's question on Facebook. This option will be available!

The big problem bothering me is, you can't postpone Hanging Rock and Auckland too long as it is outside. And Europe starts end of May, too.

There are 4 options:
1) Reschedule fast and put outside venues at the beginning of the tour. So that they can happen in April.
2) Move to indoor venues and do multiple shows.
3) Postpone to the end of 2014.
4) Cancel.

What a bad bad week for Stones fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 22:34 by Karlos123.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:51

I woke up in Sydney this morning reading the news of the postponement in the paper and Jaggers heartfelt message. I was suppose to go to the Sydney show and the Hanger Rock show with my girlfriend and two friends. They kept asking me yesterday if the show would go on or likely be cancelled. For some reason I kept thinking that they would cancel Perth and Adelaide but, trooper that Jagger is, but continue with the rest of the tour. This feeling was purely based on stuff like him going on stage after his dad passed away even though I thought it would be more than understandable if they would cancel.
I felt so much sympathy for Jagger when I read his message. We never see him open up this much.
I can not describe how much I was looking forward this concert, especially because my girlfriend and friends had never seen them before, but this makes you realise how insignificant fun stuff like going to concerts can be when there are many people like L'Wren Scott who struggle so much in life that they would take their own...
We're still going to Melbourne for the weekend and just have a lovely weekend down there and we're looking forward to the stones coming back to Australia, whenever Jagger feels ready for it.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:52

us Stones fans in Aus are shattered.
Shattered for Mick, the Stones family and so sad we are missing out on what was shaping up as a fantastic Aussie tour.
Stay strong Mick, when you do return you will get the biggest roar of your life.
We love you !

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:58

Wuudy
I woke up in Sydney this morning reading the news of the postponement in the paper and Jaggers heartfelt message. I was suppose to go to the Sydney show and the Hanger Rock show with my girlfriend and two friends. They kept asking me yesterday if the show would go on or likely be cancelled. For some reason I kept thinking that they would cancel Perth and Adelaide but, trooper that Jagger is, but continue with the rest of the tour. This feeling was purely based on stuff like him going on stage after his dad passed away even though I thought it would be more than understandable if they would cancel.
I felt so much sympathy for Jagger when I read his message. We never see him open up this much.
I can not describe how much I was looking forward this concert, especially because my girlfriend and friends had never seen them before, but this makes you realise how insignificant fun stuff like going to concerts can be when there are many people like L'Wren Scott who struggle so much in life that they would take their own...
We're still going to Melbourne for the weekend and just have a lovely weekend down there and we're looking forward to the stones coming back to Australia, whenever Jagger feels ready for it.

I think you've summed it up very well. I really do feel for the fans who were planning to see them in Oz and NZ. I just know how much I always look forward to seeing them when I've got tickets - and people will of course be so disappointed. It is completely understandable why the concerts aren't going ahead - but I do hope that the shows do get rescheduled for another date (whenever that may be).

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:59

thumbs up

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:33

With the likely loss to the Stones of the $500,000 incentive for "logistics" that was to be paid by our state govt as an enticement to open the Adelaide Oval, does this mean that the Adelaide concert is effectively cancelled for good?

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:52

A postponement of 6 months or more would put any tour in doubt - there's no guarantee from a health point of view that Keith or even Charlie will be up to another tour in 12 months time.

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:56

It all depends on logistics and Jaggers state of mind but I think they will try to reschedule just before the European Tour or just after.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:20

My head says April. Before Europe.

Aus NZ was March 19- April 5

It's simplistic, but around April 19- May 5 could work if all planets align.

Still gives them time off before Europe.

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:25

We have one limiting factor that comes to mind in Adelaide and that is a suitable venue.
We deferred cricket and football, and paid $500000 incentive plus $600000 in overtime to get the venue ready.
With the commitment to AFL football, as the only venue for our 2 teams, there is unlikely to be a solid week available to set up etc at Adelaide Oval until next March.
Aami Stadium can hold the 50000 but is set to be demolished and honestly unpleasant and cold out at West Lakes.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:27

Yikes- I dropped $700 (Canadian) on a great ticket for Melbourne plus another $7000++ in airfare and hotel. Hopefully there is something else to do in Australia as my stuff is non refundable..... Also Viagogo "unfortunately cannot process any refunds as show has been postponded, not cancelled."

In any event that's life and some things are more important ....

Any ideas of what I can do in Melbourne and Sydney next week, let me know.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:56

Well I live in Vietnam with my son. My sister just landed yesterday evening in Saigon from Montreal and now the three of us have to cancel current bookings for flights and hotel.

Shit happens......

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home