Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cost of postponement
Posted by: pjb ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:06

DeanGoodman
pjb
Yes the fans are having to pay big time i have six no refund flights already, Was flying over from NZ Sat a big expensive pain for everyone .

Empathies. A lot of us were in the same boat when Keith fell out of the tree. I was going to cancel my flights, but decided, - "F. It, I'm going to Europe anyway." If you can swing it with your budget and vacation allotment, I'd recommend just going anyway. But it's a tough call with lots of unknowns - will they even return, and will the new dates mesh with your obligations?

PS that reminds me. I was stranded in AC, like montrealsuperfan, and saw Paul Stanley instead. Desperate times!

Dean the day ended on a brighter note both Jetstar and Air New Zealand are at least giving travel vouchers to the value of your flights bought in going to the stones concerts.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:57

We have been very, very lucky that we did not start our journey to Australia. So more or less we get a refund on the tickets and the flighttickets minus the cancellation fee which is minor. I did only make reservations for hotels carrental which was easy to cancel.

As for the Stones there will be a book openend up by lawyers of both Frontier Touring, Insurances and the Stones ones. As I have to do with contracts and the different laws in different countries I am able to say the following: The move to cancel only Perth at first was already done with the lawyers to avoid mutiple penalties to be borne by the band to staff, management and onsite organisers. This gave them time to call the tour not off, but only to POSTBONE the dates. Despite the fact that the Stones may be able to pay for it, they will also try to minimize the monetary effect. By all grief, they're not stupid.

All of that the lawyers will closely follow the band's especially Mick's decision how to continue. Then within the next weeks or even only days they will either have new dates or they might delay it until further notice to sort out the situation.

By all means these are very hard decisions and by no means they have to be made very unemotional in times when emotions rise high.

Whatever it will be I wish that the Stones and Mick especially will make their own and their decisions without feeling guilty to anybody. It is not us it is only them counting now. And this is to respect.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:27

pjb
DeanGoodman
pjb
Yes the fans are having to pay big time i have six no refund flights already, Was flying over from NZ Sat a big expensive pain for everyone .

Empathies. A lot of us were in the same boat when Keith fell out of the tree. I was going to cancel my flights, but decided, - "F. It, I'm going to Europe anyway." If you can swing it with your budget and vacation allotment, I'd recommend just going anyway. But it's a tough call with lots of unknowns - will they even return, and will the new dates mesh with your obligations?

PS that reminds me. I was stranded in AC, like montrealsuperfan, and saw Paul Stanley instead. Desperate times!

Dean the day ended on a brighter note both Jetstar and Air New Zealand are at least giving travel vouchers to the value of your flights bought in going to the stones concerts.

I was in Atlantic City also. We went to Constitution Hall - if it weren't for the Stones, I would have never seen the Liberty Bell! But that wasn't too good. On the other hand, when they cancelled shows Thanksgiving weekend in Honolulu, we went anyway - that was great - if you have to be anywhere with nothing to do, Hawaii is the place.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 19, 2014 16:51

U2 postponed their march/april 2006 OZ/NZ/JAPAN/HAWAII 10-show stadium tour with a couple of days' notice, due to a severe illness in one of the band's immediate family. stage, crew and band were already downunder.
those 10 shows were supposed to be the last of their year-long, 130 show 2005/2006 "Vertigo" world tour.
the leg was rescheduled to november/december 2006, with 3 additional shows.
the new schedule was announced in august 2006.
tour director George Travis later explained that the real problem had not been so much rescheduling per se and dealing with insurances, but getting all the tour crew back together.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 16:53 by superglen.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home