Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cost of postponement
Date: March 18, 2014 21:55

can u imagine the cost of getting all the stuff/gear/stages/people, ect to austriala and then having to postpone....i gotta imagine there is some sort of insurance for this. i know when Syracuse was cancelled the night before in 1998, they already had half of the stage built

Thoughts?

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: Cost of postponement
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2014 21:58

A handful of Sharpies can fix the Tshirts pretty quick...

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:01

I would expect they're pretty well insured. Probably more costly for fans from other countries who flew out there for the purpose of going only to miss out. I know some people who used the FF miles to get there, but won't have enough to go again if they reschedule.

From what I gather, those people aren't annoyed though, just disappointed somewhat as would be expected but understand the circumstances. I don't think they would want to go to a show with Mick just going through the motions.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:04

With over $40 million dollars not realized as a result----guarantee a law suit(s) will commence. Probably some insurance claim related issues - but this is my guess.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:32

Thoughts? yeah, it will result in a lot of costs, some covered by insurance some not. Anything else is just peoples' guesses.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:39

The insurance and contractual language will be tricky.

With working knowledge on these types of contracts (though certainly not as big as the Rolling Stones) reason(s) for cancellations and postponements are clearly indicated.

The reason why I said this will be tricky was that L'Wren was not a family member which is most always listed as a viable reason for cancellations (for a lack of a better phrase)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:45

Yes when I read about insurance, I thought the same thing, what could they claim insurance on? It's not like it was due to weather, or one of the band being ill, or even a close family member.

Depends on what sort of insurance they had, but I doubt insurance would cover it.

Probably do have some sort of contingency fund that gets distributed as a bonus if not used.

Date: March 18, 2014 22:52

treaclefingers
Yes when I read about insurance, I thought the same thing, what could they claim insurance on? It's not like it was due to weather, or one of the band being ill, or even a close family member.

Depends on what sort of insurance they had, but I doubt insurance would cover it.

Probably do have some sort of contingency fund that gets distributed as a bonus if not used.

If the terminology states "domestic partner" then that shouldn't be too hard to prove since they were together for a very long time.

That being said.... it would partially explain why Mick's people were so adamant that they were in fact still together at the end.

But that's a thought for another day!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2014 22:59

treaclefingers

I think it will come to a huge crowd funding action by the fans to keep the Stones financially satisfied.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:01

kleermaker
treaclefingers

I think it will come to a huge crowd funding action by the fans to keep the Stones financially satisfied.
yeah, that is called ticket sales.

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:03

Aside from the potential insurance issues - another angle perhaps to think about is the cost of lost 'potential' revenue. While I do think the Stones will honor the dates they have booked---if---and a big if----they decide to not take anymore dates - or hang it up - revenue is lost. I hesitate to post this thread as it sound callous to think of lost revenue when there has been a tragic and unexpected death - but it is something to think about.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:18

CindyC

If the terminology states "domestic partner" then that shouldn't be too hard to prove since they were together for a very long time.

That being said.... it would partially explain why Mick's people were so adamant that they were in fact still together at the end.

I don't think they would even qualify as domestic partners.

While the definition varies greatly in various jurisdictions, one of the basic requirements in most is cohabitation. Her residence was clearly established in New York State and his was elsewhere.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:20

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
treaclefingers

chortle

Date: March 18, 2014 23:27

OneHourPhoto

While the definition varies greatly in various jurisdictions, one of the basic requirements in most is cohabitation. Her residence was clearly established in New York State and his was elsewhere.

I thought they did live together at their various residences (not necessarily owned together). Up until she started her own line, i thought she was mostly in London at his house.

I didn't follow their relationship that closely, but that was my impression from reading various things thru the years.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:32

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
treaclefingers

No it's not.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:39

It probably wont cost the band much, Id bet they play these shows sooner than later, but I do feel for the fans, esp the fans who traveled so far and may not be able to see the postsponed shows.

Date: March 18, 2014 23:44

Max'sKansasCity
It probably wont cost the band much, Id bet they play these shows sooner than later, but I do feel for the fans, esp the fans who traveled so far and may not be able to see the postsponed shows.

i do too.

Date: March 18, 2014 23:54

speaking of lawsuits, wasent there talk of a lawsuit after the postponement of the Atlantic City gig in 06?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:56

Max'sKansasCity
It probably wont cost the band much, Id bet they play these shows sooner than later, but I do feel for the fans, esp the fans who traveled so far and may not be able to see the postponed shows.

That's the biggest problem all the fans who paid a lot for travelling......

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 23:57

treaclefingers

Insurance will cover most of the losses due to the cancelled tour...but not all. Without knowledge of the actual contracts it is hard to say, but my guess is much of the losses will have to be absorbed by the Rolling Stones organisation...which can be "written off" as a business expense. The local promoters will also lose some money but much of it will be recovered when they reschedule the dates. The Stones may end up playing some additional shows to cover the extra expenses of transporting the equipment and personnel overseas. Unfortunately, there will be a number of fans who will lose money on non-refundable airline tickets and hotel rooms but they may be able to recoup some of their expenses, and hopefully most will be able to see the shows when they are rescheduled. There will not be any lawsuits or legal problems provided the band makes up the cancelled shows, or pays out for any loses by all involved parties. Of course there will be quite a few disappointed fans and some will be out money as well as time invested. In the end I'm sure just about everybody involved is sympathetic and understands there was no alternative in this situation and is doing their best to keep up positive feelings.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 01:35 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:14

CindyC
OneHourPhoto

I thought they did live together at their various residences (not necessarily owned together). Up until she started her own line, i thought she was mostly in London at his house.

I didn't follow their relationship that closely, but that was my impression from reading various things thru the years.

That was my impression too that they lived in London, mainly, and in Paris, as well as in other places.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:21

Yes the fans are having to pay big time i have six no refund flights already, Was flying over from NZ Sat a big expensive pain for everyone .

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:25

You Got to Roll Me
speaking of lawsuits, wasent there talk of a lawsuit after the postponement of the Atlantic City gig in 06?

So what was that talk and how does it compare to this situation?

So your deal is you use that pic to keep people prone to epileptic fits off the site ???

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:29

pjb
Yes the fans are having to pay big time i have six no refund flights already, Was flying over from NZ Sat a big expensive pain for everyone .

Dang...that stings...

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:39

What price for a human life?

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:29

pjb

Empathies. A lot of us were in the same boat when Keith fell out of the tree. I was going to cancel my flights, but decided, - "F. It, I'm going to Europe anyway." If you can swing it with your budget and vacation allotment, I'd recommend just going anyway. But it's a tough call with lots of unknowns - will they even return, and will the new dates mesh with your obligations?

PS that reminds me. I was stranded in AC, like montrealsuperfan, and saw Paul Stanley instead. Desperate times!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:39

This is my second strike out. I was already in Atlantic City in Nov 06 ( if memory serves me correclty on the date) when the show was cancelled. Decided to stay for the weekend anyways- had a blast and glad I stayed. This one is going to be tougher as I haven't left yet , but at least I will get some sun in Australia.

Don't want to let those plane tickets go to waste......

Like Dean says, next to impossible to fit in the new dates (whenever they are) with work, family obligations etc.

Date: March 19, 2014 01:52

Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

So your deal is you use that pic to keep people prone to epileptic fits off the site ???

what is that suppose to mean? can u clarify?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 19, 2014 02:03

You Got to Roll Me
Rokyfan
You Got to Roll Me

what is that suppose to mean? can u clarify?

There's a whole of lot of unanswered questions here--in these posts, I mean.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 19, 2014 04:55

CindyC
treaclefingers

This is not my area of expertise, but the phrase I've seen is "non-spousal partner residing with the insured". L'Wren would meet that definition if they were still residing together. Insurance might cover much of the losses

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 16:24 by drbryant.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home