Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Disgruntled
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:25

It is sad that IORR has became a place where you can no longer freely express your opinions/thoughts relating to the Rolling Stones.

I think it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad. It seems that having any negative opinions relating to them is simply taboo.
Regardless of whether the validity is deserved or not.

My opinions may not always be popular, but I should be able to express them as long as they are not off-topic.

Re: Disgruntled
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:27

It has become something of a one party state. If you don't agree with the "core" view then you get slated.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:34

I've seen some heated debate on here before - but those "go away, go to hell" and such comments are new to me. shame on you guys.

carry on and ignore those twerps, Cindy.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:35

CindyC
It is sad that IORR has became a place where you can no longer freely express your opinions/thoughts relating to the Rolling Stones.

I think it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad. It seems that having any negative opinions relating to them is simply taboo.

My opinions may not always be popular, but I should be able to express them as long as they are not off-topic.

Dear CindyC,

Thanks for changing your posts.
I totally agree with you "it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad."
I just thought what you wanted to say you could have said with some other words since someone died. On a very bad moment in time for all people who knew her this was not good to read.
On that moment at that place we should not worry about our good or bad opinions; I think that is a valid exception.

Thank you again!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:40

Agreed. All the piling-on was a shock, as I didn't see anything wrong with your comments.

Edit: I agree with the original post. Not necessarily the post right before mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:41 by Sipuncula.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:41

There were other moments, in days past, Dreamer, when Cindy C and some of us other people were sincerely exploring any evidence of circumstances that may have led to problems or resulted from them. We are typically not complainers about deleted threads.

Thanks, Cindy.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:50 by angee.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:43

I offer you two thumbs up thumbs upthumbs up CindyC.

Although I was silently in your corner on "another thread" (apologies for not jumping in on your behalf but I didn't think you actually needed any help), I have to say, I'm glad you deleted your posts as to not give others cause to have you banned from here. No matter how wrong I thought them to be, I was not looking forward to the results of the lynch mob that I suspect was forming to have you removed from this site. I'd have missed you if they got their way.

Unfortunately, the days of "agree to disagree" are seemingly on a decline here at IORR. Hopefully you'll stick around. Kind of like the band we all come here to talk about, it may not be what it was in "the good ole days", but it's still pretty good!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 17, 2014 21:43

Dreamer
CindyC

Dear CindyC,

Thanks for changing your posts.
I totally agree with you "it is important to be able to discuss the good as well as the bad."
I just thought what you wanted to say you could have said with some other words since someone died. On a very bad moment in time for all people who knew her this was not good to read.
On that moment at that place we should not worry about our good or bad opinions; I think that is a valid exception.

Thank you again!

My post about the blind item the other day got a similar reception, so I'm not completely convinced that the reaction was just because it was perhaps too soon to be making those comments. I think it's that some people just can't bear to hear bad things about Mick or the RSs.

But thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:44 by CindyC.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:47

I agree. There should be freedom of speech if topics are on point and do not contravene the law. I find it ironic when some Stones fans suddenly plead what is in 'good taste' as a rule for posting on this board.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:48

agreeing to disagree is so 2007 around here

Individual thoughts are very dangerous but they only make you stronger...and a bit quieter...slightly apathetic...a few other things too, like thirsty...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:50

I missed your post 'about the blind item' so now you made me curious? This was about the MJ&LS relationship?
And oh yes I experienced it myself that some people here don't want to hear any other sounds but cheering...

Posted by: latebloomer ()

Don't know how accurate this story is, but, if true, it would certainly have added to her depression.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

mr_dja
Unfortunately, the days of "agree to disagree" are seemingly on a decline here at IORR. Hopefully you'll stick around. Kind of like the band we all come here to talk about, it may not be what it was in "the good ole days", but it's still pretty good!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Although it was tempting to write an "I'M OUTTA HERE" thread, I vowed never to do that as I think those are silly. I win by not leaving out of spite.;-)

I do think it's somewhat obnoxious that I created a whole thread for this, but I couldn't do it in the other post so I had to.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:51

Your points may be worthy of discussion - but on another day, though. Today is not about you.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:54

You're an important part of the iorr massive and I'm glad it's staying that way.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:54

Oh brother

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:56

Dreamer
I missed your post 'about the blind item' so now you made me curious? This was about the MJ&LS relationship?
And oh yes I experienced it myself that some people here don't want to hear any other sounds but cheering...

Hi Dreamer:

Sad day, huh? The post the other day was about MJ/LS relationship PERHAPS. It was a blind item.

Just my 2 cents as an answer; I'm not Cindy C.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:56

One thing is to discuss / critisize Stones within reasonable measures on this board and that's fine. That has been done through all the years and still is allowed.

Another thing is to throw stones and call the band members "shit this" and "shit that". That quite some time happens. And then it is very understandable BV closes the thread. He doesn't support a board, where some people totally disrespect the band he liks so much.

By the way, the same people are the biggest whiners, if you do the same thing on Macca, U2 etc.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:58

latebloomer
Don't know how accurate this story is, but, if true, it would certainly have added to her depression.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Or caused it, putting a different light on that blind article who now it seems may have been totally off mark...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:05

Dreamer

In a nutshell, it was a post on a New York gossip blog alluding to the fact that someone very much fitting the description of LS had a severe breakdown as a result of cheating from someone very much fitting the description of MJ, without any actual names being used.
The post was written with a snide, almost gleeful cruelty, that could easily be considered in bad taste. I can see both sides - that people can't "unsee" what they've read, and that it's too soon to start discussing this in an open forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 22:06 by andrewt.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:06

DeanGoodman
Your points may be worthy of discussion - but on another day, though. Today is not about you.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up but it's sometimes not easy for people to get this into their minds.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:07

DeanGoodman

But its ok to use the board to publicise your books and website as we currently have a record number of visitors?

Date: March 17, 2014 22:12

CindyC
Although it was tempting to write an "I'M OUTTA HERE" thread, I vowed never to do that as I think those are silly. I win by not leaving out of spite.;-)

I do think it's somewhat obnoxious that I created a whole thread for this, but I couldn't do it in the other post so I had to.

Yes, this thread is silly no matter if the title is "I'M OUTTA HERE" or "Disgruntled".

Sometimes it's much better to keep ones mouth shut...

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:12

You ever have the feeling you missed something? confused smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:15

DeanGoodman

So you're gonna dictate the tone and content of the discussion? so it's about you then?........I guess you missed the irony of that? ....... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:16

latebloomer

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Aah the Daily Nazi.. British journalism at its finest..

Date: March 17, 2014 22:18

Roadster32
DeanGoodman

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up but it's sometimes not easy for people to get this into their minds.

I did not make the other thread about ME. My original posts were my opinions on the Mick and L'Wren situation. When I was personally attacked for expressing those opinions others UNINTENTIONALLY made it about me.

I don't need a bunch of people I don't know on the internet talking about me to give me a false sense of importance.

Again, the INITIAL thread was not a condolence thread, it was a discussion thread about the news that she died. Two different matters.

Date: March 17, 2014 22:25

CindyC
Again, the INITIAL thread was not a condolence thread, it was a discussion thread about the news that she died. Two different matters.

Well I count about 95% RIP posts in this thread. If that isn't a condulence thread - no matter what the title was, than I don't know.

Btw your constant use of capitals is not very nice and annoying. Think about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 22:26 by Roadster32.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:29

Roadster32
CindyC

Well I count about 95% RIP posts in this thread. If that isn't a condulence thread - no matter what the title was, than I don't know.

Btw your constant use of capitals is not very nice and annoying. Think about it.

................OH, @#$%& ING HELL.......

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 22:50 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:29

vertigojoe

But its ok to use the board to publicise your books and website as we currently have a record number of visitors?

Happy now?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home