Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:55

If as speculated their relationship was on the rocks, please, no finger-pointing. Elvis' handlers remarked that "You cannot save a man from himself." We're talking a very dark and sad pathology here people; none that any associates of Ms. Scott's seemed to detect, she being perceived as social, giving, and strong. But obviously, great suffering was going on at the same time. It's tragic. By all accounts and appearances she was a unique woman. While it's easy to say that the whole thing seems unnecessary, many among us manage personal demons...

But to call the assistant...imagine that scene. I find that selfish. Sorry to offend...I feel for the assistant, as I do for the desperate moment Ms. Scott found herself in.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:58

Press conference in Perth in just over an hour to announce whether the current Australian tour will proceed, be postponed, or cancelled.

Cheers
Mark
[rollingstoned.com.au]
[facebook.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:11

paulm
If as speculated their relationship was on the rocks, please, no finger-pointing. Elvis' handlers remarked that "You cannot save a man from himself." We're talking a very dark and sad pathology here people; none that any associates of Ms. Scott's seemed to detect, she being perceived as social, giving, and strong. But obviously, great suffering was going on at the same time. It's tragic. By all accounts and appearances she was a unique woman. While it's easy to say that the whole thing seems unnecessary, many among us manage personal demons...

But to call the assistant...imagine that scene. I find that selfish. Sorry to offend...I feel for the assistant, as I do for the desperate moment Ms. Scott found herself in.

I would understand you're feeling that...I'd say she was pretty desperate and obviously not in the right state of mind.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:12

Very sad.
It 's going to be difficult for Mick to perform normal shows and pretend to be excited and happy while grieving for the loss of his girlfriend.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:29

Just confirmed on Aussie news, Jagger is flying to New York. Formal statement in half an hour!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:34

stonehearted
big4
BILLPERKS
THE SHOW GOES ON.
THE ROLLING STONES HAVE ALWAYS STEPPED OVER THE BODIES.

MY SYMPATHIES TO ALL INVOLVED.

This is different I would think. Mick Jagger is obviously an incredibly strong man but losing the woman you love suddenly and by her own hand is just...probably indiscrible what he's feeling right now. I'm not trying to minimize the tragic death of Keith's infant son or the death of parents, but I'd say this in unprecedented as far as tragedy level for the band. Think about it Keith practically gave up guitar while Patti was battling cancer. How will Mick react to this? If they do play the next show as scheduled I'd imagine it will be one of the most emotionally intense raw performances the band, espeically Mick, has ever given. Condolences to all involved.

The Who (Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend) were back onstage just 2 days after their bass player John Entwistle was found dead right before the start of a tour in 2002. Then again, their music involves emotional catharsis, and a Stones set list generally involves having a good time.

Nonetheless, that wasn't the reason Daltrey and Townshend didn't cancel their tour. There were a host of other people to think about who were depending on the tour for their livelihood, like the roadies and staff, the people who drove the equipment around.

Besides the promoters, there is a virtual corporation of employees who won't get paid if the tour is cancelled. There are a lot of people in their employ to consider, and I'm sure Mick will have the professionalism to see his tour commitments through. It would be surprising if they cancelled. It is not so easy to do so when their entourage is so large.

I see your point but I think there's a huge difference emotionally between what Rog and Pete endured compared to what Mick is going through. The level of intimacy shared between a couple is hugely different than with a long-time bandmate, no matter how close you were as friends, and I believe than even those bankrolling this tour, as well as the other employees of Rolling Stones Inc. would be understanding of the fact that Jagger is devastated and would want some time to mourn.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:35

+ Rest In Peace + Now The Years Rush On By...................

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:37

Sad.

Wuudy, thanks for that info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:39 by Milan.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:46

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:01 by Rockman.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:49

2120Wolf
+ Rest In Peace + Now The Years Rush On By...................

Yeah those lyrics popped into my head earlier too...ironically, and tragically that song, particularly the chorus, takes on a whole new meaning now.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:51

treaclefingers
You seem to prefer that in this situation decorum be thrown out and I'll disagree with that.

I do think you're trying to have it both ways though, by calling me out on what you call 'moral superiority'. If you prefer there to be no filters, then the rest of us who find this distasteful, this gratuitous speculation, just hours after her passing probably have just as much a right to say so.

Now that I've let out a bit of your hot air, seems so much less stuffy in here. Huh?

Oh, could we just drop this pretense in feeling that we actually have a personal relationship with people we don't even know, let alone never having met? Mick Jagger is a public figure, an entertainer, and we, the public, are the entertained. That, as far as we are concerned, is the extent of any "relationship" here, such that it is.

This is a fan forum and speculation is our business, and business is always booming, 7 days a week.

Perhaps fans who vicariously project their thoughts so intensely into the private sphere of a personal loss involving people they have no personal relationship with are probably taking the private details of these public figures too personally. It's none of our business, really.

Think of it this way, from the point of view of one who finds the music more important than a musician/performer's personal business: Perhaps Mick will channel his loss into creative efforts and Stones fans may be blessed with another late period classic like Out Of Control.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:53

Rockman
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

why do they have to post these pictures? I can`t understand that.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:54

Mick- Take care of yourself, and all of the family involved, as you clearly are the rock, and your leadership skills will help everyone get through this. I can't even imagine trying to play the next couple shows, and maybe any of the next few weeks worth of shows, but that's really only your call. Just make the best decision for yourself, and don't worry about anybody else.

And may the Lord give you the strength to get through the next few days...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:56 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 03:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:57

hockenheim95
Rockman
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

why do they have to post these pictures? I can`t understand that.

I agree absolutely 100% ..........be well Mick.....you're in our prayers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 02:57 by mjmjr.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:01

Daily Mail scumbags...

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:02

Haven't read the news reports. Has it been confirmed that this is a suicide? Or perhaps an "accidental" hanging (Michael Hutchence style?)

Either way, it is sad that she is gone.

Please, a statement from BV on L'Wren Scott
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:22

BV, please inform us of any update you might have on this tragic matter.

Re: Please, a statement from BV on L'Wren Scott
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:25

Oh FFS he is not the Prime Minister or the US President!!

Date: March 17, 2014 21:28

BlackHat

Please keep this informative thread free from stupid comments on this sad matter.

We all feel so deeply sad for the family, but we are Stones fans. We don't want tragedies for our heroes but we want to know what's going on.

And since this is BV's place he perhaps knows something.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:28

What on earth do you expect BV to say?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:30

yeah, sorry Michrud, bv is just a fan like us.

If he does have any insider info, i'm sure he wouldn't want to jeopardize that relationship by putting it out on the internets. I know I wouldn't.

Date: March 17, 2014 21:30

Stoneburst
What on earth do you expect BV to say?

I don't expect anything from him. I would just like be kept posted and since he is the one with insider access - he MIGHT know what's going on in the camp!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:31

Dude, are you for real? What do you want bv to say and what do you think is going on "in the camp" other than total grief and desperation ?!

Besides I'm sure he'll appreciate not having to deal with dozens of threads on the subject when he wakes up.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:34 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:31

It is 3:30 am in Perth. Maybe even BV sleeps!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:32

michrud
BlackHat

Please keep this informative thread free from stupid comments on this sad matter.

We all feel so deeply sad for the family, but we are Stones fans. We don't want tragedies for our heroes but we want to know what's going on.

And since this is BV's place he perhaps knows something.

This is not an informative thread. Perhaps BV has more sense than to go around making statements. Has it occurred to you that as a high profile Stones fan he might not want to be seen to make "a statement". My comments were not stupid. But your request for a statement was.

Date: March 17, 2014 21:33

I appreciate how you feel about BV letting us know or not. I'm sorry but eager to know what's up and down in my Rolling Stones world right now.

Forgive me.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:35

BV seems to be very sensitive to what is the right thing to do and I'm sure will say something dignified and appropriate in due course

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:39

Stop michrud just stop

Date: March 17, 2014 21:42

I'm sorry I offended so many of you with this thread. I didn't intend to. I just want to be updated on the Mick and on the state of The Rolling Stones. I'm sorry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home