Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:44

Shocking news. RIP L'Wren

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:51

Rest in peace L'Wren

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:53

What shocking news. RIP L'Wren. Condolences and sympathy to all her family and friends.

To my fellow Dartfordian Mick - so sorry for you at this sad time. Be strong and take care of yourself.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:54

Shocked... sad sad sad... No more words now...

And for those speculating 'how Mick feels', I haven't seen this picked up yet::

A spokesperson for Jagger said he is "completely shocked and devastated" by the news. The pair had been dating since 2001.

- Doxa

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:54

angee
CindyC
EddieByword
CindyC
I deleted my comments since this has been consolidated to a condolence thread.
Well, in that case, not that you seemed to need anyone in your corner...........

No Eddie, I can certainly use it, i'm being crucified today! And thanks Loose!

Hey, Cindy C, I think you know I have appreciated all of your comments.

On Mick, may he do what he thinks is best. I know he will, in this very sad
time.

thumbs up

And don't let them knock you off your feet Cindy.............

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:56

jazzbass
I just need to make it clear that I am sadder than anyone else about this tragic event so please do not try to one up me in the sad department.

Some much needed levity. Cheers.

Posted by: FiFiLoves ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:58

This is just so very sad. My sympathies to Mick and also to L'Wren's family.
RIP L'Wren.

Date: March 17, 2014 22:01

Went to CNN to look for Malaysian Airlines updates and did not expect to see this as breaking news. Have a lump in my throat. Shocking, sad sad smiley

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:01

Condolences to L'Wren Scott's family and friends. If the show must go on then perhaps 'Love In Vain' (with MT) would be a fitting tribute to his former lover?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 22:03 by muffie.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:02

RIP

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:04

muffie
Condolences to L'Wren Scott's family and friends. If the show must go on then perhaps 'Love In Vain' (with MT) would be a fitting tribute to his former lover?

I was wondering who the first person to turn this into a 'more Mick Taylor' thread would be

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:05

Stoneburst
muffie

I was wondering who the first person to turn this into a 'more Mick Taylor' thread would be

I tried Ronnie 4 pages back...that didn't work either...

Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:09

Rest In Peace L'Wren.
Can't really believe it sad smiley

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:10

Stoneburst
muffie

Wonder who would be the first to point the finger in the wrong direction? As mentioned, a fitting tribute to his former lover:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 22:13 by muffie.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:13

Rip.
very sad new. I seen her in Cannes 2010 for Stones in exile premier, remember her smile.Sici

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:13

Sad news--cant believe it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:15

For some reason, this makes me feel deeply sad.I got a a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read the
news on the bbc site.

Depression is just horrible - I'm no stranger to it and have been to some dark places but have got through
it every time. As soon as you are in a spiral of negative
thinking, it feeds on itself and is hard to stop. It is important to ask for and accept help.

Right now I'm in no mood for a Rolling Stones concert.

RIP L'wren and best wishes to those close to you.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:15

muffie
Wonder who would be the first to point the finger in the wrong direction? As mentioned, a fitting tribute to his former lover:

Relax, relax, I'm just bustin' your balls. Actually, I agree that it would be a fitting and exceptionally poignant tribute (as No Expectations in Hyde Park was for Brian Jones).

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:18

Anastasia60
For those of you that remember the 2006 show at the MGM in Las Vegas the night Mick's father passed away -- Mick's singing of Streets of Love - probably one of the most poignant moments in my life. And his bandmates literally holding him up at the end of the show. - "and they are full of tears".

Godspeed L'Wren

i was there and remember that (although i thought it was his mom who had died). he is very strong but this is a bit different as you expect your parents to pass. i always was a bit jealous of l'wren thinking she had it all (and she is my age).

Posted by: champ72 ()

RIP L'Wren. Just awful.
Condolences to Mick plus her family and friends.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

What an utter shock and how horrible we all feel for Mick, who has been a part of all of our lives. There's nothing more to say.

Posted by: leftbank ()

This is so tragic. Together for a long time with Mick with what appeared to be a great relationship, at least in public. Her debts did not seem to be unsolvabe (as mentioned in the Daily Mail). I was a little surprised she did not go to any tour cities esp. Tokyo after not entering the London Fashion event.

Mick, my condolences.

Posted by: amg077 ()

So sad news...I was shocked,it seems she was happy with Mick

Mick should be strong and I hope this does not affect the tour.

R.I.P. L'Wren Scott, Be strong Mick, we are with you!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:22

She was more than $6million in debt, MailOnline can reveal

Designer L'Wren Scott was 'embarrassed and millions in debt' when she committed suicide in her Manhattan apartment

Scott, 49, was found dead at 10am Monday by an assistant in her Manhattan apartment

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:23

So sad sad news.
And surprising. All of my thoughts ans my prays are for lwren and mick.
Rest In peace dearest lwren.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:24

From Rolling Stone Magazine

By Andy Greene
March 17, 2014 1:40 PM ETFashion designer L'Wren Scott, who has been dating Mick Jagger since 2001, has died of an apparent suicide. She was found in her apartment on the west side of Manhattan by her assistant after hanging herself, according to the New York Daily News. Scott was 47.

A spokesperson for Jagger said that he is completely shocked and devastated by the news.

Scott was raised in Utah, but moved to Paris as a teenager in the mid-1980s to work as a model. She became a highly sought-after stylist in the 1990s, working with everyone from Madonna to Tom Hanks to Martin Scorsese and Julia Roberts. She met Mick Jagger at a photo shoot in 2001. In 2007, they moved into a $10 million dollar house together in London, though their busy schedules often kept them apart. "I’m always working," she told the Daily Beast in 2009. "Sourcing the great fabrics requires travel. Every season I try to top myself, and push it a little further."

She recently helped pick the clothing for the Stones ongoing world tour ."“In a way, when you’re designing for this, you are designing for the stage persona," Scott told Women's Wear Daily in 2012. "So it’s so great when you see [the clothes] come to life and moving. I’ve worked with lots of musicians — like Tina Turner — and I love when they go in front of the fitting mirror and do their thing, pose, dance. I love that moment! As you know, when Mick performs he takes things off, goes into this other world.”

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:25

So very unexpected. So very shocking and sad.
Deepest condolences to Mick and to L'Wren's family and friends.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:26

Mick could easily cover this small debt. But Scott had a lot of self drive and motivation, perhaps too much pride to ask for any help. Its a loss for everyone.

Date: March 17, 2014 22:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:29

leftbank
Mick could easily cover this small debt. But Scott had a lot of self drive and motivation, perhaps too much pride to ask for any help. Its a loss for everyone.

By all accounts, she was a perfectionist who took pride in her independence. A wonderfully kind woman as well, juding by the condolence tweets and messages from those who knew her.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home