Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 40
Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:03

rollingon
KatieGirl
Sad and terrible news indeed. I have friend who attemted suicide (unsuccessfully) and he told me" when you're in that black hole, nothing and nobody can talk you out of it." Who knows what goes on in the mind of a person in that black hole. Peace to her and her family and friends.

Very strong anxiety and depression can put almost anyone into that hole, even a very strong person. And she seemed to me as a strong person. Anyone in that hole should seek professional help as soon as possible, also family and friends are extremely important in that condition.

Anxiety can be sometimes so strong that it's like strong physical pain all the time and a person wants to do anything to escape that pain.

Of course there can be different reasons for a suicide but often there is strong anxiety behind the decision.
Unfortunately, through family and friends I am all too familiar with anxiety disorders. It's terrifying to watch a beloved relative or friend struggle and feel helpless. Nothing you say or do can ease their pain. You start to do an awful lot of praying and bargaining with God, promising anything, desperately hoping they will be allright. That's my experience anyways, everyone is diffferent. I do agree with your post though rollingon.

Posted by: BlackHat ()

DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
CindyC
Some of the protocol police on here may want to consider switching to the Downton Abbey fan site. I think the Rolling Stones might be too dirty for ya.

[forums.televisionwithoutpity.com]

Couldn't agree more CindyC. This forum is now populated muppets. As if singing Satisfaction is anywhere in Mick' thoughts. These sad, deluded fools can see no further than their own entertainment. Very shallow.

No need to promote an agenda in this thread. There are other threads you can take your frustrations to...

Not promoting an agenda and certainly not frustrated. Somebodies partner dies and people are concerned about whether shows will take place? That's just selfish.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()

CindyC
michaelsavage
Yes, poor Mick needs to think about himself, not the tour

You make me sick.

Dear CindyC. You add nothing intelligent to this discussion. Please go away.

Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: bobo ()

I have always thought of you as a "clever woman" when reading your posts, Cindy. Not so sure anymore.......

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:04

So sorry to hear that!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:05

BlackHat
micwer
Not sure anything would be cancelled. Didn't they play the night Keith's infant son died?

Yes, well they've all grown up since then. Tour = very, very low priority.

They also didn't cancel after Mick's father died and Ronnie's brother in 2006. I'm afraid that there is too much money involved in touring to cancel it. It's sad and depressing but I wouldn't be surprised if they were under the contractual obligation to go on unless band members health is not under the threat. Show business is very cruel and heatless unfortunately...

Condolences to Mick and her family...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:05 by franzk.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:05

EddieByword
BILLPERKS
WHO'S FIGHTING & WHAT FOR?

The straight talkers V the Smaltzy sentimentals .....although I don't know why.

I don't think you can disguised pure callousness with the term 'straight talker'.

Some people are without filter, and are desperately in need of one.

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:06

So so sad. My condolences to the family.

This tour is not the same any more. How can you enjoy a devastated Mick?

So sad.

Date: March 17, 2014 21:08

michrud
So so sad. My condolences to the family.

This tour is not the same any more. How can you enjoy a devastated Mick?

So sad.

Well said. Let the guy off the hook so he can deal with this in private.

Date: March 17, 2014 21:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:09

Inevitably, most of us will be wondering about the tour, whether we say so in our posts or not - but that isn't important right now.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()

marko
rollingon
KatieGirl
Sad and terrible news indeed. I have friend who attemted suicide (unsuccessfully) and he told me" when you're in that black hole, nothing and nobody can talk you out of it." Who knows what goes on in the mind of a person in that black hole. Peace to her and her family and friends.

Very strong anxiety and depression can put almost anyone into that hole, even a very strong person. And she seemed to me as a strong person. Anyone in that hole should seek professional help as soon as possible, also family and friends are extremely important in that condition.

Anxiety can be sometimes so strong that it's like strong physical pain all the time and a person wants to do anything to escape that pain.

Of course there can be different reasons for a suicide but often there is strong anxiety behind the decision.

I know,because i´ve been there.
Hope you are doing ok now marko.

DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
CindyC
Some of the protocol police on here may want to consider switching to the Downton Abbey fan site. I think the Rolling Stones might be too dirty for ya.

Couldn't agree more CindyC. This forum is now populated muppets. As if singing Satisfaction is anywhere in Mick' thoughts. These sad, deluded fools can see no further than their own entertainment. Very shallow.

No need to promote an agenda in this thread. There are other threads you can take your frustrations to...

Not promoting an agenda and certainly not frustrated. Somebodies partner dies and people are concerned about whether shows will take place? That's just selfish.

I agree about that. But you don't need to take a stab at the forum and its members in general to vent that criticism, imo.

Well, I felt I needed to given the number of people whose first reactions appear to centre on shows being cancelled.Sorry if you don't like it.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:10

RIP L'Wren

Best wishes to Mick

Green Lady
Inevitably, most of us will be wondering about the tour, whether we say so in our posts or not - but that isn't important right now.

Agreed BUT it was the way it was said by "someone". Time for prayer and only prayer

Posted by: michrud ()

Any news from the Stones?? Any statement yet??

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()

So sad.

Rest in Peace.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:11

R.I.P. L'Wren Scott.
Thoughts with Mick and families close to her.

Not the bickering idiots here.
Show some respect.

Dough

Date: March 17, 2014 21:12

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 15:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:12

So sorry for your loss! Hopefully at rest and peace now. Thoughts and prayers for anyone in that position and the one's left behind.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:13

I don't know about other circumstances but I do remember the elder Mr. Jagger was in poor health, Mick knew it, and Mick even visited him at some point prior to his death.

This is such shocking news and while rock and roll and the Stones touring company are indeed a business I think Mick should have the space and room to grieve if that is what he wants. None of us have a right to judge his or anyone else's decisions during these horrible moments in life.

May god rest the soul of L'Wren and bring peace to all of her friends and family on this tragic day.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:13

Green Lady

Of course it isn't, but it's human nature to wonder how anything, even something this devastating, will affect one's self. It's also not the time to rip into someone about their post. Let people say what they want to say. If you don't like it, then ignore it.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:14

As far as I can tell, no word from Stones camp yet. Jo tweeted out her shock at the news, but thats all so far.

Date: March 17, 2014 21:14

DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
DandelionPowderman
BlackHat
CindyC

I agree about that. But you don't need to take a stab at the forum and its members in general to vent that criticism, imo.

Well, I felt I needed to given the number of people whose first reactions appear to centre on shows being cancelled.Sorry if you don't like it.

Then, I obviously didn't really get your post at first. Sorry about that.

No problem. Peace and Love

Date: March 17, 2014 21:15

latebloomer
Green Lady

Of course it isn't, but it's human nature to wonder how anything, even something this devastating, will affect one's self. It's also not the time to rip into someone about their post. Let people say what they want to say. If you don't like it, then ignore it.

Sort of agree BUT one person was posting things beyond the pale so it was very hard for some folks not to respond.Very hard.

And now, I pray for L'ren and Mick

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:15

I just need to make it clear that I am sadder than anyone else about this tragic event so please do not try to one up me in the sad department.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:16

franzk

They also didn't cancel after Mick's father died and Ronnie's brother in 2006. I'm afraid that there is too much money involved in touring to cancel it. It's sad and depressing but I wouldn't be surprised if they were under the contractual obligation to go on unless band members health is not under the threat. Show business is very cruel and heatless unfortunately...

Condolences to Mick and her family...

Perhaps if they'd already broken up Mick is sad but not devastated. Also, everybody is different and reacts to grief differently. The fact is we don't know how Mick feels and whatever he feels is right is right.

As for the funeral her families wishes come into play. If the split was painful and recent they may not want him there.

Apart from sending condolences all else is just speculation.

Posted by: EddieByword ()

treaclefingers
EddieByword
BILLPERKS
WHO'S FIGHTING & WHAT FOR?

The straight talkers V the Smaltzy sentimentals .....although I don't know why.

I don't think you can disguised pure callousness with the term 'straight talker'.

Some people are without filter, and are desperately in need of one.

I've known a few people commit suicide including my own sister, there are always harsh unpalatable facts underpinning such events.
Personally I'll reserve judgement and my well wishes until I understand more......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: BowieStone ()

"Scott was said to be distraught and ‘embarrassed’ over her failing business, as she owed nearly $6million to creditors, MailOnline can reveal."

Just something I just read.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:18

I deleted my comments since this has been consolidated to a condolence thread.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home