Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I met Jane Rose today
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: March 17, 2014 10:27

I was sitting in the lobby of the Stones hotel in Perth this afternoon having a quite ale and waiting/hoping I might see one of the boys etc. Anyhow at one point I saw this woman who I thought may have been Jane Rose (I hadn't seen an image of her since the 25x5 doco on '89) and sure enough it was. I introduced myself to her and she was very gracious. She said the band are in a very special space right now, approaching every gig with tremendous enthusiasm. I asked her how the Mick/Keith relationship was tracking and she said it is excellent on all fronts. I can't wait for the Perth and Adelaide shows. Off to see Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 10:29 by Paulhanrahan.

Re: I met Jane Rose today
Date: March 17, 2014 10:32

thumbs up

Posted by: winos ()
Date: March 17, 2014 10:43

Would that be an orange brick building in Perth?

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 10:47

Nice, thanks for sharing, almost sounds like you could have pushed your luck and asked if it was to the point where they were writing songs for a new album ;-) Especially since no journalist seems to be interested (vetoed?) in asking about that any more.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:09

Thx for the PR!
Alas you ain't Chet Flippo and she ain't Paul Wasserman... >grinning smiley<

Toronto 1977.
Wasso : Keith's fine! The band's confident in the future
Flippo : BS Wasso! That's BS! C'mon spill the beans!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 11:47 by dcba.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:22

Congrats on actually approaching her. have viewed her in action and not sure if i would do the same........

enjoy the show i shall be gettin in early on wed and cannot wait for the show...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 11:23

Paulhanrahan
I was sitting in the lobby of the Stones hotel in Perth this afternoon having a quite ale and waiting/hoping I might see one of the boys etc. Anyhow at one point I saw this woman who I thought may have been Jane Rose (I hadn't seen an image of her since the 25x5 doco on '89) and sure enough it was. I introduced myself to her and she was very gracious. She said the band are in a very special space right now, approaching every gig with tremendous enthusiasm. I asked her how the Mick/Keith relationship was tracking and she said it is excellent on all fronts. I can't wait for the Perth and Adelaide shows. Off to see Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries tonight.

What else did you expect her to say?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 17, 2014 12:59

Nice story.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 13:18

Well Roadster, I guess she could have said "get out of my face I'm not Jane Rose" for starters mate

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 13:55

I meant concerning the Mick-Keith relationship.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:27

Paulhanrahan
Well Roadster, I guess she could have said "get out of my face I'm not Jane Rose" for starters mate

Good on ya mate!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:37

Roadster32
I meant concerning the Mick-Keith relationship.

Hence my suggested follow-up question, cooked up quietly behind my screen, on whether that goes to the point that they are writing songs together ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:51

you lucky devil

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2014 20:32

Roadster32
Paulhanrahan

Hahahahahahaah. Good One !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: March 17, 2014 20:39

corriecas
Roadster32
Paulhanrahan

Jeroen

Tasteless reaction at this moment corriecas. Too many wine maybe?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:42

OutOfTime
corriecas
Roadster32
Paulhanrahan

Jeroen

FFS Outoftime.. Its not like Jane Rose has died..

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:47

So this is a thread about a sighting of someone who knows the band? Well... cool. Carry on.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:54

Jane rose is a bit more significant than just "someone who knows the band" ....

Date: March 18, 2014 06:12

Obviously jazzbase is a real Stones officionado. Jane Rose is Keiths Manager

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:18

Paulhanrahan
and has been with the Stones since when, Toronto 78 (a guess) maybe longer, and is THE definition of an insider.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:22

Rokyfan
Paulhanrahan
and has been with the Stones since when, Toronto 78 (a guess) maybe longer, and is THE definition of an insider.

and also had a couple of interview segments in the 25X5 doc (pertaining, of course, to Keith).

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:30

Rokyfan

Not totally. I'd rate Sherry Daly as being a closer insider than Ms Rose.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:16

OutOfTime
corriecas
Roadster32
Paulhanrahan

Jeroen

a bit tragic reaction by your own account i think.
Jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home