Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pinkpop saturday sold out
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 17, 2014 16:56

dcba
GJV
I hope you're right, but don't forget Pinkpop was the only venue the Dutch promotor wanted to do not being afraid it wouldn't be sold out, because of the huge amount of money the Stones were asking. Pinkpop was not a realy big risk, because it's a festival which is almost sold out very fast every year.

Yup the Pinkpop head probably got an exclusivity deal with the Stones to make sure Jagger won't sign for another show on the Dutch soil with another promoter.

Yeah right, and then have Werchter and Düsseldorf, both at a 100 km distance. Don't forget these places are much nearer to Landgraaf than e.g. Rotterdam or Amsterdam.

Date: March 17, 2014 17:00

Harm
GJV
I hope you're right, but don't forget Pinkpop was the only venue the Dutch promotor wanted to do not being afraid it wouldn't be sold out, because of the huge amount of money the Stones were asking. Pinkpop was not a realy big risk, because it's a festival which is almost sold out very fast every year.

The Stones took away a big part of their budget. So this year they'll probably make less money than in previous years. Only difference...sold out in minutes instead of weeks or months.

Or not at all... Previous years weekend tickets could be obtained online untill the start of the festival.
And all one-day tickets could be obtained by just going to the counter at the site... because they didn't sell all tickets online (mr. Smeets prefers not to have the site packed to the max). This year however I fear that strategy will not work. The Pinkpop ticketbuzz hasn't been this big in years.

Date: March 17, 2014 17:08

Meanwhile, Pinkpop regulars are complaining that Stonesfans, who do not mind buying a weekendticket just for going on Saturday, are not only restricting the regulars' chances of getting a weekendticket, but will also be responsible for an empty festivalsite on Sunday and Monday, because most of them will already be back home by then.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home