Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Rolling Stones - Singapore March 15
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 16, 2014 15:01

More great shots, bv & latvianinexile! Especially liked the "Hello Singapore" reminder on the teleprompter. ;-)

From Marina Bay Sands:

Re: Rolling Stones - Singapore March 15
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 16, 2014 15:04

yeah great pix !!!
jeroen

Re: Singapore March 15 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 16, 2014 15:46

I was in Ronnie side standing.
Venue was filled with great atmosphere.
Probably all VIP seaters are upgraded by themselves.
When Keith started the first riff of JFF, crowds stampeded to front.

And I think one of the highlights occurred after the show.
Venue is on the 5th level and when we go down long escalators to the ground floor, excited crowds started yelling SFTD "Huh-Huh!!".
I also yelled.
It was another "gig" experience.

Date: March 16, 2014 15:59

latvianinexile

So the Rolling Stones concert was squeezed into a slot between lunch and wedding dinner smiling smiley

It was very funny.
Wedding party was on at the same time at just 1 floor below of the venue.
I voted "Live with me" for them.thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 16, 2014 16:21

well, short and curlies would work also, but not rehearsed.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 16, 2014 16:33

latvianinexile
bv
Ballrom ... it could be a place you had a big wedding... Just a big meeting room, very nice for an arena with a crowd of 5,000.

The Latvija scarf they picked up in Shanghai was nicely placed on top of Keith's monitor at the beginning of Doom & Gloom by Pierre. They did really take good care of it. Once it slided down a bit when they placed it correctly. Nice.

Mick presented Chuck Leavell saying:
"Without him there would be no band".

Sympathy For The Devil strong as always. Keith evil eyes evil guitar playing, at the end his pick is flying and there it is in my hands. Tongue side worn out the way he played Sympathy I guess. Other side KEITH RICHARDS. Nice catch.

Mick kept security busy as he went down and did high five with the fans b oth sides, first Ronnie side during Paint It Black. After that they knew he would do the other side but not when. Then he came down on Satisfaction. Everybody went nuts of course.

Great show but Shanghai was by far the best, high standards on this tour.

Thanks Keith, Pierre and Tony R.! Thanks bv for the above photo!

This is awesome! I can only imagine how happy you were at the concert, latvianinexile! smileys with beer

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: March 16, 2014 18:15

Any press covering with front page newspapers? (photos-scans please)!!
Thanks

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 16, 2014 18:45

Cristiano Radtke

This is awesome! I can only imagine how happy you were at the concert, latvianinexile! smileys with beer

Yep, this made my day, ahem night!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 16, 2014 19:28

Fantastic picture, latvianinexile! Those are Japanese guys on the left and right of you - IORR members?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 16, 2014 19:36

Did anyone else notice the "Charles and Keith" stores in Singapore, and am I the only one who thought of our boys the minute I saw the sign?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 16, 2014 19:48

drbryant
Fantastic picture, latvianinexile! Those are Japanese guys on the left and right of you - IORR members?

The picture with me is from Macau. Yes, both are Japanese. Guy with Stones T-shirt is "a bigger nut" on this board.

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: March 16, 2014 20:53

I'm so proud to know this guy - latvianinexile, cause his "Exile" is my hometown.smiling smiley
Love to hear the Long Story when you're back in our town.

Hitti

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 16, 2014 21:18

latvianinexile
drbryant

The picture with me is from Macau. Yes, both are Japanese. Guy with Stones T-shirt is "a bigger nut" on this board.

Did the other guy on your right in the photo ever attend any shows in The States, in the pit?
Just curious.

Looks like you had a great time, latvianinexile!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 16, 2014 21:26

Wow, those are amazing pics, latvianinexile, thanks so much for posting them! Nice to see you and a bigger nut, too! smiling smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:07

I love the pictures of lizzie jagger and theo richards - now we know who took the nice pictures of Mick round and about in Tokyo and Shanghai !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 22:08 by EJM.

Date: March 16, 2014 23:02

Wild Horses

[/video]

Date: March 16, 2014 23:14

Live With Me (Only 40 Seconds!!!!)

[/video]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 17, 2014 00:31

jumpingjackflash68
Live With Me (Only 40 Seconds!!!!)

[/video]

Aside from the two people dancing, that looks like a tough crowd! I'd be rockin out man!!!

Date: March 17, 2014 00:57

Singapore was the final 14 on fire show for me.
Since Tokyo 2nd show, every show was awesome.
I could experienced my home huge Tokyo Dome show, front row of the pit in Macau. rare set in Shanghai and unbelievably small Singapore venue.

And it was first time for me touring(only 1 week though) with Stones and I could see so many Stones lovers includes latvianinexile in a venue, city and airport.

At a metro platform in Shanghai, a local teenager wearing tongue t-shirt found my another tongue t-shirt then shouted "ROLLING STONES!!"
Maybe he thought I am Chinese. But as I could speak little Chinese, so I replied with smile, thumbs up and indicated my t-shirt tongue with thumbs.

Yesterday I had a flight from Singapore to Bangkok. Then there were 2 Thais (obviously older than me) wearing "14 ON FIRE" t-shirt.
They said they really enjoyed the show.smileys with beer

And there were so many other interesting experieces.
I would like to say thank you to all Stones lovers I met in last 1 week.
I can not attend any gigs in Europe in this summer, but I hope to see you guys somewhere again.

Before the show. Stage height is about 1.2-1.3m.Very low. And a VIP chair was exactly used one at hotel conventions or parties.

VIP seaters move to the front.Good atmosphere. Some people was standing on a chair.

Sympathy For The Devil. The moment Mick took of a red long coat.

YCAGWYW. I felt that Mick came to our Ronnie side more often than Keith side.smiling smiley

Satisfaction.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 17, 2014 01:03

Those are just amazing photos. And the Singapore venue looks amazing, too!

Sounds like the experience of a lifetime. smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 17, 2014 01:16

Thanks everyone for your fabulous pictures and reports! From all the reports I guess this was as close to a club show as it's going to get on this leg of the tour, so happy for all of you who were in attendance.

Latvianinexile, I love your scarf story! I can't help wondering if it's Keith's way of showing solidarity with Ukraine and all that is happening there??? The fact that Keith has suddenly been wearing that hideous blue and white bowling jacket during the last few shows also makes me wonder if it's maybe a gift from a fan.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: March 17, 2014 01:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 01:47 by EJM.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 17, 2014 02:15

roamermark
This show was ALL about the venue - my god it was a great place to see the Stones. After tuning in for these live feeds for the tour so far, I too was a bit jaded about the setlists. But being there in that room - so close - with my son along for his first ever concert - it was perfect. You wouldn't want any other songs. You want to see the greatest band in the world playing the greatest songs in the world. And they did - they played the crap out of them.

Security was SO lax - I was able to self upgrade with my son on my shoulders for satisfaction to the end of the catwalk stage. Waved at security as we strolled by.

Only criticism - what the hell happened to Mick on Sympathy? Did his in ear monitors fall out? It was woeful in the verses.

Awesome first Stones show for your son!

Vanilla setlist but it was a great venue and after a slow start the crowd really got into it. I was in section 205 which were not bad seats but self upgraded after Doom and Gloom to the VIP section to the end of the runway. Stood there the rest of the show and had a great view. Definitely a great way to finish of my Asia business trip as I am back in Boston.

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 17, 2014 06:36

Rockman and others…here is the article from yesterday….today it connues to bucket down…thank god for Keef and the Rain. The Minister has only Keith to thank…..

SINGAPORE — Heavy showers across Singapore yesterday ended a 27-day dry spell and improved the hazy conditions experienced over the past week, with the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) staying in the “good” range throughout the day.

The rain, which started at 9.40am, was heaviest in the eastern and southern parts of the island — areas that received the least rainfall during the dry spell, said the National Environment Agency (NEA) in a statement yesterday.

All except one of the Meteorological Service Singapore’s 64 rainfall stations recorded rainfall of above 1.0mm.

As at 6.30pm, the highest rainfall total was 52.6mm at Changi. Nineteen other stations in the east, south and central areas recorded rainfall totals ranging from 31.0mm to 51.8mm.

While there had been occasional brief showers on Saturday afternoon, the NEA had said then that the rainfall was not widespread and heavy enough to break the dry spell.

Yesterday, many people took to social media to post a flood of wet weather pictures. Environment and Water Resources Minister Vivian Balakrishnan also welcomed the rain on his Facebook page.

The rain was the result of an equatorial band of extensive rain clouds from the southern part of the South China Sea brought in to Singapore and the surrounding region by strong, deep easterly winds, said the NEA.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 17, 2014 07:25

""At a metro platform in Shanghai, a local teenager wearing tongue t-shirt found my another tongue t-shirt then shouted "ROLLING STONES!!" ""

Visualizing that story brings a smile to my face.

STONES!!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:18

Keith's daughter said his jacket is a YSL "Blood Luster" jacket. He wears it because on the back is a vampire's teeth with red blood dripping. But it's not visible enough. I agree he should ditch the jacket. I will tell him to replace it with a black leather jacket.

Date: March 17, 2014 14:44

chatoyancy
I agree he should ditch the jacket. I will tell him to replace it with a black leather jacket.
We live in hope !!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 14:58

EJM
chatoyancy
I agree he should ditch the jacket. I will tell him to replace it with a black leather jacket.
We live in hope !!

The more everyone complains, the more I hope he keeps it. In a few years, it will be a collector's item and then you'll all wish you could buy it. grinning smiley

All the pics are fantastic, thanks everyone!

Date: March 17, 2014 15:15

But if he stopped wearing it now it would have real rarity value !
But jacket or no jacket the pictures are fantastic

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 17, 2014 17:42

BostonBob
Rockman and others…here is the article from yesterday….today it connues to bucket down…thank god for Keef and the Rain. The Minister has only Keith to thank…..

SINGAPORE — Heavy showers across Singapore yesterday ended a 27-day dry spell and improved the hazy conditions experienced over the past week, with the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) staying in the “good” range throughout the day.

The rain, which started at 9.40am, was heaviest in the eastern and southern parts of the island — areas that received the least rainfall during the dry spell, said the National Environment Agency (NEA) in a statement yesterday.

All except one of the Meteorological Service Singapore’s 64 rainfall stations recorded rainfall of above 1.0mm.

As at 6.30pm, the highest rainfall total was 52.6mm at Changi. Nineteen other stations in the east, south and central areas recorded rainfall totals ranging from 31.0mm to 51.8mm.

While there had been occasional brief showers on Saturday afternoon, the NEA had said then that the rainfall was not widespread and heavy enough to break the dry spell.

Yesterday, many people took to social media to post a flood of wet weather pictures. Environment and Water Resources Minister Vivian Balakrishnan also welcomed the rain on his Facebook page.

The rain was the result of an equatorial band of extensive rain clouds from the southern part of the South China Sea brought in to Singapore and the surrounding region by strong, deep easterly winds, said the NEA.

Looked for you at the outdoor music fest BB to have a cold one with you but could not figure out who you were. Were you out there with your cooler?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home