Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Led Zep news
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:26

Now if Mick and Keith would look after us like Page, Plant, and JP Jones:

LED ZEPPELIN - FIRST THREE ALBUMS NEWLY REMASTERED

The First Three Albums Newly Remastered, Each With An Additional Disc Of Previously Unreleased Companion Audio. Multiple CD, Vinyl, And Digital Formats, Including A Super Deluxe Boxed Set, Available June 3.

No matter how many times you may have listened to their music, you've never heard Led Zeppelin like this before.
Beginning with the June 3 release of deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III, the band will launch an extensive reissue program of all nine of its studio albums in chronological order, each remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin will also open its vaults to share dozens of unheard studio and live recordings, with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album.

"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin," says Page. "It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time."
Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Each album is now available for pre-order in the following formats:
SUPER DELUXE EDITION BOX

Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve

Companion audio on CD in a new sleeve and on 180-gram vinyl (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating the first pressing

High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit (Live tracks are 48kHz/24bit)

Hard bound, 70+ page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia

High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered

Led Zeppelin will also include a replica of the band's original Atlantic press kit
DELUXE EDITION 2 CD

Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)
DELUXE EDITION VINYL

Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris [2 LP's] , II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes [Each contains 1 LP] )
SINGLE CD

Remastered album packaged in a gatefold sleeve with an 8 page booklet (Led Zeppelin III contains CD sleeve in a replica of the original vinyl, including the die cut holes and wheel)
ORIGINAL ALBUM VINYL

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing in exact detail
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

Remastered album and companion audio (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)

Re: OT - Led Zep news
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:28

Looks lovely.

I can't complain regarding the material we've received over the last few years from the Stones though. A plethora of material!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:29

Yes, but wouldn't Goats Head Soup as a 2cd set with Brussels Affair on disc2 be ideal ?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:35

Led Zeppelin
01. Good Times Bad Times
02. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You
03. You Shook Me
04. Dazed And Confused
05. Your Time Is Gonna Come
06. Black Mountain Side
07. Communication Breakdown
08. I Can’t Quit You Baby
09. How Many More Times

Companion: Live At The Olympia, Paris, October 1969
01. Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown
02. I Can’t Quit You Baby
03. Heartbreaker
04. Dazed And Confused
05. White Summer/Black Mountain Side
06. You Shook Me
07. Moby Dick
08. How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II
01. Whole Lotta Love
02. What Is And What Should Never Be
03. The Lemon Song
04. Thank You
05. Heartbreaker
06. Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman)
07. Ramble On
08. Moby Dick

Companion disc
01. Whole Lotta Love
02. What Is And What Should Never Be
03. Thank You
04. Heartbreaker
05. Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman)
06. Ramble On
07. Moby Dick
08. La La

Led Zeppelin III
01. Immigrant Song
02. Friends
03. Celebration Day
04. Since I’ve Been Loving You
05. Out On The Tiles
06. Gallows Pole
07. Tangerine
08. That’s The Way
09. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
10. Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

Companion disc
01. The Immigrant Song
02. Friends
03. Celebration Day
04. Since I’ve Been Loving You
05. Bathroom Sound
06. Gallows Pole
07. That’s The Way
08. Jennings Farm Blues
09. Keys To The Highway/Trouble In Mind

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:36

I'm finally going to have to call a halt on how many times I can buy the same music in different formats for lots of $$$. sad smiley I would love the extras, but I've got all of the studio Zep on vinyl and CD and most of it on cassette--gotta draw the line somewhere, sadly.

I just hope I don't get drunk one night with my finger hovering over the Amazon.com pre-order button . . .

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:36

Led Zeppelin 1 with an October 1969 concert is a whole lotta wonky.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:41

The Paris Olmypia'69 show has been avaialble for DL for soem time now.
And while it's exc it's not BBC-quality as the Europe 1 techie hang one or two mikes from the celling of the venue...

I wonder what ppl here would say if Mick decided to sell us a SUPER-expensive LIB package with the so-so Paris'70 radio tape as a bonus CD... "whhhat? Don't they have 16-tracks live recordings from the 1970 tour in the vaults? This is a shame!"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:55

Thank goodness for the bootlegers...this stuff has all been available for years so there is no need for a knee-jerk reaction to buy these tired old releases AGAIN...

I think I'm actually at my legal limit with LZI and would be fined or imprisoned should I purchase it again...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:11

His Majesty

Not really - apart from Heartbreaker it's all 1st album material. Plus it's the best available quality for an early gig. What would you have included instead?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:25

Silver Dagger
His Majesty

Not really - apart from Heartbreaker it's all 1st album material. Plus it's the best available quality for an early gig. What would you have included instead?

Stuff from the recording of the album and/or love recordings from gigs closer to the recording or release of the album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 23:30 by His Majesty.

Date: March 13, 2014 22:56

Munichhilton
Thank goodness for the bootlegers...

It's quite strange that Page has to dig into some radio station vault to find a live document from 1969. Does it prove he's got no SB tapes in his own basement?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 13, 2014 23:19

I thought the two box sets from the 90s were remastered and gussied up by Jimmy Page? They still sound damn good to me. Hope they're all on I tunes so I can cherry pick the previously unreleased material.

Date: March 13, 2014 23:52

really week bonus material and the 1st album still doesn't include "sunshine woman"

Date: March 14, 2014 00:06

tomcasagranda
Yes, but wouldn't Goats Head Soup as a 2cd set with Brussels Affair on disc2 be ideal ?

Sure, bring it on! I'm just saying that we're getting a lot of material compared to almost everyone else.

Date: March 14, 2014 00:07

Munichhilton
Thank goodness for the bootlegers...this stuff has all been available for years so there is no need for a knee-jerk reaction to buy these tired old releases AGAIN...

I think I'm actually at my legal limit with LZI and would be fined or imprisoned should I purchase it again...

We're actually parked outside your house right now with a warrant.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:11

To put it in perspective;

A pre-order for all three deluxe box sets is less than half of what I paid for one Rolling Stones ticket last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 00:12 by jabhead.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:15

That's a kinda false perspective, though, comparing albums to concert tickets. Deluxe box sets are available to everyone who wants one, for one thing, whereas a concert is a one-time event available to a limited number of people.

Not that I'm suggesting you couldn't have bought vast quantities of box sets for the price of most Stones tickets!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:24

I am eager to know what unreleased material/ shows will come with the other six albums. This is pretty exciting to me. I'll probably splurge for all of the 2cd versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 00:25 by Tate.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2014 01:43

Found these pics on an Italian facebook page:
Zeppelin Radio

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 14, 2014 02:27

The DEluxe editions are like $137 EACH on amazon. If it had all 3 CDs I might consider it - but for just one??

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 14, 2014 02:31

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

But which house...I wanna send pizza...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2014 03:16

DEmerson
The DEluxe editions are like $137 EACH on amazon. If it had all 3 CDs I might consider it - but for just one??

I believe that price is for the SUPER deluxe editions which include cd's, vinyl, poster, book, etc., etc. etc.

The deluxe editions should be much less than that.
For example, here's listings for deluxe vinyl editions:

Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl) is listed at $46.78. Zep I

Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl) is listed at $43.84. Zep II

Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl) is also listed at $43.84.Zep III

I'm assuming by reading the first post in this thread that each album has a Super Deluxe, a Deluxe Edition (2 CD),
a Deluxe vinyl, a single cd/album version, and digital download...blah, blah,blah, blah... and probably individual songs for download? confused smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 14, 2014 03:17

The only new thing is the availability of the original albums in high res audio. Which is rather great news.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 03:29

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 14, 2014 04:13

More infos on the companion discs : [www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Date: March 14, 2014 08:36

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

But which house...I wanna send pizza...

Dunno, it's a white trailer if that helps.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:58

You can`t buy the "rarities" albums without buying the original ones.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:10

Aquamarine
I'm finally going to have to call a halt on how many times I can buy the same music in different formats for lots of $$$. sad smiley I would love the extras, but I've got all of the studio Zep on vinyl and CD and most of it on cassette--gotta draw the line somewhere, sadly.

I just hope I don't get drunk one night with my finger hovering over the Amazon.com pre-order button . . .

These type of post mortem releases, the production people labor a 1000 hours over the material to eliminate ambient background noise and try to make all instruments sound ringing and clear. So the average consumer thinks >>>>>> This is what it was always meant to be

Which is dazzling but only for a while (for me)

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:34

Whatever happened with touring in 2014?

Date: March 14, 2014 17:50

The idea vanished as soon as you woke up! grinning smiley

Page is the one who was willing to reform the band (and he probably has in mind the millions the Police guys made in 2007, yum!) but Plant repeatedly turns the offer down.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home