Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones ready for Roskilde!!!!
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 14, 2014 16:44

mrsw
Am really sad to think they may not do UK unless its the O2 later in the year.I dread to think how expensive that will be.A normal stadium gig in the UK would be wonderful.I did go to Hyde Park last year and we were at the front but my son got sunstroke so we moved away.Glastonbury, you basically buy tickets for months before knowing the line up so you can't count that so please a UK normal Stadium gig!

I'm really hoping Roskilde is on July 3rd. It would mean I'd get to see the Stones on my birthday!

mrsw - I'm also in the UK, and it will probably be cheaper to see them at Pinkpop (even with the extra travel and hotel costs) than here! Certainly less than it cost me for the O2. Even if they did a stadium show (unless perhaps if you get the very worst seats furthest away from the stage).

To save money, you could look at travelling to a European show by coach. (I can't seen to post the link but the Pinkpop website has a link to a company that does coaches (including the cost of the ferry) to Pinkpop.

I would love another UK gig especially as I'll have to go alone if it's abroad (none of my friends or family are willing to travel for the Stones) - but it's probably a good chance for me to actually travel (for various reasons I haven't been abroad for a good few years).

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:17

Full Roskilde Festil pas is 1.900 DKR (aprox. 200 pounds)

Day ticket is approx 1.200 DKR (Aprox 120 pounds)

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 14, 2014 17:26

michrud
Full Roskilde Festil pas is 1.900 DKR (aprox. 200 pounds)

Day ticket is approx 1.200 DKR (Aprox 120 pounds)

Michrud- thanks for the ticket prices. I hope they confirm Roskilde and soon! I'd like to visit Copenhagen anyway so this would be a nice combined mini-break/Stones trip.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 14, 2014 20:24

1200kr is just about a normal Stones ticket nowadays. Not bad. I'll go. Do the single day tickets sell out fast? I'll go there, wait at the front of the stage all day and rock out all night.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 14, 2014 22:57

Kent - as what probably will do.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:32

mtaylor
lickskeith
again mrsw... Same post than the other 14 tour tread.. why?!!!

And again..UK got 5 shows in 1 year.. it's OUR time now!!!!!!!!!!

+1
Stones homeland, a goodbuy to Europe, would be fair enough - you never know if it is the last time.

Aside from a festival gig on an island off the UK in 2007 and a festival gig last year which was sold out before they were added to the bill, the Stones have played precisely three UK dates of their own outside of London since 2003 - Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff (all in 2006).

The UK really doesnt begin and end in the capital, but the Stones have pretty much seemd to think thats been the case since about 1995.

No Birmingham gig since 1973 (England's second biggest city), no Belfast gig since 1965, no Leeds since 1982, no Newcastle since 1990, no Liverpool since 1971, just one Manchester gig since 1990, etc.

All of those cities now have good-sized arenas.

Saying that, I do agree that its fair enough that if theyre doing just 14-15 shows, that this tour will all be (or almost all be) on the continent, but next time they do play the UK, they really should try and re-connect with the provincial cities. Just like they promised to do in 1998 when they postponed the UK tour for tax reasons and consoled us by saying they'd play '10-12 theatre dates around the UK' the following year to make up for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-15 02:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:39

Gazza wrote "..consoled us by saying they'd play '10-12 theatre dates around the UK' the following year to make up for it."

I have never heard that before, who said that and where(what source)?

Posted by: steini ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:41

" Gazza wrote: "consoled us by saying they'd play 10-12 theatre dates around the UK the following year to make up for it"

I have never heard that before, who said that and where(what source)?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:42

The Stones. It was in their official statement on their website when they pulled the '98 UK tour for spurious tax reasons.

In the end they played one theatre show the following year - in London, of course.

With tickets going on sale in central London about 9 hours after most of their hard core fanbase had seen them perform in Sheffield, some 220 miles away.

It was a bit of a scramble to get to Piccadilly Circus that morning, to say the least!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 16, 2014 03:03

Aren't you afraid of being mocked by kids half your age going to a festival? They might mistake you for Parent's Watch or something...

Date: March 16, 2014 20:45

Is it true that it's not possible to buy single day tickets for Saturday? I heard that was the case, and then it really sucks!

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 16, 2014 21:07

JumpingKentFlash
Is it true that it's not possible to buy single day tickets for Saturday? I heard that was the case, and then it really sucks!

Who says that? That has been the case.

Date: March 16, 2014 23:18

Pretty sure it was possible to buy single day tix when Springsteen played Roskilde. I just heard that it's only possible to buy them for Sunday.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home