Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Shanghai China March 12 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Date: March 13, 2014 18:44

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
No Mick Taylor on "All Down The Line" and "Dead Flowers"? This is a deal breaker for me. Of course we cannot know in advance what will be played and with whom. But if I had this information in advance I would not attend. Mick and company are subjecting MT to cruel and unusual punishment by taking him along then excluding him from his most iconic Stones tunes. This is how I see it. I am sure that most of the stadium crowds could care less and this is why MT gets minimal time up on stage.

More and more I am thinking MT was given a million or two UK pounds to settle all past grievances and potential lawsuits. That he was told he gets paid the same no matter if he plays on one song or ten. That his role is to take the money and participate as you are told to. At least MT gets paid what is due but real Stones fans want to see him more, as the decades long Stones project winds down due to old age, arthritic fingers and hips, sore vocal cords, and general all around decline and decrepitude

That means that you wouldn't attend a regular Stones show?

Ronnie Wood is the band's guitarist, and if you think it through not all songs will become better with three guitars.

But they could play MR without Taylor, and put him on ADTL, BS and others. I really don't know why they don't mix it up more.

DF doesn't need Mick Taylor, imo.

You think DF is better without MT?

I like it better without constant soloing, like Taylor did on the Marquee. And I love Ronnie's bender smiling smiley

To me, DF is a great country song, not a guitar vehicle.

I totally see your point. This is much more of a guitar vehicle:

LOL! grinning smiley

Rolling Stones - Shanghai China March 12
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 13, 2014 18:46

GREAT photos bv & latvianinexile!

From China's Xinhua News Agency:

Xiao Xiao

Minute clip of 'Miss You' from Reuters > [www.dailymotion.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:02

mnewman505
bv
Pete66
Refreshing setlist, leaving 2 warhorses out. Next time skip JJ Flash and Miss you and play Let's Spend the Night Together and Hot Stuff instead! No one will mind.
Can't wait to see them in June in Europe!

Pete.

Dropping two of the greatest crowd pleasers? Don't think that is a good idea. They will play both at every show until they call it the day.
BV, with all due respect, did you hear casual fans complain at shows on the No Security Tour or the Licks tour when they didn't play some of their major songs or played a more challenging set list? Set aside the club/theatre shows and you still have high priced tickets $300-$400+ US face value in arenas on those tours with much more interesting set lists, especially on Licks. Satisfaction wasn't played once the entire No Security tour if i'm not mistaken. I know you are sick of the set list complaining, i've been lurking and posting on here since I was a teenager, but I just don't agree that playing a few deeper cuts in favor of a couple major hits is going to disappoint that many casual fans as you continue to claim. I just don't buy that argument --- this isn't a Van Morrison or a Bob Dylan situation where their set lists and song variations leave casual fans confused and bewildered. People are paying to see the Stones and dropping in a different song here and there from night to night is not going to upset the casual fan that much. Does the casual high priced ticket fan want to hear songs they know? sure they do, but are they going to feel that cheated if they hear say 7 major hits instead of 9 major hits? I don't think so.

PLEASE MOVE THE SET LIST DISCUSSION HERE: [www.iorr.org]

THIS THREAD IS ASBOUT THE SHANGHAI SHOW.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:19

bv
mnewman505
bv
Pete66
Refreshing setlist, leaving 2 warhorses out. Next time skip JJ Flash and Miss you and play Let's Spend the Night Together and Hot Stuff instead! No one will mind.
Can't wait to see them in June in Europe!

Pete.

Dropping two of the greatest crowd pleasers? Don't think that is a good idea. They will play both at every show until they call it the day.
BV, with all due respect, did you hear casual fans complain at shows on the No Security Tour or the Licks tour when they didn't play some of their major songs or played a more challenging set list? Set aside the club/theatre shows and you still have high priced tickets $300-$400+ US face value in arenas on those tours with much more interesting set lists, especially on Licks. Satisfaction wasn't played once the entire No Security tour if i'm not mistaken. I know you are sick of the set list complaining, i've been lurking and posting on here since I was a teenager, but I just don't agree that playing a few deeper cuts in favor of a couple major hits is going to disappoint that many casual fans as you continue to claim. I just don't buy that argument --- this isn't a Van Morrison or a Bob Dylan situation where their set lists and song variations leave casual fans confused and bewildered. People are paying to see the Stones and dropping in a different song here and there from night to night is not going to upset the casual fan that much. Does the casual high priced ticket fan want to hear songs they know? sure they do, but are they going to feel that cheated if they hear say 7 major hits instead of 9 major hits? I don't think so.

PLEASE MOVE THE SET LIST DISCUSSION HERE: [www.iorr.org]

THIS THREAD IS ASBOUT THE SHANGHAI SHOW.
BV I respect you a great deal but please do not shout at me. And I was responding to something you said IN THIS THREAD sir.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:24

kleermaker
Wake me up when MT is playing on another song than MR, SA and Satisfaction.

+1. I wouldn't even mention Satisfaction, honestly - giving him an acoustic guitar to strum inaudibly as a way of getting him on stage for the curtain call doesn't constitute letting him play on it. (What's weird about this is that when he first came out for Satisfaction on the American dates last year, he was playing his Les Paul and even got to solo on it once or twice. After that, they turned him down more and more, and eventually sent him out with an acoustic. Whatever they mean by it, it comes across as a ritualistic humiliation.)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:38

Wow! When was the last time they left out HTW and BS in the same show? Let alone one of them? What is happening here? I never though they would change anything in the last 2/3 of the show...

Date: March 13, 2014 19:41

Street Fighting Man (Fan Vote)

[/video]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 13, 2014 19:54

Taylor is taking Rambler to another height in Shanghai. He's really going nuts and makes the song sound freaking wild. In its sort it's fantastic.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2014 20:01

Stoneburst
Whatever they mean by it, it comes across as a ritualistic humiliation.)

Let's not exaggerate.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:07

Street Fighting Man: WOW!!!!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 13, 2014 21:39

Niek

Chuck in great form.

Date: March 13, 2014 21:42

Dead Flowers (another version)

[/video]

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 21:55

Stoneage
Wow! When was the last time they left out HTW and BS in the same show? Let alone one of them? What is happening here? I never though they would change anything in the last 2/3 of the show...

Last time they played Shanghai in '06.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:10

This SFM is really fantastic!!smiling smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:13

kleermaker
Taylor is taking Rambler to another height in Shanghai. He's really going nuts and makes the song sound freaking wild. In its sort it's fantastic.

I've only seen the amateur shot footage but it does sound great... 12 minutes of sheer joy!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: March 13, 2014 22:20

68to72
kleermaker

I've only seen the amateur shot footage but it does sound great... 12 minutes of sheer joy!

The most spectacular version since Taylor left the Stones. What he does from 4:23 on is totally new and exciting: we hear the Rambler howl as never before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 22:21 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:24

kleermaker
What he does from 4:23 on is totally new and exciting

Absolutely. Love it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:37

Niek

Fantastic!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: March 13, 2014 22:38

Sympathy For The Devil

[/video]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 13, 2014 22:55

What an amazing show - thank you - please keep the uploads coming

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:00

Sounds like a great show judgning by videos, better than the previous ones on this tour I would say.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:19

kleermaker
Taylor is taking Rambler to another height in Shanghai. He's really going nuts and makes the song sound freaking wild. In its sort it's fantastic.[/quote

That was absolutely amazing! Maybe he will tour and play nothing but Stones songs that he originally played on.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:23

Mick Taylor totally stunning. Once again amidst a brilliant tight group Taylor stretches and breaks the rules... Somehow he's not only playing like it's 1972 but he's getting the look. Even from this side view it's obvious he's standing taller, Stones have given him back his mojo, Taylorite or not, with Keith slowing' down it's insane to keep him throttled. Listen to the rhythm guitars in the verses all 3 together, powerful and Keith still does his thing.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: March 14, 2014 00:30

Just got a new computer and speakers, listening to snippets of Shanghai 2014. Dead Flowers with Keith singing backup, Street Fighting Man, woohoo! Love the setlist. You can do it boys! Still sounding good after all these years. Let's hear Salt of the Earth.

Date: March 14, 2014 00:58

DoomandGloom
Mick Taylor totally stunning. Once again amidst a brilliant tight group Taylor stretches and breaks the rules... Somehow he's not only playing like it's 1972 but he's getting the look. Even from this side view it's obvious he's standing taller, Stones have given him back his mojo, Taylorite or not, with Keith slowing' down it's insane to keep him throttled. Listen to the rhythm guitars in the verses all 3 together, powerful and Keith still does his thing.

Whenever and whatever they let MT play on the songs songs sound so fresh and reenergized. Just like the band. I hope they let him play on more songs. The music would only get better.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:13

DandelionPowderman
Who was it that cencored LSTNT in the first place again? winking smiley

Ed Sullivan of the Ed Sullivan show.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:16

PhillyFAN
DandelionPowderman
Who was it that cencored LSTNT in the first place again? winking smiley

Ed Sullivan of the Ed Sullivan show.

I believe the lyrics were changed to "let's spend some time together". I am old but remember that!

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 14, 2014 04:18

kleermaker

I enjoyed hearing Taylor break out his 60s-feedback thing. With the Stones, this type of playing was usually limited to the end of some SFMs on the '72 tour.

In the Shanghai show, the screen showed Wood soloing to begin Part 3 of Rambler.
1. Don't they usually show a graphic during that solo?
2. Anyone know why they often show the graphic instead of Wood at that point?

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: March 14, 2014 04:58

PhillyFAN
DoomandGloom

Whenever and whatever they let MT play on the songs songs sound so fresh and reenergized. Just like the band. I hope they let him play on more songs. The music would only get better.

Experimental, risky, a big pair of hairy balls draped all over this tune, sounds phat and exciting.

Really love the attitude and conviction in the playing from MT. Plays pretty broad dynamical spectrum overall as well, light sparse and gentle when required, chunky riffing, then balls out meaty solo as and when.

MORE!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 14, 2014 05:31

PhillyFAN
DoomandGloom

They just all bring their "A" game when Mr. Taylor is onstage. Really smoking version of MR.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home