Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Shanghai China March 12 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:23

LongBeachArena72
China's "westernizing" proceeds apace: sex—-"Honky Tonk Women"—-deemed more subversive than violence—-"Midnight Rambler".
Perception recognized LongBeach.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:33

Brstonesfan
Are we confident that the official figures for these Asian shows will be "sold out" and continue our record setting gross per show???

Hello Josh!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:37

kleermaker
Aquamarine
lettingitbleed
it cant ALL be sunshine and happiness. Fans are allowed to be critical sometimes. Who really wants to read nothing but happy posts about how great they are?? I realize BV loves anything and everything they do and thats fine but why should fans be prevented from sharing their thoughts and opinions? Isnt that the point of forums like this?

Yes, of course. But there's a difference between not loving every aspect of everything they do, and having nothing good to say about them and mocking those who do. As I said, this is the only band I've come across whose so-called hardcore fans take pride in that attitude.

And if so, how come? But in fact you're rhetorically denying what Lettingitbleed says. Hail to The Rolling Stones!

Now I'm totally confused. I'm agreeing with him, just saying that being critical is often taken to extremes. And why that is, I don't know.

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:43

lettingitbleed
Who really wants to read nothing but happy posts about how great they are??

I do

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:45

gotdablouse
Thanks for the pics and first reports! Wasn't that Latvian scarf at the Trabendo too? ;-)

About the pit seating, when did you find out? Was it last minute? I remember that there were numbers on our O2 pit tickets but it was supposedly just for "counting". Same there from the beginning and you just ignored it?

[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 13, 2014 01:51

Aquamarine
It's amazing, isn't it, that people are treated with scorn for saying they like their favorite band and enjoy their shows?

You'll get used to it. And even more important, you'll learn to find a way to don't give a flying f u c k about what others might think about your favorite band. Just enjoy end cherish every minute you can enjoy them, and ignore the naggers smileys with beer Cheers.

PS: I must admit that every now and then I don't succeed in that myself completely, but most of the times I do. smileys with beer Cheers again

-------------------

Date: March 13, 2014 01:53

And a big THANK YOU to everyone for the great reports

-------------------

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:53

Aquamarine
kleermaker
Aquamarine
lettingitbleed
it cant ALL be sunshine and happiness. Fans are allowed to be critical sometimes. Who really wants to read nothing but happy posts about how great they are?? I realize BV loves anything and everything they do and thats fine but why should fans be prevented from sharing their thoughts and opinions? Isnt that the point of forums like this?

Yes, of course. But there's a difference between not loving every aspect of everything they do, and having nothing good to say about them and mocking those who do. As I said, this is the only band I've come across whose so-called hardcore fans take pride in that attitude.

And if so, how come? But in fact you're rhetorically denying what Lettingitbleed says. Hail to The Rolling Stones!

Now I'm totally confused. I'm agreeing with him, just saying that being critical is often taken to extremes. And why that is, I don't know.

Because that's just your perception, which in my opinion tends to 'being critical is extreme'. But those who love the music and are critical almost if not always tell why they are critical and what they criticise.

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Date: March 13, 2014 01:54

Rolling Hansie
Aquamarine
It's amazing, isn't it, that people are treated with scorn for saying they like their favorite band and enjoy their shows?

You'll get used to it. And even more important, you'll learn to find a way to don't give a flying f u c k about what others might think about your favorite band. Just enjoy end cherish every minute you can enjoy them, and ignore the naggers smileys with beer Cheers.

PS: I must admit that every now and then I don't succeed in that myself completely, but most of the times I do. smileys with beer Cheers again

Sage advice. cool smiley

Back to watching those great tour videos! smileys with beer

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:34

Hi Gazza.smileys with beer

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:34

gotdablouse
Thanks for the pics and first reports! Wasn't that Latvian scarf at the Trabendo too? ;-)

Yep smiling smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:37

Some of my pics:

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:47

Stunning pics latvianinexile, I can't decide which one I like best. Thanks so much to you and to all the photographers on IORR, I am in awe of your talent behind the lens.

Date: March 13, 2014 02:48

Fantastic pics! smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:15

lettingitbleed

It should be, and that concept is called "freedom of speech". But then there's another concept that is "worshipping". Worshipping usually does not go along with the fact that there are two sides of each and every coin. I guess that whatever concept one follows depends on individual intellectual capacities.

grinning smileyRe: Shanghai China March 12 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:16

At band introducation, Mick forgot charlie and introduced Keith after Ronnie.
Then Keith looks a bit confused but he introduced Charlie.

It was interesting.grinning smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:26

Gazza
Brstonesfan
Are we confident that the official figures for these Asian shows will be "sold out" and continue our record setting gross per show???

Hello Josh!

Ha, my thoughts exactly!!! grinning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:36

Thanks for the great reports and pictures everyone, Shanghai definitely did not get "shanghaied" today! I love this setlist, my favorite of the Asian tour so far.

Knowing how cunning Mick can be I don't doubt for a minute that Street Fighting Man would have gotten the nod today regardless of the fan vote outcome, his way of sticking it to the Chinese government for banning certain songs. thumbs up smileys with beer

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:41

latvianinexile GREAT PHOTOS THANKSthumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 03:57

touchy people those chinese authorities, in not letting the stones sing brown sugar due to suggestive lyrics. we wouldnt want to offend them.

did the same chinese authorities say anything about their human rights record or the fact babies can be murdered for daring to be born to a mother who already has another child or just for not being a son.

see those things offend me.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 13, 2014 04:15

If an oppressive government were going to ban anything, you'd think it would be Street Fighting Man. Morons.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 13, 2014 04:49

StonesCat
They've decided to do a "Let's torture fans who want MT on stage with songs that he's great on" show.

smiling smiley Yeah, I especially hate to see DF go by without MT. Put Ronnie on pedal steel.

Date: March 13, 2014 05:45

I for one was exceptionally glad that HTW was OFF the setlist for whatever reason. It would be terrific if they built their setlists in this way from now on. The lack of two warhorses only improved the setlist and I didn't see the audience whinging about it - far from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 05:52 by Beast.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 13, 2014 05:53

OK, first video up: YCAGWYW. Song starts at 1.05 if you don't want to sit through a minute or so of enthusiastic appreciation:

Date: March 13, 2014 05:57

Could be it will take a while for videos to surface, as I understand youtube is banned in PRC.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:04

In summary, now that those of us that went to this show have submitted our views and pictures and those at home have digested them, I personally would conclude thus: if I never saw the Rolling Stones live in concert again, then I could rest happy. Having seen them in Shanghai on 12th March 2014 from the privileged position of the security rail about 10 feet in front of Mick's mike stand, I can honestly say that what I witnessed was truly astounding, and would be as good a way as any fan could dream of when or if it came ending a lifetime of devotion to seeing this band live.

Thank you Stones, there's never been a band like you, & never will be.

Needless to say however, Shanghai will NOT end up as having been the last time I saw the Stones live, there's Europe coming up. Which shows to go to ? O dear o dear, decisions decisions ......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:09

Brstonesfan

Strange question. I see full houses every night. There might be one or five empty seats, but 99,6% is in fact 100%. There will always be somebody who could not go because they were busy, so technically it is impossible to have each and every seat taken. But the houses are full. Every night so far. By the way I have pleny of pictures of the crowd that is telling exactly what I am saying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:13

Great "Latvian" pictures!

I am trying to write a quick report before I have to leave for the next flight soon - off to Singapore.

Bjornulf

Date: March 13, 2014 06:31

Brstonesfan
Hopefully, we have grossed over 24 million with the 6 shows so far.

And do we care? This fan for one does not give a toss.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2014 06:33

dcba
Imagine that the Chinese Politburo was made of hardcore fans and they demanded a setlist full of stuff like : Connection, STrain, Sway, Loving Cup... We would have had a fun setlist!

"No wah-hoses Mister Jagger. The people of China want the deep cuts. Play "Till The Next Time We Say Goodbye. Our spies in Paris know you rehearsed it in February!" >grinning smiley<

OK, that was quite good. It had the Dr. No speaking to James Bond vibe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home