Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Shanghai China March 12 Rolling Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:33

Rokyfan
Irix
buttons67

why is brown sugar missing from the list.

From the THAT'S Interview with Mick: "Back in 2006, Chinese authorities cut five Stones songs because of suggestive lyrics - 'Brown Sugar,' 'Honky Tonk Woman,' 'Beast of Burden,' 'Let's Spend the Night Together' and 'Rough Justice'."

See, the Chinese know how to get down to business. No wimpy setlist whining for them. They just say "You can't play those songs, we've heard them enough, come up with something else" and boom, the setlist changes. None of this western democracy anything goes bullshit.

Hilarious! Time for revolution!

Question: why not keep Taylor out for All Down The Line?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:39

Hound Dog
Wow can't help but think Asia is getting screwed with the shorter sets and the crazy prices still.

I remember in an interview with Keith them asking you can't do so and so songs in China and Keith was like thats ok we have hundreds others we can choose from. Instead they just cut the songs they can't play and perform less songs. Keith should just keep his mouth shut.

You mean they can't be bother to throw another song in the set to replace what they can't play. Its beyond lazy.

They go halfway across the world, they play a great set list, sounds like they were in great form, and this is the response. We're lucky they still even bother, if this is the thanks they get. thumbs down

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:40

Before they started "Miss You" Mick said they should have done "Honky Tonk Women" but it was vetoed out so may be they F**ked up last time... Well it was vetoed out last time too, so was BS too.

But why worry when you get "Ruby Tuesday" and "Paint It Black" on the same sow, and also "Dead Flowers"...

And for those who are into Mick & Keith close contact... Keith "owned" Street Fighting Man. Mick followed Keith all through the song, and as SFM finished, Mick walked over to helt and took his shoulder, sort of thanks pal this was great. Same thing on All Down The Line.

Mick forgot to introduce Charlie and went right from Ronnie intro to Keith intro, but then both Mick and Keith did great intro of Charlie, and that was when I took this Charlie picture, see above or previous page, all smiles.

The set list was different but the band was the same you know. And when they were into song number 16 I realized some of the big hits would not be on the set list tonight. No worries, it is only rock'n'roll, but I like it!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-13 06:40 by bv.

Date: March 12, 2014 20:46

Hound Dog
Wow can't help but think Asia is getting screwed with the shorter sets and the crazy prices still.

I remember in an interview with Keith them asking you can't do so and so songs in China and Keith was like thats ok we have hundreds others we can choose from. Instead they just cut the songs they can't play and perform less songs. Keith should just keep his mouth shut.

You mean they can't be bother to throw another song in the set to replace what they can't play. Its beyond lazy.

Sorry to my disappointed friend Michael who spent an arm and a leg for some of these shows, hope they try to do something a little different for you in Aussie, hope you don't miss your favorite tune Silver Train if they play it again. At least there shouldn't be in Aussie performing with them from American Idol this time around...

It's a 2 hours set...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:53

Please DO NOT start this set list complaints bit one more time. I will go raving mad and delete plus there is already a separate thread on that, easy to find it. By the was they changed a lot in Shanghai so this is not the right time anyway.

Bjornulf

Rolling Stones - Shanghai China March 12
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:57

Rolling Stones - Shanghai China March 12
Date: March 12, 2014 20:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 21:00 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2014 20:59

Hound Dog

Two played to death warhorses dropped (admittedly for ludicrous reasons) and replaced with other songs.

I'd call that a plus.

And I'm sure no one walked out in disgust either, contrary to popular belief. See? It CAN be done.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:11

must be a great evening!
Thanks for the reports and the photo's!

What a day!! Pinkpop, TW, Ruby Tuesday, Dead Flowers, all down the line...

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:18

bv
Please DO NOT start this set list complaints bit one more time. I will go raving mad and delete plus there is already a separate thread on that, easy to find it. By the was they changed a lot in Shanghai so this is not the right time anyway.
thumbs up

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 12, 2014 21:57

Are we confident that the official figures for these Asian shows will be "sold out" and continue our record setting gross per show???

Date: March 12, 2014 22:05

Anyone using the term "our" should already be privy to that information, and not obsess about it here.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:06

Thanks for the pics and first reports! Wasn't that Latvian scarf at the Trabendo too? ;-)

About the pit seating, when did you find out? Was it last minute? I remember that there were numbers on our O2 pit tickets but it was supposedly just for "counting". Same there from the beginning and you just ignored it?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:28

Hopefully, we have grossed over 24 million with the 6 shows so far.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:51

China's "westernizing" proceeds apace: sex—-"Honky Tonk Women"—-deemed more subversive than violence—-"Midnight Rambler".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 22:52 by LongBeachArena72.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:16

Brstonesfan
Hopefully, we have grossed over 24 million with the 6 shows so far.

I am not sure of the significance of the 24 million number, or why you are concerned, but simple math tells me that there's no problem. There were three shows at Tokyo Dome, all sold out on the first day of general sales, no "VIP packages" and no "lucky dip" tickets. There were 1400 Golden Circle seats at $800. Most of the rest of the seats were $180, with a very small number of seats at $160 and $140. All tickets were truly sold out, with the only "ticket drops" being obstructed view seats to the side of the stage for $100. The Dome has a stated capacity of 55,000. At an actual concert, you lose very few stand seats, and pick up a little over 10,000 seats on the field. So, conservatively estimating 45,000 tickets sold for each show at an average price of $180 (it was probably higher) gives you a $24 million gross for Tokyo alone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-12 23:50 by drbryant.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:47

Nice setlist. It's great that they (the Stones) chose (I don't think that the Chinese are allowed to vote, even if it's just a song) Street Fighting Man.

I wonder what the setlist at the German concerts will be, as our government has banned "You Got Me Rocking", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Paint it black" (with or without comma);-)

That being said I enjoyed every warhorse at Hyde Park.

Date: March 12, 2014 23:52

Seriously? Germany has banned those songs?

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:55

Setlist, complaining about even about 18( its so much!!!!!) songs, discussing weird anti-rock´n roll things, hope no one of the band is on this site, I would be ashamed.
But thaaaanks for all the positive real rolling fans on this site.

Thaaanks BV for your steady work, lovely deliverance of for all of us.
Abd pleaaaase start right now to ignore the negative-vibes.
There is so many positive stuff here to focus on.

I will do it too.

Good night.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:56

Aquamarine

Of course not. But the Stones have forbidden Merkel's party to use "Angie" for her events instead smiling smiley

Date: March 12, 2014 23:58

There were 19 songs after all, Caschimann smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: March 13, 2014 00:21

caschimann
Setlist, complaining about even about 18( its so much!!!!!) songs, discussing weird anti-rock´n roll things, hope no one of the band is on this site, I would be ashamed.
But thaaaanks for all the positive real rolling fans on this site.

Thaaanks BV for your steady work, lovely deliverance of for all of us.
Abd pleaaaase start right now to ignore the negative-vibes.
There is so many positive stuff here to focus on.

I will do it too.

Good night.

If this board is too negative for you, don't check any of the other Stones boards. There's a reason why this is referred to as the Up With People site.

Date: March 13, 2014 00:30

It's amazing, isn't it, that people are treated with scorn for saying they like their favorite band and enjoy their shows? The logic totally escapes me. Especially as, of all the bands whose forums I've joined or visited, the Stones are the only one whose "fans" take pride in insisting that they actually can't stand them.

Duh. confused smiley

Date: March 13, 2014 00:33

maradona
Aquamarine

Of course not. But the Stones have forbidden Merkel's party to use "Angie" for her events instead smiling smiley

I guess I don't get it, then. (Except the Angie part!) I'm slow on the uptake, sometimes.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 13, 2014 00:55

it cant ALL be sunshine and happiness. Fans are allowed to be critical sometimes. Who really wants to read nothing but happy posts about how great they are?? I realize BV loves anything and everything they do and thats fine but why should fans be prevented from sharing their thoughts and opinions? Isnt that the point of forums like this?

Date: March 13, 2014 01:06

lettingitbleed
it cant ALL be sunshine and happiness. Fans are allowed to be critical sometimes. Who really wants to read nothing but happy posts about how great they are?? I realize BV loves anything and everything they do and thats fine but why should fans be prevented from sharing their thoughts and opinions? Isnt that the point of forums like this?

Yes, of course. But there's a difference between not loving every aspect of everything they do, and having nothing good to say about them and mocking those who do. As I said, this is the only band I've come across whose so-called hardcore fans take pride in that attitude.

Date: March 13, 2014 01:09

Aquamarine
maradona
Aquamarine

I guess I don't get it, then. (Except the Angie part!) I'm slow on the uptake, sometimes.

I understand it like Papo feels, he wouldn't miss the mentioned songs, if they didn't play them (because he doesn't like them or heared them too often). So he ironically assumed/wished, they were banned in Germany. Which would be the only probable way, they won't be played.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:10

I see Honky Tonk Women wasn't performed due to censorship policies. Lame.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:16

Aquamarine
lettingitbleed

Yes, of course. But there's a difference between not loving every aspect of everything they do, and having nothing good to say about them and mocking those who do. As I said, this is the only band I've come across whose so-called hardcore fans take pride in that attitude.

And if so, how come? But in fact you're rhetorically denying what Lettingitbleed says. Hail to The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 13, 2014 01:17

RollingStonesRob
I see Honky Tonk Women wasn't performed due to censorship policies. Lame.

Especially when there are better reasons to drop the song

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home