Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and sports
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: March 6, 2014 21:31

Apart from Mick, do any of the other Stones does any sport or sort of?
I heard that Keith used to play some tennis , the same for Woody. Nowadays?
Charlie?
How can they keep so healthy and thin, etc?

Re: Stones and sports
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2014 21:43

You shouldn't do sports when you hit 70. A walk in the park will be enough...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 6, 2014 21:45

Keith skied. smiling smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:04

A couple of sports that they can do well past their 70's...........

A little golf

Keith has the story of Bobby's golf ball landing in his breakfast and also of Stu booking hotels outside of cities they played in because the hotels were closer to the golf courses. So I guess at least Stu and Bobby Keys golfed.

........A little bowling

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:11

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:13

Stoneage

Not true, my son had a tennis instructor who was in his 80's and he was better than most of his other teachers. I can't see a 70 plus year old playing tackle football, but just because you are officially "old" doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the sports you've always loved. Doesn't Rod Stewart still play soccer?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:18

Got it, Bloomer. You can - if you take it easy...

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:21

I think Mick Jagger stays in shape due to ballet lessons. That's what I've heard somewhere. MT likes to play tennis..at least when he was a young man, not so sure about now.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 6, 2014 23:49

I have no idea if they still play, but Mick, Charlie (& Bill) are all deeply dedicated Cricket Tragics.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:17

latebloomer
Stoneage

Not true, my son had a tennis instructor who was in his 80's and he was better than most of his other teachers. I can't see a 70 plus year old playing tackle football, but just because you are officially "old" doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the sports you've always loved. Doesn't Rod Stewart still play soccer?

I know Robert Plant does. And tennis. I seem to remember Keith's tennis experience to consist of ball-boying for his parents, or so he said.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 7, 2014 01:48

Aquamarine

I know Robert Plant does. And tennis. I seem to remember Keith's tennis experience to consist of ball-boying for his parents, or so he said.

I have a recollection of accounts in one book of sporty Mick never being able to beat lazy indolent Keith at tennis.

Does Pool/Snooker classify as "sport". The one time I went backstage they were hanging around a pool table playing....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 7, 2014 02:00

Aquamarine
latebloomer
Stoneage

With Keith's love of the sun and surf, I wouldn't be surprised if he swims for regular exercise.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2014 02:07

Bellajane
I think Mick Jagger stays in shape due to ballet lessons. That's what I've heard somewhere. MT likes to play tennis..at least when he was a young man, not so sure about now.

So plié's and piroette's are part of MJ's training regime?

Date: March 7, 2014 02:18

treaclefingers
Bellajane

So plié's and piroette's are part of MJ's training regime?

and the occasional pas de deux...grinning smiley

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 7, 2014 04:16

[/quote]

It is funny that they look like they know what they're doing. But, they are fouling on every picture. Over the line. I was raised in a bowling alley.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 7, 2014 06:08

"We bowl anywhere man!!!"

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:40

If you think of the average 70 year people, the Stones seem to be in great shape!! There must be some exercise done indeed. Maybe is not a "cool" thing to make public in Keith and Ronnie´s case (not rocanrol)but i bet they are into some kind of physical activity.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 7, 2014 15:01

I think we all know how Ronnie get's his exercise winking smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 9, 2014 08:27

Have heard Charlie keeps a string of show-stock Arabian horses but how much riding or activity he does with them is unknown to me. smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 9, 2014 11:17

dougie

It is funny that they look like they know what they're doing. But, they are fouling on every picture. Over the line. I was raised in a bowling alley.

They don't care for your petty morals... winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 9, 2014 11:29

owlbynite
Have heard Charlie keeps a string of show-stock Arabian horses but how much riding or activity he does with them is unknown to me. smiling smiley

I suspect that like many other things, Charlie just collects horses because he loves them. Think of the vintage cars he never drives, and you may come to the conclusion that he probably doesn't ride. (Though this is a guess and I would be interested to be proved wrong.) Keith on the other hand is or was a keen rider.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 11, 2014 07:38

Makes sense to me...and he sure as hell ain't out there muckin' or turnin' 'em out! winking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 11, 2014 08:54

Green Lady
owlbynite

I suspect that like many other things, Charlie just collects horses because he loves them. Think of the vintage cars he never drives, and you may come to the conclusion that he probably doesn't ride. (Though this is a guess and I would be interested to be proved wrong.) Keith on the other hand is or was a keen rider.

I read somewhere recently that Charlie said the horses were "my wife's interest," but darned if I can find the interview!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:18

CaptainCorella

I have a recollection of accounts in one book of sporty Mick never being able to beat lazy indolent Keith at tennis.

Keith in an interview said in his junkie days he would have to interrupt tennis games to shoot up, but he'd still beat Mick.

Keith doesn't move too much too often, but when he does he moves pretty well. When I saw the Stones at the MGM Grand on the Bigger Bang Tour, Keith handily completed a playful, two-footed hop down a side-stage step to the main stage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home