Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: views on children at a stones gig
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 8, 2019 09:59

My first gig was The Everly Brothers reunion tour at the age of 14 - I loved, and still do, their close harmonies. They had a great band, with Albert Lee, Pete Wingfield, Larrie Londin. My aunt and uncle took me there.

Second gig was Bruce Springsteen in 1985 at Wembley Stadium - that was me on my own - scary, but good.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 8, 2019 10:19

I first took my son when he was about 12 ...and already getting into the band on record [B2B tour],

I was 14 for my first Stones show in '73 ....but I went on my own with a couple of just slightly older mates.

It was of course a very different picture back in the day because the whole audience demographic was so different... and obviously much younger.

The younger audience members are today the minority.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 10:21 by Spud.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: February 8, 2019 11:06

I've no problem with kids what I do find a pain is some dingbat in front of me weaving about trying to film the whole gig on their phone. Paying big bucks to watch the thing on a microscopic screen!?eye rolling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 8, 2019 11:18

trying to film the whole gig on their phone

YEAH aint it a pain ….
Like ya wonder do these people
look at what they've shot ever again....EVER ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 8, 2019 11:31

Took my daughter to Wembley Arena in 2003. She was 15. No problem and I was happy she finally saw what the fuss was about.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 8, 2019 12:32

exhpart
Took my daughter to Wembley Arena in 2003. She was 15. No problem and I was happy she finally saw what the fuss was about.

Yep,
That's the payback isn't it .
Invariably when you take along young [or not so young] sceptics , they're blown away... and we have new converts grinning smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: February 8, 2019 12:43

Good point Rockman, statistics bear out people who record such things like that don't watch them. Bit like holiday videos ya make...

Who's gonny watch a shaky, blurred image with poor sound when you can pay a zillion bucks to watch it on Ultra-HD disc with 5.1 sound!? grinning smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2019 19:10

DREAMTIME
The Rolling Stones is a satanic show with much sexual content. Drugs. Lyrics about alternative lifestyles and mostly adult content. Parents should not be taking their kids where adults are using recreational alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs in excess.

Obviously you haven't noticed Jagger's constant work to whitewash the band's image since the 1989 comeback and his renewed (and quite successful) attempts to turn the live Stones act into a harmless family entertainment.

I hope Mick won't read your post otherwise he might think he'd done all this P.R. work for nothing. grinning smiley

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: February 8, 2019 19:18

I'm taking my oldest, who is 12, to the Seattle show. It'll be his first Stones show, and he is really psyched, and someday he'll consider himself very lucky to have seen these legends of Rock. I haven't taken him to any big stadium shows before (I think a show in a 50k+ seat venue requires a certain amount of self-sufficiency... in terms of being able to head to the restroom or whatever by themselves, or not panicking if you get separated). However, we have been going to shows in theaters / small outdoor picnic blanket type venues etc. since they were really young.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 8, 2019 19:58

took my 10 and 13 year old daughters to old trafford for the stones last year. tHet enjoyed it more than i thought they would, but still preferred taylor swift earlier in the week at the etihad :-)

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 8, 2019 20:25

My first Stones show was when i was 15, i can see it near B-Stage at Bridges in Mexico... very emotive memories.

In Mexico´s 2 shows in 2016 i went with my child aged 5 years, he was a cool memories till last year, but i think by age is forgeting little by little, so now we will go to Pasadena show to reinforce his experience!

Thanks to midimannz who include some clips of us in his work of March 17 DVD...

minute:1:23:50

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 8, 2019 20:45

First 3 concerts (Hendrix, Cream & the Doors) all before my 14th birthday. I did not attend any of these shows with an adult.

I took my son to his first show at about 15 to see Green Day.

When I took my son to his first Stones show, he was 18 (Slane Castle, 2007) so I guess he didn't qualify as a child

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 20:48 by BluzDude.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:06

I am taking my 14 year old. We haven't done a stadium show together yet but I took her to Katy Perry in an arena last year. For the Stones, I purposely got tickets on the side to right of stage, row one in the second tier, so there would be no one in front of us and not the pushing or trying to see over people in the pit. I think it will be great for her to see the Stones and something she will always remember just as I remember seeing the Beatles as a youngster.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:11

I say bring the kids while they can still see and hear live the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World !

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:25

TheGreek
I say bring the kids while they can still see and hear live the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World !
Yep. Thats is why I took my six year old (with hearing protection) to see his dads fav band - while they still tour.

Re: Children at Stones gigs
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2019 21:44

This thread is 14 years old. Feel free to start a new thread if needed. It is not adviced to pick up on 14 years old verbal comments, really...

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home