Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Tokyo-2 Mar 4 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 4, 2014 23:38

caschimann
I cannot believe what´s going on here:
COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SETLIST.
THEN: ST IS LIVE ON STAGE.
BUT: THE COMPLAINERS HAVE A NEW PROBLEM - ST WAS´NT PLAYED LIKE THEY EXPECTED IT.
WHAT´S NEXT?
YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
YOU WILL NEVER STOP.
BUT ALL YOU ARE IS A SMAL MINORITY IN OUR BIG COMMUNITY WHICH KNOWS WHAT EVERY
SECOND STONES LIVE IS WORTH TODAY.
PERFECT OR HALF PERFECT.

CASCHIMANNIHORRIEXPESTOPLAINNECOMCOMARIBATURIENTEINAHALFATHEODORE!

Date: March 4, 2014 23:39

StrawberriesBlueberries
DandelionPowderman
I suspect that Mick won't sing ST again. He sounds completely unrehearsed.

That's very surprising...

We hear the potential, but only fragments of the melody.

The guitar players, with their two slides-setup, could have done a lot of good stuff with this one, but they're not there yet, imo.

Only one solution: To try it again.

But Mick, seriously, the "money/honey"-rhythms - it's not rocket science...

"Completetly" sounds a bit hard, but definitely like he's not yet warm with the song, not absolutely confident. But I liked most of it, except for the parts, where he tries to sing higher towards the end and loses track. The problem is, he will probably never get warm with it, if they won't play it more regularily. And I'm not sure, they will do this. Maybe only if they put it in a new voting and it wins again. I see it's potential, too.

You definitely got my point.

When I say completely, I mean that he's out there on the key moments of the song.

I hope he tries it again.

Date: March 4, 2014 23:42

mtaylor
caschimann
I cannot believe what´s going on here:
COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SETLIST.
THEN: ST IS LIVE ON STAGE.
BUT: THE COMPLAINERS HAVE A NEW PROBLEM - ST WAS´NT PLAYED LIKE THEY EXPECTED IT.
WHAT´S NEXT?
YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.
YOU WILL NEVER STOP.
BUT ALL YOU ARE IS A SMAL MINORITY IN OUR BIG COMMUNITY WHICH KNOWS WHAT EVERY
SECOND STONES LIVE IS WORTH TODAY.
PERFECT OR HALF PERFECT.

Complaining should be about the reduction of songs and time for consert - down from 23 songs to 19 songs and 2:30 to 2:00 hour conserts. I wonder why they have reduced the length of the consert!!!

Look at what 70 year old Mick does during those two hours, and think again if more would be physically possible smileys with beer

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 4, 2014 23:42

Silver Train is very special to me too. I was going home on a North-bound train during doing my service in the (German) army then. I always had that song in my mind when leaving the station.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 4, 2014 23:43

YOU COMPLAIN ABOT A 2!!!!!!!!! HOURS GIG???????????????????
Guess you haven´t seen them live on this tour yet!!!

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:00

I remember 1981. Sun Devil Stadium. I was a student then. I was just happy to be in the stadium and see the Stones.

I still think about that night. The girls. The beer. The cheap ticket compared to today and I saw the Stones.

I guess we now live in a world where everyone is an instant critic. Why don't enjoy living and what you do get from the Greatest band in history?

We didn't sit around talking about set lists and solos. We talked about the Stones and then got laid.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:01

SPellegrino
We talked about the Stones and then got laid.

That still happens smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:04

noughties
mighty stork
Still too many negative opinions being added from people who were not there themselves.

- To be there by oneself is not the decisive thing. It is perfectly possible to judge a show from the PC. People who do this, KNOW they would`ve been bored being there. They`ve problably heard just about the same row of songs attending a previous show.

My god how can you compare sitting in front of your computer to actually being there hearing it live? Even streaming or watching You Tube takes away from the actual experience of seeing and hearing it in person. Also talk about redundancy as we always get the same negative comments from the same people because the Stones are playing too many hits. That's what the show is and it's not a bad thing that they play about 17-18 of the greatest Rock&Roll songs ever written.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:08

YES HANSIE: IT STILL HAPPENS.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:15

Silver Train live? With Taylor? Hats off to them. Like a dream come true. Wouldn't have imagined this possible a couple of years ago!

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:17

teleblaster
Silver Train live? With Taylor? Hats off to them. Like a dream come true. Wouldn't have imagined this possible a couple of years ago!

Exactly! Watching Taylor do CYHMK with them in Philadelphia last year was a dream come true.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:24

What would you rather have, an exciting slightly under-rehearsed song we have not heard for 35 years (with Taylor!), or an overplayed warhorse we have heard a million times?(worse yet, a second-rate song like YGMR, which we've heard a million times). Give me Silver Train any day. Keith pushing the rhythm along and Mick T. and Ronnie on battling slides! Oh yeah, that's what the Stones could be for a whole show. But I'm not complaining, they tried it, and I hope they keep doing it. For my money it was great, but it can only get better.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:27

fahthree
teleblaster

Exactly! Watching Taylor do CYHMK with them in Philadelphia last year was a dream come true.

+1 (For me it was in L.A.)

Date: March 5, 2014 00:34

maumau
wow that gs smokes

Yes, it was one of their better recent performances. Good energy. I liked Lisa's singing and think, Ronnie played something new? Or is he just louder than usually?

I suppose Gimme Shelter (video on p. 9) has no place in Silver Train Wonderland right now. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 00:39 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: March 5, 2014 00:37

71Tele
What would you rather have, an exciting slightly under-rehearsed song we have not heard for 35 years (with Taylor!), or an overplayed warhorse we have heard a million times?(worse yet, a second-rate song like YGMR, which we've heard a million times). Give me Silver Train any day. Keith pushing the rhythm along and Mick T. and Ronnie on battling slides! Oh yeah, that's what the Stones could be for a whole show. But I'm not complaining, they tried it, and I hope they keep doing it. For my money it was great, but it can only get better.

See the comments about GS below. BUT I don't disagree. I hope they try ST, or an other obscure number again.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:48

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
I suspect that Mick won't sing ST again. He sounds completely unrehearsed.

That's very surprising...

We hear the potential, but only fragments of the melody.

The guitar players, with their two slides-setup, could have done a lot of good stuff with this one, but they're not there yet, imo.

Only one solution: To try it again.

But Mick, seriously, the "money/honey"-rhythms - it's not rocket science...

Were you there?
thumbs down

----------------------------------------------------
Nay to those who say nay to the nay-sayers

I hope they try it again, but I don't have to be there to notice Mick's vocals. I'm glad you liked it, though.

You know what this means to all your sometimes even quite fanatic attacks on people who were just expressing their opinions based on videos when they were not happy with how (and/or what) they played...you practically denied them the right to an opinion with that repeated organ tune "were you there??"

You don't need to be glad all over with your thumbs up when people like something about the Stones and you don't need to constantly attack people when they don't like something about their (not just your) favorite band.

You just need (it would do you good) to accept other people's opinions with the same attitude and from the same motivation you want others to accept your opinion "...don't have to be there to notice..."... and to believe, to hear, to think and to share that here.

----------------------------------------------------
Yes to the nay-sayers and yes to the yes-sayers!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:50

SPellegrino

I guess we now live in a world where everyone is an instant critic.

Yup I cannot begin to imagine what kind of dirt the Stones would have gotten after the 1st show of the 72 tour if they had the Net back then :

"Oh dear, they sounded rusted tonight, they butchered the new songs from EOMS, Keith played that hooooorible Bronco guitar, and on top of it he had that dreadful stripped sweater.
My oh my they're too oldto rock! I was planning to go see them again in NYC at the end of July but blimey I'll sell my ticket and go see ELO instead. Now I'll drop a Quaalude to forget that dreadful show. Peace!"

Loser! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 12:22 by dcba.

Date: March 5, 2014 00:54

I accept their opinions, I'm just expressing mine. Honestly, I'm glad you had a positive experience with ST, Dreamer.

There were many good things about this version. Surprisingly, Mick wasn't one of them, imho. Not taking anything away from the ones who think otherwise.

Let's do it again!

Date: March 5, 2014 01:07

DandelionPowderman
I accept their opinions, I'm just expressing mine. Honestly, I'm glad you had a positive experience with ST, Dreamer.

There were many good things about this version. Surprisingly, Mick wasn't one of them, imho. Not taking anything away from the ones who think otherwise.

Let's do it again!

From now on you have to since you learned today "I don't have to be there to notice.."

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:08

I applaud the band for rolling out Silver Train.

It's a dud.

You have GOT to give MT room to breathe. It's not happening (or gonna happen) with RW and Chuck Leavell. You can see MT's body language, so conscious of being in "the band" as opposed to being in his unique spot as alpha lead during the Golden Age. The "big format" of the Stones > '89 prevents breathing room for MT in 2014.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, methinks.

MT never "meshed" in the Stones the way RW does. MT had his "spot", and that was good enough to take the band to their greatest heights.

But the band changed in 1975. You'd have to reconstruct the whole shooting match to have a chance at re-creating that special spot.

Simply put, it would mean kicking people OFF of the stage.

It ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:13

71Tele
Stonesfan2146

I never thought I would see this.

I can die happy now.

Thank you.

effing great!

Date: March 5, 2014 01:14

paulm

It's a dud.

You have GOT to give MT room to breathe. It's not happening (or gonna happen) with RW and Chuck Leavell. You can see MT's body language, so conscious of being in "the band" as opposed to being in his unique spot as alpha lead during the Golden Age. The "big format" of the Stones > '89 prevents breathing room for MT in 2014.

MT never "meshed" in the Stones the way RW does. MT had his "spot", and that was good enough to take the band to their greatest heights.

But the band changed in 1975. You'd have to reconstruct the whole shooting match to have a chance at re-creating that special spot.

It ain't gonna happen.

Yeah...
This was a dream come true.
Will be repeated though smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 01:15 by Dreamer.

Date: March 5, 2014 01:15

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Let's do it again!

From now on you have to since you learned today "I don't have to be there to notice.."

Do you really think I learned something today?

I was merely being constructive, as opposed to some whining I've been reacting to earlier.

Why the need to be so harsh?

Can't you see the nuances and the differences in criticism (as well as the genuin hope for improvement)?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:31

Toru A

P.S.
People from Prudential were sitting in the front row.(I was in second row)
They were sitting all through the show even though they are two generations younger than Stones!
All of them were fat people and wearing gray suit and tie.
Some of them left and went home when Keith started Slipping Away.
Anyway, I could see the show like in the very front row thanks to Prudential sucks.
I was lucky enough.grinning smiley

Hey Toru A
Thanks for your reports ! What a show.
How was the view from the front of the stage? Could you see everybody ok?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:40

Late to the party, but it sounded like a great one! (Who cares how somebody else plays any of these songs?) Thanks for the reviews and vids! smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:46

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Let's do it again!

I was merely being constructive, as opposed to some whining I've been reacting to earlier.

Can't you see the nuances and the differences in criticism (as well as the genuin hope for improvement)?

DP, your criticisms are constructive and never meant to be mean spirited. I think most everyone here know that. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:54

latebloomer
DP, your criticisms are constructive and never meant to be mean spirited. I think most everyone here know that

Not sure if I am most everyone, but yeah, I know smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:59

Deathgod
Toru A

P.S.
People from Prudential were sitting in the front row.(I was in second row)
They were sitting all through the show even though they are two generations younger than Stones!
All of them were fat people and wearing gray suit and tie.
Some of them left and went home when Keith started Slipping Away.
Anyway, I could see the show like in the very front row thanks to Prudential sucks.
I was lucky enough.grinning smiley

Hey Toru A
Thanks for your reports ! What a show.
How was the view from the front of the stage? Could you see everybody ok?

Hi Deathgod,

Smoking is strictly prohibited on the stage of and within Tokyo Dome.
But three guitarists ignored the rule.grinning smiley
They were all in fine shape.
More than anything, they seemed happy to play with the band.

I got the rockin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu last night.

Date: March 5, 2014 02:01

latebloomer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Let's do it again!

DP, your criticisms are constructive and never meant to be mean spirited. I think most everyone here know that. smiling smiley

Thanks, latebloomer smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 5, 2014 02:04

paulm

It's a dud.

It ain't gonna happen.

I'm afraid you're totally right with this analysis.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home