Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: Tokyo-2 Mar 4 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:31

So far we've had two shows (AD was a quick-cash Mogador-like public rehearsal).

My guess is Tokyo III might be more expenrimental then the band will decide what to do with the setlist and Taylor.
Naturally I hope they'll venture into the "unknown" : a 3 songs "back to the 69-74" era with MT would be great but it would clash with the fact that MT already guests on Keith's solo spot.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:36

The 50 and Counting set for Tokyo No. 2 could have been:

1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. It's Only Rock'n'Roll
3. Respectable
4. Paint It Black
5. Gimmie Shelter
6. Lady Jane
7. Emotional Rescue
8. Silver Train
9. Out Of Control

10. Doom And Gloom
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. Slipping Away
13. Happy
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Miss You
16. Start Me Up
17. Tumbling Dice
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. 2000 Light Years From Home
20. Brown Sugar
21. Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: March 4, 2014 17:47

Wait a minute. Are we now casually, on no one's authority, saying Keith suffered a stroke?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:00

So far, the reports indicate a great show. Thanks, everyone!

From Mick's facebook page:

Filmed by Mick at soundcheck today...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:05 by latebloomer.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:22

Mel Belli
Wait a minute. Are we now casually, on no one's authority, saying Keith suffered a stroke?

No. As we all know, the official report is that Keith fell from a coconut tree in Fiji, causing a blood clot to form in his brain that was restricting blood flow, necessitating a life risking operation. I believe that a stroke is different, although I suspect that the symptoms and risks following surgery are similar.

His surgeon was then hired to join the Stones tour for the remainder of the Bigger Bang Tour. I'm not sure - does the brain surgeon still tour with the band?

Date: March 4, 2014 18:33

DandelionPowderman
drbryant
After the first show, where Keith messed up intros, and seemed detached as he did in a number of shows following the accident, I was expecting the worst, and just hoping that he could keep it together. Instead, we saw a Keith that was energized and engaged. His eyes were wide open and alert throughout the show and his playing was inspired. Perhaps like all 70 year olds who have had a stroke he had his good days - tonight was a "good day" and with a great crowd and Mick and Ronnie breaking out the slides for "Silver Train", it added up to one of the most entertaining stadium shows in recent memory. I hope someone caught it for youtube, but during Sympathy, Keith went out to the center stage and the , in one quick motion, wheeled around and RAN back to the main stage. My jaw was on the floor - I thought it was a body double.

Anyway, a wonderful show. Life-affirming in its own small way.

What intros did he mess up really? The only thing I spotted was that he wasn't able to hear properly on Slipping Away, and ordered the band to stop it - to do it properly.

I'm not saying it was a bad show - I thought that the first show was very good. I just felt that, based on what I've seen over the 50+ shows I've seen since 1973, Keith was struggling. The intros that I recall were a little off were It's Only Rock and Roll and Gimme Shelter. It was one of those nights where he does very little posing, no leg kicks, eyes downward looking at the frets. It almost appears that his eyes are closed. It's probably not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. I'm not saying Keith's a weak link - Mick can drift out of tune. I remember he was out of key on "Start Me Up" last week. Frankly, most people don't care, and I'm not criticizing. If anything, it's just some concern.

Anyway, tonight's show made it clear that he's a battler and a survivor. I am really hoping that someone was able to record him running up the catwalk like Mick. If anything to confirm that I wasn't hallucinating. When was the last time anyone remembers Keith running on any of the stage ramps?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:39

drbryant

When was the last time anyone remembers Keith running on any of the stage ramps?

Keith was running for Silver Train, he didn't want to miss it. Just going on a southbound train with a song in his mouth.

Date: March 4, 2014 18:46

drbryant
DandelionPowderman
drbryant
After the first show, where Keith messed up intros, and seemed detached as he did in a number of shows following the accident, I was expecting the worst, and just hoping that he could keep it together. Instead, we saw a Keith that was energized and engaged. His eyes were wide open and alert throughout the show and his playing was inspired. Perhaps like all 70 year olds who have had a stroke he had his good days - tonight was a "good day" and with a great crowd and Mick and Ronnie breaking out the slides for "Silver Train", it added up to one of the most entertaining stadium shows in recent memory. I hope someone caught it for youtube, but during Sympathy, Keith went out to the center stage and the , in one quick motion, wheeled around and RAN back to the main stage. My jaw was on the floor - I thought it was a body double.

What intros did he mess up really? The only thing I spotted was that he wasn't able to hear properly on Slipping Away, and ordered the band to stop it - to do it properly.

I'm not saying it was a bad show - I thought that the first show was very good. I just felt that, based on what I've seen over the 50+ shows I've seen since 1973, Keith was struggling. The intros that I recall were a little off were It's Only Rock and Roll and Gimme Shelter. It was one of those nights where he does very little posing, no leg kicks, eyes downward looking at the frets. It almost appears that his eyes are closed. It's probably not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. I'm not saying Keith's a weak link - Mick can drift out of tune. I remember he was out of key on "Start Me Up" last week. Frankly, most people don't care, and I'm not criticizing. If anything, it's just some concern.

Anyway, tonight's show made it clear that he's a battler and a survivor. I am really hoping that someone was able to record him running up the catwalk like Mick. If anything to confirm that I wasn't hallucinating. When was the last time anyone remembers Keith running on any of the stage ramps?

I think I remember a video from 50 & Counting, where he did that also. But I don't know, which song or where. But I was surprised as well, that's why I remember it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:48 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: March 4, 2014 18:49

drbryant
DandelionPowderman
drbryant

ok. The last time I saw Keith running was during JJF in HP. It's on the SSS DVD as well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:51

Looking forward to hearing ST. Otherwise looks like a very standard show with only 19 songs. Glad to hear Keith sounded better tonight .

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:53

DandelionPowderman
drbryant
DandelionPowderman
drbryant

ok. The last I saw Keith running was during JJF in HP. It's on the SSS DVD as well smiling smiley

I think he did a somewhat fast walking back tonstage, on the catwalk, with Ronnie at HP2. was it miss you? didnt play while running, though. At one of the 2012 O2 gigs he walked with Jagger during JJF or Satisfaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 18:54 by Wroclaw.

Date: March 4, 2014 18:57

He walked/skipped the ramp here in the US at the shows I attended when they played Miss You and off course Satisfaction

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:01

O2/1 he walked all around during Sympathy and "bumped" into Mick, got a great pic of that, at HP1 he RAN back alone from the B-Stage at the end of Miss You I think, at HP2 he came back with Ronnie but not as fast, hehe, anyway, good to hear he's...70 and On Fire...can't wait for the ST video now...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 4, 2014 19:06

This wasn't a skip, it was a full out sprint ala Jagger. He wasn't playing. He was carrying his guitar in one hand. Maybe I was seeing things - let's wait. There were 50,000 mobile phones in attendance - someone will post it.

Date: March 4, 2014 19:06

The "real" running/sprint was during JJF in HP1.

The Miss You-thing, where he pretends to catch up with the others looked choreographed to me, and did happen in several shows. It was funny, nonetheless smiling smiley

Re: complaints setlist layout etc. etc
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:10

black paint it, black paint it, black you devil ... why always black ...? it doesn't feel good always black ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:19

TOKYO SHOW #2:

More pictures here: [www.iorr.org]

Reports coming soon...

Bjornulf

Date: March 4, 2014 19:28

Just saw Silver Train on you tube..not bad at all for a first try... Taylor was excellent.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:29

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:30

Nice that finally everyone got their wish and Silver Train was played. Looked like a good song list, not a lot of changes but still looked to be a rocking show. Still too many negative opinions being added from people who were not there themselves. But that's just my opinion lol. So if you can see yourself in this photo I would love to hear what you thought of the show:

Bitch & moan report: does look like a big distance between stage and seating.

Date: March 4, 2014 19:31

Brstonesfan
Just saw Silver Train on you tube..not bad at all for a first try... Taylor was excellent.

Why didn't you post it here??

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:35

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:38

kleermaker
drbryant

When was the last time anyone remembers Keith running on any of the stage ramps?

Keith was running for Silver Train, he didn't want to miss it. Just going on a southbound train with a song in his mouth.

He did it in Hyde Park 2

Date: March 4, 2014 19:39

The 3 guitar approach really improves the quality of the performance. Mick was a bit slow on the lyrics, but the guitars are quite good.

Date: March 4, 2014 19:48

Thanks for posting Brstonesfan. I couldn't find it myself.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:49

Stonesfan2146

That was fun!
Thanks for posting.
Good playing too boys, all of ya!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:49

Thank you very much for all the reviews from those who were really there. Love you guys and dolls.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:50

Stonesfan2146

Love it! Yes it is a bit rough but man is that fun!!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:52

i am so sick and tired of hearing about this and that about keef hitting his head when he fell out of the tree in fuji . keef has RECOVERED very well thank you very much and he is rocking and rolling like only he knows how to, proof is in the pudding just check out the videos or go to the shows .it's all there .nothing but the best from the GLIMMER TWINS .rocking out since 1962 . that's pretty good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:54

mighty stork
Still too many negative opinions being added from people who were not there themselves.

- To be there by oneself is not the decisive thing. It is perfectly possible to judge a show from the PC. People who do this, KNOW they would`ve been bored being there. They`ve problably heard just about the same row of songs attending a previous show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home