Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Anyone know anything about basses? Help needed
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 3, 2014 16:31

Not a perfect example of a Framus Star Bass, this has had a refurbishment which still needs continuing but I can't really pay the ridiculous prices some places ask for the Star Bass.

I've been playing for a few years but know next to nothing about the set up/ tech sides of basses, Does this seem a good deal or would does it look like something to steer clear of?

[www.ebay.de]

Re: OT: Anyone know anything about basses? Help needed
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:07

If the bass is in good shape, the neck is straight, and you like it, for that money I would take it. Change strings, electronics and PU and you should have a more than decent instrument for 350 euro. If the PU is good you can reuse it or sell it once you upgrade your bass.

I have a shitty Yamaha bass that I keep only because it was signed by Darryl Jones. As a matter of fact, equipped with SD's antiquity p-bass pick up, new electronics and played through a beautiful B15, it sounds good enough to me.

C

Re: OT: Anyone know anything about basses? Help needed
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:20

liddas
If the bass is in good shape, the neck is straight, and you like it, for that money I would take it. Change strings, electronics and PU and you should have a more than decent instrument for 350 euro. If the PU is good you can reuse it or sell it once you upgrade your bass.

I have a shitty Yamaha bass that I keep only because it was signed by Darryl Jones. As a matter of fact, equipped with SD's antiquity p-bass pick up, new electronics and played through a beautiful B15, it sounds good enough to me.

C

Many thanks for your advice smiling smiley I've decided not to go for it as the neck has been brought forward on it, which I've been assured will affect the action.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home