Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Europe 1982
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:38

Mathijs
silkcut1978_
Grison
Mathijs
silkcut1978_
Stu was the one who decided if they play Angie or not on the 2nd half of the tour. if the audience was great yes, otherwise they left it out (as in Vienna for instance).

Angie was added to the set of the Madrid show on July 7, 1982, and was then played on each and every show until the end of the tour.

Mathijs
They skipped on Chantilly Lace after 3rd concert in Frankfurt and sometimes Let it Bleed was not played after thatas well.

Yes, but Angie was on the set-list for Vienna but (probably) because of the tired and lazy audience it was dropped. I remember only a few things about this gig but I still recall how Mick ran over to Stu before the "Angie-slot" and Stu shook his head and the show went on with the next standard-track (Tumbling Dice).

I would doubt it as Angie wasn't rehearsed until Madrid, July 7th.

Mathijs

Thats ludicris...I'm rehearsing Angie right now...sound good too

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 6, 2014 08:33

I do not know if they rehearsed a lot during these days. Waiting outside the night before the opening to get first row we never hear any soundcheck on the actual stadium shows I have attented. As they played more or less the same songs on every concert in Europe except for the minimal changes after Frankfurt 3rd concerts they knew how to play.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: March 8, 2014 02:39

it´s strange...very strange....is there really 32 years between Ronnie Wood 1982 and Ronnie Wood 2014?
I want to drink same boozes and drinks he did.
I want to believe i still have chances....im now 35 years old as he was in 1982.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2014 03:49

Grison
I do not know if they rehearsed a lot during these days. Waiting outside the night before the opening to get first row we never hear any soundcheck on the actual stadium shows I have attented. As they played more or less the same songs on every concert in Europe except for the minimal changes after Frankfurt 3rd concerts they knew how to play.

They rehearsed for over three weeks at Shepperton Studios for the Euro tour. The final chapter of Gered Mankowitz's 'Satisfaction' book features some photos from a day when he was recommissioned to shoot some pics of them for the first time since the mid 60s. It didnt end very well.

They rehearsed for about 6-7 weeks for the American leg.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 10, 2014 13:21

Gazza
Grison

They rehearsed for over three weeks at Shepperton Studios for the Euro tour. The final chapter of Gered Mankowitz's 'Satisfaction' book features some photos from a day when he was recommissioned to shoot some pics of them for the first time since the mid 60s. It didnt end very well.

Thanks for the info. I knew that they rehearsed before the tours at that time. But unlike like during the last tours after 2000 or I recall Urban Jungle in 1990 they did not rehearse a lot in the stadiums at that time.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:12

was there a lazy and tired audience in vienna?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 10, 2014 15:27

Grison
Gazza
Grison

Thanks for the info. I knew that they rehearsed before the tours at that time. But unlike like during the last tours after 2000 or I recall Urban Jungle in 1990 they did not rehearse a lot in the stadiums at that time.

I think they only tended to do the stadium 'dress rehearsals' at the very start of a tour in the US. In 1990 though they did some reharsals at Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam on 15 & 16 May before the tour started there on the 18th.

Even in 2002 when the tour started with an arena, stadium and then theatre show in the Boston area, the last few days of reharsals consisted of a few days in the Fleet Centre, then a couple in Gillette Stadium finishing the day before the tour opened at the Fleet Centre.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home