Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Saint Of Me Audience Participation
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2020 02:03

Glam Descendant
GasLightStreet
jbwelda
Well I am in Norte America and believe me I wouldn't pay anywhere near that and I don't even have a phone capable of sending or receiving text messages (much less taking pictures or recording audio or video).

So I guess that leaves me out.

I like audience participation but
jb

In New Orleans, Jazz Fest tickets continue to go up ... It's still cheap compared to seeing... the Stones in the Superdome ...

I saw the Stones in the Superdome last year for under $30 (front floor section to boot).

Lucky Dips! I got them in Seattle...not floors but amazing seats beside stage.

Re: Track Talk: Saint Of Me
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:17

I am so done starting threads on this site. Leavell was supposed to read "audience participation" and take a note. Saint Of Me Track Talk, good luck with that

Date: January 22, 2020 04:52

Nikkei
I am so done starting threads on this site. Leavell was supposed to read "audience participation" and take a note. Saint Of Me Track Talk, good luck with that

So...you're switching to finishing threads instead?!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 22, 2020 06:24

Lol...that's funny treaclefingers...the thread killer.grinning smiley

Date: January 22, 2020 19:40

Come on now, when was the last time I got a thread finished?

Date: January 30, 2020 02:26

Nikkei

Does @#$%& count?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 30, 2020 16:56

Gazza
LazarusSmith
keefriff99
I thought both Saint of Me and OOC had the potential to become latter-day warhorses. Not sure why it didn't materialize.

not to put too fine a point on it ... but maybe because they weren't very ... good? and people didn't like them?

You obviously must have been at different shows from the ones Ive heard and attended in 1998 and 1999.

They were absolute showstoppers every night. It blew away the myth that Stones audiences didnt go for new songs.

They havent managed - or tried - to create that buzz again in the last two decades.

Then again, BTB was the last tour they did before the sky-high ticket prices became the norm and they started pandering to a different type of audience.

Gazza is absolutely correct. I would take either of these two songs in any current setlist and unfortunately missed them whenever I have seen them since the BTB tour.

"You Got Me Rocking" pales in comparison as "the" latter day warhorse.

Date: January 30, 2020 19:23

treaclefingers
Nikkei

Does @#$%& count?

yeah i forgot that @#$%& was @#$%&

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2020 02:59

Glam Descendant
GasLightStreet
jbwelda
Well I am in Norte America and believe me I wouldn't pay anywhere near that and I don't even have a phone capable of sending or receiving text messages (much less taking pictures or recording audio or video).

So I guess that leaves me out.

I like audience participation but
jb

In New Orleans, Jazz Fest tickets continue to go up ... It's still cheap compared to seeing... the Stones in the Superdome ...

I saw the Stones in the Superdome last year for under $30 (front floor section to boot).

Don't ever talk to me again.

Date: January 31, 2020 03:04

I can't recall if I've commented about this song but this song has always bugged me: they made a stink about it having sampled drums... that Charlie recorded listening to Dre or whatever... yet it sounds practically normal and is borderline bland ie middle of the road Stones (with some absurd lyrics).

There is nothing exceptional about the song. It's got some good things, like the I said yeah, oh yeah bits... sing along stuff that goes over well in shows where people engage.

The version on NO SECURITY is pretty damn good - maybe because it's Charlie playing with the song - but the LP version is a bit of a yawn.

I like it but I don't love it. I do include the edit version on some updated playlists of REWIND or FIFTY LICKS etc.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 23:34

OK song, but would at best become a B side back in the 60s or 70s and quickly forgotten. But certainly not embarrassing.

My shock is that Billy Preston played on it. I thought he had long ago fallen away from the Stones. Also shocked that Keef is not on it. Was it a Mick solo track originally that became a Stones track?

Date: February 1, 2020 17:06

buffalo7478
OK song, but would at best become a B side back in the 60s or 70s and quickly forgotten. But certainly not embarrassing.

My shock is that Billy Preston played on it. I thought he had long ago fallen away from the Stones. Also shocked that Keef is not on it. Was it a Mick solo track originally that became a Stones track?

The fact that Keith isn't on it might give you an answer, although for some stupid reason Keith "plays" on Mick's MAWGJ, which was a solo track.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home