Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rumor: Rolling Stones in HCMC 17th March
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 3, 2014 07:00

Rumors here in Ho Chi Minh City have it the Stones will play a surprise gig on the 17th. The date is indeed free. I'd have to rebook a few flight etc., does anyone know if this will happen? I'm aware chances are not very high.

Re: Rumor: Rolling Stones in HCMC 17th March
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 3, 2014 10:34

They'd go to Vietnam just for a surprise gig? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Lorenz! Will you be in Europe for the summer gigs? Cheers.

Date: March 3, 2014 11:30

Well, I'll actually leave to go back to Europe on March 13th, so I'm somewhat on the edge about this gig grinning smiley
Planning to see a few shoes in Europe, but will depend a lot on the prices. It's not even that I can't afford it, I just don't feel it's right like paying more than €100 for a ticket.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 3, 2014 11:32

I have yet to hear any rumours here about that! I will start asking around. Can't think of anywhere suitable except the National Opera Theater....

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 3, 2014 12:07

A show on the 17th would mean three shows in five days. They haven't done that since 2007.
The tour dates for 2012-2014 have been more spread out, with more days off.
Not saying it couldn't happen, though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-03 12:07 by erikjjf.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 3, 2014 12:58

It it was true, I will fly to HCMC.
I already have a flight from Singapore to Bangkok on 16th.
Very easy.>grinning smiley<

Date: March 3, 2014 13:10

StonedAsia
I have yet to hear any rumours here about that! I will start asking around. Can't think of anywhere suitable except the National Opera Theater....

I have a feeling they'd play Cargo if they come at all - but it has a cap of only 1000 maybe.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 3, 2014 15:07

Lorenz
Well, I'll actually leave to go back to Europe on March 13th, so I'm somewhat on the edge about this gig grinning smiley
Planning to see a few shoes in Europe, but will depend a lot on the prices. It's not even that I can't afford it, I just don't feel it's right like paying more than €100 for a ticket.

I feel exactly the same this time around. Of the rumoured places, Antwerp, Werchter, Landgraaf and Cologne are all within a one hour drive from my home. But I'm not sure about going. Last year at Hyde Park July 13th I've had an awful lot of fun, wouldn't have missed it for the world. But this year for the first time I fear I might become fed up with the warhorse routine. Since they seem to get away with that even in arenas these days (like Antwerp en Cologne would be), I don't think I'd bother going everywhere. Just one or two.

And then I think my wife wouldn't let me go to all these gigs while leaving her to care for little Lisa winking smiley.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 3, 2014 18:59

no way

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:37

Would be cool but will probably go the way of the mysterious Bangkok show...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home