Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Tokyo-1 Feb 26 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 1, 2014 11:14

[matome.naver.jp]

Sorry all comments are in Japanese.
But some witnesses in Tokyo.

It looks the boys enjoying Tokyo life.
I think some people ask an autograph or a selfie but maybe no mobbing.

Date: March 1, 2014 11:35

bv
rusty
The health of one the Stones is not related to a Show ???

Not really, unless you are their doctor and you have been allowed to discuss their health in the public.

I do see that there are a lot of amateeur doctors around, talking about health, wigs, strokes, dehydration, somebody falling over, finger problems, who knows may be there will be discussions about eyes, I think may be they use eye drops, and why does Mick drink all the time? Is it really EVIAN water or what is it?

Are there any real doctors or wig experts around here? Is it normal to discuss the health of a person in public? Without any medical records or personal approval whatsoever? If so, and I say IF SO, then it would be appropriate to start a separate HEALTH tread, but health and politics is pretty much "I think you think" really.

Let us move on with Tokyo-1 show comments. Thank you. And an odd cherry blossom or sushi comment, I am sure Mick is having some sushi or tofu by now.

I understand, that we, though it originally started in direct relation to the Tokyo show, went too off topic here and that it tends generally to be repetitive because of much ongoing speculation without confirmation. And I'm glad I found some videos to get more on topic again myself. But it's not really a mystery, why fans are interested in this topic again and again. It's the result of a mixture of worry and hope related to an important band member and his music, combined with sparse, uncertain information to base your hope and worry on, which rises a lot of questions when trying to somehow understand observations regarding a show. And this worry and hope naturally get nurtured by every new performances like the one in Tokyo.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 1, 2014 11:41

muenke
Toru A
muenke
Hi guys! Someone mentioned, that one of the next Tokyo-Shows will be taped for TV? Any more infos concerning that issue?

3/4 will be a run through.
McCartney's Tokyo Dome show in last November is sceduled for pay TV coming March 22.
I guess Stones show will be shown before FIFA worldcup.

Hi and Thanks ... Don´t forget to press the "record-button" when it´s on TV over there in Japan! Have a great time ... smileys with beer

I don't want to be shooted by TV cameras.
Cause I'll charge my clients at night rate for my work on 3/4 and 3/6.
If my clients find me on TV screen, they'll shoot me.grinning smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 1, 2014 12:17

Saw in Brown Sugar Mick's run along the whole stage. Unbelievable. Saw him doing it same way in 1990. Tokyo 1 is REALLY On Fire! thumbs up

Date: March 1, 2014 12:22

Rolling Hansie
Any Tokyo-1 Feb 26 Stones 2014 show live updates ?????

Look at sister on the interview at the 1:13 mark.

They are saying like this:
Our father was running the cafe nemed Rolling Stone.
He is a big fan of the Stones.
However, he has died the other day, so he couldn't come here today.
We are here instead of him.

They are answering this kind of story with a nervous laugh, but probably this is a Japanese characteristic.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 12:24 by Toru A.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 1, 2014 12:42

Personally I don't think it is boring in Japan. I have been out walking every day. Yesterday it was sunshine, blue sky and probably +17 C outside. I visited the Narita Shinshoji Temple. Walked for four hours and enjoyed a beer afterwords. Hopefully the Stones can enjoy Tokyo too, not only from their hotel rooms. I will assume they find some temple or other interesting places to visit, without papparazzis that is.

Bjornulf

Date: March 1, 2014 12:52

Green Lady
So I guess not many videos, then?

Slightly longer bit of Emotional Rescue

Gimme Shelter (complete)

VIDEO REMOVED DUE TO STUPIDITY OF POSTER WHO CAN'T TELL ABU DHABI FROM TOKYO.

I really don't want to trouble you... but it seems you also couldn't tell Miss You from Emotional Rescue... I think you had a bad day then. grinning smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:02

bv
rusty

Not really, unless you are their doctor and you have been allowed to discuss their health in the public.

I do see that there are a lot of amateeur doctors around, talking about health, wigs, strokes, dehydration, somebody falling over, finger problems, who knows may be there will be discussions about eyes, I think may be they use eye drops, and why does Mick drink all the time? Is it really EVIAN water or what is it?

Are there any real doctors or wig experts around here? Is it normal to discuss the health of a person in public? Without any medical records or personal approval whatsoever? If so, and I say IF SO, then it would be appropriate to start a separate HEALTH tread, but health and politics is pretty much "I think you think" really.

Let us move on with Tokyo-1 show comments. Thank you. And an odd cherry blossom or sushi comment, I am sure Mick is having some sushi or tofu by now.

I understand that this issue is out of topic here in Tokyo 1 - thread but I was just interested myself if Keith has publicly himself commented on the condition of his fingers but apparently he hasn't.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:05

Oh dear. But thanks, anyway - I'd rather people told me.

(and they say Keith might have Alzheimer's - there's a much better candidate right here!)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:12

Some more pictures from the TOKYO #1 show Wednesday Feb. 26:

Bjornulf

Date: March 1, 2014 13:23

rollingon
bv
rusty

I understand that this issue is out of topic here in Tokyo 1 - thread but I was just interested myself if Keith has publicly himself commented on the condition of his fingers but apparently he hasn't.

He showed the interviewer his fingers and called them "beat up" on the Australian 60 minutes special a couple of months ago. The interviewer brought up the topic...

Date: March 1, 2014 13:25

Here is a list of the songs we have videos of:

Get off of My Cloud, It's Only Rock 'n Roll (just parts, bad quality, talked over)

It's Only Rock 'n Roll (just part, Mick not audible)

Tumbling Dice (no video)

Wild Horses (almost complete, misses the beginning)

Emotional Rescue (only ending)

Doom And Gloom (no video)

Bitch (Fan vote) (no video)

Honky Tonk Women (no video)

Band introductions (missing the beginning)

Slipping Away (no video)

Before They Make Me Run (no video)

Midnight Rambler (no video)

Miss You (part from the second half)

Paint It Black (no video)

Gimme Shelter (no video)

Start Me Up (almost complete, misses a bit of the intro)

Brown Sugar (almost complete, misses a bit of the intro)

Jumpin Jack Flash (almost complete, misses a bit of the intro)

Sympathy for the Devil (complete)

You Can't Always Get What You Want (part from the second half, with very unsatisfying ending)

Satisfaction (complete)

I had not noticed before, but they didn't play Honky Tonk Women, according to their official website. Is this typical for a Japanese set or unusual?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 13:51 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:30

StrawberriesBlueberries
I had not noticed before, but they didn't play Honky Tonk Women, according to their official website. Is this typical for a Japanese set or unusual?

They did play HTW in Tokyo.
[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 1, 2014 13:49

erikjjf
StrawberriesBlueberries

They did play HTW in Tokyo.
[www.iorr.org]

I didn't compare with the live Twitter report and couldn't remember, but thought it was strange. So the official website forgot HTW in the list.

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 1, 2014 13:50

Really like the Mick photo. Perhaps they could do a tour book with photos of the band in their off time between shows as they travel.

Thank you for the new videos. Looking forward to the next show and updates in Tokyo.

Are they doing another fan song vote for Tokyo 2?

Date: March 1, 2014 14:15

Wild Horses - Jagger sings very well...

I get goosebumps...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 1, 2014 14:29

OK: let's see if I can get it right this time.

Another partial Miss You - closeup on Mick:

and another JJF (quiet sound, but beggars can't be choosers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-01 14:30 by Green Lady.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 1, 2014 14:38

bv
Mick Jagger in front of a cherry blossom tree in Tokyo is as on topic as it may get, even if it is more natural in the general Tokyo thread which is still here:

Tokyo Rolling Stones shows and travel info : [www.iorr.org]

I delete posts which are obviosuly FAR OUT OF TOPIC, like hair and health discussions. They are both personal and NOT related to Tokyo show reports. But please understand that I do have a life, I do not fine check everything post on IORR, there will always be on and off topic discussuions going on, no harm, but the fact that one or a few 10% off-topic posts survive here does not really mean that is the standard. I just DO NOT want these endless wig discussions going on in the wrong places. If you are interested in wigs, go get one. If you are interested in healt issues, go see a doctor. Health is a personal matter, and not open for discussion in the Tokyo show report thread. Wonder why I have to spell out this really.

I had forgotten about that thread BV, sorry about posting the photo here instead. I think a lot of times it has to do with expediency, whichever thread is on the first page that has some connection to what people want to talk about. Not an excuse, but normal behavior. Like opening the refrigerator and grabbing the first thing that looks good, or posting something ten minutes before having to leave for work. smiling smiley

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: March 1, 2014 15:21

bv
Personally I don't think it is boring in Japan. I have been out walking every day. Yesterday it was sunshine, blue sky and probably +17 C outside. I visited the Narita Shinshoji Temple. Walked for four hours and enjoyed a beer afterwords. Hopefully the Stones can enjoy Tokyo too, not only from their hotel rooms. I will assume they find some temple or other interesting places to visit, without papparazzis that is.

You would think ( hope) that the Stones would want to visit the disaster region which is still recovering from the earthquake/tsunami.It would be good if they did.

Date: March 1, 2014 23:19

tornnfrayed
bv

You would think ( hope) that the Stones would want to visit the disaster region which is still recovering from the earthquake/tsunami.It would be good if they did.

The Stones, as a group and as individuals, have been plenty generous over the years. They travel everywhere and everyplace has experienced some sort of tragedy. I have always liked the notion that they help but don't make it a formal public thing to look like they are good people. They share their creative work with the world. They share their good fortunes privately and on causes they believe in (i.e., Keith helping a hospital a few years ago in England near Redlands).

Date: March 1, 2014 23:42

latebloomer
bv
Mick Jagger in front of a cherry blossom tree in Tokyo is as on topic as it may get, even if it is more natural in the general Tokyo thread which is still here:

Tokyo Rolling Stones shows and travel info : [www.iorr.org]

I delete posts which are obviosuly FAR OUT OF TOPIC, like hair and health discussions. They are both personal and NOT related to Tokyo show reports. But please understand that I do have a life, I do not fine check everything post on IORR, there will always be on and off topic discussuions going on, no harm, but the fact that one or a few 10% off-topic posts survive here does not really mean that is the standard. I just DO NOT want these endless wig discussions going on in the wrong places. If you are interested in wigs, go get one. If you are interested in healt issues, go see a doctor. Health is a personal matter, and not open for discussion in the Tokyo show report thread. Wonder why I have to spell out this really.

I had forgotten about that thread BV, sorry about posting the photo here instead. I think a lot of times it has to do with expediency, whichever thread is on the first page that has some connection to what people want to talk about. Not an excuse, but normal behavior. Like opening the refrigerator and grabbing the first thing that looks good, or posting something ten minutes before having to leave for work. smiling smiley

@latebloomer
I loved that photo - thanks for posting

@bv
if you are addressing me: I only tried to respond to the deleted post and proclaim how ridiculous I think these wick and hair discussions are.....SORRY there must have been some misunderstanding!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 1, 2014 23:45

Keith did a fund-raising thing for the Japanese earthquake victims, I've still got the T-shirt! I remember him saying at the time that the Japanese have been some of the Stones' biggest fans.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:16

bv
Mick Jagger in front of a cherry blossom tree in Tokyo is as on topic as it may get,
That's a plum tree. Still too early for cherry blossoms...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:27

tornnfrayed
So how are the Stones spending 10 days in Tokyo ? It must get pretty boring for them seeing as the weather is pretty bad these days.
I can't see how it is possible to be bored in Tokyo. The city is a living, breathing, jumping thing with some of the best restaurants in the world, a diverse and thriving music scene, scores or museums, temples, shrines and anything else you can think of. You could spend 6 months there and still not see and do eveything there is to do there. So, I wouldn't worry about the fellows getting "bored"....

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: March 2, 2014 04:43

ChrisM
tornnfrayed
So how are the Stones spending 10 days in Tokyo ? It must get pretty boring for them seeing as the weather is pretty bad these days.
I can't see how it is possible to be bored in Tokyo. The city is a living, breathing, jumping thing with some of the best restaurants in the world, a diverse and thriving music scene, scores or museums, temples, shrines and anything else you can think of. You could spend 6 months there and still not see and do eveything there is to do there. So, I wouldn't worry about the fellows getting "bored"....

The Stones have been here many times before and have seen it all I am sure. Tokyo does get boring after you have been here a while. Kyoto, on the other hand, does not. Just my personal preference.

Date: March 2, 2014 10:53

tornnfrayed
ChrisM
tornnfrayed

The Stones have been here many times before and have seen it all I am sure. Tokyo does get boring after you have been here a while. Kyoto, on the other hand, does not. Just my personal preference.

They could practice playing and singing scales...

And Keith could play scales with the guitar...
(those higher octave scales for the sympathy solos)

And write new songs for the future album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 13:23 by rollingon.

Date: March 2, 2014 13:10

[video]

[/video

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 2, 2014 13:47

jumpingjackflash68
[video]

[/video

Thank's - seems as if at least twice Keith had extended his playing in one section (at the end of the intro and just before Lisa's solo part) - think it also happened several times in the 70s with this specific song.

Anyway. Wish they would bring back the special female singer guest for GS as in 2012 - it was a great fresh thing and new life for the song. At least for those of us watching all those videos, gig after gig (and if lucky also attend 1-2 gigs in that year) the GS and MY looks too much of a complete, perfectly rehearsed to the smallest detail, of each other.

Date: March 2, 2014 13:55

StrawberriesBlueberries
Did somebody at least make an AUDIO recording of Gimme Shelter, Bitch and Slipping Away?

Taylor's backing chorus was just beautiful from the 3:50 mark.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-02 13:55 by Toru A.

Date: March 2, 2014 13:55

tornnfrayed

Not to go too OT but something about your comment bothers the crap out of me.
Why do the Stones or any other celebrity have to publicly grieve/ or show sympathy for anything they had nothing to do with?

What do you want from them? Should Ronnie and Charlie put on hazmat suits and go out to the Fukashima plant? Do Mick and Keith have to sit on boats all day blocking dolphin kills? Does Mick Taylor have to place flowers at the schools washed away by the tsunami? And what of the backing musicians? Should Chuck, Bobby, Bernard, Lisa and Tim play on a street corner for earthquake relief?

And how about Pierre and the rest of the crew? What do you want and where does it end?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home