Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Tokyo-1 Feb 26 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:47

Tokyo Dome @ 4:45pm

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:48

Thanks for the concert reviews and outdoors pics and indoors pics?
Thanks

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:51

not easy to sing with the pollution mask lol

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:58

Date: February 26, 2014 18:58

Tokyo Dome @ 5:20pm

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:02

jhrock83
not easy to sing with the pollution mask lol
It's not for pollution. It's allergy season in Japan. You are thinking of China...

Date: February 26, 2014 19:03

Tokyo Dome @ 5:30pm

Date: February 26, 2014 19:11

...two hours fifteen minutes in line to purchase the official merchandise...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 19:13 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:11

StonedIn Tokyo , great review ,and awesome photos !!!!!!!!

Date: February 26, 2014 19:16

The Rolling Stones at The Tokyo Dome on February 26, 2014
Photo taken at 5:48pm (Showtime 7pm)

Apologies but this is my last photo (camera confiscated upon entry):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 19:24 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: February 26, 2014 19:20

StonedInTokyo
The Rolling Stones at The Tokyo Dome on February 26, 2014

Apologies but this is my last photo (camera confiscated upon entry):

Thanks for posting so many pictures and some of the Japanese Stones shirts are amazing.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:21

Oooh, I want that Geisha girl tee! smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2014 19:22

StonedInTokyo
...two hours fifteen minutes in line to purchase the official merchandise...

I've waited longer in line at a ramen ya. That's Japan!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:26

I have never seen any longer merchandise queues in my life. The queue was going out of the Dome area and long long probably halfway to Narita! May be they are still taking orders...

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:26

OK. This is just the first part of my TOKYO-1 report:

They are into Gimme Shelter. I am getting goosebumps. I just realize this is the day. They have not played "Silver Train" yet, but there is no way I could replace one single song they have been performing yet with any other song. Which means I am about to experience the perfect show - for me!

I am all a big smile. The crowd has been great ever since they started queuing for merchandise this morning. Mick has been consuming their energy from start. Keith has been constantly in front of Charlie song by song now. Keith is just stepping forward when he has got something important to say - through his guitar. And again and again, he is there with his angry smile, belting out his famous riffs. Some times with a false start like on IORR, but it is part of the show and I would not even bother, he is on track within the next riff, and the band is so tight tonight.

It is these rare moments when Mick just go into a higher energy level. Like on "Brown Sugar", a song many people just read from the set list and say "boooring"... So sad. Tonight "Brown Sugar" is on fire. The crowd is singing. Mick is running. Keith is riffing. Ronnie and Charlie doing their job. The band are on and the crowd are on. Mick is just returning from the long walk out into the center of the venue. Then he is running over to the far Keith side on our right. Then he just decide this is it - he start speed running in what I would say is like a real sprint all through the center and way over to the other side of the Tokyo Dome. The rest of the band stand still thank God. At that speed accidents may happen if he bumps into somebody. Energy! But the crowd loves it. Mick is close to everyone tonight!

The rest is here: [www.iorr.org]

And a nice photo from the show:

and another one ...

Bjornulf

Date: February 26, 2014 19:27

StonedInTokyo, many thanks for your review. Sounds a great show. I only wish I could see your pics. Not loading for me for some reason...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:27

Max'sKansasCity
mr_dja
Dittos on Max's comments! Glad to hear y'all had a great time. Love the insight about the monitors on the catwalk. Hope y'all are having a great post-show party!

Peace,
Mr DJA
Any Stones day, even from a distance, is a good day smileys with beer

Yes it is, my friend. With the time difference, it made for a fun start to my day at the office as the show was over by the time I got in this morning. Can't remember if it was PBS or A&E who yoused to have a show called something along the lines of "Breakfast with the Arts" but I'm thinking that this far east tour, at least from my perspective in the US, will be the "Breakfast with The Stones" tour!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 26, 2014 19:28

latebloomer

I was shocked to find the Geisha Girl t-shirt was only produced in one size and let me tell you though it may well fit a Japanese teenager there is simply no way it will fit the average Anglo Saxon woman. Of course I bought one anyway as a souvenir. Perhaps their website offers additional sizes.

Date: February 26, 2014 19:35

Thanks bv for your review and pictures of the concert.

Date: February 26, 2014 19:36

ChrisM
StonedInTokyo, many thanks for your review. Sounds a great show. I only wish I could see your pics. Not loading for me for some reason...

Chris, my initial review can't possibly capture the energy of this concert. I knew they'd be good but they honestly kicked ass and took names tonight. It was a two hour and ten minute show but it seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

I can't wait to get my hands on the bootlegs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 19:57 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:38

StonedInTokyo
latebloomer

I was shocked to find the Geisha Girl t-shirt was only produced in one size and let me tell you though it may well fit a Japanese teenager there is simply no way it will fit the average Anglo Saxon woman. Of course I bought one anyway as a souvenir. Perhaps their website offers additional sizes.

I usually can wear a teen girls size, so maybe it will work for me.

Thanks for the information StonedInTokyo, I'll check the website. smiling smiley

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:44

BV what a beautiful photo/picture above your report!!!

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:44

bv

And a nice photo from the show:

Thanks BV smiling smiley

Hey Mick, how can you play that drinking smiley ?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:51

StonedInTokyo, thanks so much for your reports of the fan reactions to each song,
and for your photos of the lines and merchandise. I love that one-size t-shirt too.

Bjornulf, wow, how impressive that you saw the best show in years. The energy levels of
the crowd and response and mood of the band are key factors.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: February 26, 2014 19:58

john lomax
Man, that stage is horrible. It looks cheap and nasty, and the video screens look hopeless. It looks like the sort of basic stage that Springsteen would use - which is fine as his charges about a fifth of what the Stones charge. I know it's expensive to tour but surely they could have made a little bit more effort with the Stage?????

He uses a basic stage because it's about the music...isn't that what it should be about? Hence the reasonable ticket prices!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:07

From the reviews read I think this was a great show put on by the Stones tonight. By all accounts their playing was over par and there was a lot of energy. I wish so many would stop complaining that they played so many songs "again". These are great classic Stones songs and nobody can say it was a bad set because they played them. A real fan hears the slight differences in the performance of each song at every show they see and can enjoy that. As BV stated in his review there was a slight hiccup at the start of It's Only Rock & Roll but the band caught the tempo soon enough. Id don't expect them to be perfect every step of the way, if they were then I would complain that they are playing the same old thing. Enjoy it for what it is folks.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:09

It almost looks as though Mick has a hairpiece on.

What is with the fans in the lines wearing masks?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:12

Great photos BV, thank you.

Date: February 26, 2014 20:13

The Sicilian

By far the most common reason people in Japan wear surgical masks out in public is because they’re sick. Chances are it’s not some life threatening, dangerous and debilitating illness – they’re just wearing the mask to be considerate of others and to help contain the spread of germs. Just think about how many people cough or sneeze into their hands and then go on to touch the things we use every day. Door handles, guard rails, the poles and rings you hold onto on the subway. People touch a lot of stuff.

These surgical masks really help as far as containing germs and preventing the spread of contagious colds and illnesses. And people aren’t going to avoid you like the plague if you happen to be in a mask either. They’ll be more likely to avoid you if you aren’t wearing one (if you’re coughing up a storm that is). In most cases, you’ll be treated just like anyone else not wearing a mask.

Another reason you’ll see Japanese people wearing masks out in public is because they’re afraid of getting whatever illness that happens to be going around. Maybe it’s flu season or something and they’re just trying to avoid getting sick for the third year in a row because the hand sanitizer alone just isn’t cutting it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 20:17 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: February 26, 2014 20:18

StonedInTokyo
The Sicilian

Generally speaking if a Japanese person has a cold they don a mask to prevent passing it on to others. Tokyo truly is the most considerate city of 13 million people one could ever hope to visit or reside in.

I've seen Japanese wearing these masks in France, it looks cool!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home