Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19
Re: Tokyo-1 Feb 26 Stones 2014 show live updates
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:10

Irix
6s7s9s

What time...local...did they start?

Would say at 8:00pm according to the time stamps on Twitter: [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] .

No. 7:00pm.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:14

Yes, 10 am UK time = 7pm Tokyo.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:29

...arrived at the venue at 4pm...stood in line two hours and fifteen minutes to purchase official merchandise from the massive stall outside...shirts, jackets, program, two different Tokyo Dome posters...all of the merchandise on offer was top notch...still among the best in the business when it comes to merchandising...

...entered the venue at 6:30pm...blues music on the loudspeakers...the crowd roaring after the last couple of songs as 7pm neared...chugged a drink & a fist full of fries as we made our way to our seats (no time to eat on account of the merchandise line)...seated in the third row behind home plate...nearly perfect centered view of the entire stage...

...lights out at 7pm sharp...huge roar from the crowd..."ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Rolling Stones!"...huge roar...Mick, the ultimate frontman in an eye-catching silver and black jacket..."Get Off Of My Cloud"...

...It's Only Rock'n'Roll...Tokyo is loosening up...Mick is hitting all the high notes...

...Tumbling Dice...excellent digital graphics on the backdrop of dice, etc...

...Wild Horses...Mick is holding Tokyo's heart in the palm of his hand

...Emotional Rescue...funky...fun...

...Doom and Gloom...a new song but no one leaves their seat...Charlie is hitting those drums hard tonight...

...Mick explains the song choice vote...many think it'll be Silver Train and a few exclaim it, but no it's Bitch...

...Honky Tonk Women...the digital graphics for this one are phenomenal and very entertaining...I won't go into detail as I don't wish to be a spoiler...

...Slipping Away...Keith accompanied by Mick Taylor...slipping away but still with us today...

...Before They Make Me Run...Tokyo loves Keith...

...Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)...the highlight of the show for me...Mick Jagger on harmonica with his face no more than an inch away from Mick Taylor's, who performs flawlessly with an intensity in his eyes I'll never forget...

...Miss You...Mick at his campy best...

...Paint It Black...the drummer thinks he's dynamite, and he is

...Gimme Shelter...Mick & Lisa rocking the house on the B-stage

...Start Me Up...another uptempo, high energy rendition...

...Brown Sugar...Tokyo is into it..."Whooh!"

...Jumpin' Jack Flash...Keith nails the opening notes and they reverberate around the Tokyo Dome...

...Sympathy for the Devil...everyone is bathed in red light...the horizon is a wall of fire...Mick in a red and black overcoat, which he slides out of and clutches as he sings...smoke effects...

...You Can't Always Get What You Want (with 'The Senzoku Freshman Singers')...
the crowd roars their approval...palpable sense of national pride in the choir

...(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)...Mick wrenches every last bit of energy from the old warhorse...

Other notes: Ronnie Wood is on fire! Tonight was the best I've ever heard him play...he was absolutely manic...Mick taking Charlie by the arm to the front of the stage during the band introductions...the crowd roared and roared some more for Charlie...Bobby Keys was definitely on...Mick Jagger unbelievable!...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 17:32 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:34

Best show I have seen in years. I am writing a quick report now. Thank you Tokyo crowd for making one of the best shows in ages.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:35

Thanks for the report.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:35

Thank you StonedInTokyo~! for your review. smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:37

WOW! Thanks for that great review, StonedInTokyo...very inspiring to read.

Best show I have seen in years.

Can't wait to read yours, Bjornulf

Thanks to everyone for the reviews, pics, and videos. smiling smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:39

seems odd about silver train - can we get a recount? smiling smiley

nice review

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:39

Thanks for the reports stoned in Tokyo

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:40

StonedInTokyo
...arrived at the venue at 4pm...stood in line two hours and fifteen minutes to purchase official merchandise from the massive stall outside...shirts, jackets, program, two different Tokyo Dome posters...all of the merchandise on offer was top notch...still among the best in the business when it comes to merchandising...

...entered the venue at 6:30pm...blues music on the loudspeakers...the crowd roaring after the last couple of songs as 7pm neared...chugged a drink & a fist full of fries as we made our way to our seats (no time to eat on account of the merchandise line)...seated in the third row behind home plate...nearly perfect centered view of the entire stage...

...lights out at 7pm sharp...huge roar from the crowd..."ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Rolling Stones!"...huge roar...Mick, the ultimate frontman in an eye-catching silver and black jacket..."Get Off Of My Cloud"...

...It's Only Rock'n'Roll...Tokyo is loosening up...Mick is hitting all the high notes...

...Tumbling Dice...excellent digital graphics on the backdrop of dice, etc...

...Wild Horses...Mick is holding Tokyo's heart in the palm of his hand

...Emotional Rescue...funky...fun...

...Doom and Gloom...a new song but no one leaves their seat...Charlie is hitting those drums hard tonight...

...Mick explains the song choice vote...many think it'll be Silver Train and a few exclaim it, but no it's Bitch...

...Honky Tonk Women...the digital graphics for this one are phenomenal and very entertaining...I won't go into detail as I don't wish to be a spoiler...

...Slipping Away...Keith accompanied by Mick Taylor...slipping away but still with us today...

...Before They Make Me Run...Tokyo loves Keith...

...Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)...the highlight of the show for me...Mick Jagger on harmonica with his face no more than an inch away from Mick Taylor's, who performs flawlessly with an intensity in his eyes I'll never forget...

...Miss You...Mick at his campy best...

...Paint It Black...the drummer thinks he's dynamite, and he is

...Gimme Shelter...Mick & Lisa rocking the house on the B-stage

...Start Me Up...another uptempo, high energy rendition...

...Brown Sugar...Tokyo is into it..."Whooh!"

...Jumpin' Jack Flash...Keith nails the opening notes and they reverberate around the Tokyo Dome...

...Sympathy for the Devil...everyone is bathed in red light...the horizon is a wall of fire...Mick in a red and black overcoat, which he slides out of and clutches as he sings...smoke effects...

...You Can't Always Get What You Want (with 'The Senzoku Freshman Singers')...
the crowd roars their approval...palpable sense of national pride in the choir

...(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)...Mick wrenches every last bit of energy from the old warhorse...

Other notes: Ronnie Wood is on fire! Tonight was the best I've ever heard him play...he was absolutely manic...Mick taking Charlie by the arm to the front of the stage during the band introductions...the crowd roared and roared some more for Charlie...Bobby Keys was definitely on...Mick Jagger unbelievable!...

Excellent review StonedInTokyo - sounds a great show - only wish I could have been there smileys with beer

Date: February 26, 2014 17:40

fahthree
EddieByword
Ladies and Gentlemen, let's hear it for the fantastic standing stones..........

1. Get off of my Cloud
2. It's Only Rock'n'Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Wild Horses
5. Emotional Rescue...alright, alright, me and doom are new but we're just passing through, honest.....
6. Doom and Gloom
7. Bitch (winner song choice)
8. Honky Tonk Women
9. Slipping Away (Keith, with Mick Taylor)
10. Before they make me run (Keith)
11. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
12. Miss You
13. Paint it, Black
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Start Me Up
16. Brown Sugar
17. Jumpin' Jack Flash
18. Sympathy for the Devil
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with 'The Senzoku Freshman Singers')
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Interesting that if you had attended the last Tokyo Dome show in March 2006 you heard 65% of this set before. The contingent that responds "Well, they heard 35% different" I would respond they really only heard 10% new since, with the exception of Emotional Rescue & Doom and Gloom, every single song has been played in Japan multiple times before.

I completely agree with this.

(It should be noted however,that this was the FIRST time that they performed " Wild Horses " in concert in Tokyo .... after all of those shows. The Stripped version of "Wild Horses" is from the Tokyo 1995 rehearsals but,it was never included in any of the concerts there. They did play the song in Osaka one year but not in Tokyo in concert until today.)

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:45

Thanks for pointing that out Winning....I'm shocked that's the first Wild Horses.

Sounds like it was a good show and, in the end, that's what matters.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:48

They played Wild Horses in Saitama in 2006. Just outside central Tokyo.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 26, 2014 17:57

StonedInTokyo
...arrived at the venue...
............................................. .....Other notes: Ronnie Wood is on fire! Tonight was the best I've ever heard him play...he was absolutely manic...Mick taking Charlie by the arm to the front of the stage during the band introductions...the crowd roared and roared some more for Charlie...Bobby Keys was definitely on...Mick Jagger unbelievable!...
Thanks for the review!!!

STONES!!

Date: February 26, 2014 17:57

erikjjf
They played Wild Horses in Saitama in 2006. Just outside central Tokyo.

I see your point. It is close but,I meant IN Tokyo in concert.

" Wild Horses " was probably a better choice for Tokyo than " Angie " again.

(Or,for that matter,a better selection for this show than any of the other songs that are repeated out of proportion.)

It's great to hear the positive news about the concert >>>> the general performance and " Rambler " with Taylor.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:01

Max'sKansasCity
Toru A
Four Surprises.

1-Mick Taylor conducted the band for Slipping Away with his eye contact and chorus.

2-Mick Taylor was dancing with smoking behind Charlie's drum set during Keith was singing Before They Make Me Run.

3-My wife and I were sitting right beside the catwalk.
When Mick, Keith or Lisa approahed the catwalk, the monitor speakers came on and the sound of Charlie's drum came out far more vividly.
That was like a quasi surround effect. It was very interesting and fun experience.

4-Midnight Rambler was a lotmore powerful than they did in 1990. They played it with full throttle.

Lastly let me quote a memorable remark:
"There will never be a love affair so grand and so lasting as mine with The Rolling Stones."

When I saw their show before my nose, I reaffirm my love affair is still going on.
I could get a feeling of happiness from their obscenity, vague manners and three chords rock 'n' roll.

Let's party for the rest of the night!

AWESOME!! Cheers on a great show, and thanks for popping in here to let us know.

The opinions of people who were there, and rocking with The Stones, are the opinions which matter the most, I look forward to reading more of these. Thanks in advance.

Dittos on Max's comments! Glad to hear y'all had a great time. Love the insight about the monitors on the catwalk. Hope y'all are having a great post-show party!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 26, 2014 18:02

Outside Tokyo Dome City (3:45pm)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:09

mr_dja
Dittos on Max's comments! Glad to hear y'all had a great time. Love the insight about the monitors on the catwalk. Hope y'all are having a great post-show party!

Peace,
Mr DJA
Any Stones day, even from a distance, is a good day smileys with beer

Date: February 26, 2014 18:10

Tokyo Dome (4:05pm)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:18

Max'sKansasCity
The opinions of people who were there, and rocking with The Stones, are the opinions which matter the most, I look forward to reading more of these. Thanks in advance.

Absolutely. And I am really happy to read several reviews from people who were actually there and had a great time. Thank you guys and dolls for letting us know how it really was.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 26, 2014 18:23

The Line For Official Merchandise (4:15pm-6:30pm)

Date: February 26, 2014 18:28

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:29

Max'sKansasCity

Going forward these threads should be devoted to only those people who were there -- no setlist complainers or setlist praisers. The point of a message board is not to kill time arguing about stupid things, or is it?

Date: February 26, 2014 18:29

StonedInTokyo

This is amazing. I can't believe it. I have never seen this on any show that I have been to. Thanks for all your pictures

-------------------

Date: February 26, 2014 18:32

fahthree
Max'sKansasCity

Going forward these threads should be devoted to only those people who were there -- no setlist complainers or setlist praisers. The point of a message board is not to kill time arguing about stupid things, or is it?

Yeah, I agree, but lots of people won't.

-------------------

Date: February 26, 2014 18:34

Date: February 26, 2014 18:36

Rolling Hansie
StonedInTokyo

This is amazing. I can't believe it. I have never seen this on any show that I have been to. Thanks for all your pictures

Me neither and the most amazing thing about this is the line was just as long when the concert ended at 9:10pm!

Date: February 26, 2014 18:38

The Line for Official Merchandise (4:15pm-6:30pm)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 18:42 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:39

From the looks of the posts, or lack of, I think most have already accepted the reality of the situation two shows in now. The congratulations to concertgoers will remain virtually clutter-free.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:39

The Tokyo Dome is wonderful.
What a pity that it was a seated show...

Benjamin.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home