Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Sad Sad Sad
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:33

HMS and GLS, get a room and leave us in peace please.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:38

….. no two swords and a tent out in Death Valley would be better ….. hhhhhHhheee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:38

peoplewitheyes

Do not agree. HMS and GLS polemics is an indispensable part of IORR. If you do not like it - just don't read it. To me it's pure gold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 00:41 by Stoneage.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:44

Sad Sad Sad is still a great LP opener, especially for 1989, and overall one of their better ones. It kicks, it boogies along. Maybe it's a bit glossy production wise but it's a kickass tune.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:51

Not a fan here. It's Rolling Stones product. Mannered, derivative. Mick yowling lyrics he probably wrote on the spot. Doesn't swing.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:55

I think it cooks pretty well. And Richard's solo is good. It's not a hit but a decent rocker.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:58

If they don't play the song tonight then that could mean that will be an open spot for other selections for remaining tour.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 26, 2019 01:16

Just cut the bullshit crap you,ve always come up with Keithsmen.All you,re stupid comments are all over every page here.Biggest clown ever.Go over and ask Keith to borrow some of his underwear

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 26, 2019 01:19

Fantastic song !

Date: June 26, 2019 01:30

harlem shuffle
Just cut the bullshit crap you,ve always come up with Keithsmen.All you,re stupid comments are all over every page here.Biggest clown ever.Go over and ask Keith to borrow some of his underwear

The other extreme.

Date: June 26, 2019 01:41

GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

The other extreme.
So i am extreme just why?For telling Keithsmen what i think about him.Ok fine for me,but then it is many extreme people on this site.And you,re not the right person to tell me that.

Date: June 26, 2019 01:43

Brothers and sisters...

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 26, 2019 01:46

Stoneage
peoplewitheyes

Do not agree. HMS and GLS polemics is an indispensable part of IORR. If you do not like it - just don't read it. To me it's pure gold.

Plus 1 thumbs up

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 26, 2019 01:52

I will be glad glad glad when Sad Sad Sad is replaced with any of the following:

Salt of The Earth
Parachute Woman
Jigsaw Puzzle
Monkey Man
Rocks Off
Highwire
Child of the Moon
Heartbreaker
Soul Survivor
Sway
Live With Me
If You Can't Rock Me
Stray Cat Blues
Moonlight Mile

Date: June 26, 2019 02:26

harlem shuffle
GasLightStreet
harlem shuffle

The other extreme.
So i am extreme just why?For telling Keithsmen what i think about him.Ok fine for me,but then it is many extreme people on this site.And you,re not the right person to tell me that.

Where HMS and I go at each other about trivial and silly things, you seem to have an outright hatred.

It's just an observation of the extreme being 'other'. You identified with it and took offense? That's laughable. You're downright shortsited about something you're defending that's nothing to defend.

Date: June 26, 2019 02:36

Well Gas Light Street you,re answer was minted to me.So i just answered back.But since you have this very intelligence conversation with HMS,i,ll let you finished that.Einstein is nothing compared to you.

Date: June 26, 2019 03:54

harlem shuffle
Well Gas Light Street you,re answer was minted to me.So i just answered back.But since you have this very intelligence conversation with HMS,i,ll let you finished that.Einstein is nothing compared to you.

Ah, such elegant praise and wit. Excellent. Now write a 10,000 word essay on why Keith Richards matters.

Date: June 26, 2019 09:13

Go over and ask Keith to borrow some of his underwear

But but Keef don't wear no underwear …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 26, 2019 17:15

Rockman
Go over and ask Keith to borrow some of his underwear

But but Keef don't wear no underwear …..

That probably explains why Keith wont lend me any no matter how nicely i ask him.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 22:26 by keithsman.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 10:54

It’s baffling to me that they’ve dug up this stinker for the current tour. I knew upon first hearing ‘Sad Sad Sad’ that the writing was on the wall regarding the band’s decline in creativity – in triplicate.

It’s in Open G though so if Keith can find the strings on his guitar he probably can’t butcher it too badly. That's probably why Mick OK'd it. I don’t even want to hear it though (although no doubt some here will find a new appreciation for this little gem when they hear it live) – it’s just a bad, bad, bad song.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: June 27, 2019 11:56

Ok maybe not one of their great songs yet I can imagine 'Sad Sad Sad' when played in a crowded club, just blowing the place away. Despite this sweaty rocker not being among their top tier of songs I think it contains some of Jagger's finest lines:-

"The elephant's in the bedroom throwing all his weight about, And I'm locked in the bathroom Your screams are gonna drown me out"

Jesus!

Date: June 27, 2019 12:02

Always liked Sad Sad Sad …. The sound of
it always made me think of it as a slippery rocker …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 27, 2019 15:28

As good as any rocker from Exile.
One of the very few highlights on Steel Wheels.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:33

HMS

I correct myself - maybe not as good musically
...but just as enjoyable as any Exile rocker.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:07

It's a fine, yet disposable, little rocker.

It's certainly not worthy of inclusion on this tour. They have so many other great songs that could fill that slot.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 27, 2019 20:10

I like this live version:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:14

HMS
HMS

I correct myself - maybe not as good musically
...but just as enjoyable as any Exile rocker.

Of course it is.. have you stopped your meds?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:11

keithsman
Stoneage
peoplewitheyes

Plus 1 thumbs up

Somehow I get the impression that you both also would enjoy watching Teletubbies and Barney the Dinosaur spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 16:01

Stones by the numbers! A generic rocker with horrible production. And as somebody has stated above they have so many more amazing songs why include the disposable by the numbers piece in a set list now?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2019 16:20

Thankfully they dropped it for show #2, and in it's place at #4 in the setlist we were gifted with a smoking version of Bitch followed by an amazing version of Ride 'Em on Down.
Almost feel a bit sorry for attendees at show #1 who had to endure it, followed by You Got Me Rocking which must have been like adding salt to the wound.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home