Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 25 of 26
Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 21 Rolling Stones show live updates
Date: February 25, 2014 12:05

Some reported that he played on four songs, but he's not audible in BTMMR - although some reported that this was the only song apart from MR where he was visible on the big screen.

A mystery, or simply some mis-remembering by people from the arena...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:10

Maybe people couldn't see because of the high stage. So it's just a guessing game in the end. Maybe he was on or maybe he wasn't... confused smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:42

zgubi
gotdablouse
Medzvel
Find yourself in the massive picture from Du Arena

[www.du.ae]

Nice picture that can be zoomed in a lot, I wonder why some sections are blurred though? Children possibly?

You can see the catwalk "wall" too...

might be the alcohol that they are trying to blur out

Good point, that must be it!

Oh and about "recovering", I guess everyone is different, but I have this incredible "notalgia" of the Trabendo and 2012 Rehearsals in Bondy, they were such extraordinary moments that generated an incredible "high" (the "kid at Christmas" feeling)...such a fleeting moment, so getting to shake hands with Mick and Charlie and hug Ronnie and Keith, well...keep it with you as long as possible and don't think about it too often as it takes the moment away quicker I've found ;-)

@Stoneage - Taylor in Abu Dhabi, the answer is in the videos thread : SA, MR, Satisfaction. One newspaper review also mentioned that he was not introduced properly, but there was just a quick comment when he left the stage, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a video of that moment, so was that comment by Keith after SA or by Mick after MR ? If SA gets played each time, maybe Mick can work something out like "and Keith Richards on guitars and vocals now with Mick Taylor", or something like that.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-25 12:43 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:47

DandelionPowderman
Some reported that he played on four songs, but he's not audible in BTMMR - although some reported that this was the only song apart from MR where he was visible on the big screen.

BTMMR (My video)

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:58

Medzvel
BTMMR (My video)

good video, friend
Sici

Date: February 25, 2014 13:55

Gotdablouse; about Taylor: so it's Rambler, vocals on Slipping Away and acoustic (inaudible) guitar on Satisfaction then?

Date: February 25, 2014 13:59

Medzvel
DandelionPowderman

BTMMR (My video)

I have seen it thumbs up

Your video became the "evidence" of the reports about Taylor playing on it were false smiling smiley

Date: February 25, 2014 14:02

Stoneage
Gotdablouse; about Taylor: so it's Rambler, vocals on Slipping Away and acoustic (inaudible) guitar on Satisfaction then?

Vocals and guitar on both Slipping Away and Satisfaction, no?

For the millionth time, his guitar is indeed audible on Satisfaction, mainly on the verses.

It may have been inaudible on a bad YT-video, though smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2014 14:03

Stoneage

Based on the videos, yes, although he does seem to strum his guitar on SA, can't really hear him play much though...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 25, 2014 14:22

Taylor plays lots of fills on Slipping Away, in addition to strumming and singing:

1:50, 2:00 and 3:40 in this video:

AND

3:03, 3:16 and the ending lick at 5:24 in this video:

Date: February 25, 2014 14:23

Two words for The Rolling Stones in 2013-14: Regressive and boring. Or in one sentence: Over the hill. It's all nostalgia now, isn't it? And don't forget the money...

Date: February 25, 2014 14:30

Why is it boring to hear good Stones music? I love it!

You can't expect 70 year olds to be searching, creative and ground-breaking. Very few bands are able to stay together for as long as ten years. Enjoy it while it's still there.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 14:38

The Stones did a very good job since 2012. The Quality of concerts is much higher than on Bigger Bang. The tour is very equal to the 40 Licks Tour, just a bit shorter.
Some songs should be worked out a bit better like Brown Sugar or Jumpin Jack Flash, which sound better if they are played faster and Sympathy but the Level is much higher than on other tours IMO.

Date: February 25, 2014 15:13

gotdablouse

@Stoneage - Taylor in Abu Dhabi, the answer is in the videos thread : SA, MR, Satisfaction. One newspaper review also mentioned that he was not introduced properly, but there was just a quick comment when he left the stage, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a video of that moment, so was that comment by Keith after SA or by Mick after MR ? If SA gets played each time, maybe Mick can work something out like "and Keith Richards on guitars and vocals now with Mick Taylor", or something like that.

Mick Jagger definitely didn't introduce Taylor during the band introductions, though he was already visible next to Keith, going to enter the stage (look at the video below). I don't know, if Keith maybe said something after Slipping Away, the Youtube video I have seen ends right after the last notes? They should definitely work out something for the introduction of Taylor before he enters. It's a bit weird, if he is the only one not introduced at the moment the band members are introduced (ok, Mick Jagger doesn't get introduced, too) and then directly after this comes along without any mention. Maybe it would have been Keith's job but he forgot to do so? I think he should have been introduced by Keith in this case. Because if Mick Jagger had introduced him right after Keith (like: "And now on vocals Keith Richards, who will be supported by our special guest Mick Taylor" ), the audience would have applauded both of them at the same time and I think the applause at this point of the show belongs to Keith alone (like before it belongs to Ronnie, Charlie etc. at a time; and especially since it's Keith's spot) while Mick Taylor should get his own one separately.

Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 3 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 25, 2014 15:40

I think I've seen this show before !!!!

Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 3 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 25, 2014 15:44

The live Album for this tour will be called Through the Past ... SAFELY

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 25, 2014 18:28

DandelionPowderman
Taylor plays lots of fills on Slipping Away, in addition to strumming and singing:

1:50, 2:00 and 3:40 in this video:

AND

3:03, 3:16 and the ending lick at 5:24 in this video:

"Lots of fills" is an exaggeration. But it is better than nothing and it upgrades the song definitely. Let him play some more during the rest of the tour. He's the only master of this noble art amongst the three of them.

Date: February 25, 2014 18:54

That's not true. They all are. But he's more than welcome to play as soulful as Keith does here. And more as well.

Date: February 25, 2014 18:59

DandelionPowderman
That's not true. They all are. But he's more than welcome to play as soulful as Keith does here. And more as well.

No, in this case he's the absolute boss. Great combination with Keith though and most interesting song of all videos from the AD show.

Date: February 25, 2014 19:03

Taylor always needs more space. Keith and Ronnie are the licks bosses smiling smiley

Date: February 25, 2014 19:28

DandelionPowderman
Taylor always needs more space. Keith and Ronnie are the licks bosses smiling smiley

Because he plays more than two or three notes. But well, you go with the licks, I'll do with the fills grinning smiley

Anyway, I enjoyed the song and to be honest, I liked Keith vocals more than Jagger's.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2014 20:33

"Boring Stones" - not at all.

The boring thing is reading comments about Stones being: nostalgic, boring, playing safely, Taylor not playing, Taylor plays inaudible guitar blah, blah...

If people here don't like Stones, then go somewhere else and don't ruin the joy on being a part of IORR. People judging the quality of Stones anno 2013/2014 from a poor quality cell phone video tells lot .....

I saw them last year in Hyde Park and it was great. Great sound, great playing.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:32

mtaylor
I saw them last year in Hyde Park and it was great.

Same here

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:34

Mick is great, Keith is Keith, playing half off the rythmic.
Taylor not playing for me is just a huge frustation...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 25, 2014 21:42

Great Keith, on both songs, love it!thumbs up

Date: February 25, 2014 22:11

Powerage

Watching it for half an hour now, still hopin'...
grinning smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:15

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
Powerage

Watching it for half an hour now, still hopin'...
grinning smiley

Brillant!!!!grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 25, 2014 22:17

Great set. thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 25, 2014 23:01

...and, all arguments are forgotten, it all ends happily whenever there are...grinning smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 25, 2014 23:43

Ronnie is playing the best guitar of his life these days. His BTMMR, just fantastic. I salute you Woody!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 25 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home