Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 21 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 22:09

Even BV mentioned the problem with the Fire Pit Tickets and the (much too high!) Stage ... this is indeed a no-go! I hope they will change that for the upcoming shows and the Management recognizes that people not really get what they paid for!

Musically I really liked the clips I saw, good sound IMO too! Even without Taylor on stage on most of the songs ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2014 22:40

latvianinexile
this scam

Don't want to negate you doloris but I was front row at one of the 1998 and I got exactly the same (lack of view). I was on Keith's side though.
So I'd reject the "scam" label and I'd put the whole thing in the "sh!t happens" category.
Of course back in 98 I paid 50-60 Euros, which is a fraction of what you had to cough up last Friday.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 24, 2014 22:56

zgubi
Best Stones people smiling smiley

I have put together my story about the Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi experience, meeting the band and the concert. It's quite a long post and contains some media so a bit difficult to post it all here.

You can find the whole story on the blog that I just started for the tour, hope you enjoy it smiling smiley

Rolling with the Stones: Abu Dhabi, meeting the band, 14 On Fire Opening Night

It's one of the Really Great stories. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm so pleased for you that a true fan won the contest and was really able to appreciate it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:01

Some of A Bigger Bang shows had similar set up. Brno comes to mind. The field was not in balance so the right side of the stage was extremely high...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:12

zgubi

I have put together my story about the Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi experience, meeting the band and the concert. It's quite a long post and contains some media so a bit difficult to post it all here.

You can find the whole story on the blog that I just started for the tour, hope you enjoy it smiling smiley

Just...WOW ! Well done on working on keeping your calm before the meeting, it was slightly different but I remember not being able to think straight while I was waiting for them to arrive on the stage of the Trabendo a couple of feet away from Mick's mic stand. The "hard" part starts now though, HTF do you recover from such a high ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:13

So good to read all those reviews and seeing the happy pictures and videos. Also sorry that some had a bad experience because of the high stage.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:24

zgubi

Wonderful! thumbs up

Date: February 24, 2014 23:27

zgubi
You can find the whole story on the blog that I just started for the tour

Great story. Wonderful. Thanks

-------------------

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:36

Thru and Thru
pmk251
Keith's song writing is hit and miss and sometimes in the same song. But he adds something that Jagger seems completely unable to achieve...Some emotional honesty, tenderness and vulnerability. Even in the self mythopoeic Happy you are touched when he sings "Baby won't you keep me?" His songs are about something. He likes to play with words. Even his rickety voice and guitar playing add to the feeling of genuineness. When he takes the stage with Wood and Taylor it is something extraordinary and unlike anything else in the show. Taylor on backing vocals? Incredible! I would love to know how this came about! Even Taylor senses the need for restraint on this song. His delicate touch is commendable and leaves you wanting more. I look forward to hearing more versions of this song. The performance asks the audience to come to the song. And if you are too busy or too bored...Well f**k you. This is by far the most interesting song in the show.

Couldn't agree with you more! thumbs up

Even though I love Mick to death and have no doubt that he's the best frontman there will ever be Keith performs with so much raw emotion that you just know it comes straight from the heart. I wish he would pull "The Worst" off the shelf again or even "We Had It All".
Yes to all the above!

Date: February 24, 2014 23:37

didn't you forget something, hansie?

Date: February 24, 2014 23:40

like ...

congratulations?

Date: February 24, 2014 23:56

So happy for you, zgubi! thumbs up

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:06

Great experience and thank you for sharing your story in your blog zgubi!

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:10

CaptainCorella
zgubi

It's one of the Really Great stories. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm so pleased for you that a true fan won the contest and was really able to appreciate it.

+1 thumbs up Tremendous! Well done!!

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:19

Find yourself in the massive picture from Du Arena

[www.du.ae]

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:28

gotdablouse
zgubi

Just...WOW ! Well done on working on keeping your calm before the meeting, it was slightly different but I remember not being able to think straight while I was waiting for them to arrive on the stage of the Trabendo a couple of feet away from Mick's mic stand. The "hard" part starts now though, HTF do you recover from such a high ;-)

why recover? smiling smiley) and plus there's a big adventure just about to start and I'm really excited about it.

thank you all for your great comments the big smile on my face is there to stay

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:40

zgubi
gotdablouse
zgubi

why recover? smiling smiley) and plus there's a big adventure just about to start and I'm really excited about it.

thank you all for your great comments the big smile on my face is there to stay

It is always a joyful thing to celebrate with a fellow IORRian who had an amazing experience! Congrats!!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:51

Medzvel
Keith and me in Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque smiling smiley

Ferrari World with Keith - 240km/h in under 5 secondssmiling bouncing smiley

My Art smiling smiley

Great pictures. Many members of IORR posted pictures of themselves on the Everyone is wearing Stones gear..... thread do any of you want to add yours?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 25, 2014 00:54

dcba
latvianinexile
this scam

Don't want to negate you doloris but I was front row at one of the 1998 and I got exactly the same (lack of view). I was on Keith's side though.
So I'd reject the "scam" label and I'd put the whole thing in the "sh!t happens" category.
Of course back in 98 I paid 50-60 Euros, which is a fraction of what you had to cough up last Friday.

dcba, in 1998 I also was in first row at more than one show. OK, the B2B stage was also built high but there was a second level between the main stage and the audience and therefore a large enough gap so that you could see something.

The view or the lack of the same in 1998 was not comparable to Friday's in Abu Dhabi. The catwalk in Abu Dhabi was about 3 meters high at its beginning, whereas in 1998 you could look across the B2B catwalk and easily see the other half of the audience and of course the other half of the stage. In 1998 the catwalk was very low and narrow and there were steps to the main stage.

In a civilized world a large part of the Fire Pit would have been sold as obstructed view. Not so with our boys. They tend to rip off there most loyal fans.

Date: February 25, 2014 00:59

@ zgubi

Lucky girl !!! Sometimes you get what you neeeed.....Keep your smile as long as possible with such an extraordinary experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Date: February 25, 2014 01:09

Please excuse me but I have one question while reading some posts above:

What is the difference betweeen a fan and a loyal fan?

Date: February 25, 2014 01:30

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
like ...

congratulations?

If you scroll back a few pages you will find this message

Rolling Hansie
zgubi
here is the video summary put together by du with the VIP experience

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, CONGRATULATIONS

-------------------

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 25, 2014 02:41

Just joining my voice to all those thanking zgubi for her wonderful story (I am green with envy grinning smiley ) and also Medzvel for those great pics of Stones fans. What a great community!

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 25, 2014 08:45

dcba
latvianinexile
this scam

fraction of what you had to cough up last Friday

That's exactly the problem. I hope the stage will be lowered and fans will be closer. This how it was during the US leg last year, wasn't it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:20

ThroughTheLonelyNights

What is the difference betweeen a fan and a loyal fan?

A loyal fan is someone who pays 2995 AED for a front row ticket, watching the Stones in front of a black wall then, hearing bum notes - and will do this again at their next concert ..... just kidding. winking smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:22

I heard today that the RS stage is 2.4m high.
Well, from the pics I have seen, the stage is at least 3m high, and the catwalk is so big you can't see anything on the other side of the stage from the front.

Could the 2.4m high stones stage had been plonked on an already 1-2 m high base ?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:34

Deathgod
I heard today that the RS stage is 2.4m high.
Well, from the pics I have seen, the stage is at least 3m high, and the catwalk is so big you can't see anything on the other side of the stage from the front.

Could the 2.4m high stones stage had been plonked on an already 1-2 m high base ?

When you assume that the guy second left in the picture are at least 1.70 m tall, there of course is at least 1.30 m on top of them. Here the catwalk is as high as the stage (on the right).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:52

Medzvel

[www.du.ae]

Nice picture that can be zoomed in a lot, I wonder why some sections are blurred though? Children possibly?

You can see the catwalk "wall" too...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:57

gotdablouse
Medzvel

[www.du.ae]

Nice picture that can be zoomed in a lot, I wonder why some sections are blurred though? Children possibly?

You can see the catwalk "wall" too...

might be the alcohol that they are trying to blur out

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:58

So, how many songs did Mick Taylor take part in? Was it more than four like some eye-witnesses here have established? Or was it just Rambler and Slipping Away? You tell me...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home