Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 23 of 26
Re: Abu Dhabi Feb 21 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: February 24, 2014 13:57

DandelionPowderman
<SMU with a similar false opening>

What do you mean?

<I felt as if Abu Dahbi was a good audience recording of HP2>

From the videos I've seen from AD, it looks like a superior show to HP2..

That was my feeling, I should say. I felt as if AD show was closer to HP2 more than HP2 was closer to any of the 50 and counting tour shows. Anyway: again. That is my feeling, based on some 12-15 videos I've seen. I personally didnt feel as if AD concert was a miss for me. Matter of taste I guess.

Date: February 24, 2014 14:05

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman
<SMU with a similar false opening>

What do you mean?

<I felt as if Abu Dahbi was a good audience recording of HP2>

From the videos I've seen from AD, it looks like a superior show to HP2..

That was my feeling, I should say. I felt as if AD show was closer to HP2 more than HP2 was closer to any of the 50 and counting tour shows. Anyway: again. That is my feeling, based on some 12-15 videos I've seen. I personally didnt feel as if AD concert was a miss for me. Matter of taste I guess.

Yes, of course smiling smiley

The ballads sounded very, very nice in the clips from AD, though.

And Keith didn't fvck up the SMU-intro this time - but he started it during the introduction of the band.

<I personally didnt feel as if AD concert was a miss for me.>

I don't disagree, but that's mainly because of the setlist, not necessarily because of the performance, imo.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:11

Zgubi, You must be complete overwhelmed. What an experience!!

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:22

Keith and me in Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque smiling smiley

Ferrari World with Keith - 240km/h in under 5 secondssmiling bouncing smiley

My Art smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2014 14:27

DandelionPowderman

I don't disagree, but that's mainly because of the setlist, not necessarily because of the performance, imo.

I personally have some 2-3 songs I would expect to appear out of some 5 songs I really like. Gimme Shelter is one of them and in HP2 it was perfectly executed while at AD it did'nt sound too good (I still listen to my own recording of the HP2 GS - not the SSS track). This fact might divert my entire judgment to the worst.

Also: here at IORR people created their little isolated microcosms where the small details of the setlists/intros/Keith's playing/Ronnies unplaying at each concert makes much difference. So when you plug into IORR you start "speaking the language". Obviously concerts are made for the actual audience - most of which will be ALWAYS people who came to have fun singing the 6-8 songs they nearly know by heart. This relationship between the band, the general audience and the few hard core fans reminds me a little of my own job as small scale "producer" of family type of special events and excursions. For THE family their event is expensive, taylor made and the most important events in a year, or more. For me? its another day of work. I dont consider myself "pretending" when I make them believe I'm actually an adopted family member as enthusiastic as them. That's part of the assignment and you never ever admit that you actually did this a million times, and would do it again in the future with other families. Now there is always that half drunk uncle that comes and whisper "god - you must have done this stupid activity some 1000 times by now, ha?". Thats uncle IORR.ORG. Any you talk the talk with him too. He's usually funny anyway. Cheers.

EDIT: I meant "Tailor made"... Not Taylor made...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 14:31 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:32

rehalsals:

[youtube]

[/youtube]

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:35

Aquamarine
zgubi

However here is the video summary put together by du with the VIP experience, you can see me in the brown jacket.

Safe travels to everyone going to Tokyo or back home!

One of the things I love about this is that all you winners are young people. smiling smiley

yeah, basically it was me and my friend (the one with the sunglasses that are over 30 smiling smiley and the other two who are twins and I believe under 21 as they were not drinking any alcohool). For all the other 3 it was the first Stones concert, what a start huh!!!

Date: February 24, 2014 14:35

<Gimme Shelter is one of them and in HP2 it was perfectly executed while at AD it did'nt sound too good>

I agree, mainly because of Mick's off-key vocals this time...

<Also: here at IORR people created their little isolated microcosms where the small details of the setlists/intros/Keith's playing/Ronnies unplaying at each concert makes much difference.>

I agree totally! And I have picked on Keith's trouble with playing the GS intro (also in HP2) properly, among other things winking smiley

However, those nuances show that the Stones are flesh and blood, and that their music is more organic than we give them credit for. We criticise Mick for streamlining their show, but the songs can sound very different on two different nights. IORR, for instance didn't sound very good in the american leg of the tour, while it was cooking in HP1. Doom And Gloom was fantastic in the O2 Arena (1st show) and fell apart in HP1 - and so on... smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:36

From those pics it looks like you had a grand time, Medzvel!

You must have gone through a few beers to get that beach art done...very nice job. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:38

DandelionPowderman
bonddm
Is it confirmed that MT also played on BTMMR?

Yes

Wrong (again...) :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 14:38 by gotdablouse.

Date: February 24, 2014 14:40

Sici
rehalsals:

[youtube]

[/youtube]

thumbs up

Date: February 24, 2014 14:47

gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
bonddm

Yes

Wrong (again...) :

Again? See my explanation above - don't shoot the piano player grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:53

Thanks Sici for the ygmR rehearsals video
Jeroen

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:53

Abu Dhabi ? We where very disapointed about this bad Management!

Payed about EUR 3500 2 Persons, (Flight, Hotel, Tix) / Invested 4 Days / flying from Germany / Waited 5 Hours for Entrance / Entering the Arena as " the first - yes we run first in the Arena!" Got best places in the Arena! (normally !)...

...and this was our view to the stage!

one more, the catwalk much to high. couldn't see the fans of the other side.

couldn't not see Charly, couldn't see Darryl (not even one time!) couldn't see the hole right side/anything from the right side of the stage! saw Lisas, Bernards and Chucks heads! Never saw Tim Ries or Bobbie !

or this... (saw Keith 2 or 3 times) - from the first row !

THIS VIEW AT THE FIRST ROW !!!!

What a disappointing. I have seen about 40 Stones-Shows - The Show itself was great - but this iam not going to do again. Sorry!

Another problem we feel a kind of cheated with the early entrance tix.
When we run in the Arena at 6:30 there was no entrance to the left side of the stage (Ronnies Side). It was closed! The filled up the right side first (Keith side). The left side was totally empty til about 7:20 ! But we coulnd see it because of the highness of the catwalk. My girlfriend entered the left side at 7:20 so i was able to change places as you see on the Pictures. All the early entrance People was "packed" on Keith side. The "normal" Pit Tix holders entered Ronnies side easy without any hasting at 7:30 and got front row places. What a bad Management of this all !

The Show itself was great - like always! But - if the stage is buildet in the europe tour like this, iam not going to do this again - not in this configuration of the pit!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 24, 2014 14:55

Thank you for the feedback and pictures that show the problems already mentioned (benstones and bv). Very disappointing indeed, did you try going backwards a bit during the show or was it just too dense? I wonder why they didn't stick with the HP setups since it worked fine. Not sure about the height of the stage there but the first rows were probably slightly further away and the catwalk was certainly lower as I could see the top of people's heads when I stood on my toes briefly.

DandelionPowderman
gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
bonddm

Yes

Wrong (again...) : You Tube Link

Again? See my explanation above - don't shoot the piano player grinning smiley
What explanation ? Anyway the point is that there is no need to be assertive if you don't know something for a fact (MT on BFTMMR) or haven't done the research (Jagger supposedly playing the solo on SOL) and another recent example I can't be bothered to lookup, just say "I think", "based on", etc...it's a disservice to the community when a (regular) member posts info as a fact when he doesn't have the proper backup.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 15:05 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2014 15:06

Medzvel
Keith and me in Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque smiling smiley

Thank you for all of the newspaper articles and your pictures...
you give us a nice personal view of the event and more. smileys with beer

Date: February 24, 2014 15:16

gotdablouse
What explanation ? The point is : there is no need to be assertive if you don't know something for a fact (MT on BFTMMR) or haven't done the research (Jagger supposedly playing the solo on SOL) and another recent example I can't be bothered to lookup, just say "I think", "based on", etc...it's a disservice to the community when a (regular) poster posts info as a fact when he doesn't have the proper backup.

I had no reason to doubt what IORR-posterS reported from the arena, and took it as a fact - with the best of intentions. I'll await your harsh post coming his way...

It's not a crime trying to be helpful. And we all fail sometimes...

In retrospect, you may have been right that "the other guitar" on the SOL-solo was a keyboard - but so what? What's with the knitpicking?

It's amazing that my contributions here apparently is annoying you this much! We're all wrong from time to time. It's a fan board, and we're posting here on good and bad days. I post a lot, and somEtimes I'm wrong, just like you. Then it's good to have IORR friends to correct you, and that's how it should be, not harsh posts like yours, IMO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 15:34 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 24, 2014 15:20

wow stones are still rocking after all these years and sounding good,so we are blessed and lucky bring on japan,i am sure fans will be wilder there and they will give few unkown songs,boys keep on rocking never mind the few who always like complaing about evrything and nothing cause whatever you do you cannot please everyone, like kid who lost his loilpop.

Date: February 24, 2014 17:49

DandelionPowderman

However, those nuances show that the Stones are flesh and blood, and that their music is more organic than we give them credit for. We criticise Mick for streamlining their show, but the songs can sound very different on two different nights. IORR, for instance didn't sound very good in the american leg of the tour, while it was cooking in HP1. Doom And Gloom was fantastic in the O2 Arena (1st show) and fell apart in HP1 - and so on... smiling smiley

I, for one, do not criticize them at all - and not only since convincing a hardcore fan to "convert" (Taylorians to non Taylorians, Vegas RS to Setlist purists, and vise versa) is as impossible as to convince a Boca Juniors fan to become a River Plate fan.

The Rolling Stones had became "people of their time". And "our time" is no longer 1972. The basically behave in standards that are set for many parallel "industries". Their only "sin" is that they actually survived as a functioning (though not so much creating) body of performers which means fans can have a "life long relationship" with the imaginary "Rolling Stones" each of us have in his mind. I personally thank The Rolling Stones, The Who or Deep Purple (which I saw many times in the last 10 years) for any gig they give and to which I can come. And that's it. Even though I really like reading the (sometimes) fierce arguments between different "Cliques" as good quasi politically debates are great for your brain.

Date: February 24, 2014 19:00

Best Stones people smiling smiley

I have put together my story about the Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi experience, meeting the band and the concert. It's quite a long post and contains some media so a bit difficult to post it all here.

You can find the whole story on the blog that I just started for the tour, hope you enjoy it smiling smiley

Rolling with the Stones: Abu Dhabi, meeting the band, 14 On Fire Opening Night

Date: February 24, 2014 19:10

Wroclaw
DandelionPowderman

I, for one, do not criticize them at all - and not only since convincing a hardcore fan to "convert" (Taylorians to non Taylorians, Vegas RS to Setlist purists, and vise versa) is as impossible as to convince a Boca Juniors fan to become a River Plate fan.

The Rolling Stones had became "people of their time". And "our time" is no longer 1972. The basically behave in standards that are set for many parallel "industries". Their only "sin" is that they actually survived as a functioning (though not so much creating) body of performers which means fans can have a "life long relationship" with the imaginary "Rolling Stones" each of us have in his mind. I personally thank The Rolling Stones, The Who or Deep Purple (which I saw many times in the last 10 years) for any gig they give and to which I can come. And that's it. Even though I really like reading the (sometimes) fierce arguments between different "Cliques" as good quasi politically debates are great for your brain.

thumbs up

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: February 24, 2014 19:22

Medzvel

My Art smiling smiley

Who is the cute blonde?

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 19:27

your beautiful story zgubi! but a curiosity because you could not take photo with the Stones?

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: February 24, 2014 19:30

Shantipole
Medzvel

My Art smiling smiley

Who is the cute blonde?

A dog ruined the "The"!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 24, 2014 20:01

zgubi

I have put together my story about the Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi experience, meeting the band and the concert. It's quite a long post and contains some media so a bit difficult to post it all here.

You can find the whole story on the blog that I just started for the tour, hope you enjoy it smiling smiley

This is just great, thanks for the Report and see you down under

Date: February 24, 2014 20:07

harald2002

Payed about EUR 3500 2 Persons, (Flight, Hotel, Tix) / Invested 4 Days / flying from Germany / Waited 5 Hours for Entrance / Entering the Arena as " the first - yes we run first in the Arena!" Got best places in the Arena! (normally !)...

couldn't not see Charly, couldn't see Darryl (not even one time!) couldn't see the hole right side/anything from the right side of the stage! saw Lisas, Bernards and Chucks heads! Never saw Tim Ries or Bobbie !

What a disappointing. I have seen about 40 Stones-Shows - The Show itself was great - but this iam not going to do again. Sorry!

When we run in the Arena at 6:30 there was no entrance to the left side of the stage (Ronnies Side). It was closed! The filled up the right side first (Keith side). The left side was totally empty til about 7:20 ! But we coulnd see it because of the highness of the catwalk. My girlfriend entered the left side at 7:20 so i was able to change places as you see on the Pictures. All the early entrance People was "packed" on Keith side. The "normal" Pit Tix holders entered Ronnies side easy without any hasting at 7:30 and got front row places. What a bad Management of this all !

The Show itself was great - like always! But - if the stage is buildet in the europe tour like this, iam not going to do this again - not in this configuration of the pit!

the only thing one can say:

my sincerest condolences...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 20:17

zgubi

It's a nice read, thanks for sharing. I hope you'll have some more experiences like this down under to share with us. smileys with beer

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 24, 2014 20:41

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
harald2002

Terrible

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 24, 2014 21:35

Harm
TimeWaitsforNooooOne
harald2002

Terrible

This is yet another example of how the most loyal fans are being cheated! I'm a bit surprised how little interest there is on this board about this scam. Compared to what was going on around Hyde Park, that is.

Date: February 24, 2014 22:06

wicked67
your beautiful story zgubi! but a curiosity because you could not take photo with the Stones?

yes, good point smiling smiley this is the part I was referring to in the "logistics details disclosure", the answer is both yes and no if you see what I mean smiling smiley

on the other hand, compared to the actual moment, no photo or material thing can actually compare.

this is the photo gallery of photos from my entire #StonesAbuDhabi adventure

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 23 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home