Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT-True Detective
Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:34

Anyone watching True Detective, its very intense and the acting is great. Any ideas how the story will end.

Re: OT-True Detective
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:41

....my bet is he'll get the chick in the end ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:41

Fantastic. Slowly unfolds with such intense layers. Great acting and a very compelling story. Disturbing drama. Not sure yet how it will end. They are steering you to now believing that the Matthew Mc's character was the original murderer...but I think it is more complex than that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 04:43 by whitem8.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:46

This show absolutely blows my mind. Incredible viewing. As for how it ends, I have a number of theories but i'm pretty sure all of them are wrong. I do beieve though that rust is still working on the case in 2012 (undercover) and that Martin is covering him. They re not the killers in other words. Then again, who knows what twists lie ahead. The whole issue with Martin's daughter (young and old) gives me reason to believe that something happend in the family. Maybe a cult that includes his father in law?

All wrong probably, but I don't really mind. It's a testament to how good this show is that there could be so many things to consider. It could go down as one of the greatest tv shows (or pieces of entertainment) ever if it gets the ending right.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:48

I think it's something like he's trying to change the circular repetition of time to help stop the killings that happen over and over again. Anyway, the best thing currently on American T.V.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2014 04:59

Too bad it's 8 episodes and then bam, over.

Date: February 21, 2014 05:08

But there will be another season with a different murder and set of detectives. At least that was the plan.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 21, 2014 05:25

<<my bet is he'll get the chick in the end>>

The dick should always get the chick.

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: February 21, 2014 05:30

Very nice to read others are watching this show. I love Woody, and always have. Love non-ROMCOM McConaughey too. Anyone seen BERNIE? MUD? He's great!

Anyway, the show feels like Twin Peaks if Flannery O'Connor was the producer and writer. Which means a special treat for a guy like me.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 21, 2014 05:56

REV TUTTLE FROM EPISODE #1 IS THE YELLOW KING.
MARK IT.
PERKS DONE TOLD Y'ALL FIRST.

Date: February 21, 2014 06:26

YEah I agree the Rev could be the Yellow King. His absence is suspicious.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:06

Very deep/dark show. I love it though. There aren't too many shows with this caliber of dialogue, in the same league as Breaking Bad in my opinion. Too bad there's only 3 more episodes. I too think the Reverand is guilty.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:11

whitem8
YEah I agree the Rev could be the Yellow King. His absence is suspicious.

He's on this week.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:15

Remember the guy who was in the police station (first episode maybe?) and had started his own type of investigation? Also the lawnmoower guy at the school (rust apparently only needs 2 minutes to know someone is lying...he interviewed him for one then left - last episode he goes back to the school...). Martin's dad. The Rev. It's more than just one person who is involved in this crime. Who is the leader though? The yellow king as many are thinking. I still believe it all has something to do Martin's father. The signs are there with Martins older daughter. She saw something when she was young (the drawings she did at school and the activities she gets up to when she is older...).

Amazing stuff though. Can't wait to find out what happens in the end.

Yes, two new detectives for the next series. Any preferences?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 21, 2014 17:12

Yes! Best show on television right now in my opinion. The best in a long time actually. The HBO format is the future of film. You can do all the violence, sex, nudity and foul language you want AND take time to properly tell a story unlike films which rarely go beyond 120 minutes AND get great actors involved. I have no idea how it's going to end but if I had to guess I'd say Rust figures out that it involves the governor's brother and that it get's swept under the rug. Don't forget to check out the ancillary website : www.darknessbecomesyou.com for great writer/director commentaries on each episode. ( it's a little tricky to navigate, you have to slide down to the bottom of each page to get to the good stuff.)

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: February 21, 2014 17:17

Rev. Tuttle is involved but I think Marty is the Yellow King.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: February 21, 2014 17:36

Fantastic show so far. This article sheds some light on the Yellow King, etc.:

[io9.com]

Date: February 21, 2014 19:05

Thank you so much bleedingman for that amazing article! WOW! I am stunned and learned so much from it, that I want to go back and re-watch it now! I thought quiet a while ago that Marty was the man...but who knows, this is such a complex thriller with such dark mystery. The chilling depravity of humanity.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: February 21, 2014 20:02

Wow! Thanks for that link-The King in Yellow. Who knew?

Make the whole series far more interesting and strange now.

Gonna have to re-watch-especially episode 1.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 21, 2014 20:11

I HAVE WATCHED EACH EPISODE SEVERAL TIMES,YOU MISS A LOT IN ONE VIEWING.
CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT THE DEAL WITH MARTY'S DAUGHTER.
CAPTAIN OF THE SLUT TEAM,INDEED.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:26

I am leaning in the same direction. Saw something on Reddit this morning, HBO let out a plot synompsis, in Episode 7 & 8 they get back together to solve it. I sort of believe that they may be working under cover or made up a long time ago in order to solve this case. McConaughey was interviewed on Actors Studio and he praises Woody Harrelson, they both should get awards for this show. I read a interview with Woody who said that they had never been in a drama before together and this is a different experience for them, I guess they have been good friends for some time.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:41

stonehearted
<<my bet is he'll get the chick in the end>>

The dick should always get the chick.

And the butler did it.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 21, 2014 22:50

This is a very good show with quality acting and is well written. Not recommended for viewing just before going to sleep at night...

A walk on the dark side for sure

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 23:33

I love TD. Wonderful acting. Rust is such an excellent character. Looking so much forward to the rest of it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2014 05:41

I love TD .... Yeah it's the cherry on the first side ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 10, 2014 17:51

Wow. How did you guys like ending? I loved it. Seems like going full circle to me. This and Breaking Bad are the two best shows in recent history in my opinion.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:12

frankotero
Wow. How did you guys like ending? I loved it. Seems like going full circle to me. This and Breaking Bad are the two best shows in recent history in my opinion.

Friends, when discussing this series: beware of spoilers please...
This show still has to air in large portions of the world (including mine)... smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:13

I think it's Jim Carrey's best movie, but I don't think it's all that dark.

Date: March 10, 2014 19:16

Yeah, the ending with Jim Carrey was a real hoot. I knew he did ittongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:42

This show is southern gothic at its best. I love that can cross-genre from mystery to dark mysticism.
And the landscape: you don't often get accurate southern stories in film, tv ...and TD references all these places I've known all my life: Beaumont, Lubbock, Lake Charles, Port of Houston etc...it feels authentic. Southern writer, southern actors...it's a special treat for me.
As for MM, the man is on fire. The guy has always been quirky, a bit of a world traveler, seeker, a true free spirit. He's got that kind of true eccentricity that great artists have. I can't say I would have predicted this kind of resurgence, but I always knew the guy had something different than the average Pitt, Damon etc..but with a very distinctive southern accent - Hollywood, with a few exceptions, doesn't really know what to do with it. Movies like Mud, Killer Joe, DCB and TD let him explore characters. If Deniro can have a New York persona, than why can't a southern actor have a southern persona and thrive?
Mcconaughey is, as they say in Texas, a different cat, and its that differentness that makes him a fasinating actor and human being.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home