Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

$450 vs. $160 question
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 21:36

Is the $450 seats the seats on stage? Or is it "hot seats", which to my understanding is a good seat and some merchandise? Can you buy $160 seats and be in the first 15 rows? Help me out here. I'm trying to plan my attack and "Time waits for no one and it won't wait for me". This tickets are going on sale quick! Thanks.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Re: $450 vs. $160 question
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 14, 2005 21:54

i think there's an awful lot of confusion about this, but:

~ at least at some venues there are seats in the first four rows for around $97 - $160, but (obviously!) hardly any, and those are *not* what you get if you go for the "hot seats";

~ not every $450 seat is a "hot seat"; a lot of pretty mediocre seats seem to be running $400 - $450;

~ some people are speculating that the "hot seats" may be what gets you on the stage, but what the website stated was that the "hot seats" are between rows 5 and 15 and come with some unspecified "special merchandise" and a laminate.

i hope that helps some; good luck!

~*COURAGE!*~
it's the Rolling Stones!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-10 21:40 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:05

but how can you buy the seats on stage??? I haven't seen anyone who has bought them yet, that's strange!

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:07

I don't think mediocre seats should be selling for $300- $500, I noticed that on last tour also; I won't be paying that kind of money again.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: May 14, 2005 22:11

Rik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but how can you buy the seats on stage??? I
> haven't seen anyone who has bought them yet,
> that's strange!

that hasn't been clarified yet. maybe the "hot seats" *are* the magic on-stage ones, but that's just some fans' speculation at this point.
my own tentative theory, based only on some very brief bouts of "ticket-fishing" and very cursory study of the floorplans, is that the "hot seats" are up front *and* in the center three sections, and that there are also some cheaper seats farther off to the sides in those same rows. but i might be totally wrong.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-10 21:41 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:50

strange that we can't find that info

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2005 23:05

Hot seats are guaranteed to be in rows 5-15

You can indeed get $160 tickets that would be in those rows. many people have, although whether there would be too many available by the time the public sales start is another matter. Ive read about someone getting a $99 seat in that area too.

I think the whle pricing structure is designed to con the more anxious people out of $450 because they will automatically assume that when they click 'best seats available' that it will be the $450 ones. It isnt necessarily the case.

Date: May 14, 2005 23:29

it also appears that the prices of the "hot seats" vary from venue to venue. in chicago they were around $350 (maybe less), but other places had them for $450, right? (is that a stadium vs arena dichotomy?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-10 21:42 by with sssoul.

Date: May 14, 2005 23:37

some of the ones I saw were over $550!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 14, 2005 23:48

Gazza, will the tickets be any less expensive in Europe or is this just the initial hype.

Date: May 15, 2005 01:06

I dont think they'll be anywhere near that expensive in europe, although no doubt they'll have SOME pricing structure for the "more money than sense brigade"

On the last tour, it was mostly the UK that had the most expensive tickets because even in the stadiums there the floor/pitch had seats instead of general admission.

Once you take the $350 and hot seats out of the equation, a lot of the prices arent as bad as they could have been IMO. That said, I find any elitism based on income in rock 'n' roll to be despicable and personally I would give a tramp in the street $400 if I had it before I'd ever give it to a rock band who wouldnt appreciate it and who will never live long enough to spend it anyway.

Its mostly the way the pricing is arranged that gets me - where it seems you can get a nosebleed for $300 in some stadiums, even though youre a tier or two above someone who paid a third as much and you can get a floor seat for $160 or $100 and be sitting next to someone who paid $500. The whole thing seems designed to rip off those who tend to panic buy.

I'm also wary about how many of those 'reasonably' priced good seats at $160 and $99 are actually going to be available to the public. Not many I'd bet, so it seems another way of getting $100 out of you to buy four of them in another presale.

Date: May 15, 2005 01:22

Thanks for the reality check. It hasn't been a week and I'm at the point of panic. I tried for the Calgary seats for the heck of it and you are right - nothing at ticketmaster. There has to be some personal limit or as you said "more money than sense brigade" on this whole thing.

You know, I used a code for Hockenheim last tour after it was on sale for several weeks. The real show was in the campground.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:01

with tax, hot seats in Miami were $615, and a big disappointment to find out I could have done better for a lot less. But in the excitement, the frenzy, I did not read, and assumed HOT meant the best. I certainly don't need some crappy laminate or some such thing.

It woud be a charm tho if those on stage seats were taken from the people that bought hot seats in a lottery. I just do not think it will happen , those are supposed to be given out by the fan club thru various competitions etc.

Date: May 15, 2005 02:09

Well, so far, and I have just watched, the Fan Club is treating people fairly. Case in point I'm one of the dudes from July 1 04 to May 9 05 but that will remain to be seen at Tic Time on if I get in.

There will have to be a creative way to get the people on the stage. It will be interesting.

So, you didn't take any of those packages eh?

Date: May 15, 2005 02:18

kahoosier Wrote:
> with tax, hot seats in Miami were $615, and a big
> disappointment to find out I could have done
> better for a lot less. But in the excitement, the
> frenzy, I did not read, and assumed HOT meant the
> best. I certainly don't need some crappy laminate
> or some such thing.

thats what I mean. I dont blame you for assuming that 'hot seats' meant 'best seats'. Its a perfectly reasonable assumption to make - especially at $615! - and once you're in that TM site and its asking for your credit card details and showing you what tickets are available, its a natural instinct to hit the 'buy' button. I can understand that in your position for reasons you've previously stated.

I think a lot of us have got a bit wiser with the benefit of hindsight. Certainly when I joined the fan club and read all this stuff about tickets and hot seats etc it was a lot to take in. In many ways its a bit of advantage not having the shows I want available on the initial sale date, and someone else ends up being the guinea pigs for the rest of us.

Its just a pity that a lot of people, through no real fault of their own but their enthusiasm for seeing the band at close quarters, ended up paying three times as much as they really needed to.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:20

Do you mean tha package deal from fanasylum? No, the tour for me, at least the US leg, is coming with some rotten timing . Conflicts with long standing plans have just about scuttled the whole thing. I was able to pick up Miamai as the firt night of my USA stay, and Anaheim as the last. There is a slim chance I can get there earlier for a Philly Theater or stay a day or two later for the Palladium, but it looks dim. So I looked into the fanasylum shows and realized in those two cities, take away the ticket price, travel alone, and I am paying over $1200 for two nights in a hotel and meals! Even as foolish as I can be, that is too much! Now if in the rest of the world, they start to offer the multiple show pacakges like they did last tour, I will probably be one of the first in line.

If you mean the packages with the hot seat, and I cannot even remember what the extras were, I guess I did get the one for Miami, cause I thought it was automatic!

Date: May 15, 2005 02:22

The more I watch this whole thing evolve, I actually think I will use the code at Hockenheim and enjoy the campground show.

Date: May 15, 2005 02:26

No, I was referring to the fact that you live so far away and have a slow dial up connection, so naturally once you'd be in TM's 'system', you'd jump at the tickets when offered very good ones!

Date: May 15, 2005 02:28

Well, so far this is going a very different direction than last tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2005 02:44

Anaheim Hot Seats (rows 5-15) were over $650 a piece...for what...?...a free laminate?
For Gods sake, thats unreal!!!

I remember last tour, some people were getting front 10 rows for $90, pissed me off seeing that I paid $350 for seats behind them.
You live and learn...so this time I was able to get Anaheim 9th row center section A2 for $99 a piece.
Don't ask me how I did it...but it took a lot of stress, luck, trials, tribilulations, blood, sweat, and tears...and some extra grey hairs.
Basically, I gambled and fiddled around with the seats that were offered and almost bit for the $450, but they were way back by B-stage, so I threw them back. Next, typed in $160...they were even worse. I felt I was pressing my luck, and losing precious time. I was beginning to lose hope, and was totally disillusioned with the pre-sale fiasco.

But then...I typed in $99...Floor section...and lo and behold...magic! A2, row 9, Anaheim. 999 Anaheim!
I'm still stunned at the luck I had, but trying to be humble about it all...knowing Ticketmaster, they'll send them to the wrong address.

As far as I know, the seats on-stage will be given out through RS.com contests.

Date: May 15, 2005 03:01

Ya, now this is ok. Reasonable.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 16, 2005 01:25

Hairball, I don't see how that would be possible to get a sec A seat for under $450 because that's face value? Are you sure you're not AA? I did THAT ONCE!!!Was I surprised! Almost threw a fit the seat was so bad!

Date: May 16, 2005 01:48

So Debra this is the last time you will do this right?

Re: on stage seats REAL DEAL
Posted by: Dear Doctor ()
Date: May 16, 2005 02:55

these seats will be allocated in the future at stadium shows

go to stones site and the help section

it has alot of info

Date: May 16, 2005 03:25

Debra Wrote:
> Hairball, I don't see how that would be possible
> to get a sec A seat for under $450 because that's
> face value? Are you sure you're not AA? I did THAT
> ONCE!!!Was I surprised! Almost threw a fit the
> seat was so bad!

Yes Debra, believe me, yes it's possible...I'm living proof.
And of course I know the difference between AA and section A, I'm not an idiot.
After 25 years of seeing the Stones - 32 times to date, I think I am qualified and experienced enough to find good seats.
Like I said before, last tour there were folks who were able to get front 10 rows for $90.
Same for this tour.

Maybe Bjornulff (or someone else in-the-know) would like to chime in, he mentioned it himself a couple weeks ago.

To paraphrase Bjornulff (correct me if I'm wrong):

"The Stones always have had "golden circle" seats for under $100...first 10 rows...for those who are lucky enough to get them"

If that doesn't convince you, perhaps this will...a copy of my order directly from my ticketmaster account -
I've deleted pertinent information - order number, etc.

Order Date: 05/11/05
Amount: US $236.25
Event: Rolling Stones
Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Anaheim, CA
11/04/05 - 7:00 PM

Two tickets:

Section:
A2

Row:

Ticket Price
$99.00 US

Convenience Charge Description:
$16.95

Seats: (edit) to (edit) | seating chart

Tickets : US $99.00 x 2

Total Convenience Charge(s) US $16.95 x 2
Order Processing Charge US $4.35
TOTAL CHARGES US $236.25

To conclude, I paid a total of $236.25 for two 9th row center seats at Anaheim stadium.
I hope you believe me now, and perhaps I'll see you there?

Date: May 16, 2005 03:32

Furthermore, there is no such thing as "section AA" at Anaheim Stadium, I had to double check though just to be sure.
It's section A1, A2, A3, and A4....all front of stage.
Thats it...no more A's whatsoever!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 16, 2005 04:30

i love the stones but i thought it was me who couldn't figure out this ticket fiasco,it is a mess this tour i'll post my own ticketmaster chaos when i get a little more time.

john scialfa

Date: May 16, 2005 05:36

I'm not sure how other shows are being listed, but here is how the Ticketmaster purchase page looks for Anaheim. Good future reference for those who are about to buy, when it says FLOOR LEVEL: US $99.00 - US $450.00, you can be pretty sure that there are indeed some nice $99 ones up close. I don't know how many were available, but I don't really care anymore. All I can say is it's worth the gamble.

FLOOR LEVEL
US $99.00 - US $450.00

FIELD - LOWER LEVEL
US $60.00 - US $160.00

DIAMOND CLUB - LOWER LEVEL
US $160.00

CLUB - MIDDLE LEVEL
US $60.00 - US $160.00

UPPER VIEW - TOP LEVEL-LAST 15 ROWS
US $60.00 - US $99.00

TERRACE - LOWER LEVEL
US $60.00 - US $99.00

LOWER VIEW - TOP LEVEL-FIRST 9 ROWS
US $60.00 - US $99.00

PAVILION
US $60.00

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sun, 05/22/05 10:00 AM

Internet Presale Info
Fan Club:
Start: Wed, 05/11/05 09:00 AM
End: Fri, 05/20/05 12:00 PM

American Express:
Start: Wed, 05/11/05 09:00 AM
End: Sat, 05/21/05 05:00 PM

AMERIQUEST PRESENTS
THE ROLLING STONES
ON STAGE
ANGEL STADIUM
RAIN/SHINE-NO CAMS/REC
FRI NOV 4 2005 7:00 PM

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 16, 2005 10:30

Earlier someone said that Fan Asylum wasn't worth it. While I agree it is a lot of money, you are getting a lot of service that is priced into the deal. Like at the theatres on Licks, they let people in early and they stood at the front before they let everyone else in. At the stadium in Tokyo, we had the front rail for both shows and had a back-stage tour. Plus two of our crowd ate dinner with the Stones in the Lounge backstage before the show. And don't forget the all-you-can-drink bar and munchies in the lounge before both shows. Fan Asylum is expensive but it is a near-VIP experience. Not the best. But pretty darn close.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home