Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: follow Rolling Stones Flight
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:12

It will land at Ramsgate, i think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 18:15 by skyhawk.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:13

Manston Kent International??

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:17

wope
Just witnessed the Stones-plane fly over Antwerp in a clear blue sky!
Pics or it never happened ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:24

it's landed i think...

Posted by: wope ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:26

Just take my word for it.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:27

Whoever said this was like watching goldfish? Spot on. Strangely relaxing. Does this mean Mick is on it?

Date: March 21, 2014 18:32

The Mick is in LA already; Keith, Charlie and Ronnie got on this plane in Perth.
I like the fact that they kept the media confused about where the Mick was and smuggled him out of Perth in privacy.

I love the Rolling Stones.

Date: March 21, 2014 18:33

with sssoul

Last position:

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:50

Is that anywhere near Canterbury?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:56

nightskyman
Is that anywhere near Canterbury?

From what I can tell, about 15km

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:57

I don't have any issue with this thread, or the originator. Just get that up front.

Having said that, anyone else feel it's on the creepy side of creepy that we're even able to do this? Kind of feels like stalking.

I wonder if there will be a day when a satellite will be able to track them coming off the plane, into a limo, and then follow the limo to their home. Then, in 'thermo-cam' mode, be able to track their whereabouts within the mansion, sort of Emotional Rescue style?

"Oh, looks like Mick just went into the kitchen again, probably to make himself another cup of tea."

Date: March 21, 2014 19:05

with sssoul
The Mick is in LA already; Keith, Charlie and Ronnie got on this plane in Perth.
I like the fact that they kept the media confused about where the Mick was and smuggled him out of Perth in privacy.

So the guy with a cap in the pics was not Mick? His hair did seem to be on the greyish side...actually it must have been Chuck!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 21, 2014 19:07

treaclefingers
I don't have any issue with this thread, or the originator. Just get that up front.

Having said that, anyone else feel it's on the creepy side of creepy that we're even able to do this? Kind of feels like stalking.

I wonder if there will be a day when a satellite will be able to track them coming off the plane, into a limo, and then follow the limo to their home. Then, in 'thermo-cam' mode, be able to track their whereabouts within the mansion, sort of Emotional Rescue style?

"Oh, looks like Mick just went into the kitchen again, probably to make himself another cup of tea."

That day is here already. At least as far as the technology goes. It's just not available to the general public yet.

I'm with you on certain levels re: the creepy factor in regards to the Stones. Kind of cool to be able to use, just not 100% sure why I think it's cool to be able to follow their plane. I know when my mom flies in to see me, I like using a similar system to know when her flight will actually arrive. Makes it easy to know when to leave the house and head to the airport. That's different than how it's being used in this case though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:13

treaclefingers

Speaking of which, I've seen that you are sitting at your computer too much today...you need to get up, get out...

Date: March 21, 2014 19:14

mr_dja
treaclefingers

That day is here already. At least as far as the technology goes. It's just not available to the general public yet.

I'm with you on certain levels re: the creepy factor in regards to the Stones. Kind of cool to be able to use, just not 100% sure why I think it's cool to be able to follow their plane. I know when my mom flies in to see me, I like using a similar system to know when her flight will actually arrive. Makes it easy to know when to leave the house and head to the airport. That's different than how it's being used in this case though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes, I think you're right on that bolded point.

I wonder why they didn't use this technology to find the Malaysian flight? I'm sure I'm missing something...what am I missing?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:19

child-of-the-moon

Last position:

judging by the picture it looks like they brought their plane down near a golf course some four miles south of ramsgate international. doesn't seem such a smooth landing now does it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 19:22 by Nikkei.

Date: March 21, 2014 19:26

treaclefingers
mr_dja
treaclefingers

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yes, I think you're right on that bolded point.

I wonder why they didn't use this technology to find the Malaysian flight? I'm sure I'm missing something...what am I missing?

I wish I knew where to send you to show you how they actually "kind of" did... All of the following comes from an interview my wife saw and told me about... The fact that they are looking where they are, is due to a private (satellite) company providing data to various government agencies. Apparently the owner of the company said that they had something like 6 additional hours of data from their satellites that the "officials" didn't have because of the pilots turning stuff off in the cockpit. I guess during the interview, when asked, he told the host that, with minimal information, if he wanted to, he could track her cell phone if he wanted to.

If anyone has additional specific about this company/interview, feel free to correct me and or add to what I've posted. I won't be offended at all. As I said, I didn't see the interview, my wife just told me about it.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:45

with sssoul

Yes, it seems they've brought back the plane directly to the "rental point" in Manston. The machine came originally from there, see Page 1 in this Thread.

Very first flight (ARN98A) for the Tour was on 16-Feb-2014, 12:01 UTC from Manston Airport to Paris Le Bourget, 12:58 UTC.

Flightradar isn't always quite accurate showing the exact position on the map, so no "crash landing in a Louisiana swamp". winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 20:40 by Irix.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:45

treaclefingers

I think we can already do that no?

Date: March 21, 2014 20:48

exhpart
treaclefingers

I think we can already do that no?

Yes, but my point was we don't know yet what TYPE of tea is Mick drinking. This technology stuff is not all it's cracked up to be.

Re: Tour Jet - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:49

Good to see photos of Keith in particular looking lively and well after a very long flight back in Kent

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:59

Well, obviously the press knows how to track planes in flight as well...

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:29

BTW, the plane had a live before the stones ;-)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:30

DrSnuggles

A life before the Stones? That plane is doing better then most people here!

Date: March 21, 2014 21:31

Lady Jayne
Good to see photos of Keith in particular looking lively and well after a very long flight back in Kent
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Funny that they haven't caught on that the chappie in the cap at the Perth airport
was a red herring, not the Mick at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 21:33 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:43

with sssoul
Lady Jayne
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Funny that they haven't caught on that the chappie in the cap at the Perth airport

Me too - and they've had about fifty years practice to perfect their evasive manoeuvres.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:50

DrSnuggles

You can see it also here: [www.planespotters.net] .

Interesting view:

Manston Kent International (MSE/EGMH), UK, 10th March 2013

Manston Kent International (MSE/EGMH), UK, 21th March 2014

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 22:00 by Irix.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:44

with sssoul
Lady Jayne
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Are we sure about that? I get the impression he flew with them to Abu Dhabi, then onto LA by himself.

Date: March 21, 2014 23:02

He was already reportedly in LA when they got to Abu Dhabi. (You'd fly the other way to get to LA from Perth anyway, no?)

Remember he was said to be on his way to the US about the time the postponement of the Australian shows was announced?*
I bet that's about right and later they did what they could to confuse people about his whereabouts, to gain him at least a little privacy.

Besides: In that one photo at the Perth airport - I'm not a Mick chick, but that's not Mick's butt

*edited to correct for time zones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 10:01 by with sssoul.

Date: March 21, 2014 23:17

I always thought that guy's hair was too grey to be Mick and upon closer inspection I'm now pretty sure it was...Chuck!

--------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home